HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Pretty cryptic Sabres reference from LeBrun tweet

Old
02-09-2011, 05:30 PM
HogtownSabresfan

vCash: 500
Pretty cryptic Sabres reference from LeBrun tweet

But this guy is not Eklund. He's real and his stuff is solid. But what does he mean by: "Ladies and gents, don't count out those Sabres of Buffalo..."

trade deadline? or just place in standings which would be too obvious I think

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Not all that cryptic. He's talking about their move toward the playoffs.

02-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Pengo

Sabres of Buffalo...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim?

Stafford + 1st for Getzlaf

Pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 05:33 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

http://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/s...70630919786498

Since the tweet was put out there at around 9:30pm EST when the Sabres were mounting their come back against the Lightning, I doubt it was about the trade deadline.

WhoIsJimBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post

Since the tweet was put out there at around 9:30pm EST when the Sabres were mounting their come back against the Lightning, I doubt it was about the trade deadline.
Exactly.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 05:36 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post

It's pretty darn obvious for LeBrun. Maybe, I'm just hoping he means more. I want a deadline deal.

Old
02-09-2011, 05:47 PM
joechip

Send a message via Yahoo to joechip
It is exactly about that. I RT'd LeBrun this afternoon thanking him to mention the Sabres push in the latest ESPN blog with Burnside and he PM'd me, "Sabres on fire!"

No mystery here. He's been a supporter of this team from the beginning of the season.

Ta,

joechip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 06:37 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joechip View Post
It is exactly about that. I RT'd LeBrun this afternoon thanking him to mention the Sabres push in the latest ESPN blog with Burnside and he PM'd me, "Sabres on fire!"

No mystery here. He's been a supporter of this team from the beginning of the season.

Ta,
Who cares then. I don't need guys to state the obvious. We have Garth for that.
I want to know whether they'll consider a backup goalie to play four or five games down the stretch. More scoring. A puck-moving d-man or a blockbuster to move some softies like Jason Pominville or Hecht. Or whether Stafford is being shopped because his value has hit an all-time high.
The mundane press release driven stories and updates I can get from the Buffalo News.
I still expect Sabres to make a meaningful move (not a Bob Corkum one) and LeBrun will likely be on top of it before the TBN.

Old
02-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Fire Me
Cleared, BUT NOT OUT

it means we're getting Malkin

Fire Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 06:45 PM
joechip

Send a message via Yahoo to joechip
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
Who cares then. I don't need guys to state the obvious. We have Garth for that.
I want to know whether they'll consider a backup goalie to play four or five games down the stretch. More scoring. A puck-moving d-man or a blockbuster to move some softies like Jason Pominville or Hecht. Or whether Stafford is being shopped because his value has hit an all-time high.
The mundane press release driven stories and updates I can get from the Buffalo News.
I still expect Sabres to make a meaningful move (not a Bob Corkum one) and LeBrun will likely be on top of it before the TBN.
You do, obviously. Hoping to read more into something than there actually was.

WTF? Sorry you didn't get your cookie.

Ta,

joechip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 06:56 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joechip View Post
You do, obviously. Hoping to read more into something than there actually was.

WTF? Sorry you didn't get your cookie.

Ta,
Yeah, I'm sick of the Sabres doing nothing at the deadline every year. We have cap room, some extra players lying around in minors here or there, let's make a move.
Brian Burke is a complete idiot and his Kessel deal looks so bad, but at least he's willing to roll the dice.
By the sheer fact we have cap room, there's no excuse not to add some stuff.
...and yeah I read all this crap on the Internet. Desperate fan. LOL

Old
02-09-2011, 09:13 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quite obvious it's about the Sabres playoff push, which hasn't gotten very much (if at all) national attention until last night because of how many games in hand they have (and thus how many points they are back in the standings).

Seriously, I get NHL network, and last night was the first night I've noticed anyone actually suggest Buffalo could make the playoffs (and make note of those games in hand).

jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:14 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
Yeah, I'm sick of the Sabres doing nothing at the deadline every year. We have cap room, some extra players lying around in minors here or there, let's make a move.
Brian Burke is a complete idiot and his Kessel deal looks so bad, but at least he's willing to roll the dice.
By the sheer fact we have cap room, there's no excuse not to add some stuff.
...and yeah I read all this crap on the Internet. Desperate fan. LOL
Yeah. At least Toronto tried.

I for one will be incensed if Regier makes a move like that "for the sake of doing something".

Old
02-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Cappie2k2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
it means we're getting Malkin

Hey they may take A HEALTHY Tim Connolly and rivet!! we get malkin and Orpik....

Cappie2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
Quite obvious it's about the Sabres playoff push, which hasn't gotten very much (if at all) national attention until last night because of how many games in hand they have (and thus how many points they are back in the standings).

Seriously, I get NHL network, and last night was the first night I've noticed anyone actually suggest Buffalo could make the playoffs (and make note of those games in hand).
During the Habs/Bruins game, they flashed the EC standings. McGuire wanted to wax poetic about the Hurricanes, and how great Cam Ward is, and what a great job Maurice and Francis and Barrasso are doing. Then Gord Miller points out how the Sabres are surging and have been one of the better teams of late, McGuire quickly gave a nod to it, and then went back to fellating Ward and Skinner. He almost sounded pissed at Miller for bringing up the Sabres while he was giving the Canes the 8th seed.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Tachycineta

If you go to tsn.ca (one of my favorite sources), all of those panelists (including the dude who lives here during the summer) think Carolina will miss the playoffs and we'll make it (in the tsn video about the playoff race).

2010 bandwagon jumper- Go Habs and Bruins!
Tachycineta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:30 PM
aceface33

I almost feel that since I'm expecting absolutely nothing to happen this trade deadline, something will happen.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post

Every time I watch NHL on the Fly, I get the feeling that all of the reporters on that show could care less about Buffalo. They're always going on and on about Pittsburgh/Washington/Atlanta/Detroit/etc... I don't think I've ever seen them talk about the Minnesota Wild on that show either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
During the Habs/Bruins game, they flashed the EC standings. McGuire wanted to wax poetic about the Hurricanes, and how great Cam Ward is, and what a great job Maurice and Francis and Barrasso are doing. Then Gord Miller points out how the Sabres are surging and have been one of the better teams of late, McGuire quickly gave a nod to it, and then went back to fellating Ward and Skinner. He almost sounded pissed at Miller for bringing up the Sabres while he was giving the Canes the 8th seed.
Yeah, I guess that since Myers and Miller aren't playing lights out this year, there aren't any real star players on Buffalo. Which means there's nothing for the reporters to fall in love with. It annoys me how most of the time star players get more attention than actual teams, as if the game of hockey isn't a team sport.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachycineta View Post
If you go to tsn.ca (one of my favorite sources), all of those panelists (including the dude who lives here during the summer) think Carolina will miss the playoffs and we'll make it (in the tsn video about the playoff race).
Think you can post a link of that video? I'm trying to find it but I'm caught in a mirage of Lupul/Beauchemin trade videos .

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Tachycineta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Barr View Post
Think you can post a link of that video? I'm trying to find it but I'm caught in a mirage of Lupul/Beauchemin trade videos .
I was wrong- it was NHL on the fly from NHL.com, video titled "Who's in and who's out" and video titled "Buffalo fights for 8th." For some reason, I thought that was on tsn.ca.

Not that I agree with the assessment of Miller's performance so far.

Tachycineta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 12:05 AM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachycineta View Post
I was wrong- it was NHL on the fly from NHL.com, video titled "Who's in and who's out" and video titled "Buffalo fights for 8th." For some reason, I thought that was on tsn.ca.

Not that I agree with the assessment of Miller's performance so far.
Heh, that was probably the same clip I saw last night after watching the DVR of the Sabres game, then.

I know they were making fun of the last panelist for picking Buffalo so his friends can't make fun of him in the summer