HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team Building Exercise on Steroids: Habs lose 8-6 in the craziest game of the year.

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2011, 09:54 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Spoken like a noob who knows nothing about the game, we want a MIX, not a team of goons. Get it threw! You and the rest of the pacifists on this board who are used to having a soft team.
What's the Habs record against the Bruins this year? And last?

You are using this one game as a concrete example of needing toughness. Sick of my thoughts on the subject? Yours are getting even more annoying. You were proven wrong by Laraque doing NOTHING and being an embarrassment with his "Code".

Old
02-09-2011, 09:55 PM
HF-Addict

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I just re-watched the Pyatt fight, Campbell whipped him at least 8 times in the face with his elbow pad.
Yeah, seriously, this is disgusting.

Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want The 25 View Post
cant wait to go read bruins board tomwrrow after they get some suspension hopefully campbell doesnt feel nice like he did with cooke
Really? Maybe some fines but I don't see any suspensions.. Even if the NHL did suspend a Bruins player their fans would only say it was well worth it since it was against the Habs..

Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reem View Post
Carkner is a decent #5-6 D.

I'd take him over Picard and Weber.
I'm not the biggest Weber fan(not that I hate him, I'm just indifferent) but there is absolutley no way I'd take Carkner over Weber especially with the way our defense is structured. Weber is a great puck mover which is invaluable to a team like the Canadiens who gets most of its offense of quick counter attacks. Carkner is a slow, immobile defensemen who is only in the league because he could fight and because the Sens are a bad team.

Old
Nidema

Quote:
Spoken like a noob who knows nothing about the game, we want a MIX, not a team of goons. Get it threw! You and the rest of the pacifists on this board who are used to having a soft team.
Oh wise and infinite sage of hockey, who and what do we give up to these players? As I am sure, it is in PG's rule book to avoid them like the plague.

Honestly, I'm all for debating the merits of a team with toughness but I really find it quite pathetic to have to "call out" other posters or denigrate to name calling with terms like "noob" because others can't use rationale argument and conversation as a means of converying their point.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:56 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
That's the BIGGEST issue.

The refs let EVERYTHING go. Every freaking fight, every action. It's as if they were favoring to the fans.

I know for sure the MTL/Boston game on March 8 is going to be 100% opposite of what this match was. Refs will be ALOT more strict.
I agree... Refs let the game get way out of hand.

Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronuss View Post
The flower analogy is perfect.
And yet Chara's big act of revenge against him for last game was slashing his leg while the ref wasn't looking. What a tough guy.

Old
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post

Who said tough players weren't required? There's a difference between tough players and goons you goof.
My point is the toughness starts from somewhere! All the players that i named play tough because they have somebody backing them up. Look at the Anaheim version Moen and the Montreal Canadiens version Moen for example. Sure, i'm the goof

Old
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
What's the Habs record against the Bruins this year? And last?

You are using this one game as a concrete example of needing toughness. Sick of my thoughts on the subject? Yours are getting even more annoying. You were proven wrong by Laraque doing NOTHING and being an embarrassment with his "Code".
Yes because every enforcer acts like Laraque

Old
Dekar

Quote:
I just re-watched the Pyatt fight, Campbell whipped him at least 8 times in the face with his elbow pad.
I know! I was like of course he's full of blood, he barely got hit with something that wasn't solid equipment. That could seriously injure someone. Pyatt's face was a testament to that.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:57 PM
HabsNation514

The Canadiens should get tougher. But that's not why they lost. The Canadiens lost because the Bruins outskated them for once. They took great angles to the net and let it rip. When the Canadiens did that, they scored too.

Old
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Savard can't remember how to tie his shoes.

Oh, and Cam Neely blows. I've been told that one drives Bruins fans crazy because it plays on their homophobia and pokes fun at their worship of a has-been.
And Krejci got hit by a train, directly on his ****ing face.

Old
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Pretty sure Coldplay is one of the better posters around here and I'd take his opinion on the game and toughness over someone who still has "Big Georges is here" above his avatar.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:58 PM
ILUVTHISGAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
Carey needs to play tomorrow, he has to win a game as fast as possible, Martin shouldn't let him time to think about tonight's game.
I honestly don't think Carey is all too cut up about this. Just one of those games.

On another note: Thomas surely wasn't thinking, though: Carey ropes bulls (?) in the summer, the boy is strong and will take you down!

Old
Guillermo

Send a message via AIM to Guillermo Send a message via Yahoo to Guillermo
Can we expect suspensions, since there were fights in the last 5 minutes?

Anyway, the Habs did not back up! I'm proud of les Habitants! Who in his right mind would be proud to beat up Spacek, Hamrlik and Pyatt? Seriously! I would honestly be ashamed! Let's just stay focused and prepare for the playoffs!

Old
MetM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
Couldn't watch the game. Just saw the Pyatt Campbell altercation. If Campbell doesn't get suspended for that (hitting with his equipment) This league is officially a joke.

Hahaha.. what a dumb comment, the pad went in his way during the fight... do you think he should have stop and take the time to remove it?

Old
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
I see what your saying. I just don't agree with it, that's okay. To each their own. If markov and gorges were back there I wouldn't worry, but with the age of our team a guy like Neil would be huge. It was glaring those kids needed help tonight, another tough veteran is what this team needs. Not saying I want him, cause I don't, but Sourray would have been another great guy to have playing tonight.
You make valid points. I just think that there are other holes to be addressed that adding toughness would be a bonus/extra.

But like you said, to each their own. I would also like a guy like Neil on the team. I wouldn't be surprised if we acquired him. I just don't think it's THE priority.

Old
De Montreal
help

Well, the guys will be tired for tomorrow's game. Two bucks we fall flat and lose 3-0.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:59 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Don't respond to the trolls guys. Just report them, the only reason I am telling you this and not the mods is because I'm pretty sure they are so busy they don't have time to post in here right now.

Don't give them the satisfacton.

Old
AHF

Send a message via MSN to AHF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Man if you think Spacek and Hamrlik are bad, you'd pull your hair out with Sutton and Carkner.
I'll just say this...Sutton or Carkner would've taken care of Lucic in a hurry. You think Looch is intimidated by big mean Hal Gill?

We need a d-man with a mean streak. This game wouldn't have been nearly as crazy as it was if Chara/Thornton/Lucic had been kept in check early on.

Old
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Oh wise and infinite sage of hockey, who and what do we give up to these players? As I am sure, it is in PG's rule book to avoid them like the plague.

Honestly, I'm all for debating the merits of a team with toughness but I really find it quite pathetic to have to "call out" other posters or denigrate to name calling with terms like "noob" because others can't use rationale argument and conversation as a means of converying their point.
Atleast you get why i said that, but i don't understand what you ment by " what do we give up to these players?"

Old
Davebo
BeepBeep!

Quote:
Thank you! I've been preaching that - that pissed me off to no end when it happened.

Spread the word - that needs to be looked at by the league. Campbell is not even listed as fighting in the box score - pathetic....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2010020808

Old
02-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
He met the banhammer.
Really? What happened? Or is that not allowed to be discussed.

I always thought he had some good points but had a massive hard on for Cammy and completely oblivious to whatever faults he brings.

Old
Picaroon

vCash: 953
Lucic started all of this. If someone had just fought him one on one, who cares if they lose, good chance this wouldn't have happened.

Old
Guillermo

Send a message via AIM to Guillermo Send a message via Yahoo to Guillermo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
Couldn't watch the game. Just saw the Pyatt Campbell altercation. If Campbell doesn't get suspended for that (hitting with his equipment) This league is officially a joke.
Wasn't Souray suspended for that once?

Closed Thread