HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team Building Exercise on Steroids: Habs lose 8-6 in the craziest game of the year.

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Guillermo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Guillermo Send a message via Yahoo to Guillermo
LOL at Martin in the French interview 0:54

Old
02-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Wtf, seriously? How does our team not come out flying after that guy stands up and speaks to the team.

Jeez after listening to that it sounds like we just lost 1-0. Atleast we have kirk back their too, not for long though.
I used to follow the Nordiques mainly because of Sakic, one of the best ever. Followed them through their move to Colorado and watched every single game they played. I always enjoyed seeing Crawford go lights out nuts whenever crap went down.
Martin is way too dull and emotionless.

As a player, whenever I played, I also used to love seeing my coach lose it behind the bench. Most of the players did. It showed us that he cared, backed us up, and wouldn't always blame us for the way things unfolded during games.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:20 AM
number 11

at the end of the day, our pp woke up and we scored 6 goals against one of the best defensive teams and goalies in the league. and krecji got knocked out (could be out a while?). tighten up our D and we should be alright.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:22 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

A little trivia question for everyone (maybe it's been answered before on this thread?) : When is the last time the Habs have been involved in a 14 goals game or more?

I don't have the answer, and I really can't remember!

Old
02-10-2011, 12:24 AM
CarrePrisme

Bruins fans are crying, as usual. Even after a win, the Habs are never 'classy' enough for them.

Reading them, it's obvious that Gionta fighting Chara with his hands behind his back is the only that Habs won't be cowards to them.

These people are crazy and don't know anything about hockey. Or fighting.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:29 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
As a player, whenever I played, I also used to love seeing my coach lose it behind the bench. Most of the players did. It showed us that he cared, backed us up, and wouldn't always blame us for the way things unfolded during games.
That is a really good point.

I still like Martin though.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:36 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

I swear, if I ever see Gaston Therrien IRL, gonna punch him in the face so harddddd that he won't be able to say MA Ber-ge-ron again. Wiz came back from a friggen flu and trust me, I bet I know how he must feel tonight, I got a flu right now. wiz Sets up great plays and plays friggen 24min. Lord Gaston dares to friggen compare him to MAB again and downgrades him to the point of saying he's not more than a 6-7th dman. He can't friggen give credit to guy when he deservs some. Always friggen negative. Can some1 f'ing fire that idiot from RDS - he's such a dumbass who says the same friggen thing night after night besides making ''funny" jokes to please Chantal.

BTW, i didnt wanna watch l'antichambre, RDS was just on when it showed. I know that people don't always say the smartest things on TV and that people are human, but this guy is a friggen failure of existance. He deserves to be shrinked to the size of nickle and live the rest of his stupid life in Tim Thomas tonights post game wet yellowish jockstrap.

On a side note. WTH was that game lol. Honestly can't wait for the next matchup lol. Really enjoyed all that Subban/Marchand thing going in the game. Marchand did win it today but Subban will get him back next game!. Kinda happy a game like that happened before the trade deadline, maybe Pierre knows better now what to do after a game like this. Oh and, Bruins got no class when they fight... Pouliot and Price totally hold off against David and Thomas while some of the Bruins guy just went all out like if it was friggen UFC. Even after watching Canadiens Express I'm lost lol. This game was alot to digest. We'll get them next time.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:38 AM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
A little trivia question for everyone (maybe it's been answered before on this thread?) : When is the last time the Habs have been involved in a 14 goals game or more?

I remember us losing to the Flyers 8-7 once... in probably the early to mid 90's. It's probably happened since then but thats all that jumps out right now.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:41 AM
jayl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeronne View Post
Bring up Conboy, White and Henry next game.
go ahead bruins will just call up Mcgratton and dress stuart

Old
02-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

Not sure if it was 14 goals, but the first time the Habs faced Theodore vs the Avs was a high scoring game. I think it was 8-6 or 9-7.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:43 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

The Habs lost because of bad defence, not because Boston decided to send out fighters vs Pyatt and Spacek.

In the playoffs Boston is going to get destroyed. They may have come across as tough tonight, but they are a soft, soft team. Soft between the ears.

waffledave
Old
02-10-2011, 12:44 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Not sure if it was 14 goals, but the first time the Habs faced Theodore vs the Avs was a high scoring game. I think it was 8-6 or 9-7.
I think it was 8-5... Not sure tho.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:44 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Adding toughness doesn't happen over night. Over the years, we got rid of some of those tough players, Begin, Bouillon, Laraque, Souray, Murray, Kostopoulos, Lappy, Downey, Komisarek, O'Byrne, etc..
Sure, some of them we don't miss, like Murray, Laraque and Downey, some of them were more pesty, like Lappy, others weren't coming back like Souray or Komi, some, we believed, were too busted up, like Begin and Bouillon, some we would take back, like Kosto, O'Byrne and Bouillon. Nonetheless, one could argue that we've tried building through some toughness, management just didn't do it properly.
As Whitesnake mentioned, we also seem to have taken a step into going towards a grittier and tougher type of prospects when it comes to drafting. We tried with Latendresse, MaxPac, Tinordi, McDonagh, White, Emelin, O'Byrne, Conboy, Schultz... Even guys like SK and Eller are seen as aggressive types in terms of battling. Some aren't fighters, but still, they're not small nor are they push overs.
So there seems to be an overall subtle acknowledgement that we do need to get a little bigger, grittier and tougher. It just doesn't happen over night.

It's interesting that this happened two weeks before the deadline. It'll be interesting to see what Gauthier does now.
Nice post. I also acknowledged a couple of days ago that the Habs have been drafting in the last few years a lot more guys with both physical and mental toughness, and quite a few guys with excellent leadership qualities, i.e. we have a handful of players drafted who are captains on their respective squads.
As far as the deadline is concerned, I'd like to see two things happen. One, trade AK. I was willing to just wait it out until next year, but the guy is becoming a real nuisance on the ice, and i'd like to see a more combatitive forward in the top 6. I'd very much like him to be dealt for a draft pick so that we could then use that pick (as well as others or prospects) to land a grittier more consistent top 6 (or 9) guy. People have said Neil but i think Fisher could be more useful. Ottawa probably would love to dump his contract, and draft picks in his stead would probably be exactly what Murray would want. For us, yeah it's a bad contract, but i actually think Fisher would flourish here. I remember when Fisher looked his best, he was great on the PK, really feisty, and could put the puck in the net in pressure situations. All those things would be welcome in MTL, and especially in Martin's system. I'm pretty sure he can play wing or center, and he's just the kind of guy who'd be perfect because he could play any position really on any line. What he's making next year is not much more than what AK might have gotten in arbtritation (maybe 600k more a year) so i see it as a toss up really. All i know for sure is that he fits in with us way better than AK does.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:45 AM
slimkay

Is it me or were Thomas and Price laughing while fighting?

Old
02-10-2011, 12:46 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
The Habs lost because of bad defence, not because Boston decided to send out fighters vs Pyatt and Spacek.
I agree. It was the defense. Still though, what do you suppose would happen if one of our players tried cross checking an opposing team's goalie. I'm getting kinda tired of seeing other teams take liberties with Gionta and Cammy. I don't want us to become like the Bruins, but we gotta get a little tougher. It's not fair to our players to let them get bullied.

Last edited by andy28: 02-10-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old
02-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkay View Post
Is it me or were Thomas and Price laughing while fighting?
Carey and Timmy are friends (well, respectable colleagues, I suppose would be a better descriptions), they weren't going to really fight beyond what they did, no matter what.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:58 AM
Beendair Donedat

Well I was wondering when the pot would finally boil over and it happened tonight. For all of you rah rah Nancy types that call the Bruins "goons" and are crying because the Habs got beat up all game... This is why we need more toughness and size in the lineup. The Bruins clearly sent a message tonight, and the Habs got it... And they got the black eyes to prove it! The Bruins showed that they could impose their will on us physically and that if we meet up in the playoffs, we are in a whole world of trouble. Look what happened when things got rough - Gomez predictably disappeared, Eller continued his best impersonation of being a hockey player, and Kostitsyn couldn't fold the tent quick enough.... Not to mention poor Subban was basically attacked from the beginning and never got any support. And after they mauled us physically and scored 8 goals, they beat the crap out of some of our non fighters. Now poor Moen did alright and Pouliot beat up a guy that barely handled Mike Cammelleri, but overall we were exposed as a small, gutless franchise.

The Bruins sent the message that they will attack us physically and will use their size to intimidate. How will Gauthier respond???

I'd like to see him bring in players like Clarkson, Nystrom, Vandermeer, Neil or someone of that ilk. And if Kostitsyn or Gomez never played another game in a Habs uniform, I wouldn't be disappointed.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:59 AM
jayl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Could you imagine if we called them all up for March 8th. Would be insane.

Moen-White-Conboy
Henry-Subban

Subban to troll, 4 others to break things
which would be matched with

Thornton-campbell-Mcgratton
chara-Mcquaid

still think it would work?

And then after when all your tough guys are in the box we can still throw out guys like Lucic,Horton,Boychuck,and Stuart

Old
02-10-2011, 01:02 AM
sheed36

Does anyone really think PG will add toughness after tonight's game? Every year the fans and media complain that the Habs lack toughness and they need to get bigger but every year nothing happens to address that need.. What makes anyone think this year will be any different?

Lets face it as long as PG and JM are in charge don't expect much change to this team as both seem to prefer skilled guys no matter their size..

Old
02-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayl View Post

chara-Mcquaid

And then after when all your tough guys are in the box we can still throw out guys like Lucic,Horton,Boychuck,and Stuart
Why are you here?

Old
02-10-2011, 01:04 AM
PK76

Quote:

chara-Mcquaid

and yet, you'll lose in the first round of the playoffs with your goonies.

Old
02-10-2011, 01:06 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
and yet, you'll lose in the first round of the playoffs with your goonies.
Or take a 3-0 lead and we all know what happen the last time they did

Old
02-10-2011, 01:07 AM
sheed36

Quote:

chara-Mcquaid

Seriously even though you're not really trolling why are you even here? Please go back to your own board and discuss your team full of knuckle draggers over there instead of here..

Last edited by sheed36: 02-10-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old
02-10-2011, 01:07 AM
LyleOdelein

Quote:

I remember a game in the mid 90's (96-97 maybe?) when the Legion of Doom lit up both Theodore and Vokoun in a 9-5 game. Leclair had 4 goals. Ugh.

Old
02-10-2011, 01:09 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:

chara-Mcquaid

If you recall McGratton we'll just claim him off waiver and then he can TKO LuChicken

Closed Thread