HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zach Bogosian?

Old
02-09-2011, 09:02 PM
ThorNton Apologist
Jumbo needs a cup

vCash: 500
Zach Bogosian?

According to Bob McKenzie Zach Bogosian may be on the trading block after being a healthy scratch and Atlantas supposed "surplus" of talented Dmen
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...id=53&id=96815

Just wanted to hear fellow sharks fans opinions of the very low likely chance that we would make a pitch for the young Dman. His cap hit is 3.3 this year so obviously salary would have to go the other way. And he would cost more than most other possible Dmen we could pursue. Just wanted your guys opinion on if he is worth moving the assets for to get him. He is young which is a plus and hes an RFA after this year so if the trade is not worth it we could always offer sheet in the offseason. What would Atlanta want from us? And would it be worth it? Just starting some discussion about the Dman we will need and the trade deadline coming up.

ThorNton Apologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:05 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Seto + Joslin + 1st for Bogosian + 5th

maybe more if we have any guys that might need a "change of scenery."

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:05 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

not gonna happen. Regardless of the problems they're having, I highly doubt Atlanta entertains trading him unless some team blows their minds with a ridiculously over-the-top offer.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
Sometimes I use Twitter: @Nemesis_HF
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Jesus Toews*

Atlanta has no motivation to trade him although IMO he's been woefully mistreated this season.

Jesus Toews* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:23 PM
ThorNton Apologist
Jumbo needs a cup

He may need a change of scenery. Obviously if they moved him it would have to be a legit package. The already mentioned Seto+Joslin + 1st seems fair IMO Maybe add in McGinn
I do think Bogosian has a stud top 2 dman potential. The future of our blueline with others( Demers, Doherty, Petrecki, Braun) when Boyle passes his prime

Old
02-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Jesus Toews*

If you're building for the future, you don't trade Seto.

Jesus Toews* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:31 PM
ThorNton Apologist
Jumbo needs a cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstyles View Post
True and i love the 3 scoring lines we have. Maybe the best we have had.
But Bogosian could be a huge piece for us. Only negative is i think Seto would have to be dealt. (plus more) He may be to expensive for our tastes but i prefer him way more than Goligoski

Old
02-09-2011, 09:33 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firegarrett View Post
He may need a change of scenery. Obviously if they moved him it would have to be a legit package. The already mentioned Seto+Joslin + 1st seems fair IMO Maybe add in McGinn
I do think Bogosian has a stud top 2 dman potential. The future of our blueline with others( Demers, Doherty, Petrecki, Braun) when Boyle passes his prime
great point with McGinn. he could use a change of scenery, and i think DW wouldnt mind trading him.

Seto + Joslin + McGinn + 1st for Bogosian + Career AHLer + 5th

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:36 PM
5H4RK5

I would rather go with Bogo than Gogo.

5H4RK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:45 PM
ThorNton Apologist
Jumbo needs a cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
great point with McGinn. he could use a change of scenery, and i think DW wouldnt mind trading him.

Seto + Joslin + McGinn + 1st for Bogosian + Career AHLer + 5th
Im not quite sure McGinn's trade value but that may be SLIGHT overpayment. Joslins value is low but maybe they dont know how bad he really is

I would do Seto+McGinn+2nd for Bogosian straight up. But i know most Sharks fans would be opposed to trading Seto.. And i kinda doubt Atlanta takes that deal anyway. Although i think its SOMEWHAT close in value IF Bogo is really in the doghouse. (hence the healthy scratch)

Old
02-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Kitten Mittons

Yeah, you're not getting Bogo for Seto+Joslin+1st.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:07 PM
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
Yeah, you're not getting Bogo for Seto+Joslin+1st.
Probably not, but Seto + Joslin + McGinn + Petrecki + 1st (+ capdump, of course) for Bogo might get the deal done, and I don't think that's an overpayment in the slightest when you're talking about Bogo of all people.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:08 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstyles View Post
If you're building for the future, you want a defenseman like Bogosian. Even if you wanted to trade Setoguchi, he isn't going to get you Bogosian.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:14 PM
ThorNton Apologist
Jumbo needs a cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Probably not, but Seto + Joslin + McGinn + Petrecki + 1st (+ capdump, of course) for Bogo might get the deal done, and I don't think that's an overpayment in the slightest when you're talking about Bogo of all people.
Take out Petrecki and make huskins the capdump and i think its somewhat fair in value. I do think that is overpayment. If Bogo is in the doghouse in Atlanta (which i have been hearing for a while) If he is not and all this speculation is not true. Then i think the price would be beyond what we are willing to offer

Old
02-09-2011, 10:22 PM
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel

Quote:
Take out Petrecki and make huskins the capdump and i think its somewhat fair in value. I do think that is overpayment. If Bogo is in the doghouse in Atlanta (which i have been hearing for a while) If he is not and all this speculation is not true. Then i think the price would be beyond what we are willing to offer
It boggles my mind that Petrecki is a dealbreaker in a deal for Bogo.

Bogo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>> Petrecki

If anything ATL balks at the deal I mentioned as not being enough since Joslin and Petrecki are not elite prospects, the 2011 1st is now looking like a low 1st round pick, McGinn's upside is down, and Seto's the only real quantifiable value in the deal going to ATL.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:29 PM
ThorNton Apologist
Jumbo needs a cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
It boggles my mind that Petrecki is a dealbreaker in a deal for Bogo.

Bogo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>> Petrecki

If anything ATL balks at the deal I mentioned as not being enough since Joslin and Petrecki are not elite prospects, the 2011 1st is now looking like a low 1st round pick, McGinn's upside is down, and Seto's the only real quantifiable value in the deal going to ATL.
I really like the type of player Petrecki can develop into. I know he may not reach his potential but i am VERY suprised he was picked as low as he was. Bogo is a legit Dman and still has lots of potential no doubt but i think Seto could really help them. I think Seto+McGinn+Joslin+1st would definatly get them to listen. It is really too bad Atlanta wouldnt be intrested in a Goalie prospect as we have an abundance of them.

Old
02-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Hab Shark
Better call Saul

I don't buy MacKenzie at all on this one. There's no way they're going to give up on a potential elite D, first round pick this early. I just saw this guy in person at Phillips Arena against the Caps a few weeks ago and he was their best D on that night.

Enstrom is injured right now and this guy is part of their Core. He's just getting some Big Bernie time, probably for eatin too much fast food lately.

Hab Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Herschel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab Shark View Post
I don't buy MacKenzie at all on this one. There's no way they're going to give up on a potential elite D, first round pick this early. I just saw this guy in person at Phillips Arena against the Caps a few weeks ago and he was their best D on that night.

Enstrom is injured right now and this guy is part of their Core. He's just getting some Big Bernie time, probably for eatin too much fast food lately.
The reason he might be on the block is that he is an RFA. Atlanta isn't a cap spending team and they are already looking at a raise to Byfuglien. They can't sign both of them and improve up front.

I player like Seto might be what they are looking for, should be able to sign him for less than Bogosian makes now (3.375O)

Herschel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 11:06 PM
SJeasy

They gave up Eager because they were overstocked on forwards. Seto would slot in as their 8th or 9th forward. Over the summer, the Sharks helped them by taking two expiring contracts. They have 47 contracts now; it can't be an extreme quantity for quality trade. They are also near the cap floor. And Bogo's deal is an ELS, $875k base, $2.5mil bonuses. The Sharks would not need as much cap space to acquire him.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 11:11 PM
SactoShark
💤

vCash: 3000
Quote:

Agreed... Dreger and him just driving some traffic to their site.

SactoShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 11:32 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:

mcKenzie/Dreger never said they were trading him. they said that the thrashers were at least going to listen to offers. But the same is true of anyone on their roster (including players like Evander Kane or Byfuglien). It doesn't mean that they're going to take anything less than ridiculous overpayment though.

and really, the deals being proposed here are ridiculous underpayment for a 20 year old d-man who was picked in the top 3 of his draft and still has plenty of time to develop.

The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 11:45 PM
rangerssharks414

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
mcKenzie/Dreger never said they were trading him. they said that the thrashers were at least going to listen to offers. But the same is true of anyone on their roster (including players like Evander Kane or Byfuglien). It doesn't mean that they're going to take anything less than ridiculous overpayment though.

and really, the deals being proposed here are ridiculous underpayment for a 20 year old d-man who was picked in the top 3 of his draft and still has plenty of time to develop.
Exactly. He's not on technically on the trading block, but if they get an offer that they really like, they're willing to trade him. I bet they hold on to him though.

And I still think Bogo can be really good.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 12:00 AM
SactoShark
💤

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerssharks414 View Post
Exactly. He's not on technically on the trading block, but if they get an offer that they really like, they're willing to trade him. I bet they hold on to him though.

And I still think Bogo can be really good.
I think that's what the "wtf hell no" people like myself are saying. Every GM is listening to every offer, so why publish something of such provocation? It's just media attention grabbing. We could play the same game with every valuable player on the Sharks and the result would be the same.

SactoShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 12:23 AM
ThorNton Apologist
Jumbo needs a cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
I think that's what the "wtf hell no" people like myself are saying. Every GM is listening to every offer, so why publish something of such provocation? It's just media attention grabbing. We could play the same game with every valuable player on the Sharks and the result would be the same.
True but why the healthy scratch?

Old
02-10-2011, 12:27 AM
rangerssharks414

Quote:
True but why the healthy scratch?
No idea. Might as well send him to the AHL like the Rangers did with Del Zotto if they're not going to play him.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote