HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

holmgren draft 2004

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2004, 10:19 AM
neg marron

vCash: 500
holmgren draft 2004

on www.philadelphiaflyers.com
holmgren discusses the picks verty great analysis

regarding john carter he says he 's a steal and will attend u of main

however considering the fact that john carter and martin st. louis are good friends and st.louis is traveling next week to do some strength conditioning and power skating in brewster with carter there still is a good chance that among carter's choices of maine ,bu bc, and vermont ..st.louis may persuade carter to go to his alma matta either way he'll get a good education along with a great hockey program

Last edited by neg marron: 06-30-2004 at 10:22 AM.
Old
06-30-2004, 10:36 AM
stanley

Well, if he turns out half as good as the other "last pick of the draft" the Flyers have (although didn't select themselves) in Kim Johnsson, I think a lot of people will be happy.

I am at a bit of a loss to understand all of the John Carter threads, though. His chances of making the NHL are slim at best.

Old
06-30-2004, 11:10 AM
fan mao rong

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
Well, if he turns out half as good as the other "last pick of the draft" the Flyers have (although didn't select themselves) in Kim Johnsson, I think a lot of people will be happy.

I am at a bit of a loss to understand all of the John Carter threads, though. His chances of making the NHL are slim at best.
According to what? Some bean counter analysis of where someone was drafted back through the sands of history. That's about as valid as some pro football analyst going over the entire history of say Eagles-Giants over their entire history. They must, if they promote that, believe that the results of a game in 1947 has bearing on the game they're announcing. I would say most on here know of these prospects only by reading and various printed sources. Same here, for the most part, but my assessment of the various blurbs on the draftees this year indicates that by written analysis Carter would compare well with draftees as high as the 2nd round maybe. I think the low draft position would be based upon the lack of good competition the last 2 years which might mean more of a long term development project. I think Carter's talent is up there high, and a big center with talent can get to the top level. I say but for level of competition and experience Jo. Carter is very similar to Je. Carter. I say, with a certain talent level and of course good luck, it is up to the prospect if they make the highest levels.

Old
06-30-2004, 11:24 AM
HFNHL Commish

Send a message via AIM to HFNHL Commish
I don't care how you qualify your statement...John Carter has no business being mentioned in the same paragraph as Jeff Carter.

Old
06-30-2004, 11:45 AM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFNHL Commish
I don't care how you qualify your statement...John Carter has no business being mentioned in the same paragraph as Jeff Carter.
John Carter and Jeff Carter are members of the Flyers organization
there i said it.

Old
06-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Yertle The Turtle

Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
John Carter, Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, and Patrick Sharp will be a very good group of centers one day.

I said it too

Old
06-30-2004, 12:02 PM
iceman42

John Carter isnt he on ER?

Old
06-30-2004, 12:57 PM
HFNHL Commish

Send a message via AIM to HFNHL Commish
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman42

John Carter isnt he on ER?
I think he's the only doctor left.

Old
06-30-2004, 01:10 PM
iceman42

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFNHL Commish
I think he's the only doctor left.
What did they do, kill off half and make the other half mentally unstable?

Closed Thread