HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bottom-pairing defenseman to Chicago

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2011, 02:18 PM
  #26
Rush22*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukYou View Post
He also says they been working on a deal since Nov. Maybe talks arent going too well and this is a media push to get brent to sign sooner than later?
I would assume that Bowman wants to extend his deal now while Seabrook's value is as low as it could be. I think Brent's camp wants to wait till after the season when there is the possibility that they can present and offer sheet as a bargaining chip or hope Brent plays great down the stretch and increase his value.

Rush22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 02:19 PM
  #27
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 25,718
vCash: 500
if you say I want to trade him, the value won't be as high as it is with saying this.


My Hope

3yrs 4.5 per

do it before the TD

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 02:24 PM
  #28
leoleo3535
Registered User
 
leoleo3535's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hockey rinks
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukYou View Post
He also says they been working on a deal since Nov. Maybe talks arent going too well and this is a media push to get brent to sign sooner than later?
The main reason the media has run with this is the numerous public viewings of Stan and Gerry J. holding hands in public over the last few days.

leoleo3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 02:50 PM
  #29
PukYou
Registered User
 
PukYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoleo3535 View Post
The main reason the media has run with this is the numerous public viewings of Stan and Gerry J. holding hands in public over the last few days.
Yea I figured as well esp with the trade deadline approaching a lot of writers want to be the first to break out a trade rumor.

PukYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:08 PM
  #30
ChiHawk21
Registered User
 
ChiHawk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,261
vCash: 500
Watching this Bruins v Wings game makes me want Mark Stuart right now....hes exactly what the hawks need, very physical and plays a good defensive style. Please Stan

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 08:42 AM
  #31
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
If Seabrook signs an offer sheet; I don't want him to be part of this organization anymore. Bowman needs to be smart and get him signed or trade him before RFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
Watching this Bruins v Wings game makes me want Mark Stuart right now....hes exactly what the hawks need, very physical and plays a good defensive style. Please Stan
Tell me about it; I can't believe he was getting scratched by Julien. We need to scoop him up while we can get him at a discount. I'd go as high as one of our 2nds; possibly throwing in a 5th as well. He would make this team as complete as it could possibly be within the confines of the cap.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:28 PM
  #32
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 11,207
vCash: 500
I would drool if we got Stuart because this kid is everything we desperately need. I posted awhile back that we needed to sign him next year, but this could be even better.

Food for thought:

I find it interesting that Boston is also shopping Blake Wheeler as well. I am not saying the Hawks will land both Stuart and Wheeler, but Boston knows it needs a center and a top dman, and if they can package both Stuart and Wheeler to the Hawks, they would then get a package of prospects and picks back that would be more enticing to package with that Toronto's 1st they have on the market.

Again I am not saying it will happen, but we do have a lot of young assets and picks that we could trade Boston in order for them to land what they are looking for.

As for Wheeler, he has been very inconsistent as well, and he commands $$ as well, but I would get him in a heartbeat if it meant dealing away Kopecky or Stalberg...

just keep an eye out for this because Boston is going to make some serious noise soon..

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:29 PM
  #33
pmxc12873
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
You'd want Wheeler when you complain about Kopecky? Wheeler is horribly overrated.

As far as Kopecky....lets see. He's the best Hawks forward in front of the net on the PP - which is near tops in the league.

He's seen his minutes go up this year, and he's on pace for - 14g - 32a - 46pts (1.2mil)....
Some of the castoffs from last year and what they did in 09-10 -
Versteeg - 20g - 24a - 44pts (3mil)
Ladd - 17g - 21a - 38pts - (1.5mil)
Byfuglien - 17g - 17a - 34pts (3mil)

I think Kopecky's done rather nicely.

pmxc12873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 04:35 PM
  #34
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs
 
BBSeabs27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 2,313
vCash: 500
What is Boston looking for? A defenseman? A forward? Goaltender?

I have no idea what the situation is with them.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 04:46 PM
  #35
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmxc12873 View Post
You'd want Wheeler when you complain about Kopecky? Wheeler is horribly overrated.

As far as Kopecky....lets see. He's the best Hawks forward in front of the net on the PP - which is near tops in the league.

He's seen his minutes go up this year, and he's on pace for - 14g - 32a - 46pts (1.2mil)....
Some of the castoffs from last year and what they did in 09-10 -
Versteeg - 20g - 24a - 44pts (3mil)
Ladd - 17g - 21a - 38pts - (1.5mil)
Byfuglien - 17g - 17a - 34pts (3mil)

I think Kopecky's done rather nicely.
This isn't a serious post is it?

Congrats, Kopecky is good at having pucks bounce off him onto someone's stick and getting an assist for it. I would much rather have Versteeg, Ladd or Buff then Kopecky. Kopecky can hardly skate, has almost no hockey sense and actually ruins more offensive oppurtunities then he creates AND he's in an offensive role?

The dude sucks, and I for one will be extremely happy when he leaves July 1. Or even better, ship him out at the deadline while his stock is as high as it will ever be. I'm sure a team like Montreal or Boston or Pittsburgh wouldn't mind having that "secondary scoring" threat who also has a couple cup rings.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 05:23 PM
  #36
Pez68
Fire Quenneville
 
Pez68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
This isn't a serious post is it?

Congrats, Kopecky is good at having pucks bounce off him onto someone's stick and getting an assist for it. I would much rather have Versteeg, Ladd or Buff then Kopecky. Kopecky can hardly skate, has almost no hockey sense and actually ruins more offensive oppurtunities then he creates AND he's in an offensive role?

The dude sucks, and I for one will be extremely happy when he leaves July 1. Or even better, ship him out at the deadline while his stock is as high as it will ever be. I'm sure a team like Montreal or Boston or Pittsburgh wouldn't mind having that "secondary scoring" threat who also has a couple cup rings.
He has had some big games, but he has also gone through stretches of TOTAL AND COMPLETE SUCK. Like his 4 points in 20 games stretch earlier in the season. He also has 1 point in the last 8 games the Hawks have played. Kopecky is not a top six forward. Not even close. Only a dominant Hossa can make him look like he belongs there.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 05:27 PM
  #37
theaub
34-38-61-10-13-15
 
theaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Markham, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,067
vCash: 500
I like Kopecky in front of the net on the PP. Yeah he misses a bunch of chances from close range, but no one else on the team actually gets in front of the net.

Even strength...yikes. 3rd line please.

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 07:53 PM
  #38
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,830
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
This isn't a serious post is it?

Congrats, Kopecky is good at having pucks bounce off him onto someone's stick and getting an assist for it. I would much rather have Versteeg, Ladd or Buff then Kopecky. Kopecky can hardly skate, has almost no hockey sense and actually ruins more offensive oppurtunities then he creates AND he's in an offensive role?

The dude sucks, and I for one will be extremely happy when he leaves July 1. Or even better, ship him out at the deadline while his stock is as high as it will ever be. I'm sure a team like Montreal or Boston or Pittsburgh wouldn't mind having that "secondary scoring" threat who also has a couple cup rings.
Kopecky can play any role needed of him. He can contribute to an energy line almost as effectively as he can a first scoring line. For 1.2 million he's an amazing utility guy and you don't luck into the 40-50 point range.

If you want to rag on somebody bringing down a scoring line, start with your boy Hossa lately.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 08:53 PM
  #39
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Kopecky can play any role needed of him. He can contribute to an energy line almost as effectively as he can a first scoring line. For 1.2 million he's an amazing utility guy and you don't luck into the 40-50 point range.

If you want to rag on somebody bringing down a scoring line, start with your boy Hossa lately.
How can he play any role given to him? He plays with very little energy, and he doesn't hit or win board battles so he can't play in your bottom 6. He doesn't score enough, and destroy's offensive oppurtunties for his linemates so he can't play in the top 6.

Kopecky very much has lucked into his 32 points. Most players in this league can score when they're on the #1 unit for most of the season, or they play with Hossa/Sharp or Toews/Hossa for most of the season.

Guys like Ladd, Versteeg put up points while getting little or no PP time while also playing 3rd line minutes. Those are guys that put up points because of their skill/talent. Kopecky puts up points because of the skill/talent around him - they score in spite of Kopecky, not because of him.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 08:59 PM
  #40
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,830
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
How can he play any role given to him? He plays with very little energy, and he doesn't hit or win board battles so he can't play in your bottom 6. He doesn't score enough, and destroy's offensive oppurtunties for his linemates so he can't play in the top 6.

Kopecky very much has lucked into his 32 points. Most players in this league can score when they're on the #1 unit for most of the season, or they play with Hossa/Sharp or Toews/Hossa for most of the season.

Guys like Ladd, Versteeg put up points while getting little or no PP time while also playing 3rd line minutes. Those are guys that put up points because of their skill/talent. Kopecky puts up points because of the skill/talent around him - they score in spite of Kopecky, not because of him.
He plays with much more energy then you are willing to admit, he does hit a bit and he does cycle well along the boards. He also creates for his linemates, and has a fair bit more raw talent then you are making him out to have.

He's a decent bottom six player that can play in the top six as a third wheel. Not everybody is capable of that. See Stalberg, Viktor.

Ladd and Versteeg are more talented hockey players then Kopecky. Nobody said otherwise. That's why they both will make north of three million next season.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:12 PM
  #41
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 119,579
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
How can he play any role given to him? He plays with very little energy, and he doesn't hit or win board battles so he can't play in your bottom 6. He doesn't score enough, and destroy's offensive oppurtunties for his linemates so he can't play in the top 6.
Kopecky very much has lucked into his 32 points. Most players in this league can score when they're on the #1 unit for most of the season, or they play with Hossa/Sharp or Toews/Hossa for most of the season.

Guys like Ladd, Versteeg put up points while getting little or no PP time while also playing 3rd line minutes. Those are guys that put up points because of their skill/talent. Kopecky puts up points because of the skill/talent around him - they score in spite of Kopecky, not because of him.
Kopecky is all energy ,,, He makes up for his lack of talent with his hard work so I dont know what you are talking about

And to claim he doesn't win board battles is absurd ,, He is one of the few Hawks that goes into corners and fights for puck consistantly

As for his pts being luck ,, Your boy Stalberg did jack### when he played top 6 and PP time at times this year. So what you have to say about that?

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:37 PM
  #42
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Kopecky is all energy ,,, He makes up for his lack of talent with his hard work so I dont know what you are talking about

And to claim he doesn't win board battles is absurd ,, He is one of the few Hawks that goes into corners and fights for puck consistantly

As for his pts being luck ,, Your boy Stalberg did jack### when he played top 6 and PP time at times this year. So what you have to say about that?
You can't make up for that lack of talent because he has none, your making up for something that's non exsistent. I don't give a **** if he trys his hardest, his hardest still sucks.

I didn't say he doesn't go into the corners, but he doesn't win the battles. That's the point. Of course he goes into the corners but he hardly if ever comes out with the puck.

How is Stalberg my 'boy'? I'm not a Stalberg fan, never have been since the trade. He's exactly like Skille, all speed no execution. With that being said I would still take Stalberg over Kopecky because at least Stalberg does have an outstanding quaility - his speed. What does Kopecky have? A knack for missing open nets? How about taking penalities in the offensive zone? Oh, then there's his ability to get easily knocked off the puck and pushed to the ground.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:55 PM
  #43
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 119,579
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
You can't make up for that lack of talent because he has none, your making up for something that's non exsistent. I don't give a **** if he trys his hardest, his hardest still sucks.

I didn't say he doesn't go into the corners, but he doesn't win the battles. That's the point. Of course he goes into the corners but he hardly if ever comes out with the puck.

How is Stalberg my 'boy'? I'm not a Stalberg fan, never have been since the trade. He's exactly like Skille, all speed no execution. With that being said I would still take Stalberg over Kopecky because at least Stalberg does have an outstanding quaility - his speed. What does Kopecky have? A knack for missing open nets? How about taking penalities in the offensive zone? Oh, then there's his ability to get easily knocked off the puck and pushed to the ground.
Despite Kopecky's lack of high end talent

Kopecky's hockey talent and hockey IQ >>>>>>>>> Stalbergs

And he has won as many board battles as he has lost. Several of his assists this year happened as a result of winning a battle behind net and throwing it to teammate in front of net

Stalberg's speed has very rarely been seen and he sure as hell is more worthless then Kopecky on his worst days

Kopecky has a knack for going to front of net , winning board battles (Much better then you claim he does) Kopecky's penalties are not that high nor for most part that bad

Stalberg can barely do anything with puck so I dont see what on earth you are complaining about Kopecky's puck control for. And Kopecky is better then Brouwer with puck

And when you factor in Kopecky's D which is miles better then either Brouwer or Stalberg's he is a nice player to have

At 1.2 mil a player who is good bottom 6 and can fill in roles in top 6 (Although not as much as he has been used) is a nice thing to have

Kopecky hate makes no sense


Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 02-14-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 01:20 AM
  #44
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,830
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Seriously. Kopecky is capable of making a nifty pass or two, hitting a tight wrister every now and then, cycling consistently, and is willing to take abuse in front of the cage. I've been defending him for a year and a half.

He's a great asset to whatever team has him. He can plug in on damn near any line, with any role, and be adequate.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 07:30 AM
  #45
slappipappi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush22 View Post
I would assume that Bowman wants to extend his deal now while Seabrook's value is as low as it could be. I think Brent's camp wants to wait till after the season when there is the possibility that they can present and offer sheet as a bargaining chip or hope Brent plays great down the stretch and increase his value.
If Seabrook signs an offer sheet, he takes a huge risk he ends up with, say, Edmonton.

That's quite the risk.

Player who are only concerned about money do such a thing. There is no room in a cap world on great teams for such a player.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 08:46 AM
  #46
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 25,718
vCash: 500
Detroit would have enough Room for him... and they don't need the 1st in 2012...

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 06:51 PM
  #47
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Seriously. Kopecky is capable of making a nifty pass or two, hitting a tight wrister every now and then, cycling consistently, and is willing to take abuse in front of the cage. I've been defending him for a year and a half.

He's a great asset to whatever team has him. He can plug in on damn near any line, with any role, and be adequate.
I don't give a **** about the 1 time every 5-6 games where he makes a decent play, I care about the 20+ times in between where he royally screws up an oppurtunity for a linemate because he doesn't see him in the open ice, or because he has a 3-on-2 and elects to shoot the puck into the goalies chest.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 08:03 PM
  #48
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,830
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I don't give a **** about the 1 time every 5-6 games where he makes a decent play, I care about the 20+ times in between where he royally screws up an oppurtunity for a linemate because he doesn't see him in the open ice, or because he has a 3-on-2 and elects to shoot the puck into the goalies chest.
And yet you have a hard on for Stalberg? Kopecky is not a good, long term option for a scoring line. He is a decent role player that can play as a third wheel on a scoring line.

And your quote about messing up odd-man rushes and shooting straight into the goalies chest? I could've sworn you were talking about Hossa.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:03 AM
  #49
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
And yet you have a hard on for Stalberg? Kopecky is not a good, long term option for a scoring line. He is a decent role player that can play as a third wheel on a scoring line.

And your quote about messing up odd-man rushes and shooting straight into the goalies chest? I could've sworn you were talking about Hossa.
When have I ever said I liked Stalberg? I said I'd rather keep him over Kopecky because he has a noticable asset. I'm fine with getting rid of Stalberg and have said numerous times that I don't think he be re-signed and that Makarov should have made the team over him.

Hossa hasn't been playing great, I'm not going to defend that. But Hossa has the background and the talent to get himself out of it. Kopecky will always suck, Hossa can and more then likely will start scoring like Hossa again.

I'm not going to defend Hossa because of my username, we need him to score, period. I understand that. The Kopecky hate is probably not completely warranted and to be honest I am far more pissed off at Q for playing him there so god damn long, but in the heat of the game when he screws a play up I'm not thinking "Damn Q, why'd you have to put Kopecky there?!". No, I'm saying "Awww come on Kopecky, wtf was that!"

Just the way it goes.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:14 AM
  #50
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,830
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Kopecky is three times the player Stalberg is. Having one useful asset doesn't mean jack if you can't utilize it properly.

Kopecky gets the most out of his average NHL talent.

I know what you mean about players being put in situations to fail. At the beginning of the season I hated Pisani playing in the top six. That said, Kopecky hasn't been awful in a scoring role. He likely scores ~50 points. That's really pretty decent for a second line player.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.