HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bottom-pairing defenseman to Chicago

Old
02-17-2011, 12:31 PM
mikelvl

vCash: 500
Sounds like you guys will be getting Stuart, perhaps today.

http://www.csnne.com/02/17/11/Bruins...90&feedID=3352

Gonna miss this guy, strong as an ox, hits, fights, great teammate, an ideal no.5 dman.

mikelvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 12:49 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
Sounds like you guys will be getting Stuart, perhaps today.

http://www.csnne.com/02/17/11/Bruins...90&feedID=3352

Gonna miss this guy, strong as an ox, hits, fights, great teammate, an ideal no.5 dman.
Sounds good.

How much do you think the B's will get? I know he's worth at least a 2nd, but with the cap do you think Chicago could squeeze the B's a bit and get him for a 3rd?

Hope so!

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 12:57 PM
mikelvl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Sounds good.

How much do you think the B's will get? I know he's worth at least a 2nd, but with the cap do you think Chicago could squeeze the B's a bit and get him for a 3rd?

Hope so!
I'd be happy to get a 2nd, wouldn't be surprised to get a 3rd.

mikelvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 12:59 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Sounds good.

Hope so!
it will no doubt be one of our 2nd round picks, hopefully ours as it will be the later of the picks since we will be winning the Stanley Cup now!!!!!! Wooooooooooo!

In all seriousness, this is a great trade if it happens. I think Stuart has a bit more upside then mentioned, nothing crazy, but he can be a #3 dman on this team I have no doubts (though our depth with Keith, Seabs, and Campbell will make that difficult). If the Hawks have to move Hammer next year, then here is his replacement folks. Not saying Stuart will ever truly be considered in our top 3, I just think he has the ability to be a 3b type player like a Hjalmarsson.

Kid is a beast, plays absolutely rugged, the fans will love this guy because we dont have much like him.

His offense is limited, but he isnt a slouch, and would look like Paul Coffey in comparison to Cullimore, Boynton, and even Hendry at times.

I am stoked if this deal happens, now go dump Frolik and Stalberg to the Thrashers for Peverly (2nd line center), and lets call it a day baby!

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 01:04 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
it will no doubt be one of our 2nd round picks, hopefully ours as it will be the later of the picks since we will be winning the Stanley Cup now!!!!!! Wooooooooooo!

In all seriousness, this is a great trade if it happens. I think Stuart has a bit more upside then mentioned, nothing crazy, but he can be a #3 dman on this team I have no doubts. If the Hawks have to move Hammer next year, then here is his replacement folks.

Kid is a beast, plays absolutely rugged, the fans will love this guy because we dont have much like him.

His offense is limited, but he isnt a slouch, and would look like Paul Coffey in comparison to Cullimore, Boynton, and even Hendry at times.

I am stoked if this deal happens, now go dump Frolik and Stalberg to the Thrashers for Peverly (2nd line center), and lets call it a day baby!
Agree with everything but the final part...

Peverly? I just can't see him fitting in the with Hawks style of play. He's horrible defensively and I don't really know if he's that much of an upgrade over Bolland. He had a great season last year, but Bolland's had a good season aswell in 09-10.

I'd like to retain Frolik unless it's absolutely impossible or someone offers something great for him. He's got a pretty good ceiling in terms of potential and he's still quite young.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 01:08 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
This would be outstanding. There's not a better guy out there to fill the role we need than Stuart. Frolik and Stuart for Skille and pick makes this team a Cup contender. Stuart>Sopel. Our D really needs some help and this guy is capable of playing a lot of minutes.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 01:09 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Agree with everything but the final part...

Peverly? I just can't see him fitting in the with Hawks style of play. He's horrible defensively and I don't really know if he's that much of an upgrade over Bolland. He had a great season last year, but Bolland's had a good season aswell in 09-10.

I'd like to retain Frolik unless it's absolutely impossible or someone offers something great for him. He's got a pretty good ceiling in terms of potential and he's still quite young.
I know what you are saying, but I am not going after Peverley to be a Bolland type of player. We need a #2 pivot that can create some offense, and Frolik clearly isnt that guy.

Now Peverley isnt an all-star either, but he is having a down year stat wise, but I would imagine would look 100% better playing with Hossa and Sharp on his wings. We need a more offensive minded #2 center, we already have Bolland to be that shutdown guy. If this team is to truly compete, they need to go out and land a Rich Peverley type player. A guy that has offense (yes he has faults as well), wont cost an arm and a leg to get, and has a reasonable salary. That is my hope as I just dont think Frolik will amount to much here.

Old
02-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Rush22*

I made a thread on Boston's forum asking for a scouting report on Stuart. Mark Stuart sounds like exactly what we need... he seems like Brent Sopel but faster (not that Stuart is fast) and more physical.

Stuart is only 26 years old as well, would be nice to get him on a cap friendly deal and retain him for next season if we do in fact trade for him.

He would be well worth a 2nd round pick if we can resign him... also I would not mind trading Hammer in the off season if we had Stuart and then bring in Lalonde next year.

We all kept talking about getting a Montador type player in the off season, to me Stuart is a younger fix for a need.

Rush22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Rush22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I know what you are saying, but I am not going after Peverly to be a Bolland type of player. We need a #2 pivot that can create some offense, and Frolik clearly isnt that guy.

Now Peverly isnt an all-star either, but he is having a down year stat wise, but I would imagine would look 100% better playing with Hossa and Sharp on his wings. We need a more offensive minded #2 center, we already have Bolland to be that shutdown guy. If this team is to truly compete, they need to go out and land a Rich Peverly type player. A guy that has offense (yes he has faults as well), wont cost an arm and a leg to get, and has a reasonable salary. That is my hope as I just dont think Frolik will amount to much here.
Can we please give Frolik a little bit of time to adjust to our system and his new linemates.

He looked good with Hossa last night, those two would turn to be a good paring for the second scoring unit.

Rush22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 01:15 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush22 View Post
I made a thread on Boston's forum asking for a scouting report on Stuart. Mark Stuart sounds like exactly what we need... he seems like Brent Sopel but faster (not that Stuart is fast) and more physical.

Stuart is only 26 years old as well, would be nice to get him on a cap friendly deal and retain him for next season if we do in fact trade for him.

He would be well worth a 2nd round pick if we can resign him... also I would not mind trading Hammer in the off season if we had Stuart and then bring in Lalonde next year.

We all kept talking about getting a Montador type player in the off season, to me Stuart is a younger fix for a need.
yes it could be a great addition, but lets hope for long term as I believe he is a UFA after this season. The Hawks will have to tender him a contract and I imagine it would be in the $1.5-2.0 plus range....I mean look at what Sopel was making for God's sake.

Lets hope we land this dude and then sign him as he will need to be kept if we are to truly move Hammer. Too much salary on the backend with Keith, Seabs (resigned ofcourse), and Campbell...Hammer would be the odd man out imo.

Old
02-17-2011, 01:59 PM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
If true I will be a very happy hawks fan... What I like more is were obviously not going to lose a roster player cause Boston doesnt want a contract back...

ReLyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLyT View Post
If true I will be a very happy hawks fan... What I like more is were obviously not going to lose a roster player cause Boston doesnt want a contract back...
To fit his cap hit we will need to cut loose Boynton and Scott

And from sounds of things we are not close to deal (Or maybe Hawks are talking to Stuart about contract extension as Custance sorta implies it could be that)

CraigCustance Craig Custance
Told there's no deal right now between Blackhawks and Mark Stuart. Didn't even sound close.

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 02:37 PM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
To fit his cap hit we will need to cut loose Boynton and Scott

And from sounds of things we are not close to deal (Or maybe Hawks are talking to Stuart about contract extension as Custance sorta implies it could be that)

CraigCustance Craig Custance
Told there's no deal right now between Blackhawks and Mark Stuart. Didn't even sound close.
Like I said no roster players

ReLyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLyT View Post
Like I said no roster players
Just wanted clarification on that

Old
02-17-2011, 02:57 PM
ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Mark Stuart is a heart and soul guy and if the Bruins do trade him,I'm glad its not in their conference,because I wouldn't like seeing him ****** a Bruin beside the head when needed.
If your looking for a comparable player,think the long time Devil ken Daneyko.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 03:01 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orriginal Six View Post
Mark Stuart is a heart and soul guy and if the Bruins do trade him,I'm glad its not in their conference,because I wouldn't like seeing him ****** a Bruin beside the head when needed.
If your looking for a comparable player,think the long time Devil ken Daneyko.
Kenny Daneyko was a good defensive D-man and a physical force. If Stuart is half the player and leader Daneyko was, he could make us look like a totally different team for the better.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

I just hope something gets done sooner rather then later

Really want a defensive upgrade

Old
02-17-2011, 03:28 PM
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I just hope something gets done sooner rather then later
Really want a defensive upgrade
I'd guess to expect it to go down within the next 24/36 hours. From the Dregger report and McKenzie tweet today, this trade with Stuart is for cap purposes only so that the Bruins can clear cap and flip Wheeler to TO for Kaberle. Both Dregger and McKenzie expect the BOS-TOR move to happen tomorrow, seeing that this deal is being done for the Kaberle trade, it will happen very soon.

As far as Stuart goes, you guys are getting a class act as a person, a great teammate, and a tough/rugged defensemen on the ice. Stuart is a physical d-men, blocks shots, good pker, and although he doesn't do it on great deal, can really throw 'em when he fights. If you ask most Bruins fans (see the thread on our board started by Rush22), most of us don't want to see him moved and have nothing negative to say about him. He got hurt in Boston and McQuaid/Kampfer emerged and he was on the odd man out. Him being traded has nothing to do with a lack of skill(for his role) and you are getting a young, solid bottom pairing defensemen. Cheers folks.

James

beantown bullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Stuart is pretty much the guy we have needed all season

Old
02-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

please get this done... would love this

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Cullksinikers

I would love this, too. Would you take Smid over him?

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

If we add Smid... Seabrook is gone in the OffSeason

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 04:08 PM
BREWINZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown bullies View Post
As far as Stuart goes, you guys are getting a class act as a person, a great teammate, and a tough/rugged defensemen on the ice. Stuart is a physical d-men, blocks shots, good pker, and although he doesn't do it on great deal, can really throw 'em when he fights. If you ask most Bruins fans (see the thread on our board started by Rush22), most of us don't want to see him moved and have nothing negative to say about him. He got hurt in Boston and McQuaid/Kampfer emerged and he was on the odd man out. Him being traded has nothing to do with a lack of skill(for his role) and you are getting a young, solid bottom pairing defensemen. Cheers folks.
Agreed. He just got squeezed out of a job. I would love to keep him. (And get rid of Ference)

I think you guys will be very satisfied if this deal happens. You're getting a very good player for almost nothing.

BREWINZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I would love this, too. Would you take Smid over him?
I would take Smid over Stuart

I think Smid has better upside

But I like both

Old
02-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Reading over at 300

Are we at 50 contract limit? I count 50 on Cap geek

If so we need to dump 1 of Scott/Boynton or a someone signed in system to make any deal possible

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 02-17-2011 at 04:41 PM.