HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Darren Duteschyn's Top 10 Bruins-Habs Moments

Old
02-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Steveshutt

vCash: 500
Darren Duteschyn's Top 10 Bruins-Habs Moments

Just watched it and it was about 80% Boston getting the better of the Habs. One Habs goal (the Lafleur one obviously) made it in, the rest was Ribiero looking like a wimp, Kovalev looking like a wimp, Komisarek looking for a wimp.

Seriously - is it possible to get a broadcast in this bloody country that isn't anti-Habs. It's Canada for crying out loud!

Steveshutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:34 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Just gotta bare with it. Everyone is simply mad that every other franchise combined doesn't have the history the Habs do.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Picaroon

Ya i said the same thing last night. Dutchy was just loving the bru's. I am actually done with TSN. Sportsnet is actually way better. No bias, intelligent conversation and they show way more highlights.
Come on guys. It's time to boycott TSN. They are a disgrace to our game.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:45 PM
JayBee*

When you've won as much as the Habs, you will garner a lot of hate from people. A lot of it is jealousy.

Why do I hate the Yankees...cuz they win all the damn time...

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:48 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsonhab View Post
Ya i said the same thing last night. Dutchy was just loving the bru's. I am actually done with TSN. Sportsnet is actually way better. No bias, intelligent conversation and they show way more highlights.
So, so, so wrong I don't even know where to start.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Nick Kypreos completely destroys that notion.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Steveshutt

I can live with the bias. It's the total distortion of facts that drives me crazy. My wife, a non-hockey fan, watched it with me and she said that based on what she saw it seemed like the Bruins had basically owned the Habs over the years.

Also, the fact that Duteschyn referred to the Bruins last night as "we" is something of a conflict of interest isn't it?

Steveshutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
I expected it.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:51 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Our good moments: Winning the Cup
Boston's good moments: Winning fights.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
When you've won as much as the Habs, you will garner a lot of hate from people. A lot of it is jealousy.

Why do I hate the Yankees...cuz they win all the damn time...
Personnally, it's all about the money, not the wins. I hate the Yankees 'cause they are trying to but their championships. So there's nothing more satisfying than to see fail.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Nick Kypreos completely destroys that notion.
He can be a loudmouth for sure. At least he isn't bashing other teams and cracking dumb jokes. He is just an opinionated guy. Obviously that can rub people the wrong way. If you guys wanna watch Dutchy praise the brus and Mcguire's awkward social presence everyday then go ahead. Not to mention Duthy. I mean, there is about 6 idiots on TSN for every sportsnet idiot. Whatever.

edit: oh and Evanka is a friggen minx!!!

Last edited by Picaroon: 02-10-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old
02-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Shadyone33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveshutt View Post
Just watched it and it was about 80% Boston getting the better of the Habs. One Habs goal (the Lafleur one obviously) made it in, the rest was Ribiero looking like a wimp, Kovalev looking like a wimp, Komisarek looking for a wimp.

Seriously - is it possible to get a broadcast in this bloody country that isn't anti-Habs. It's Canada for crying out loud!
I was thinking of saying something but I absolutely had my soul stomped out of me for bringing up TSN making light of the riots once. This top 10 seems to favor the ruins quite a bit. It's like they gave us #1 to make everything alright.

Shadyone33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Nidema

Quote:
He can be a loudmouth for sure. At least he isn't bashing other teams and cracking dumb jokes. He is just an opinionated guy. Obviously that can rub people the wrong way. If you guys wanna watch Dutchy praise the habs and Mcguire's awkward social presence everyday then go ahead. Not to mention Duthy. I mean, there is about 6 idiots on TSN for every sportsnet idiot. Whatever.

edit: oh and Evanka is a friggen minx!!!
Honestly, I try to stay away from commentary or analysts about Montreal as a whole anyway. I'm opinionated enough to formulate my own conclusions that I don't have to listen to McGuire or Dutchy or whoever else try to force feed their opinion down my throat.

You will always see hate when it comes to the Habs. Heck, even RDS has a lot of it.

The only time I watch TSN is when there are telecasts of the game so I don't have to watch it on RDS or stream or when Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger do their insider business.

It's just better for your heart, brain, sanity and whatever else to tune out idiocy.

Old
02-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
Honestly, I try to stay away from commentary or analysts about Montreal as a whole anyway. I'm opinionated enough to formulate my own conclusions that I don't have to listen to McGuire or Dutchy or whoever else try to force feed their opinion down my throat.

You will always see hate when it comes to the Habs. Heck, even RDS has a lot of it.

The only time I watch TSN is when there are telecasts of the game so I don't have to watch it on RDS or stream or when Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger do their insider business.

It's just better for your heart, brain, sanity and whatever else to tune out idiocy.
Spot on. I actually meant to quote the other buddy that seems to think I am so wrong that he doesn't know how to back it up. All I am saying is sportsnet is the most habs friendly network out there. Even more so than RDS lol. And they have hot hosts. Can't go wrong.

Old
02-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

That's why McGuire and Miller were saying the habs are dangerous and to never count them out ? The panel calling Price the 2nd best goalie this year. Yeah, tsn is full of contempt for the habs.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
That's why McGuire and Miller were saying the habs are dangerous and to never count them out ? The panel calling Price the 2nd best goalie this year. Yeah, tsn is full of contempt for the habs.
I think its just Dutchy that pisses me off. Such a bruins homer. And you can just tell he would be a pompous *****. Mcguire is a habs fan no doubt.

Old
02-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
Just gotta bare with it. Everyone is simply mad that every other franchise together doesn't have the history the Habs do.
If you took each franchise individually that would be true, but it would be false is you put the entire history of all franchises together, even if you excluded any overlap with Habs-specific history. Plus, for all O6 teams, there has to be a few segments of their history that overlap our own.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Where did I say TSN is full of contempt for the habs? Dude I didn't say they were bad bad bad. I'm just saying I can formulate my own opinion without having McGuire and Miller tell me that which is why I don't pay attention to them.

I know Price has been amongst the best. i don't need them to tell me that.

You can't deny where there are moments that there are strong anti-habs bias on that station. I have just learned to tune it out, especially over this past season.

Old
02-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む

Quote:
Haha seriously? Was that sarcasm?

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 10:36 PM
WG

I'm kind of meh on Sportsnet, they seem a little bit minor league to me though I can't quite put my finger on why I see them that way.

But I cannot stay mad at TSN. If you cheer for the Habs, TSN >>>>>>>>>>>>CBC, though frankly even putting team biases aside, the people TSN put on TV (both in the rinks and in the between periods panels) blow CBC out of the water.

I never got any sort of vibe from Dutchy before which is a zillion times better than the homers employed by CBC.

WG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む

Quote:
I think its just Dutchy that pisses me off. Such a bruins homer. And you can just tell he would be a pompous *****. Mcguire is a habs fan no doubt.
Who cares? (other than you) So he prefers the Bruins.. why are you mad?

Not everybody will love the same stuff you love.

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:07 PM
habtastic

I distinctly remember Dutchesyn saying he was a Habs fan. Weird. Meh. TSN. Heading home tomorrow for the Leafs game. Nothing can get us out of this torpor like a big win against the laffs on a Sat night at the BC. Then again the opposite is true. JM, please have a conversation with certain someones. Also, swap AK and Gomez. It will do wonders. Also, perhaps swap White and Max Pac. I think our best line would be Patches-DD-Pouliot.

WHERE IS CAMMY!!!!?

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
If TSN were such a biased network that held nothing but contempt for the Habs. Why would they receive a channel dedicated to only airing Hab games regionally whenever they can acquire rights from RDS? You could theorize rating but the revenue would be relatively minor. Frankly, your claim of bias from Dutchy is without merit. That video was depicting memorable moments from the rivalry and whether or not we appreciate it, Ribs and Kovalev's feigned injuries were a long displayed highlight. The Komiasarek/Lucic confrontation is still talked about to this day.

Take the homer glasses off mate. There was not any bias in that video. You are merely whining because Boston came ahead in more media memorable moments than Montreal has. In actuality, I would say it was largely tied.

Boycott TSN? They are the best network available to watch NHL games.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveshutt View Post

I was thinking the same thing watching that. While they must have thrown that clip together fairly quickly, it's obvious the researchers aren't very old or don't have a good memory. With about 5 decades of dominance you'd think it would have been more balanced or weighted the other way. And to not show Chris Nilan kicking the **** out of a Bruin is sad.

Search "Robinson Vs Sleigher" and "Robinson vs Milbury" on youtube to catch a glimpse of the big man during the rivalry in it's heyday. I was expecting the Milbury fight to be #1 I still get goosebumps.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:14 PM
LeBlondeDemon10

Holy, what about Dryden stone walling a powerful, favoured Bruins team in 1971? Where the hell was Dutchy's editor?

LeBlondeDemon10 is offline   Reply With Quote