HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-2011 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
A very peculiar year for the Habs and their prospects indeed. Hopefully this years playoffs will bear fruit!

Old
03-18-2011, 10:00 PM
WiSioux

Just wanted to let you guys know that Kristo scored a goal tonight, in his first game back, to help the Sioux beat Colorado College 4-3 and advance to the WCHA Championship game tomorrow (against Denver) night in St. Paul.

Old
03-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSioux View Post
Just wanted to let you guys know that Kristo scored a goal tonight, in his first game back, to help the Sioux beat Colorado College 4-3 and advance to the WCHA Championship game tomorrow (against Denver) night in St. Paul.
That's great news!

Old
03-19-2011, 01:11 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Leblanc and Lefebvre will face Halifax in the first round of the playoff in the qmjhl

Old
03-19-2011, 07:50 AM
SeriousFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSioux View Post
First shift of the game no less I read!

A great comeback so far.

Old
03-19-2011, 02:02 PM
NewHabsEra*

Louis Leblanc is playing the trap!

I watched the Juniors twice this year, both games were on the road but I knew something was wrong with their system, a system way too passive, awaiting their oponents in the neutral zone, players not in movement enough.. I thought to myself, maybe thats the way they are on the road, to play it safe and avoid injuries but seeing the report from Stephane Leroux yesterday made me realized that this is their identity, thats the way Pascal Vincent ask them to play..

On the Leroux's clip you could see the Oceanics players controling the puck as much as they want at their blueline with about 15-16 consecutives passes without being disturbed, you had only 1 junior player lightly pressuring at their blueline, Clement Jodoin clearly wanted to humiliate the way the Junior plays, clearly illustrated that they are playing the good old trap and thats the way Vincent found with the line-up he has to win hockey games.. While its working at the moment and at this level, there is no way the Juniors is gonna win a championship playing like this and more important alot of those players are not learning the right way and will have trouble to adjust at the other level where most teams forecheck hard (the 2-1-2) trying to create turnovers in the offensive zone.. In Louis Leblanc's case Im not very worried, he is smart enough to adapt to a new style but stil,l it could take some time to really adjust and his development may have been slowed down quite a bit this year cause of that stupid coach who is more effraid to lose his job than developing his guys the right way...

Louis Leblanc's desapointing numbers take another sense now to me, this kid isnt a passive type of player, thats the opposite and more I think about it, more I think playing for the Juniors was possibly the worst thing that could happen for his development.. Alot of things are turning right in that org. the prez just has been replaced...

Old
03-19-2011, 02:07 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
there is no way the Juniors is gonna win a championship playing like this
Defense wins championship my friend! Ask Lemaire about it..

Old
03-19-2011, 02:14 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Defense wins championship my friend! Ask Lemaire about it..
You cant play a passive trap these days in the NHL, 15 years after teams have adjusted..

Old
03-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
nice to see ghallager back at least

Old
03-19-2011, 03:11 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

that was too funny i had to upload a video of what NewHabsEra was talking about

Old
03-19-2011, 03:27 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post

Thx I couldnt find it..

Old
03-19-2011, 03:28 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Louis Leblanc's desapointing numbers take another sense now to me, this kid isnt a passive type of player, thats the opposite and more I think about it, more I think playing for the Juniors was possibly the worst thing that could happen for his development.. Alot of things are turning right in that org. the prez just has been replaced...
Well at least he is learning some sound fundamentals, he should become a pro quicker that way. Sounds like he could jump into this lineup now and be effective. Of course strength is a real big issue.

Old
03-19-2011, 03:37 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
I watched the Juniors twice this year, both games were on the road but I knew something was wrong with their system, a system way too passive, awaiting their oponents in the neutral zone, players not in movement enough.. I thought to myself, maybe thats the way they are on the road, to play it safe and avoid injuries but seeing the report from Stephane Leroux yesterday made me realized that this is their identity, thats the way Pascal Vincent ask them to play..

On the Leroux's clip you could see the Oceanics players controling the puck as much as they want at their blueline with about 15-16 consecutives passes without being disturbed, you had only 1 junior player lightly pressuring at their blueline, Clement Jodoin clearly wanted to humiliate the way the Junior plays, clearly illustrated that they are playing the good old trap and thats the way Vincent found with the line-up he has to win hockey games.. While its working at the moment and at this level, there is no way the Juniors is gonna win a championship playing like this and more important alot of those players are not learning the right way and will have trouble to adjust at the other level where most teams forecheck hard (the 2-1-2) trying to create turnovers in the offensive zone.. In Louis Leblanc's case Im not very worried, he is smart enough to adapt to a new style but stil,l it could take some time to really adjust and his development may have been slowed down quite a bit this year cause of that stupid coach who is more effraid to lose his job than developing his guys the right way...

alot of things areNT turning right.. (sorry cant edit my posts)

Old
03-19-2011, 03:48 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Well at least he is learning some sound fundamentals, he should become a pro quicker that way. Sounds like he could jump into this lineup now and be effective. Of course strength is a real big issue.
Thats not the way I see it, he will have to learn to work way harder on the ice, will have to hustle hard when he has to as well as backchecking hard.. Habs are at their best when they are proactive on the forecheck and thats quite the opposite LL is actually getting used to..

Old
03-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
That's quite a bold statement. I think he would be completely overmatched in the NHL at this stage in his development. He'll need at least one year in the AHL.

Old
03-19-2011, 08:05 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 552
anything new a ramo

Old
03-19-2011, 08:12 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
That's quite a bold statement. I think he would be completely overmatched in the NHL at this stage in his development. He'll need at least one year in the AHL.
No, I know he isn't ready physically, I'm just talking about the style of play. He seems to understand system work and cycling the puck.

He needs to gain some serious muscle before making the jump, but I believe he knows what it takes to become successful at the NHL level, even if it's just as a 3rd/4th liner.

Old
03-19-2011, 08:14 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post

the way the guy counted made me laugh

Old
03-20-2011, 12:23 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Looking at one of our most devoted friend habsprospects website....guys we need to take a decision on before mid 2011 are:
Johnson, Naatinen, Simila and Stejskal. Now I clearly don't see us keeping Johnson and Simila. While Naatinen will definately be a keeper and Stejskal is the big question mark here. I'd keep him...but I,ve seen stranger things.

But other questions are about Marvin Degon and.....Alex Perezghogin. From Habsprospects website, we have their rights till this year. So who cares about Degon....but something has to be clarified with Perez isn't it? I guess it's been done already but we need to know if this guy ever wants to come back here. And if it's not to play with us, I believe he still has a name to get us something tangible in return.

With that big question mark on D....all those UFA's and RFA's...another exciting summer to follow...

Old
03-20-2011, 12:40 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Looking at one of our most devoted friend habsprospects website....guys we need to take a decision on before mid 2011 are:
Johnson, Naatinen, Simila and Stejskal. Now I clearly don't see us keeping Johnson and Simila. While Naatinen will definately be a keeper and Stejskal is the big question mark here. I'd keep him...but I,ve seen stranger things.

But other questions are about Marvin Degon and.....Alex Perezghogin. From Habsprospects website, we have their rights till this year. So who cares about Degon....but something has to be clarified with Perez isn't it? I guess it's been done already but we need to know if this guy ever wants to come back here. And if it's not to play with us, I believe he still has a name to get us something tangible in return.

With that big question mark on D....all those UFA's and RFA's...another exciting summer to follow...
Is Perezhogin dominant enough in the KHL to get a serious look at a come back in the NHL?

Old
03-20-2011, 01:05 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Is Perezhogin dominant enough in the KHL to get a serious look at a come back in the NHL?
Statistically, he was 7th (goals) & 8th (points) among the forwards two years ago. Other years, he was at best 15th-20th for goals and not even in the top 30 for points among the forwards.

Habs Prospects website
Old
03-20-2011, 01:26 AM
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants

Danny Kristo recorded a goal and assist tonight as North Dakota defeated Denver 3-2 to win the WCHA Championship.

Dustin Walsh also put up a goal and a helper in Dartmouth's 5-3 victory over Colgate.

Mac Bennett picked up an assist in Michigan's victory over Notre Dame.

Kristo now has 25 pts in 31 games (20 in last 14)

Walsh has 20 pts in 34 games.

Bennett has 12 pts in 28 games.

Old
03-20-2011, 01:45 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by didouche View Post
does anybody remember Tanner House, C in our last dev camp??

HF has him as one of the top NCAA free agents
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...gent_interest/
Oilers signed him.

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=556605

Old
03-20-2011, 02:25 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants19 View Post
Danny Kristo recorded a goal and assist tonight as North Dakota defeated Denver 3-2 to win the WCHA Championship.

Dustin Walsh also put up a goal and a helper in Dartmouth's 5-3 victory over Colgate.

Mac Bennett picked up an assist in Michigan's victory over Notre Dame.

Kristo now has 25 pts in 31 games (20 in last 14)

Walsh has 20 pts in 34 games.

Bennett has 12 pts in 28 games.
Isn't Bennett also getting pretty low ice time to boot?

Old
03-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Isn't Bennett also getting pretty low ice time to boot?
He must be getting pretty decent ice time, since midseason he's getting PP time and has quite a few points after a slow start.

Closed Thread