HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-2011 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2011, 05:34 PM
googlymoogly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Yeah very comparable at all. Subban-Tinordi will be the next Subban-Tinordi
I like that better, having Tinordi compared to Komisarek is a downer.

Old
03-02-2011, 06:09 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousFan09 View Post
Ramo's team is behind the ball, 2-3 in their series so far, facing elimination in their next match. They've had some pretty lousy scoring from what I can see, haven't scored more than 2 goals in any of their 5 games so far.
Something with which he'll be able to relate to price

Old
03-02-2011, 06:30 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Conboy is a good skater for his size, I hope he is learning how to play defense since that is what you want from grinders. He can hit pretty good, if he can chip in 5 goals 10 assists on a 4th line he'll be valuable.
I think he can be the type that chips in 5+ goals and 15 or more points a year while bringing a good physical presence. He moves well, loves to hit, will drop the gloves but is not going to be a heavyweight. I think he'll be more of a pest then a fighter but will fight a lot more then say Lappy did. I think he will see some games with the Habs next year, and could see him ending up being a solid 4th liner for us as he's shown good improvement this year.

Old
03-02-2011, 06:36 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I think he can be the type that chips in 5+ goals and 15 or more points a year while bringing a good physical presence. He moves well, loves to hit, will drop the gloves but is not going to be a heavyweight. I think he'll be more of a pest then a fighter but will fight a lot more then say Lappy did. I think he will see some games with the Habs next year, and could see him ending up being a solid 4th liner for us as he's shown good improvement this year.
Would a good comparison be a bigger daniel carcillo?

Old
03-02-2011, 06:38 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Would a good comparison be a bigger daniel carcillo?
For what i've seen, on CBC and on youtube, he's not a good fighter. Kind of inbetween O'Byrne (who got destroyed by Lapperière) and Kostopoulos (who got destroyed by everyone xept Ott).

He plays a very intense game though. And way more composed than Carcillo.

Old
03-02-2011, 06:43 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
For what i've seen, on CBC and on youtube, he's not a good fighter. Kind of inbetween O'Byrne (who got destroyed by Lapperière) and Kostopoulos (who got destroyed by everyone xept Ott).

He plays a very intense game though. And way more composed than Carcillo.
I meant more in the way that he agitates more than fights, and the point totals seemed to add up to the same as well. Conboy really, really needs to get some lessons in fighting. Regardless of whether or not it's 'his game', he'll be coming in as a big, gritty guy, and he will have to defend his teammates. No point in not trying to be good at it. He throws punches like a drunk, and he really needs to get some more technique.

Old
03-03-2011, 01:13 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
We will have to wait but in a few years, I see Subban being as good as Markov but tougher.
Tinordi will be tougher than Komi in the crease while being faster and getting more point.

Not sure they will always play together, but I will love to see them in the last minute of a game...
Weber ain't bad either, if only we could pair him with Emelin...
I can't wait for PG to sign Emelin another one of the core group (Markov,Subban,Tinordi Emelin,Hamrlik)huge signing.May be the extra piece we need sort of a rocket launcher.

Old
03-03-2011, 06:22 AM
Subban76

Quote:
I guess that if Emelin signs next year, he will be part of cup contender team.

With Price and the defense (no Tinordi - not ready yet but still Markov, Subban, Weber, Gorges and Spacek - add Emelin... and Spacek is bottom-2 d-men...).
I can't see Tinordi in there nor Hammer (Weber can play at 10% of the salary).

Unless we trade we have:
  • Three centers: Plekanec, Gomez, Desharnais.
  • Six wingers: AK, Pouliot, Eller, Gionta, Cammy and Patches.
  • Goalies: Price and (hopefully) Ramo as a backup.

In the next two or three years, we will have a cup contending team despite having one top-5 in the last 15 years.

Moen will be back where he belongs: bottom-6 who can play top-9 when needed.
So we basically have two forwards to get for our fourth line...
Never happening. Ramo is the top dog in th KHL and is agent already said that he wants a shot at number 1, not interested in being Price's backup for 15 games. Habs have to trade Ramo to a team that needs a goalie, that's the only value Ramo has for us.

Part of a package deal for a top winger this summer?

Old
03-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I can't wait for PG to sign Emelin another one of the core group (Markov,Subban,Tinordi Emelin,Hamrlik)huge signing.May be the extra piece we need sort of a rocket launcher.
This summer will tell the tale for Yemelin, if he re-signs KHL then he probably never comes to NA or the Habs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
Never happening. Ramo is the top dog in th KHL and is agent already said that he wants a shot at number 1, not interested in being Price's backup for 15 games. Habs have to trade Ramo to a team that needs a goalie, that's the only value Ramo has for us.

Where did his agent say that? I think maybe we could bring him over as #2 with a 1 year deal and a promise to move him to a team where he can compete for the #1 job if that opportunity is out there.

Old
03-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post

No team is going to make him number 1 right away...having a shot at being a #1 means being a NHL goalie first, which he hasn't shown he's capable of as of yet. I think he'll come over but will only stay with the Habs for an year regardless of whether he does well or not.

Old
03-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Is Bournival injured? Any reason why he missed last night's game?

Old
03-03-2011, 12:43 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Is Bournival injured? Any reason why he missed last night's game?
injured out for at least 2 weeks as of feb 27th

Nature of the injury wasn't disclosed

http://www.lhebdodustmaurice.com/Spo...eux-semaines/1

Old
03-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by didouche View Post
injured out for at least 2 weeks as of feb 27th

Nature of the injury wasn't disclosed

http://www.lhebdodustmaurice.com/Spo...eux-semaines/1
Thank You, wow hope he is alright and won't miss any of the playoffs

Old
03-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Gallagher takes "man" penalties

For anyone who was a little curious about Gallagher's 100 pim's this year (which he has way more of than any other top scorer), here's the news: Gallagher is one little angry man. Besides his 3 fighter majors, a vast majority of his penalties are of the violent variety, we're talking roughing, boarding, elbowing etc.,. What made me the most happy though is that his most common penalty is goaltender interference. I think he had something like 8-9 infractions. So all in all, you get the sense that the kid likes driving to the net, getting his nose dirty, and overall just being a regular **it disturber on the ice. I think he's definitely our most intriguing prospect at the moment.

Old
03-04-2011, 03:27 AM
GoHomez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
No team is going to make him number 1 right away...having a shot at being a #1 means being a NHL goalie first, which he hasn't shown he's capable of as of yet. I think he'll come over but will only stay with the Habs for an year regardless of whether he does well or not.
This.
Since Price will be a bit worn out after picking up his Conn Smyhe Trophy we have enough time showcasing Ramo in the fall.

Old
03-04-2011, 05:04 AM
GoHomez

Quote:
Not this season, we are one forward and one d-men from being serious contender.
With Ramo and Emelin next season, we are top-5 contender for the cup. Need one more forward from UFA.
Then Price can win the Conn Smythe and Ramo can be traded for a top-6 like Halak...
Unless there is a strike...
Yeah, you're probably right.
But I have a feeling Ramo will join the Habs next season and get playing time in order to be showcased.
Trading Ramo any time during the season puts us back at square one, lacking a back-up. Will Auld be happy playing in Hamilton while waiting for Ramo to be traded, or will Sanford/somebody else be called and who will start in Hamilton then? It's a quite tricky situation that will require som delicate decision making from Gauthier et al.

Old
03-04-2011, 06:59 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Not this season, we are one forward and one d-men from being serious contender.
With Ramo and Emelin next season, we are top-5 contender for the cup. Need one more forward from UFA.
Then Price can win the Conn Smythe and Ramo can be traded for a top-6 like Halak...
Unless there is a strike...
Trading Ramo would make sense and could land the Habs another piece of the pie that we are missing.Either a top four dman or a premier centerman (90 points a year)

Old
03-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Trading Ramo would make sense and could land the Habs another piece of the pie that we are missing.Either a top four dman or a premier centerman (90 points a year)

Sure but look at what we got back for Halak, a nice prospect in Eller, now some of you really think a guy playing in the KHL will land us a 90pts player or top 4 D? I got a hard time believing that

Old
03-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
For anyone who was a little curious about Gallagher's 100 pim's this year (which he has way more of than any other top scorer), here's the news: Gallagher is one little angry man. Besides his 3 fighter majors, a vast majority of his penalties are of the violent variety, we're talking roughing, boarding, elbowing etc.,. What made me the most happy though is that his most common penalty is goaltender interference. I think he had something like 8-9 infractions. So all in all, you get the sense that the kid likes driving to the net, getting his nose dirty, and overall just being a regular **it disturber on the ice. I think he's definitely our most intriguing prospect at the moment.
Yeah easily the most intriguing pick from 2010 imo. The rest, to a lesser extend even Tinordi, are pretty bland.

Old
03-04-2011, 10:32 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Sure but look at what we got back for Halak, a nice prospect in Eller, now some of you really think a guy playing in the KHL will land us a 90pts player or top 4 D? I got a hard time believing that
A team that is rebuilding may have an interest in a package that includes Ramo, Weber and perhaps a additional roster player/prospect. I have no idea what it would get but there has to be some value in that package.

Old
03-04-2011, 01:33 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...ng_on_leblanc/

Old
03-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

KHL playoff notes

Brock Trotter has 3-3-6pts in 6 games, placing him in a tie for 4th overall. His Dinamo Riga team is through to the 2nd round.

Kari Ramo is 3-3 with 1.81 GAA, .926 Save pct. Game seven goes today or tomorrow.

Konstantin Korneev has a couple of assists through 4 games.
Alexei Emelin has 0 points. Both pay for Ak Bars and are through to the next round.

Maxim Trunev finished with no points in 6 games, and his Severstal team was eliminated.

Old
03-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

http://www.ivyleaguesports.com/sport...ll-Ivy_--_2011

Joe Stejskal was named to the All-Ivy League Second Team.

Old
03-04-2011, 09:54 PM
S Bah

Let's hope he signs on with the Habs instead of becoming a tennis pro.Joe is a man of many parts with two sports he has the skill to be a pro in.

Old
03-05-2011, 10:55 PM
SeriousFan09

Brendan Gallagher may be out for a bit

WHL Giants Twitter feed.

"Brendan Gallagher did take a hard hit early in the period, took a walk to the dressing room. We will keep you posted if he returns."

Tweeted Dan Elliot, the PBP guy for the Giants if Gallagher returned... "did not. Doubt he will."

Closed Thread