HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds Line-up 04-05

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2004, 09:02 AM
hillbilly

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Preds Line-up 04-05

take a guess on the lines for the 04-05 season

Walker-Legwand-Sullivan
Erat-Arkhipov-Orszagh
Hartnell-Johnson-Hall
McKenzie-Smith- ?

The D is pretty much set with one roster spot open. I wish Arkhipov was gone, but he's not. so I can only guess he'll be playing next year if he isn't traded

Old
06-30-2004, 10:53 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
sullivan-legwand-walker
erat-johnson-orszagh
hartnell-krog(wishfull thinking)-hall
pivko?/mckenzie (maybe only when an "enforcer" is needed)-arkhipov-tootoo

timonen-eaton
hamhuis-(weber maybe?)
zidlicky-hnidy

some real uncertainties there

Old
06-30-2004, 11:12 AM
hillbilly

I'm still kinda miffed the qualified Orszagh, I'm not disappointed, but I'm pretty surprised

Old
06-30-2004, 11:16 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Gamache?...what about him guys?...wasn't he one of the many qualified?

Old
06-30-2004, 11:17 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
Gamache?...what about him guys?...wasn't he one of the many qualified?
right you are. let him have a go at centering erat and orszagh ans scratch arky's sorry arse.

Old
06-30-2004, 11:26 AM
hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
right you are. let him have a go at centering erat and orszagh ans scratch arky's sorry arse.
I'm all for it

Old
06-30-2004, 11:45 AM
crossxcheck

How about....

sullivan-legwand-walker
erat-gamache-orszagh
hartnell-johnson-hall
pivko/mckenzie (maybe only when an "enforcer" is needed)-krog(wishfull thinking)-tootoo/segal?

Old
06-30-2004, 03:09 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
take a guess on the lines for the 04-05 season

Walker-Legwand-Sullivan
Erat-Arkhipov-Orszagh
Hartnell-Johnson-Hall
McKenzie-Smith- ?

The D is pretty much set with one roster spot open. I wish Arkhipov was gone, but he's not. so I can only guess he'll be playing next year if he isn't traded
Not bad, but I'm hoping for someone to take Arkhipov's place. Not sure who though.

Walker - Legwand - Sullivan
Erat - XXX - Hartnell
Orszagh - Johnson - Hall
McKenzie - Gamache - Pivko

Arkhipov can fill the XXX spot if he has an inspired camp. And Hall can potentially move into the XXX spot if need be. If so, Pivko would move in to Hall's spot and someone like Upshall would likely be called up. I would say Haydar, but I don't want him on the same line as Gamache on the NHL level. That would scare the hell out of me. Too much chance that the other team could throw their big line (i.e. Forsberg, Bertuzzi, Thornton) out there and those two would be caught out with a not so fleet a foot McKenzie.

As for defense, I personally would like to see this...

Eaton - Hamhuis
Timonen - Hnidy
Zidlicky - Mukhachev

That would be predicated on several things. Hammer would have to take a major step in development (strength and decision making especially), Mukhachev would have to prove himself NHL worthy and Hnidy must prove he's a top 6 Dman. I wouldn't be opposed to swapping Hnidy and Mukhachev based on performance. I like this setup because it gives Timonen a slight breather. He's undersized and I'd like to keep him right at 13 minutes a game even strength. The rest of his ice time would be found at all PP and some PK chances. I'd like him to skate 22 minutes a night. 13 at ES, 7 on PP, 2 on PK. We need an effective Timonen and I felt he struggled a touch towards the end of the year and I'm worried TOI had a lot to do with it. I've always felt he trailed off towards the end of the season because we played him so much. Last year, he saw 23 minutes a night. In the final 15 games of the season, he had 4 points (all assists) and was a -6. In his previous 57 games, he had 36 points. This year, he saw 24 minutes a night. In his last 15 games of the season, he had 2 goals and 4 assists. In his previous 62 games, he had 38 points. He sees around 14 minutes of regular strength ice time and around 3:30 minutes of PK. I think this is what drains his energy. I think Hamhuis is capable of eating away at Timonen's ES minutes as well as some of his PK minutes. This frees up Timonen to do what he's best at and that's work the PP. I think Hammer is up to the task.

Old
06-30-2004, 03:31 PM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Not bad, but I'm hoping for someone to take Arkhipov's place. Not sure who though.

Walker - Legwand - Sullivan
Erat - XXX - Hartnell
Orszagh - Johnson - Hall
McKenzie - Gamache - Pivko

Arkhipov can fill the XXX spot if he has an inspired camp. And Hall can potentially move into the XXX spot if need be. If so, Pivko would move in to Hall's spot and someone like Upshall would likely be called up. I would say Haydar, but I don't want him on the same line as Gamache on the NHL level. That would scare the hell out of me. Too much chance that the other team could throw their big line (i.e. Forsberg, Bertuzzi, Thornton) out there and those two would be caught out with a not so fleet a foot McKenzie.

As for defense, I personally would like to see this...

Eaton - Hamhuis
Timonen - Hnidy
Zidlicky - Mukhachev
I think Mukhachev is probably the most likely candidate to fill the 6th d-man spot. I completely forgot about him.

I also think that hartnell is ready for 2nd line duties. He would have been our #1 goal scorer this past year if not for injuries. I also like your lines because each line has some size and grit. Crap, I'll just be happy if we have hockey next season.

Old
06-30-2004, 04:13 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
I think Mukhachev is probably the most likely candidate to fill the 6th d-man spot. I completely forgot about him.

I also think that hartnell is ready for 2nd line duties. He would have been our #1 goal scorer this past year if not for injuries. I also like your lines because each line has some size and grit. Crap, I'll just be happy if we have hockey next season.
I'll also add that I wouldn't mind if the Preds played as many rookies again. Players like Gamache, Shishkanov, Hutchinson, Pivko, and Mukhachev could all be in the lineup together at one point in time. Next years team isn't going to win the Cup and isn't likely to advance out of the first round (I have my doubts about a playoff berth too), so I don't see any reason not to keep on trucking along like we have. This team isn't built for next year; it's built for the many seasons that lay ahead.

Old
06-30-2004, 05:17 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I still don't see Tootoo playing with the Ads next season. The Predators play more physical with him in the line-up, all of them. He sparks the team. I sure his offense might get a little better playing with the ads but I don't ever think he's going to be more than a 15 goal guy no matter what. He's a pest, a sparkplug and a high energy player, he can grow on the 4th line.

Closed Thread