HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft Question

View Poll Results: Did we do the right thing by taking radulov
All things considered, YES 21 75.00%
No, we should have taken Schremp 2 7.14%
No, we should have taken Chipchura 1 3.57%
No, we should have taken anyone else 1 3.57%
Undecided 3 10.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2004, 09:08 AM
crossxcheck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Draft Question

well?

Also where do he and meidel now fit in our #1-#20 prospect list?

Old
06-28-2004, 09:39 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I think Radulov will now move to second in our prospect rankings and Meidl I'd put a little ahead of Pivko and Segal.

Old
06-28-2004, 12:53 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I think Radulov will now move to second in our prospect rankings and Meidl I'd put a little ahead of Pivko and Segal.
I'd definitely put Radulov top 5. I can't believe we nabbed someone like him at 15 in a sub-par draft class.

Old
06-28-2004, 01:35 PM
crossxcheck

Here's a question: am I right in that a junior-aged player cannot be sent the AHL unless he has already played four seasons of junior hockey? That being the case does that mean Meidel could play in the AHL next season? Does it also mean Radulov wouldn't be eligible (although I don't see him making that jump just yet)?

Old
06-28-2004, 02:11 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
Here's a question: am I right in that a junior-aged player cannot be sent the AHL unless he has already played four seasons of junior hockey? That being the case does that mean Meidel could play in the AHL next season? Does it also mean Radulov wouldn't be eligible (although I don't see him making that jump just yet)?

Meidl, since he's a CHL player, is ineligible until he's 20. Radulov COULD play in the AHL, since he's a Euro...but I doubt he will. More likely, he'll spend a year or two in the CHL, which is a better idea, I think.

Old
06-28-2004, 02:12 PM
Pattypred

I'm hoping to give a better opinion after seeing Radulov, Meidl and Fugere in rookie camp. I've taken vacation from work so I can attend the sessions.

I'll let you know then.

I get to smell the ice. Hopefully that will hold me over until training camp starts.

Now, I know most of you are preaching the doom and gloom but I prefer to think positive. I prefer to believe they will reach a new agreement before Thanksgiving and there will be hockey.

Old
06-28-2004, 02:18 PM
PredsMan

Quote:
I'm not sur eof the number of seasons required, but there is also an age cut-off.

IT boils down to this: If he still is eligible for Junior, he can't play in the AHL

Old
06-28-2004, 02:19 PM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred
I'm hoping to give a better opinion after seeing Radulov, Meidl and Fugere in rookie camp. I've taken vacation from work so I can attend the sessions.

I'll let you know then.

I get to smell the ice. Hopefully that will hold me over until training camp starts.

Now, I know most of you are preaching the doom and gloom but I prefer to think positive. I prefer to believe they will reach a new agreement before Thanksgiving and there will be hockey.

I want to go to the rookie camp. What are the dates/details?

Old
06-28-2004, 02:25 PM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
Meidl, since he's a CHL player, is ineligible until he's 20. Radulov COULD play in the AHL, since he's a Euro...but I doubt he will. More likely, he'll spend a year or two in the CHL, which is a better idea, I think.
this is giving me a headache

Old
06-28-2004, 03:44 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsMan
I'm not sur eof the number of seasons required, but there is also an age cut-off.

IT boils down to this: If he still is eligible for Junior, he can't play in the AHL

that doesn't apply to players drafted out of europe, but..as i've said...everything poile has said seems to suggest Radulov is going to enter the CHL draft and go that route, which means he'll probably spend at least a year there.

Old
06-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
I want to go to the rookie camp. What are the dates/details?
Rookie camp is 7/5-7/11/2004 at Centennial Sportsplex. I haven't found out what the schedule will be. They normally post it on the Nashville Predators website. That's where I get some of my information. I check with friends for additional info.

Old
06-28-2004, 04:05 PM
crossxcheck

Quote:
that doesn't apply to players drafted out of europe, but..as i've said...everything poile has said seems to suggest Radulov is going to enter the CHL draft and go that route, which means he'll probably spend at least a year there.
NMK. do you have a link or some more info on all of these age/eligibility requirements?

Old
06-28-2004, 04:07 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
I'm honestly undecided only time will tell if we made the right call.

Old
06-28-2004, 04:08 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
NMK. do you have a link or some more info on all of these age/eligibility requirements?

not offhand. you might try the CHL's website.

Old
06-28-2004, 06:13 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
not offhand. you might try the CHL's website.
I wanna say I read somewhere that the NHL/CHL agreement (it's separate from the CBA) expired at the end of the Memorial Cup. So that would likely render the 'star rule' invalid until a new agreement is reached.

Oh, here's the link...

http://www.minnesotahockeyjournal.co..._archive3.html It's towards the middle. Just search for CHL on the page.

Closed Thread