HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quintal Trade Cost Nothing

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2004, 03:17 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
Quintal Trade Cost Nothing

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

wow! and people on the canadiens were complaining about only getting "future considerations" when i guess they didn't get anything at all!

Old
06-29-2004, 03:41 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

This trade rules even more now!

06-29-2004, 04:42 AM
velimiiro

Hmm??? noone was complaining, we were expecting Quintal to walk, he can't skate anymore, i love his attitude and all, but... last year was the year where his age REALLY caught up with him... he's slow, lost most of his fights, and a memorable one to rookie Peters, whereas he used to be a decent fighter... sorry folks, take Quintal out of the oven.. HE'S DONE!!!

Old
06-29-2004, 10:18 AM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
So in other words, if the Kings sign him, it will be just like a free agent signing.

06-29-2004, 11:04 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
This trade rules even more now!
It wasn't a trade at all. Taylor received permission to speak to him early about signing him as a UFA.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry
It wasn't a trade at all. Taylor received permission to speak to him early about signing him as a UFA.
For future considerations............

Old
06-29-2004, 11:30 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
For future considerations............
Read this:

"The Kings weren't quite done dealing with the Montreal Canadiens, acquiring the rights to veteran defenseman Stephane Quintal for a reasonable cost nothing on the second day of the NHL draft.

The Kings, who obtained goaltender Mathieu Garon from the Canadiens on the first day of the draft, did not part with any players or draft picks Sunday to get the rights to Quintal, who could become an unrestricted free agent Thursday.

The Canadiens did not plan on signing Quintal, 35, so the Kings asked them for permission to talk with Quintal's agent, Pat Brisson of Los Angeles. The Kings are expected to sign Quintal to a one-year contract in the next day or two, albeit at significantly less than the $1.5 million he made last year."

Last edited by Old Hickory: 06-29-2004 at 11:35 AM.
Old
06-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry
Read this:

"The Kings weren't quite done dealing with the Montreal Canadiens, acquiring the rights to veteran defenseman Stephane Quintal for a reasonable cost nothing on the second day of the NHL draft.

The Kings, who obtained goaltender Mathieu Garon from the Canadiens on the first day of the draft, did not part with any players or draft picks Sunday to get the rights to Quintal, who could become an unrestricted free agent Thursday.

The Canadiens did not plan on signing Quintal, 35, so the Kings asked them for permission to talk with Quintal's agent, Pat Brisson of Los Angeles. The Kings are expected to sign Quintal to a one-year contract in the next day or two, albeit at significantly less than the $1.5 million he made last year."
I didn't read the article before hand. My bad. From what I heard at first it was for a conditional pick.

Old
06-29-2004, 01:27 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by velimiiro
Hmm??? noone was complaining, we were expecting Quintal to walk, he can't skate anymore, i love his attitude and all, but... last year was the year where his age REALLY caught up with him... he's slow, lost most of his fights, and a memorable one to rookie Peters, whereas he used to be a decent fighter... sorry folks, take Quintal out of the oven.. HE'S DONE!!!
i don't knwo where i read it, but i remember some habs fans thinking that quintal was worth much mroe then future considerations. all in all, i wasn't expecting us to give much back in return even if we were to send back future considerations, just i wasn't expecting to give nothing at all. how many of those trades happen?

Old
06-29-2004, 01:55 PM
kingbrath

I am still glad that we have Quintal and not Modry for next season

Old
06-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Sam I Am

As a Hab fan, I regret that my team let him go. He's big, experienced, cheap, rugged and a real team player. He's no Ray Bourque...but over a long season he will provide valuable service.

Old
06-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brath
I am still glad that we have Quintal and not Modry for next season
Dude, dont jinx it, he hasn't signed anywhere else yet. . . .

Old
06-29-2004, 10:36 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by velimiiro
I noticed how everybody ignored this post. Not me! You hit it on the head, and if he was so valuable at that price tag why wouldn't Montreal re-sign him. Fact of the matter is, the same ***** goes every year and us fans try to justify how brilliant this player is and what a great move this was. Personally I would have rather us signed our 21 yr old prospect (Rome) for the next three years at a much better deal. Did the same last year with Muir?
Quintal...........what's the *****ing point! We took him out of the oven all right, but we got burned! They should have spent that money (plus another 2 or 3) on signing a UFA like Zhitnik.

Old
06-30-2004, 02:00 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
I noticed how everybody ignored this post. Not me! You hit it on the head, and if he was so valuable at that price tag why wouldn't Montreal re-sign him. Fact of the matter is, the same ***** goes every year and us fans try to justify how brilliant this player is and what a great move this was. Personally I would have rather us signed our 21 yr old prospect (Rome) for the next three years at a much better deal. Did the same last year with Muir?
Quintal...........what's the *****ing point! We took him out of the oven all right, but we got burned! They should have spent that money (plus another 2 or 3) on signing a UFA like Zhitnik.
i think you have issues my friend....

06-30-2004, 02:48 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Wow, this gives a whole new meaning of trading someone for a bag of pucks.

Old
06-30-2004, 03:20 AM
velimiiro

Quote:
Yep... Quintal is a good guy to have in the locker room though... so atleast theres that.

Old
06-30-2004, 08:43 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Quintal will make 800K at most. He's willing to take less and play a lesser role. Other 35 year old defenseman would whine and complain that younger players they're trying to get into the lineup are getting more ice time, not Quintal. Quintal is being brought in more for being in the locker room than being on the ice. I expect him to be the 7th defenseman.

And wouldn't you rather have Quintal than Jason Holland in the lineup?

Old
06-30-2004, 03:19 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
i think you have issues my friend....

I forgot this is a Christian board!

I'm perfectly fine, thanks for the concern but if words like poo and inter-course bother you than don't read my posts.

Last edited by David A. Rainer: 06-30-2004 at 07:31 PM.
Old
06-30-2004, 03:22 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Quintal will make 800K at most. He's willing to take less and play a lesser role. Other 35 year old defenseman would whine and complain that younger players they're trying to get into the lineup are getting more ice time, not Quintal. Quintal is being brought in more for being in the locker room than being on the ice. I expect him to be the 7th defenseman.

I'd rather have Holland at number six and seven. He wasn't all that bad last year, especially when he logged high minutes. Fact is we have other concerns at D, than picking up a guy like Quintal......it didn't address a thing.

Old
06-30-2004, 03:25 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
I'd rather have Holland at number six and seven. He wasn't all that bad last year, especially when he logged high minutes. Fact is we have other concerns at D, than picking up a guy like Quintal......it didn't address a thing.
Disagree.

Old
06-30-2004, 07:30 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
I forgot this is a Christian board!

I'm perfectly fine, thanks for the concern but if words like *****, and ***** bother you than don't read my posts.

No, that's not how it works. I've already spoken with you about this, don't make me lower the hammer.

Old
07-01-2004, 05:19 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Quintal is a whiner. He whined when he was scratched after the Habs annual trip in the West, and he broke his stick in half when he learned Komisarek was not going to be taken out of the lineup for him in the playoffs when he was ready to come back. He also said he didn't want to be in Montreal next year if it was just as a 7th Dman, which virtually sealed his faith with the team.

The only thing Kings fans should expect from Q is him sticking up for teammates. He's too slow to be a regular anymore and has no offense at all. But if the Kings were looking for a bit more tougness and size on D, they got it.

Old
07-01-2004, 05:30 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Quintal will bring some much needed toughness to this team. He is an upgrade over Norton. He will also bring some experience to what is looking like a young team.

Old
07-02-2004, 03:59 PM
Tuggy

Quote:

Actually he did complain last year during the playoffs when he got benched in favor of Komisarek.

Quintal is completely washed up, IMO he was the worst player on the Habs roster last season. I was extremely happy to see him go and maybe the more wide open style of the West will help him.... :lol

Good luck with this bump on the log.

Closed Thread