HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wisniewski's value

View Poll Results: Would you trade Wiz
YAY 22 14.97%
NAY 125 85.03%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2011, 12:58 PM
  #1
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500
Wisniewski's value

Okay, for starters, let me say that since the trade, I always tought that Wiz would come back next year. But at the trade deadline, Wiz would probably fetch the Habs a 1st + B prospect. With this package coming our way, the fact that he will ask for atleast 4M next year and that Weber seems to ne NHL ready and bringing, to some level, the same thing that Wisniewski does.

TL;DR : Would you trade him if something along 1st + B Prospect was the package PG would get in return?

bcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:01 PM
  #2
davenash
Registered User
 
davenash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Rimouski, PQ
Posts: 1,051
vCash: 500
I don't think you could get a 1st and a b prospect for an impending UFA like the Wiz.

We need him anyway to replace Markov.

davenash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:03 PM
  #3
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
Okay, for starters, let me say that since the trade, I always tought that Wiz would come back next year. But at the trade deadline, Wiz would probably fetch the Habs a 1st + B prospect. With this package coming our way, the fact that he will ask for atleast 4M next year and that Weber seems to ne NHL ready and bringing, to some level, the same thing that Wisniewski does.

TL;DR : Would you trade him if something along 1st + B Prospect was the package PG would get in return?
What a ridiculous idea.

Plus why would his price double from Jan 1st to the trade deadline?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:03 PM
  #4
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenash View Post
I don't think you could get a 1st and a b prospect for an impending UFA like the Wiz.

We need him anyway to replace Markov.
Wiz isn't the same type of player Markov is.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:05 PM
  #5
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What a ridiculous idea.

Plus why would his price double from Jan 1st to the trade deadline?
Trade deadline = overpayment since 10 other teams are interested in one player.

bcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:07 PM
  #6
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Very, very good idea.

euhhh.no

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:09 PM
  #7
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On
 
HabsHockey*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
Trade deadline = overpayment since 10 other teams are interested in one player.
Why do we trade him since we are in a playoff run ourselves? And, he isn't worth what you think he is.

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:10 PM
  #8
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsHockey View Post
Why do we trade him since we are in a playoff run ourselves? And, he isn't worth what you think he is.
Man, **** the playoffs. I want a good prospect and 1 more pick at the table.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:12 PM
  #9
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
Trade deadline = overpayment since 10 other teams are interested in one player.
There would not be 10 teams after Wisniewski. Did you look at the cap situations of the 16 teams currently in the playoffs? Plus, those that have room don't necessarily need that type of player...

Plus...why the hell would we trade away our top scoring d-man(who had a big hand in helping us get back on track after a poor December) while in 6th place(2 points out of 3rd overall).

Some of the crap people post on here belongs on another planet as it's so far from relity it isn't even funny.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:12 PM
  #10
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On
 
HabsHockey*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
Man, **** the playoffs. I want a good prospect and 1 more pick at the table.
Sorry, completely forgot about the game plan. Can we trade Hamr and Spacek for a couple of 2nd's?

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:12 PM
  #11
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
get that 1st then trade it for Regehr or T-Kabs? I like.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:14 PM
  #12
Picaroon
Registered User
 
Picaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,787
vCash: 500
People are obsessed with "rebuilding" and "youth." Don't know if you noticed but our team is plenty young. This year and the next three years are our time to compete. Enough of this acquiring unproven prospects and draft picks.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:14 PM
  #13
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
Man, **** the playoffs. I want a good prospect and 1 more pick at the table.
Why should they get 2 more assets for their future when they can get into the playoffs and get run over by the Flyers?

I can sarcasm too, ********.

bcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:16 PM
  #14
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
Why should they get 2 more assets for their future when they can get into the playoffs and get run over by the Flyers?

I can sarcasm too, ********.
It's official? we take the flyers in first round?

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:21 PM
  #15
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
It's official? we take the flyers in first round?
I don't think the Habs have the assets to beat the Flyers, whenever they face them.

bcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:22 PM
  #16
davenash
Registered User
 
davenash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Rimouski, PQ
Posts: 1,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Wiz isn't the same type of player Markov is.
He was brought to replace him on the power play.

He was specifically brought because we had two serious injuries in our defense squad.

Did I dream all this? We really have the luxury of trading d-men for draft picks right now?

davenash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:23 PM
  #17
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsonhab View Post
People are obsessed with "rebuilding" and "youth." Don't know if you noticed but our team is plenty young. This year and the next three years are our time to compete. Enough of this acquiring unproven prospects and draft picks.
It's not about "youth". It's about not having the right assets, do you really think this team will be able to beat 4 times out of 7 the Flyers, Canucks or Red Wings?

I tought so to.

bcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:23 PM
  #18
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On
 
HabsHockey*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
Why should they get 2 more assets for their future when they can get into the playoffs and get run over by the Flyers?

I can sarcasm too, ********.
1st round? Oh no there goes my April.

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:24 PM
  #19
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenash View Post
He was brought to replace him on the power play.

He was specifically brought because we had two serious injuries in our defense squad.

Did I dream all this? We really have the luxury of trading d-men for draft picks right now?
You were probably dreaming when they announced Gorges would be back for the playoffs, and btw, Wisniewski was brought in when Gorges went down, not when Markov did.

bcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:25 PM
  #20
Picaroon
Registered User
 
Picaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
It's not about "youth". It's about not having the right assets, do you really think this team will be able to beat 4 times out of 7 the Flyers, Canucks or Red Wings?

I tought so to.
Lol... ok. So lets just trade all our good players, and a tough one at that, for some prospects that may or may not be good in 4 years because we assume we can't beat Philly, Van and Detroit. Just like when we assumed we couldn't beat Pitts or Washington. Seriously man this is a playoff team, not a rebuild team. Its smart to acquire prospects and hold on to picks, but not at the cost of our immediate future.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:26 PM
  #21
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
I don't think the Habs have the assets to beat the Flyers, whenever they face them.
So PG should trade his best D in case we have to play the Flyers?

Sorry i dont understand..the bruins should trade Chara..they cant beat us in playoffs.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:28 PM
  #22
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsonhab View Post
Lol... ok. So lets just trade all our good players, and a tough one at that, for some prospects that may or may not be good in 4 years because we assume we can't beat Philly, Van and Detroit. Just like when we assumed we couldn't beat Pitts or Washington. Seriously man this is a playoff team, not a rebuild team. Its smart to acquire prospects and hold on to picks, but not at the cost of our immediate future.
Maybe you were assuming this, but in my two pools I had Montreal in 6 against both teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
So PG should trade his best D in case we have to play the Flyers?

Sorry i dont understand..the bruins should trade Chara..thay cant beat us in playoffs.
Lol, get your head out of your ass, I said Wisniewski because he probably has the best value of that D-core, I could of said Hamrlik or Spacek for all I care.

bcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:30 PM
  #23
habdynasty
Registered User
 
habdynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
So PG should trade his best D in case we have to play the Flyers?

Sorry i dont understand..the bruins should trade Chara..they cant beat us in playoffs.
No kidding, this is the worst thread of the month.

habdynasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:30 PM
  #24
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,338
vCash: 500
Well, we're in 6th position in the East right now, but since we MAY face the Flyers in the playoffs, I say sell the team ! We then MAY get some interesting prospects and picks and by any chance fall to the 15th spot and get a top position for the next draft... I can't wait !!!

Vasculio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 01:30 PM
  #25
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
get that 1st then trade it for Regehr or T-Kabs? I like.
Also, I never said that we couldn't trade that 1st we acquired for something at the draft. With 2 or 3 good moves, the Habs could be serious contenders.. NEXT YEAR.

bcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.