HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Myers shines at Sunrise

Old
02-11-2011, 01:26 AM
jflory81
Irken Elite

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by schpaff View Post
Bad:

Butler with the pee-wee hockey moment. You could almost see the fear in his eyes with the pressure coming on him. The guy has lost all confidence.
I'm more unhappy with the way Ennis completely blew his seal and let his man waltz right by him to the puck. That can't happen with a lead.

I'd prefer to see Ennis' ice time cut with 3rd period leads.

jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 01:27 AM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Hecht was great tonight. He won the faceoff and set up the screen on the first goal, was first in on the forecheck and forced the turnover to Pominville on the 2nd goal, and nearly won it in overtime. Great game from him.

Old
02-11-2011, 01:28 AM
Jonstradamus

Keep on truckin'.....

2 points out with games in hand and many games left.

I need some playoffs...

Jonstradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 01:51 AM
schpaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
I'm more unhappy with the way Ennis completely blew his seal and let his man waltz right by him to the puck. That can't happen with a lead.

I'd prefer to see Ennis' ice time cut with 3rd period leads.
I'm not, Butler felt the pressure and threw the puck as fast as he could. Ennis was late, but the play started with him. I saw a d-man get rattled.

schpaff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 01:53 AM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by schpaff View Post
I'm not, Butler felt the pressure and threw the puck as fast as he could. Ennis was late, but the play started with him. I saw a d-man get rattled.
Butler certainly errored, but Ennis's error was a dedication/mental mistake. That angers me more than a fumbled puck and a half-fanned clear.

And Ennis wasn't late, he just let the pointman (his man) skate right by him to not only keep the puck in, but center it right away. The play wasn't dangerous until Ennis showed zero effort to do anything to the guy who went right around him.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:16 AM
schpaff

Quote:
Butler certainly errored, but Ennis's error was a dedication/mental mistake. That angers me more than a fumbled puck and a half-fanned clear.

And Ennis wasn't late, he just let the pointman (his man) skate right by him to not only keep the puck in, but center it right away. The play wasn't dangerous until Ennis showed zero effort to do anything to the guy who went right around him.
I'll have to replay the play, to me Bulter rushed, Ennis did a WTF moment and the next moment Reasoner has it in the slot.

My point, Butler could/should have been more piosed on the play. He had the time to break/skate to the other side if he was looking.

schpaff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:43 AM
joechip

Send a message via Yahoo to joechip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
i was a Hamel guy too. i've always had a soft spot for guys like Hamel, Ellis, etc
No shame in having a man-crush on Ellis and Hamel. I miss two-kneed Hamel. Sad what happened to him.

Ta,

joechip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 08:06 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

I liked Bartovic. And Hamel. My dislike for Chara began there.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 08:50 AM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Quote:
Hecht was great tonight. He won the faceoff and set up the screen on the first goal, was first in on the forecheck and forced the turnover to Pominville on the 2nd goal, and nearly won it in overtime. Great game from him.

No, no, no....he was not. He was AVERAGE like he always is unless we are speaking of him when he is below average.

I'm still seeing the same old Hecht turn away from taking the body, hitting, lousy forecheck and instead doing figure eights on the ice.

I see everyone else playing out of character except him. If you're comparing his game to the Tampa game then a more accurate statement should, "well, he wasn't horrible tonight."

imyourhuckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Kevbeau

I wouldn't put Connolly in the Good by any means, but can't help but notice that he's ramped up the physicality & effort. Time to start playing for that next contract.

Kevbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:16 AM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bork Bork View Post

No, no, no....he was not. He was AVERAGE like he always is unless we are speaking of him when he is below average.

I'm still seeing the same old Hecht turn away from taking the body, hitting, lousy forecheck and instead doing figure eights on the ice.

I see everyone else playing out of character except him. If you're comparing his game to the Tampa game then a more accurate statement should, "well, he wasn't horrible tonight."
Totally disagree with you. He was as aggressive with the puck as I have seen in a long time, leading rushes into the offensive zone, he was a beast controlling the puck along the walls, he almost scored a beauty in OT.

I cant stand whem he looks like a big puss, as though someone just insulted him and he is about to cry, but last night wasnt that night at all.

Last edited by flyingpig: 02-11-2011 at 11:06 AM.
flyingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:48 AM
barnell
butter knife hockey

Well that was a boring game, but a great 10 seconds.

barnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 12:42 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Great: 3rd win in a row, in dramatic ending fashion.

Reality: this squad, despite the 11-4-1 record since Jan 1, still doesn't string together 3 consecutive winning periods (or at least not that often). The optimist in me imagines how good they could be (record-wise, the last third of the season) if they did outplay a team for a full 60 minutes. The pessimist in me thinks they can't. The realist in me thinks just wait and see...

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
awesome reference to Mika Noronen outdueling Roberto Luongo
I think it's Hasek in goal, not Noronen.

Taro Tsujimoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 04:17 PM
wyldthing89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevbeau View Post
I wouldn't put Connolly in the Good by any means, but can't help but notice that he's ramped up the physicality & effort. Time to start playing for that next contract.
Agree with that, not enough to put him in the good but at least the effort was there , in the defensive zone with a couples of good backchecking to prevent a scoring chance and was a more involved in the corners, especially in the defensive zone. Still need to polish his offense but had 2 games scoring streak and almost doubled up his entire year goal total.

Even if Vokoun was weak on the goal, Tylers played well enough lately and his 1goal in the last 20 and more wasn't reflect his play lately, it was some redemption to him.

Weber is a nice surprise for me, i know he would be more physical than the average but he is more than i expect. He is solid and really like him so far, same as Byron, he didn't made a lot of rookie mistakes so far and he is intense.

2 points back of the finalt playoff spot, i never stop believing in that team, i hope they will continue this run like Calgary did in the West. Not long ago a lot of peoples there talked about Couturier and hoping to see this team going down the drain, at least now we are probably all on the same side and expect this team to improve by the trade deadline.

Once we are in the playoffs, you never know what can happens, just next year, conference final was 7th vs 8th.

wyldthing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
Great: 3rd win in a row, in dramatic ending fashion.

Reality: this squad, despite the 11-4-1 record since Jan 1, still doesn't string together 3 consecutive winning periods (or at least not that often). The optimist in me imagines how good they could be (record-wise, the last third of the season) if they did outplay a team for a full 60 minutes. The pessimist in me thinks they can't. The realist in me thinks just wait and see...
There are few teams who can consistently outplay a team for 60 minutes. I only saw from the second half on, but from what I did see, they were putting in a strong effort. They played a great away game. I thought they were clearly the better team in the third, and even had Florida a little hesistant in OT. Last night was a good effort win.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Pengo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
I think it's Hasek in goal, not Noronen.
I think so too.

Those are the same pads. Notice the red rectangles and the grey things at the bottom.

Pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:15 PM
joechip

Send a message via Yahoo to joechip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
There are few teams who can consistently outplay a team for 60 minutes. I only saw from the second half on, but from what I did see, they were putting in a strong effort. They played a great away game. I thought they were clearly the better team in the third, and even had Florida a little hesistant in OT. Last night was a good effort win.
The '60 minute effort' is an illusion. One team will have the momentum for a while then surrender it. What is meant by that term is 60 minutes of complete and utter domination.... forgetting that there is another group of professionals pushing back with pride and effort. It's how they respond to the pressure that matters.

Ta,

joechip is offline   Reply With Quote