Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jokinen

Old
02-12-2011, 03:05 AM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

vCash: 50
I was ready to run him over with the Zamboni before December. If he keeps up his play that he's had over the past two months, I may begin to grow fond of him.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:14 PM
tfong

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
Are you watching the games at all... his play is pretty stable and defensively safe... and he hasn't been turning over the puck often.
Thats only LATELY. You still forgot all of last year and the beginning of this year

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Signature
Robin Williams RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Thats only LATELY. You still forgot all of last year and the beginning of this year
Yes, and once upon a time Iginla couldn't even skate. WHO CARES?

Jokinen's been playing great for us on this recent points streak and is a big part of it. For this team, right now is all that matters. The games before are done and gone, there are only the games now and coming.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:37 PM
luckyirish83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
Yes, and once upon a time Iginla couldn't even skate. WHO CARES?

Jokinen's been playing great for us on this recent points streak and is a big part of it. For this team, right now is all that matters. The games before are done and gone, there are only the games now and coming.
Exactly my point! Sure he didn't play too well last season and everyone critisized him for it, including me.

But those days are gone! It's what matters right now, trying to get into the playoffs and he has been playing fantastic and is a HUGE part of this team, complete dominant centerman who is playing really well defensively too! He is contributing in all aspects and has found amazing chemistry with Glencross and Moss!

Point is I am really happy that he has finally found his A game and I am proud to say he is a Flame...he is proving doubters wrong so good for him

Keep it up Joker!!

luckyirish83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:18 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURPHYS LAW 80 View Post
Really off topic here, but smarties are only in the UK Germany and Canada. M and Ms are everywhere. I would imagine that they have much better sales figures than Smarties.
What? o.O Over here in Sweden M&Ms weren't a fixture in regular stores (and aren't common yet either) before just a couple of years ago while Smarties have been around for at least 20ish years... Pretty similar all through Europe.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyirish83 View Post
Exactly my point! Sure he didn't play too well last season and everyone critisized him for it, including me.

But those days are gone! It's what matters right now, trying to get into the playoffs and he has been playing fantastic and is a HUGE part of this team, complete dominant centerman who is playing really well defensively too! He is contributing in all aspects and has found amazing chemistry with Glencross and Moss!

Point is I am really happy that he has finally found his A game and I am proud to say he is a Flame...he is proving doubters wrong so good for him

Keep it up Joker!!
Did you by chance just watch the Seinfeld episode where it is all about exclaimation marks?

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:52 PM
dmacin2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
What? o.O Over here in Sweden M&Ms weren't a fixture in regular stores (and aren't common yet either) before just a couple of years ago while Smarties have been around for at least 20ish years... Pretty similar all through Europe.
Sorry i shoudn't of spoken for every country in the world.

Just a quick google search showed me that Smarties arent in the USA and many other countries and M&Ms are suposed to be world wide. I have no idea the actual sales figures.

dmacin2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURPHYS LAW 80 View Post
Sorry i shoudn't of spoken for every country in the world.

Just a quick google search showed me that Smarties arent in the USA and many other countries and M&Ms are suposed to be world wide. I have no idea the actual sales figures.
as someone who ran a convenience store I can assure you M&Ms sell better... Smarties would sell more if you compared them to strictly the original M&Ms flavor, but with Peanut, Almond, Pretzel, Coconut and Peanut Butter... M&Ms fly off the shelf in comparison... and that just the single serving packs... when you go to the family packs its not even comparable, M&Ms dwarfs Smarties

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:53 PM
luckyirish83

Not recently but it sure was a darn good episode! I guess i'm just expressing my expression towards Jokinen and the Flames. Speaking of Jokinen, even though we did lose the game, and that we still have a shot at making the playoffs with the way the Flames are playing...not getting down about a loss because we have to expect not to win every game (getting waaaaaay off topic, but atleast i'm not talking about candy ) it would have been 5-2 if it wasent for Jokinen saving that sure goal when it was on our goal line by calmly swiping it away...just goes to show that he is playing as good defensively as he is offensively

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Did you by chance just watch the Seinfeld episode where it is all about exclaimation marks?

Old
02-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyirish83 View Post
Not recently but it sure was a darn good episode! I guess i'm just expressing my expression towards Jokinen and the Flames.
I know, I just couldn't resist haha. I agree though, it was said that when Sutter was around after a loss it felt like death. I think Sutter stepping down even has had a positive effect on the fans lol, because no one here is crying saying the season is over.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:01 PM
luckyirish83

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I know, I just couldn't resist haha. I agree though, it was said that when Sutter was around after a loss it felt like death. I think Sutter stepping down even has had a positive effect on the fans lol, because no one here is crying saying the season is over.
It was said also that when they would even win a game that they couldn't enjoy it because there was always something done wrong according to Sutter...and in return the players didn't find it enjoyable anymore to go to the rink. It was a very positive effect with him leaving, they are having more fun...and when they have more fun...their head is clearer...and when their head is clearer they can focus on playing a more detailed effective type of game...and when that happens it results in more goals and better defense...which results in more wins! Chain reaction it seems and its effected all the players...Jokinen inparticular.

VERY tight race but atleast its clear that these guys are not getting down anymore and are determined to get in the playoffs.

IF they don't end up making it to the post season, (though i'm confident in this NEW team that they will) I can say that they made one hell of an effort to make it.

Old
02-14-2011, 09:52 PM
luckyirish83

Just wanted to give a shout out to Jokinen since this is indeed the Jokinen thread.....

FOUR POINTS tonight so far!!!!
WOW!

Old
02-14-2011, 10:31 PM
GoFlames

Great to see Olli turn it around this season. He started out pretty mediocre (like the team in general in the middle of the season). He is having another great night tonight.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Unlimited Chequing
Hangin' in the dome

vCash: 5001
I honestly thing he could've gotten 5 had he not went down with that knee on knee.

Unlimited Chequing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 02:41 AM
Kaptah

Amongst the leagues centers, Jokinen is now 59th in salary and 26th on production.

Horrible signing

Kaptah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 03:58 AM
QnebO

Hello flames fans!

What is the situation of my countryman Jokinen? Is he serioisely injured?

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:36 AM
iggyman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
Hello flames fans!

What is the situation of my countryman Jokinen? Is he serioisely injured?
I dont think so. He was walking fine after so I think it was just a precautionary move.

iggyman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:50 AM
luckyirish83

I can't get enough of Jokinen this season! It's amazing to think that everyone was mad that he was signed back with the Flames.

He just keeps getting better and better every game and I am so pleased and happy for him that he turned himself around.

Those four points last night tied a Flames record to record the most points in one period. The last player to do so? Al Macinnis in 1991!

I heard that he is ok after after that knee on knee so it's safe to say "WHEEEEEW"

Old
02-16-2011, 09:52 PM
tfong

You guys are too optimistic:p the old joker making bad plays will comeback again.

Old
02-16-2011, 10:11 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
You guys are too optimistic:p the old joker making bad plays will comeback again.
Or are you the fan that nit picks every little thing Jokinen does wrong ready to jump on his back?

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:46 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Or are you the fan that nit picks every little thing Jokinen does wrong ready to jump on his back?
Until everyone realizes he is not a #1 center. I've simply built up too much dislike for joker since acquired. Good 2nd liner at a good caphit tho

Old
02-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Lunatik*

who is calling him a #1 center?

Old
02-16-2011, 11:03 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
who is calling him a #1 center?
You'd be surprised howmuch I hear it at the pubs lol

Old
02-16-2011, 11:10 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Until everyone realizes he is not a #1 center. I've simply built up too much dislike for joker since acquired. Good 2nd liner at a good caphit tho
And thats the problem with all this hate, people expect to much of him and use him as a scapegoat. But your right he is a good 2nd center at a good cap hit.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:10 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
You'd be surprised howmuch I hear it at the pubs lol
so you base opinions on what drunks in a pub say? brilliant plan