HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Jarred Tinordi

Old
02-12-2011, 04:48 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

vCash: 500
Nobody got a video of that huge hit by tinordi? Damn.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:58 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

http://www.windsorspitfires.com/vide...a41ce42b30ee47

hit at 2:48.

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 06:10 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 515
I was happy to see Leblanc and Tinordi in the pre-season. I think they can be good or us for a long time.
I say Leblanc goes to the ahl next season and Tinordi maybe

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 06:36 PM
jiboy
Patience

vCash: 306
Tinordi just got ranked 7th on the HF Top 10 drafted defenseman in the OHL..

"

7. Jarred Tinordi, London Knights (Montreal Canadiens, 1st round, 22nd overall, 2010)
48 GP, 0 G, 9 A, 9 PTS, 97 PIM

6'7, 212-pound left-shooting blueliner took about half a year adjusting to the OHL after leaving the US ranks, but he's become a solid rock on the developing Knights' blueline, increasing his importance to the squad in light of the Michael D'Orazio trade.

Tall, but not overly physical, Tinordi has worked diligently at improving his physical play and has quickly become one of the more reliable defensive defensemen in the league.

"

jiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:06 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Thanks for this

oh man poor Khoklachev that was a real solid hit by Tinordi

5"10 172 vs 6"7 215

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:33 AM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
Thanks for this

oh man poor Khoklachev that was a real solid hit by Tinordi

5"10 172 vs 6"7 215

No kidding. He almost had to get on his knees to hit him properly.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:53 AM
Skarjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1337 View Post
Tinordi just got ranked 7th on the HF Top 10 drafted defenseman in the OHL..

"

7. Jarred Tinordi, London Knights (Montreal Canadiens, 1st round, 22nd overall, 2010)
48 GP, 0 G, 9 A, 9 PTS, 97 PIM

6'7, 212-pound left-shooting blueliner took about half a year adjusting to the OHL after leaving the US ranks, but he's become a solid rock on the developing Knights' blueline, increasing his importance to the squad in light of the Michael D'Orazio trade.

Tall, but not overly physical, Tinordi has worked diligently at improving his physical play and has quickly become one of the more reliable defensive defensemen in the league.

"
That is really great to hear.

I think people may have had their expectations warped by Subban. Not every defenceman develops as fast as he has. Tinordi is probably going to join the team in a permanent role when he's around 23, so there's still lots of time for him to improve.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Taupy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
i have a feeling that both Leblanc and Tinordi picks will be regretted.

I'm not saying they will be bust but I don't think they're 1st rounder worthy, especially Leblanc, heck he's been pointless for 8 consecutive games now... in juniors!
So, what is his scouting report in those 8 games?

Taupy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:34 AM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
i have a feeling that both Leblanc and Tinordi picks will be regretted.

I'm not saying they will be bust but I don't think they're 1st rounder worthy, especially Leblanc, heck he's been pointless for 8 consecutive games now... in juniors!
It's sad that people think like this. I saw Tinordi in preseason, and although it was very obvious that he needed a lot of work, there were many things to like. I thought his vision and first pass were great, and his first step moving to his full glide was very impressive.

I don't know how many games you have seen either Leblanc or Tinordi play, but these two will be both serviceable Nhl'ers. Do I think Leblanc has first line potential? No, I don't. Do I think Tinordi will turn into Zdeno Chara? No, I don't.

However, both players should be solid assets for the Habs for years to come. Try to remember as well that Leblanc has played a lot of hockey this year, probably as much as 3x already as he played the entire year last year. And FFS people, please stop looking at hockeydb.com to draw all your conclusions about a prospect or player. Stats are not everything.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:25 AM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
It's sad that people think like this. I saw Tinordi in preseason, and although it was very obvious that he needed a lot of work, there were many things to like. I thought his vision and first pass were great, and his first step moving to his full glide was very impressive.

I don't know how many games you have seen either Leblanc or Tinordi play, but these two will be both serviceable Nhl'ers. Do I think Leblanc has first line potential? No, I don't. Do I think Tinordi will turn into Zdeno Chara? No, I don't.

However, both players should be solid assets for the Habs for years to come. Try to remember as well that Leblanc has played a lot of hockey this year, probably as much as 3x already as he played the entire year last year. And FFS people, please stop looking at hockeydb.com to draw all your conclusions about a prospect or player. Stats are not everything.
+1 I expected Leblanc to run out of gas in the second half of the season. He actually didn't play a lot of hockey last year and not just because it was NCAA but because he was injured too. He's played a lot this year though.

I like that he went to junior because this experience will prepare him to play pro next year with the Hamilton Bulldogs. There were a lot of people on here saying what a bust Patches was because Perron developed before he did. Now, I wouldn't trade Patches for Perron-plus because he brings everything that we need. The kid's a monster.

Both Leblanc and Tinordi, like Patches and Plekanec before them, are talented projects. I don't expect they will develop the quickest among their draft class that means we're going to have a few years where fans on this board will be shouting out "bust" every time their name is spoken because someone else in that draft will have progressed to NHL status before them.

I expect Leblanc's development to be like Plekanec's. He might need 2 years in the AHL before he earns a spot on the 3rd and 4th line. Like Plekanec, Leblanc will be able to start off his NHL career in the bottom 6 because he is so good defensively. Like Plekanec, I also think he has the work ethic and smarts to continue to upgrade his skills and become a better player. There were so many people on this board who thought Pleks was a career 3rd liner. In fact, they are probably the same people who now think Leblanc will be a career 3rd liner. I wonder if these people are actually Habs fan.

Tinordi will need 2 years in the AHL as well. This year is a learning experience for him. It is a big step up for him. He's already improved from the beginning of the year. Next year, we'll have a better sense of how he is improving and the kind of defenseman he can become.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

RIGHT NOW, he looks more like Peter Popovic than anything else. Actually, for the youngest...and for whoever saw Ryan O'Byrne play in Cornell he looks like him....but even O'Byrne was more physical at the same age. Doesn't mean he's not going to improve and all but this is what we were seeing right now which has to be dissapointing. Not sure why people are trying to downside this....if he'd be scoring, being physical, couple of KO's and all, we'd be ecstatic. He's not doing any of that but we'll "give him some time". Fine. Again, giving him some time is totally what needs to be done as far as as knowing how he'll really going to turn down to be....but this is not what we're talking about. We're assessing his play right now and it has to be subpar to what we thought he'd be given. And personnally, I'm not even talking about his offensive game which I have NO IDEA where people thought he'd have any....Going to London WAS the greatest thing to do in order to improve it....but not having it is not surprising...In last night game, we saw him going way more with the stick work than the body. His decision making was slow. The guy needs to be so much stronger in his lower body.

Same for Leblanc who, for me, didn't show me a top 6 quality at the Worlds but mostly a great 3rd liner to be. And for having seen a couple of Juniors game, I haven't seen dominate any of those games yet. Again....might not mean anything for the future, but at one point, you need to talk about the present...

And when you talk about the present, THIS YEAR, people have to be overly dissapointed by the work of our NCAA rookies. The place where we scout the most and where we pick the most, HAS to provide WAY MORE than a good steady play by Bennett. Understand that most of them were mid to late picks but at one point, all that energy that could translate into privileging a place than every other, has to pay off. I understand the "But Kristo was playing fine without getting a point" theory...but his goal was to improve his scoring AND his overall play.

Aside from that, I think we can be satisfy by Bournival, Gallagher and MacMillan. While his +/- doesn't indicate it, I think we can overly be fine with Ellis play as well.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 02:40 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
RIGHT NOW, he looks more like Peter Popovic than anything else. Actually, for the youngest...and for whoever saw Ryan O'Byrne play in Cornell he looks like him....but even O'Byrne was more physical at the same age. Doesn't mean he's not going to improve and all but this is what we were seeing right now which has to be dissapointing.

Same for Leblanc who, for me, didn't show me a top 6 quality at the Worlds but mostly a great 3rd liner to be. And for having seen a couple of Juniors game, I haven't seen dominate any of those games yet. Again....might not mean anything for the future, but at one point, you need to talk about the present...

Aside from that, I think we can be satisfy by Bournival, Gallagher and MacMillan. While his +/- doesn't indicate it, I think we can overly be fine with Ellis play as well.
Sadly I must say that I agree with you on both Tinordi and Leblanc. Right one looks as a solid 3rd pairing guy and the other a very good third liner. Tinordi reminds me of Gill but with much better skating ability, big guy, not physical, no offensive game, solid in his own end, great on the PK.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Box:
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...show/game/8040

Tinordi -1 & a slashing penalty, lackluster performance for a National broadcast.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

I will have to move on....but even if he'd be doing okay, I'm still frustrated about giving a 2nd rounder to move up 5 spots when there were, for me, more interesting players AT BOTH OF THESE SPOTS....As another RIGHT NOW moment, tell me you saw Charlie Coyle and Jon Merrill play and tell me you wouldn't be ecstatic, especially about Coyle...Or Kuznetsov....At 57, you want a defensive towering d-man...well you won't have a 6'7'', but you go with a 6'3'' in Johns...a steady all-around d-man who I'm sure will succeed in Danny Biega, an offensive d-man in Gauthier-Leduc....

So many choices for a raw pick, with qualities (size and genes) but still tons of ways to go. I know, I keep saying quality over quantity but frankly, I did not and still don't see how he's more a quality prospect than a whole lot of top 60 picks of that year....

But we will give him time. What we see now is not what he'll be able to give us. Unfortunately, and I have to say WHILE HE WASN'T AMONGST MY PICKS, we will see Coyle play and will be sad about it....And I pretty sure we will see ONE OF MY favorites in Merrill and also be sad as well....But it seems he was somewhat of a headcase and we KNOW how we hate those guys....

I'm wondering...over the changes we made lately, have we fired all of our US scouts? Who's still there? Cause we need to do better over there....

Old
02-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

There is a future of Jarred after all...

http://www.habsfuture.com/2011/02/kn...nordi-has.html

Old
02-18-2011, 03:22 PM
VanNistelrooy

Tinordi in AHL at 19?

The fact that Tinordi was drafted as a membre of the USNDP makes him elligible of playing in the AHL right now.

Since we seem to be pretty low in good prospect in D in Hamilton next year (It's not Petruic or St-Denis or even Klubertanz that will make it to the big leagues anytime soon), and the fact that we don't have many prospects d-mens ready to graduate to the AHL next year, except for maybe Stejskal, would you guys think that it would be a good idea to sign Tinordi and play him in Hamilton next year?

The guy is already playing 25-30 minutes a night in London this year and I don't see him improving defensively a whole lot next year in the O, I think this would be to consider.

Thoughts?

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 03:24 PM
TheBuriedHab

No. Hes not even dominating the O yet. He needs another year in London Imo.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 03:31 PM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
That kind of player will never dominate his league the way a guy like Subban can. He's already one of the best defensive defensemen in the league, I doubt he'll get better on d next year.

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Agree. Then he should put in at least 2 - 3 years in Hamilton, and slowly develop.

Habit11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 03:37 PM
katatoniak

No ... one more yea rin junior. Let him destroy junior player at 6'6'' 225 lbs

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Duff88

I think he would definitely benefit from one more year at junior level. It wouldn't even be a question for me.

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
The fact that Tinordi was drafted as a membre of the USNDP makes him elligible of playing in the AHL right now.

Since we seem to be pretty low in good prospect in D in Hamilton next year (It's not Petruic or St-Denis or even Klubertanz that will make it to the big leagues anytime soon), and the fact that we don't have many prospects d-mens ready to graduate to the AHL next year, except for maybe Stejskal, would you guys think that it would be a good idea to sign Tinordi and play him in Hamilton next year?

The guy is already playing 25-30 minutes a night in London this year and I don't see him improving defensively a whole lot next year in the O, I think this would be to consider.

Thoughts?
I think that would hurt his development. He's coming along well since midseason but definitely needs another year in Junior. i think he'll be a full time NHLer at 22 or 23 not earlier.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 03:56 PM
dd

Tinordi is nowhere near the pros!! He would look so lost!
As someone who watches OHL games: his play has shown that he definitely needs to get more hockey sense and would be unequivocally better off in London. He should stay there till his last year. 9 points in 50 junior games and a -5 is not "eye popping"!

dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 04:22 PM
ruski17

I wanna see Pateryn in the AHL before I see Tinordi. Let Tinordi develop in the O as long as he needs. No point of rushing him into the AHL, it's not like we are gonna need to call him up anytime soon!

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 04:27 PM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
That kind of player will never dominate his league the way a guy like Subban can. He's already one of the best defensive defensemen in the league, I doubt he'll get better on d next year.
No. Just no.

JimmyDarmody is offline   Reply With Quote