HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2011, 01:16 AM
  #451
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
I got these quotes from Edmonton board regarding Hemsky next contract:

1. Good question, how much do you pay an injury prone 2nd line RW?

Because that is what he will be for the duration of the deal. That is why he should be dealt.


2. If they sign Hemsky for 5.5 mil for 5 years I will murder the entire Oilers organization with a chair.


3. I am thinking zero dollars over no years.

We would have to be moronic idiots to sign an injury prone floater to a long term big dollar deal.

4. Better than a thousand hollow words, is four words that brings peace. "Hemsky has been traded". Amen my flock
Here's the thing, he's highly, highly skilled. Here's the catch, so are Hall, Eberle, and Paajarvi, Omark too if he improves his two way game. Then we also have Penner. How many top 6 wingers do we need long term? Say we had drafted Seguin and a d-man instead of Paajarvi or Eberle, suddenly he looks much more likely to be a key cog here long term. It'd be like if you guys had a #3 d-man that could be a #1 d-man on most teams and he wanted #1 D money, chances are that you'd be looking to move him to fill other holes in your lineup right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
But, but would you guys be willing to trade us Schenn + for Hemsky - signed 75% of Oiler fans on hfboards
I'm not greedy, you can take away the +

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
In fairness to Ales Hemsky.. Its probably pretty hard to NOT be a floater when you step on the ice every night knowing theres a 90% or higher chance that you're going to lose the hockey game..
Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
He sounds like a real winner and competitor
Easy to say this but he's been on a crappy team that doesn't stand up for him for far too long. He needs a change of scenery.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is online now  
Old
02-15-2011, 01:38 AM
  #452
northernKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,818
vCash: 500
Look for Philadelphia to probably move Zherdev and use the cap space to add a veteran dman. I for one wouldn't mind a creative sniper like Zherdev becoming a King.

northernKing is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 01:38 AM
  #453
Tonellisghost
CHILL WINSTON!
 
Tonellisghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: twillingate NFLD
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,720
vCash: 500
Here is another way to look at it.

Lets say you have this talented "highly highly skilled" player on your team and you are aware that you going to be rebuilding and doing so largely through the draft. So why do you go out and draft as many talented wingers as possible even over what you could need, especially knowing that you have your highly skilled winger?

Maybe you were just unlucky and in drafting the best player available all you ever ended up with where wingers.

Or maybe your gm knew that your highly skilled winger was showing signs of being a very fragile player and that you had better fill his role before he breaks for good.

Im just saying that these are also possibilities to what your saying. The thing is that everyone knows how talented Hemsky is but we all also know just how exceptionally fragile he has proven to be during his young career and that has lowered his value. More so to a Kings team who has done the often injured forward dance and knows how greatly it can kill a season.

Hemsky ends up being a nice player who you would want on your team but not as a player that you will rely on due to his injuries. He isn't worth a player like Schenn is to us by a very long shot as a result.

Tonellisghost is online now  
Old
02-15-2011, 01:43 AM
  #454
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,495
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Please Mr. Lombardi............


do absolutely nothing at the trade deadline.
Let other twams overpay and give away their 1st rounders for crap.

We had our chances and didn't make it.
Leave the team like it is and care about the problems within the organisation

Kurrilino is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 02:20 AM
  #455
Martyros
Registered User
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 5,276
vCash: 500
"Lombardi, don't overpay at the deadline"
"Lombardi, don't overpay at the free agent market"

Seriously, do some of you EXPECT a top forward to end up in our laps?
Sure, i wouldn't want to overpay for a Beauchimen or a Versteeg, but if it's someone like a Parise(who shouldn't be available) i'd have to CONSIDER overpaying for his services; quite frankly, it is nearly the last piece we need.
I'd overpay for Gaborik as long as Schenn is not involved.

Voynov+Poni/Richardson+Parse+2011 1st

Gives New York 2 roster players, 1 prospect ready for the NHL, and a good asset that would hopefully be the 30th pick. I'd say that's FAIR value, it's not even overpaying yet.

Martyros is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 02:24 AM
  #456
CBGB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
Look for Philadelphia to probably move Zherdev and use the cap space to add a veteran dman. I for one wouldn't mind a creative sniper like Zherdev becoming a King.
Yes you would. The term "turd in a punchbowl" comes to mind. Read Gare Joyce's book "future greats and heartbreaks". Not too many kind things said about the boy.

CBGB is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 02:37 AM
  #457
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Josh Deitell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
Yes you would. The term "turd in a punchbowl" comes to mind. Read Gare Joyce's book "future greats and heartbreaks". Not too many kind things said about the boy.
Wasn't that Chistov? Or did he dog Zherdev, too?

Josh Deitell is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 04:39 AM
  #458
cikiri
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
Yes you would. The term "turd in a punchbowl" comes to mind. Read Gare Joyce's book "future greats and heartbreaks". Not too many kind things said about the boy.
The most interesting Kings tidbit in that book was Jakub Voracek telling Joyce that DL visited him in the locker room after a game which apparently is against the rules...

Still don't understand how DL could pass on him.

cikiri is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 09:07 AM
  #459
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator
 
saintsnsoldiers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Logan, Utah
Country: United States
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
All this Hemsky talk is crap. He has never scored more then 23 goals. All he has proven is that he cant play a full season and can't score over 20 goals consistently. Id rather pay Fro 2 mill. Oilers think they can get Simmonds a 1st and a pick, shoot I don't wont him on this team period.

saintsnsoldiers is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 10:01 AM
  #460
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
"Lombardi, don't overpay at the deadline"
"Lombardi, don't overpay at the free agent market"

Seriously, do some of you EXPECT a top forward to end up in our laps?
Sure, i wouldn't want to overpay for a Beauchimen or a Versteeg, but if it's someone like a Parise(who shouldn't be available) i'd have to CONSIDER overpaying for his services; quite frankly, it is nearly the last piece we need.
I'd overpay for Gaborik as long as Schenn is not involved.

Voynov+Poni/Richardson+Parse+2011 1st

Gives New York 2 roster players, 1 prospect ready for the NHL, and a good asset that would hopefully be the 30th pick. I'd say that's FAIR value, it's not even overpaying yet.
When a team acquires a top forward in one of these deals, let us know.

KINGS17 is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 10:57 AM
  #461
kingdoughty
Registered User
 
kingdoughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 719
vCash: 500
DL wont overpay for **** all of u guys know this

kingdoughty is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 11:02 AM
  #462
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 25,581
vCash: 1527
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
All this Hemsky talk is crap. He has never scored more then 23 goals. All he has proven is that he cant play a full season and can't score over 20 goals consistently. Id rather pay Fro 2 mill. Oilers think they can get Simmonds a 1st and a pick, shoot I don't wont him on this team period.
He is a good playmaker and I think, if he were to stay healthy, he could turn Kopitar into a 40 goal scorer, but it all comes down to price. I would give our first and a defensive prospect and/or pick, probably not Simmonds though unless they are willing to take some salary from us and add Penner to the mix.

__________________

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is online now  
Old
02-15-2011, 11:39 AM
  #463
Duc620
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Zherdev is the antithisis of every thing Lombardi.
Maybe the room can handle that kind of talent without a problem now?

Duc620 is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 11:56 AM
  #464
Tikkanen
Pest
 
Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,287
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
He is a good playmaker and I think, if he were to stay healthy, he could turn Kopitar into a 40 goal scorer, but it all comes down to price. I would give our first and a defensive prospect and/or pick, probably not Simmonds though unless they are willing to take some salary from us and add Penner to the mix.
Yah, I'm in agreement. I think the thought process with Hemsky and Penner is we'll "take them off your hands". The whole NHL knows what's going on in Edmonton, those 2 players don't fit, the Oilers have a lot of young talent and another high draft pick again this year. Draft picks, prospects, bottom 6 forwards only.

Tikkanen is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 12:01 PM
  #465
tomd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Yah, I'm in agreement. I think the thought process with Hemsky and Penner is we'll "take them off your hands". The whole NHL knows what's going on in Edmonton, those 2 players don't fit, the Oilers have a lot of young talent and another high draft pick again this year. Draft picks, prospects, bottom 6 forwards only.
just curious...why don't those two players fit?

Penner is their only forward with size and is leading them in scoring.

Hemsky is their most talented player.

They are both under 30 and on reasonable contracts.

What am I missing here? It's like saying that Kopitar and Doughty don't fit here...odd.

tomd is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 12:09 PM
  #466
Tikkanen
Pest
 
Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,287
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
just curious...why don't those two players fit?

Penner is their only forward with size and is leading them in scoring.

Hemsky is their most talented player.

They are both under 30 and on reasonable contracts.

What am I missing here? It's like saying that Kopitar and Doughty don't fit here...odd.
Edmonton seems to be going with a total rebuild. I'm simply saying I don't think NHL teams are lining up to over bid for either players services. If Edmonton wants to move them they won't be getting a "Kings ransom". If they want to keep them, great, thus the "we'll take them off your hands" reference. Comparing Hemsky and Penner to Doughty and Kopitar is ludicrous though.

Tikkanen is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 12:18 PM
  #467
santiclaws
Registered User
 
santiclaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
just curious...why don't those two players fit?

Penner is their only forward with size and is leading them in scoring.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Penner is something of a toy poodle.

santiclaws is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 12:18 PM
  #468
riznat
Registered User
 
riznat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,575
vCash: 500
I do not want Hemsky at all, I can't say that I WANT Penner but I would be ok with us giving up our first and someone like Teubert for him.

Hes not an exciting flashy player but he would fit with our long term plans, does score goals and brings good size. One thing I like about him is that he is durable. I think it would be a good trade for us.

riznat is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 12:25 PM
  #469
tomd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Edmonton seems to be going with a total rebuild. I'm simply saying I don't think NHL teams are lining up to over bid for either players services. If Edmonton wants to move them they won't be getting a "Kings ransom". If they want to keep them, great, thus the "we'll take them off your hands" reference. Comparing Hemsky and Penner to Doughty and Kopitar is ludicrous though.
yes, my comparison was ludicrous and was meant to be.

You are talking about their two best veteran players. To think that Edmonton managment would display such poor asset management by giving them away at bargain prices is wishful thinking at best.

I suspect that Edmonton has made it known to prospective buyers what the selling price would consist of. Given the buyer/seller ratio, they would be crazy to lowball their own players right now. Even if they did, they would still have to worry about reaching the salary cap floor which would be an issue if $8 million in cap space disappeared without meaningful salaries coming back their way.

tomd is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 12:31 PM
  #470
northernKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
Yes you would. The term "turd in a punchbowl" comes to mind. Read Gare Joyce's book "future greats and heartbreaks". Not too many kind things said about the boy.
Not since I was a young boy years ago have I put too much stock in what one person thinks. People need to realize that not all teams are built with the same type of players/personalities. Yes I am aware that Zherdev can be lazy and sometimes floats, but he is also one of the top talents in the NHL when he plays and he has more game breaking ability than any LA forward not named Kopitar. He has a lethal shot and very good one on one moves. Yes he sometimes plays individually but after seeing guys like Smyth and Stoll dump and chase all night this would be a welcome change IMO.

We posters sometimes put too much stock in what others say. I remember when guys like Pierre McGuire were calling Olli Jokinen a cancer. Yet in the last 10 game stretch that CGY has been on fire Jokinen has been awesome for them going 3-10-13

Is Zherdev the final piece? NO but one a team that leads the NHL with lowest goals against and has only one gamebreaker up front he woulded be a nice addition for a marginal price.

northernKing is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 12:34 PM
  #471
northernKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
I do not want Hemsky at all, I can't say that I WANT Penner but I would be ok with us giving up our first and someone like Teubert for him.

Hes not an exciting flashy player but he would fit with our long term plans, does score goals and brings good size. One thing I like about him is that he is durable. I think it would be a good trade for us.
I too favor Penner over Hemsky mainly because he has been healthier and having played in CA before he would be more likely to be signed when his contract is up.

northernKing is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 12:43 PM
  #472
Cook24
Registered User
 
Cook24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,995
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Things seems quiet again, a little too quiet.

Cook24 is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 12:45 PM
  #473
Tikkanen
Pest
 
Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,287
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
yes, my comparison was ludicrous and was meant to be.

You are talking about their two best veteran players. To think that Edmonton managment would display such poor asset management by giving them away at bargain prices is wishful thinking at best.

I suspect that Edmonton has made it known to prospective buyers what the selling price would consist of. Given the buyer/seller ratio, they would be crazy to lowball their own players right now. Even if they did, they would still have to worry about reaching the salary cap floor which would be an issue if $8 million in cap space disappeared without meaningful salaries coming back their way.
They wont get any more than what Versteeg brought back.

Tikkanen is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 12:52 PM
  #474
tomd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
They wont get any more than what Versteeg brought back.
So noted but if that were the case they would be traded by now.

tomd is offline  
Old
02-15-2011, 12:59 PM
  #475
Duc620
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Following up - what is the poison that is Zherdev? Opinions?

Duc620 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.