HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XI

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Orenji

vCash: 500
The Thrashers D isn't good, but it looks like Thrashers blame more of the losses on their goalies than their defense.

Their goaltending isn't very good at all. After his hot start, Pavelec has been mediocre/below average.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Duc620

Another consideration is our current stock of veteran D. IF we get Bogosian, who among our D might tempt a certain East Coast team (with an injured wing) that is looking for vet D and maybe a goaltender?

Is there a Kings Vet D who might want to return East?

Is there a young Kings goaltender who might like to be mentored by a legend?

Old
02-16-2011, 12:54 PM
lafan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
It strikes me as a serious dumpster dive. The Kings are fighting for their playoff lives and the GM goes out and gets a player who has SUCKED for years now. It would be a blow to the locker room and a blow to Lombardi's reputation.
http://www.sharksahl.com/team/Stats.asp

He is leading his AHL team in assists, pts, and shots on goal and ppg's...So he's prolly in game shape. his shooting % isnt very impressive, but we all know how LA wants people to be more selfish and shoot the puck so we can get those "dirty" goals on rebounds and tips.
His -7 +/- is frightening though... Think LA should keep looking, see if any prices drop closer to the deadline, pick up cheechoo @ last minute when there is no roster limit. At worst, he is some insurance if someone gets injured or cant handle playoff hockey... He could be our 10/11 version of Fredrik Modin

Old
02-16-2011, 12:56 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Should not be a problem.
Exactly, who else would want him? Heck, he's not exactly playing lights out in the AHL, let alone the NHL. I agree with whoever said that it would do more harm than help in the locker room and for DL's rep. You can't go out and talk big names for a future LA King LW and then end up with Cheechoo. That's worse than anything he has done to date IMO. Yeah, he won't cost much, but who cares? We should be finished with the dumpster dive projects.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Who else would want him is exactly the reason Cheechoo should never be considered to play on this team.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Orenji

We're not getting Bogosian. Why? WHY?

There is absolutely NO CHANCE he comes to us. A team like the Avalanche, who are ten points out of the playoffs, and actually need defense help desperately for the future, will give a better package than the King could. The Kings would not give up good roster players to get Bogosian. The Avalanche would.

We have Doughty. We have Johnson. We have two young #1 defensemen on our team. Can't we be happy with that? We need offensive help; if we're going to ship off key assets, let it be for a top line player and not another young #1 defenseman.

I actually forgot Forbort. That's another guy who is said to have the potential to be a #1 defensemen in two-three years.

It won't happen because teams who have no young good defensemen and are out of the playoff hunt like the Oilers and Avalanche will be giving great packages while all we can give is some nice prospects and picks at best.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:59 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
Another consideration is our current stock of veteran D. IF we get Bogosian, who among our D might tempt a certain East Coast team (with an injured wing) that is looking for vet D and maybe a goaltender?

Is there a Kings Vet D who might want to return East?

Is there a young Kings goaltender who might like to be mentored by a legend?
LOL. So you want to trade who exactly for Bogo?

And THEN you want to trade Scuds and Bernier and whatever for Parise & Brodeur?

Talk about your long shots. Did you get enough sleep last night?

Old
02-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Thrashers are 26th in GA and middle of the pack offensively, so they arguably need defensive help as well.
I'd like to point out how much I appreciate Broduer and his posts.

Old
02-16-2011, 01:02 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Why no Moller instead? I mean I know that it is always seen as being more productive when a GM goes outside of their own team but Moller has done his time and earned his shot at being on the team. If we are going to go after a player like CheeChoo which I know CBGB is right about, then there is absolutely room to give one of our own prospects a shot.

Sends the right message and keeps a promise.

Old
02-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Sends the right message and keeps a promise.
Evita would approve!

Old
02-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Orenji

If we get Cheechoo, do we get the rights to train noises at all home games?

Old
02-16-2011, 01:09 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
A former executive with T.B. flat out told me they would have picked Bogosian over Doughty had they not gotten Stamkos.

Considering Atlanta would probably want to move him west, Voynov would be a solid beginning. Add a draft pick, and he'd be a fricken STEAL for the Kings.

And yes, Cheechoo is a Dean Lombardi type player and a "right fit" and would be a nice addition for the playoff run, and cheap. This came from someone in the organ-eye-zation this morning.

Not sure if he'd have to clear waivers though.
So.... a Tampa Bay executive who lost his job and was bad at assessing talent is a reason the Kings should go for Bogo?

Dean has had chance after chance to acquire Cheechoo. Has he been waiting until he has fallen so far off the map that everyone else forgot that he exists before making him a King? I mean, there is buying low and selling high, and then there is John ****ing useless Cheechoo.

BTW, I'm not knocking your information. I'm knocking the fact that there is such information out there.

Color me ****ing pissed if Dean goes after Cheechoo. I agree with Tonelli, Moller >> Cheechoo every day.

Old
02-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Vortex

Not that we're actually going to get him, but Cheechoo? are you f'ing kidding me?

Where are the 'puking' or 'steaming pile of crap' smilies when you need them.

Old
02-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
Not that we're actually going to get him, but Cheechoo? are you f'ing kidding me?

Where are the 'puking' or 'steaming pile of crap' smilies when you need them.

I've recently seen one for a steaming pile of crap with flies around it. I'm still looking..........

EDIT: Not quite what I thought I saw, but........

Old
02-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
LOL. So you want to trade who exactly for Bogo?

And THEN you want to trade Scuds and Bernier and whatever for Parise & Brodeur?

Talk about your long shots. Did you get enough sleep last night?
Didn't make myself clear, notice the "IF". IF we do get Bogosian (whatever that takes).

THEN we may have another option that fills our offensive need. That option COULD include a veteran D from the Kings and Bernier and something else in the prospect or pick pool going to NJ for Parise, alone. Scuderi is one example of our D. There are others.

Brodeur would stay in NJ.

Old
02-16-2011, 01:42 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Man Barry really gets some of you riled up

Old
02-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
So.... a Tampa Bay executive who lost his job and was bad at assessing talent is a reason the Kings should go for Bogo?
Well, I think the idea was that Bogosian and Doughty were both held in very high regard. DL spent times with both guys with their families, so there is familiarity there. Even if the Kings don't need another defenseman, they could be interested if for some reason it was a buy low opportunity.

But I imagine the Thrashers will still want a hefty return since they're still in the playoff hunt. If I were Atlanta, I'd still need to get a defender capable of 20 minutes if I were dealing Bogosian. I suppose they could deal Bogosian for a forward and Bergfors for a D.

Something like.....

CBJ: Bogosian
ATL: Filatov

MIN: Bergfors
ATL: Barker

Jackets and Thrashers exchange highly drafted '08 guys who maybe could use a change of scenery.

Dudley was in the Chicago front office when they had Barker, so perhaps he still sees some offensive upside there. Minnesota gets some more offensive depth and Barker isn't really doing anything for them.

Ladd-Peveley-Little
Kane-Antropov-Stewart
Filatov-Burmistrov-Thorburn
Boulton-Cormier-Machacek

Enstrom-Byfuglien
Hainsey-Oduya
Barker-Sopel

Pavelec
Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
I'd like to point out how much I appreciate Broduer and his posts.

If only the ladies felt the same way

Old
02-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

**** cheechoo but if anyone thinks Moller will do anything but get killed come playoff time, you're mistaken imo

Old
02-16-2011, 02:07 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
i completely agree. if anything, a Jonathan Cheechoo acquisition would effectively signal the end of either Brad Richardson or Scott Parse... perhaps even both, considering one of those two are not likely to be seen wearing a Kings practice jersey this summer.

Old
02-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Watching Cheechoo and Smyth chase down a loose puck will be like watching pickles race down a window like in Tommy Boy or whatever Farley/Spade movie that is in.

Old
02-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Watching Cheechoo and Smyth chase down a loose puck will be like watching pickles race down a window like in Tommy Boy or whatever Farley/Spade movie that is in.
I thought that was in Billy Madison?

Old
02-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Anyone else think we should go after someone like Chris Neil? Ottawa is having a firesale...Neil would be a perfect fit for the 4th line RW role. No more Westgarth also. The guy has a crapload of playoff experience.

I love Richardson, but we have Lewis who plays almost the same game as him.

Richardson for Neil

Handzus-Kopitar-Simmonds
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Clifford-Loktionov-Brown
Poni-Lewis-Neil

Or is Clifford>Neil? lol

Old
02-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

If, and this is a big if, the Kings do happen to trade Simmonds in a deal to acquire Hemsky, I imagine the Kings will focus attempt to re-sign Williams and possibly shift Brown to a third line role, giving the Kings a deeper look in the lineup.

Handzus-Kopitar-Hemsky
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Clifford-Loktionov-Brown
Ponikarovsky-Lewis-Westgarth/Richardson

Once Sturm is healthy, he could be inserted back onto the top line and Handzus can be used as a 3rd line LW to go with Loktionov and Brown, sliding Clifford to the fourth line.

Old
02-16-2011, 03:56 PM
SuperAlmeida

We should try to sign Patrick Thoresen this summer. He wants a return to the NHL, and has put up great numbers in the KHL. He can play both C and LW. Thoresen has 60 points (27G & 33A) in 51 games for Salavat Yulaev this season. Last season he had 57 points (24G & 33A) in 56 games. I believe he would be a nice fit in our team. Btw. he had two assists today. Flyers don't own his rights anymore.

Old
02-16-2011, 03:56 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post

I've recently seen one for a steaming pile of crap with flies around it. I'm still looking..........

EDIT: Not quite what I thought I saw, but........

Closed Thread