HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XI

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2011, 01:21 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

vCash: 500
Simmonds is having a pretty ****** year

Old
02-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Most want Hemsky to retire an Oiler.
What a foolish notion. Don't those guys know that Oilers retire as Kings? They can't go against decades of evolution

I like Hemsky, his production reminds of me of Gaborik's, only he specializes in assists He is one point behind Penner for the team lead in points, yet he has 16-17 fewer games than his counterparts... The guy knows how to play hockey. I think sunny California can be good for his health, I say pull the trigger.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-17-2011, 01:25 PM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Simmonds is having a pretty ****** year
That is why Edmonton has asked for Schenn, they see Simmonds as a castoff

Old
02-17-2011, 01:29 PM
HeadInjury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Prove it my little bunny friend. And it takes more than saying the Kings are interested in someone. Anyone can say that.

Old
02-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Trivia time. Who were the three Oilers to touch the puck after the infamous Patrik Stefan blunder that led to the tying goal?

Answer: Jarret Stoll (assist), Ryan Smyth (assist), Ales Hemsky (goal).

See, he can score clutch goals We can have three of the Oilers' forwards from their finals run, the trifecta!

I wonder if a Smyth-Stoll-Hemsky line could still work...

Old
02-17-2011, 01:41 PM
northernKing

My .02

I don't think its coincidence that Simmonds has picked his game up of late since his name has been mentioned in trade rumors. Going back to last yr when he was rumored to be part of the Kovy deal he seems to get his intensity back when he feels he may be moved. Sure he may enjoy the LA nightlife a little too much but he's young and making good money so can we really blame a young kid for partying (if rumors are true) Fact is he loves playing in LA which seems to be a trait not many UFA's seem to have.

My only real problem with moving Simmonds for Hemsky is that we are giving up a solid 3rd liner who still has 2nd line potential for a guy who may only be a King for this season and next. IMO LA is not a Cup contender and should look for this type of move next season when they are more suited for a longer playoff run AND we get another year of developement out of all our yyoungsters.

If LA were to move Simmonds I would much prefer a guy like Weiss or Booth who have more term on their deal or Penner who has lived in California before and may be more likely to sign an extension. EDM fans would love Simmonds as he brings alot of what is lacking in EDM. They have some VERY good young talent and Simmonds fits the age group and his crash and bang style isn't something EDM has in spades.

Hemsky would surely help LA and he is a underrated playmaker IMO. However I also think LA needs to hold onto Simmonds and let his game develop more. I would like to see atleast one full season of a Clifford-Schenn-Simmonds 3rd line.

Old
02-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
My .02

I don't think its coincidence that Simmonds has picked his game up of late since his name has been mentioned in trade rumors. Going back to last yr when he was rumored to be part of the Kovy deal he seems to get his intensity back when he feels he may be moved. Sure he may enjoy the LA nightlife a little too much but he's young and making good money so can we really blame a young kid for partying (if rumors are true) Fact is he loves playing in LA which seems to be a trait not many UFA's seem to have.

My only real problem with moving Simmonds for Hemsky is that we are giving up a solid 3rd liner who still has 2nd line potential for a guy who may only be a King for this season and next. IMO LA is not a Cup contender and should look for this type of move next season when they are more suited for a longer playoff run AND we get another year of developement out of all our yyoungsters.

If LA were to move Simmonds I would much prefer a guy like Weiss or Booth who have more term on their deal or Penner who has lived in California before and may be more likely to sign an extension.

I concur.

Old
02-17-2011, 01:44 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Answer: Jarret Stoll (assist), Ryan Smyth (assist), Ales Hemsky (goal).

See, he can score clutch goals We can have three of the Oilers' forwards from their finals run, the trifecta!

I wonder if a Smyth-Stoll-Hemsky line could still work...
Williams might get pretty upset having to play with Angie Perimitar.

Old
02-17-2011, 01:46 PM
swany

Best from Hemsky 06 cup run VS Detriot game 6 2 goals to lead us over the Wings.

Old
02-17-2011, 01:57 PM
nki

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
That would imply TM doesn't put Brown back on the top line.

Old
02-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
Best from Hemsky 06 cup run VS Detriot game 6 2 goals to lead us over the Wings.
You mean this? Very electric. I love seeing Stoll and Smyth in there in the beginning too Liking what I am seeing.

Old
02-17-2011, 02:20 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysauce View Post

Hemsky will also put your PP over the top with the mobile defense you have (DD, JJ.)
We are going to have to pry it (the PP) loose from the half-boards first

Quote:
My .02

Hemsky would surely help LA and he is a underrated playmaker IMO. However I also think LA needs to hold onto Simmonds and let his game develop more. I would like to see atleast one full season of a Clifford-Schenn-Simmonds 3rd line.
This is the kind of thinking I just dont understand. Lets wait to make our team better when we can make the deal now and improve our chances right away. If you are always waiting for the perfect time, you are left waiting more often than not. If we can trade Simmer + prospect/pick for Hemsky, and the plus isnt Lokti or SchennI say pull the trigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
LMFAO

Old
02-17-2011, 02:25 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
My .02

If LA were to move Simmonds I would much prefer a guy like Weiss or Booth who have more term on their deal or Penner who has lived in California before and may be more likely to sign an extension. EDM fans would love Simmonds as he brings alot of what is lacking in EDM. They have some VERY good young talent and Simmonds fits the age group and his crash and bang style isn't something EDM has in spades.

In terms of skill set, those guys don't bring much to LA that we don't basically have already. We need some shiftiness, some finesse, some skill in our top 6. We have enough north-south players.

And Booth is much more risky than Hemsky IMO. Four concussions in the last year and a half? No thanks.

Old
02-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysauce View Post
Oiler fan here,

If the Kings pick up Hemmer, you have to play him with Smyth. They had unreal Chem as line mates in Edm. Kopitar would be a great Centre between the two. One thing that may frusterate you is Hemmer doesn't shoot nearly enough. Kopitar is shooter (hope I am right) so that is great news.You have a guy that can battle in front and pick up the garbage (Smytty) and a big Centre in Kopi than can bury Hemskys thread the needle type passes. Hemsky will also put your PP over the top with the mobile defense you have (DD, JJ.)

All I ask is if you play the Nucks again, I want a Sedin smashed by Dustin Brown. (i.e Brown on Cooke a few years ago)
Now that's a problem.

Old
02-17-2011, 02:29 PM
santiclaws

Acquiring Hemsky doesn't make a world of sense to me. What this team needs desperately is a shoot-first, Cammalleri type. Hemsky sure as hell is not that. A lot of people think that he would be good with Perimitar, because Perimitar would turn into a shooter in this scenario. I have grave doubts about AK's ability to reinvent himself.

Old
02-17-2011, 02:38 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
Acquiring Hemsky doesn't make a world of sense to me. What this team needs desperately is a shoot-first, Cammalleri type. Hemsky sure as hell is not that. A lot of people think that he would be good with Perimitar, because Perimitar would turn into a shooter in this scenario. I have grave doubts about AK's ability to reinvent himself.
Why? KOPI is totally coachable. He has already reinvented himself once in his young career to be a defensive player. Give him an all star playmaker and I bet you see kopi's goal totals skyrocket.

Old
02-17-2011, 02:54 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Why? KOPI is totally coachable. He has already reinvented himself once in his young career to be a defensive player. Give him an all star playmaker and I bet you see kopi's goal totals skyrocket.
Well, considering he can't seem to be coached to go to the slot in the offensive zone...

Old
02-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
With Hemsky on the 1st line, Kopitar would become the shooter and could be a 40 goal scorer with a full season of Hemsky.

Trading a 3rd liner and a bottom pairing defenseman for a 1st liner should happen, but I bet Edmonton is holding out for Schenn. As we get closer to the deadline, we will find out if Simmonds and Teubert is enough.

Last edited by Sydor25: 02-17-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old
02-17-2011, 02:59 PM
johnjm22

Kopitar is a better scorer than playmaker IMO. Hemsky is perfect fit in terms of playing style.

Old
02-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDankness View Post
If Simmonds is the major piece in a deal that gets us Hemsky, the Kings should go for it. We immediately become softer but we also stop being offensively retarded.
Then we go acquire a Neil type before the deadline to augment our toughness, its not rocket science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Absolutely. Everyone using the "Hemsky's only scored 23 goalz!" argument overlooks this routinely.

Old
02-17-2011, 03:00 PM
wicker

Those who don't want Simmonds traded have to understand that he is a likely candidate to leave also because of the cap. He will need to be re-signed to something like 2-2.7 million per year for a few years, and if the guys that are coming back have years on their contracts as well, then the team is going to be up against the cap next season.

If Simmonds goes, I'm hoping it means that Williams is going to re-sign (that Lombardi is very close to getting a deal done). If it is for Hemsky, and Williams for whatever reason doesn't re-sign, then you go with Hemsky and Brown next year, and hope that you can lock up Hemsky for a few more years.

The cap plays a big part in all of this, so that's why supposed trades for Gaborik and whoever else are very unrealistic.

Old
02-17-2011, 03:01 PM
wicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Kopitar is a better scorer than playmaker IMO. Hemsky is perfect fit in terms of playing style.
Yeah, they might work well together. If you can't get a sniper, then you get a playmaker that can set up Kopi to shoot more, since he is a scorer.

Old
02-17-2011, 03:03 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Sucks to lose Simmonds and Tuebert, but at some point you need to upgrade your top 6. Hemsky would be a nice addition, but I don't like his contract.

By the way, I like trading with the Oilers. Seems we do well every time. Just off the top of my head...

The Gretzky trade, probably saved the franchise.

Lubo trade, we got a stay at home defenseman and a decent center.

The O'Sullivan Trade, Oilers made it happen, we got Williams in return.

Old
02-17-2011, 03:06 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
We used to have a guy, . . . , wait, oh never mind!

Old
02-17-2011, 03:09 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Sucks to lose Simmonds and Tuebert, but at some point you need to upgrade your top 6. Hemsky would be a nice addition, but I don't like his contract.
Tuebert is worthless

Edit: maybe not worthless, but the loss wont be felt at all with our depth of defenseman in the system

Closed Thread