HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Versteeg for Cody Hodgson

Old
02-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

vCash: 500
Hodgson to Toronto thread # 1967

Brock Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
$2-2.5mill.

The Canucks already have 3 of them who are all either better than, or equal to Versteeg in any case, with Burrows, Raymond and Samuelsson.

You don't want Versteeg in a 3rd line role at that salary... and it doesn't make much sense to have one of the above, at their salaries, in a 3rd line role either.

The Canucks don't need Versteeg, because he doesn't really upgrade any of the current top-6 wingers the team has (Daniel, Burrows, Raymond, Samuelsson), and even if you argue he does, is whatever upgrade he possibly brings worth your organization's top prospect?

I am curious though - how many Leafs fans, even if their team was a contender right now, would even consider a Raymond for Kadri swap? The values are pretty much equal here.

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

How has Hodgson been in Manitoba this year? He got called up recently right?

Brock Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:34 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Counter offer: Raymond for Kessel
hmmmm..... what's your interest here? I would agree to this deal so long as we had a standing agreement with the Oilers to ship them Raymond for Hall and Eberle immediately following our transaction with Vancouver.

This way everyone is happy, we get 2 firsts back, vancouver upgrades on the wing, and the Oilers get a player that they obviously value very highly.

thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Gardiner Express
#TankNation

seriously... what kinda ****** offer is this... versteeg is worth waaay more than that

Gardiner Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:38 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Axel View Post
How has Hodgson been in Manitoba this year? He got called up recently right?
He played 5 games with the Canucks and was just sent back down... played on the 4th line center spot... got about 8-10 mins/game... put up 1 goal, 1 assist... he was fairly decent, but is miscast in a 4th line role... doesn't bring any physical presence (obviously for a 20 YO rookie), but was good positionally and didn't make many mistakes... was pretty good on the forecheck as well.

Overall, he's just not a 4th liner, but isn't ready to fill a top-9 role full-time on a contending club... the organization wants to bring him along slowly, so I'm guessing he'll spend the rest of the year in Manitoba (barring injuries).

In the AHL, he's been hot and cold... had an excellent hot streak where he was scoring every game it seemed... and 2 cold streaks before and after, both when coming back from injuries... overall 10 goals, 16 pts in 28 games in the AHL.

He remains the Canucks best prospect (with Tanev and Lack shooting up the depth chart as well).

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:05 AM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetFoxes View Post
Pass. The Canucks need a real first line player to play with Kesler, not a minor upgrade, if any at all, on Raymond/Samuelsson. ie. we have enough second/third line tweeners. This would simply be a step sideways. And if we're adding playoff experience, it will come in the form of a respected veteran, not a disliked former rival.
I can absolutley tell you that Versteeg is a HUGE UPGRADE TO HODGESON!!!!

I hate Versteeg more than any Leaf player...But I don't let my Homerism get the best of me like you do!!!

Have you ever been a GM????...seriously NO MATTER WHAT YOU AND I SAY.....It means ****!....Here is one for the ages!!!! 30 GM's right now have a choice of Versteeg....or Hodgeson! Which one can help thier team for the next 5 years??????

Sorry that I think like a GM...not like an HFer....get over that he is the next of what ever the **** he is....he's not the next of anything!!!!

OlderTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:25 AM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
He played 5 games with the Canucks and was just sent back down... played on the 4th line center spot... got about 8-10 mins/game... put up 1 goal, 1 assist... he was fairly decent, but is miscast in a 4th line role... doesn't bring any physical presence (obviously for a 20 YO rookie), but was good positionally and didn't make many mistakes... was pretty good on the forecheck as well.

Overall, he's just not a 4th liner, but isn't ready to fill a top-9 role full-time on a contending club... the organization wants to bring him along slowly, so I'm guessing he'll spend the rest of the year in Manitoba (barring injuries).

In the AHL, he's been hot and cold... had an excellent hot streak where he was scoring every game it seemed... and 2 cold streaks before and after, both when coming back from injuries... overall 10 goals, 16 pts in 28 games in the AHL.

He remains the Canucks best prospect (with Tanev and Lack shooting up the depth chart as well).
9 Teams passed him over...does that tell you something?

Old
02-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderTimer View Post

I hate Versteeg more than any Leaf player...But I don't let my Homerism get the best of me like you do!!!
Have you ever been a GM????...seriously NO MATTER WHAT YOU AND I SAY.....It means ****!....Here is one for the ages!!!! 30 GM's right now have a choice of Versteeg....or Hodgeson! Which one can help thier team for the next 5 years??????
Sorry that I think like a GM...not like an HFer....get over that he is the next of what ever the **** he is....he's not the next of anything!!!!
LMAO ok old timer, where did this magical # of 5 years come about?

Anyways, enough kool-aid for you tonight old timer.

For all the posters who think like this old timer please see NFITO's post, mkay? thanks.

Quote:
$2-2.5mill. (cap hit)
The Canucks already have 3 of them who are all either better than, or equal to Versteeg in any case, with Burrows, Raymond and Samuelsson.

You don't want Versteeg in a 3rd line role at that salary... and it doesn't make much sense to have one of the above, at their salaries, in a 3rd line role either.

The Canucks don't need Versteeg, because he doesn't really upgrade any of the current top-6 wingers the team has (Daniel, Burrows, Raymond, Samuelsson), and even if you argue he does, is whatever upgrade he possibly brings worth your organization's top prospect?

I am curious though - how many Leafs fans, even if their team was a contender right now, would even consider a Raymond for Kadri swap? The values are pretty much equal here.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:28 AM
MattyMontana

OP please give it a fricking rest. You only make both fanbases hate each other even more with this insane thread which can only go one way... down in flames.

How about we don't ask about Hodgson anymore and you guys give up on slagging Versteeg/Kabs etc ...and we call it a day nuck fans?

I'm a hardcore old school leaf fan and I would love to have CH on the team but it quite simply isn't going to happen. Enough said and end of story.

Now lets get back to the normal squabbling between Leaf and Baaswton fans about the value of Kabs and how much boston thinks he sucks and how little the think they owuld have to give up to acquire him.

MattyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:30 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
your an idiot!

29 teams passed over Zetterberg 6 times! Does that make Versteeg better than him too.

The only GM you think like is that loud mouth you guys have running your show.

Versteeg is a 3rd liner on your sad sack club....pound sand while we let our prospects develop and you trade yours for overpaid 3rd liners.

Grab a clue. No GM's trade their top prospect for Versteeg....NONE!

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:31 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
cmon guuys we all know hodgson>>chuck noris

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:32 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
uh??

no that doesn't tell me a thing. 11 teams passed on Myers in the same draft... does that tell you anything?

Every team passed over several great players - often through an entire draft - like Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Zajac, Kronwall, etc who all passed through their draft years - does that tell you anything about those picks?

more than 9 teams passed over on Carter, Richards, Weber, Kesler, Perry, Getzlaf and a lot of other top end players... does that tell you something?

Old
02-12-2011, 12:39 AM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
There really should be an all encompassing Versteeg thread..... Toronto's priorities are top 4 puckmoving defencemen, big left wingers, and established top 6 centres. Let other fans put in offers, and we'll figure out which is the best one.
Better re-enforce your doors, people are going to be banging down on them pretty hard to make those sorts of offers for Versteeg

For the OP, I'm really curious how the Canucks are lacking in playoff experenience in such a way that Versteeg can fill a need? Will having a young depth player from the team that beat us the last two years somehow give us some magical intangible benefit that increases our chances beyond the value of the individual player? Not to mention a player from the team that beat us while only having I think 1 player with a Stanley Cup ring (Madden).

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:46 AM
AmazingNuck

Quote:

It's not a case of Player A [Hodgson] vs Player B [Versteeg], it's a case of there only being a limited amount of cap space as well as limited space in our top six. Sedins/Burrows ain't going anywhere, Kesler isn't going anywhere, leaving Raymond and Samuelsson. Sure, we could upgrade one of Raymond or Samuelsson to Versteeg, which may not even be an upgrade at all, at the cost of Hodgson, but that's just illogical. If we were to upgrade Raymond or Samuelsson into a better forward, we would trade Hodgson/Schroeder/1st/etc. + Raymond for a top line forward instead of trading Hodgson for Versteeg, just so we can upgrade Hansen -> Raymond (since Versteeg's addition would bump down Raymond to Torres' old spot and Torres would take over Hansen's spot).

EDIT: We don't need an upgrade to Hodgson. Hodgson isn't even our roster.

AmazingNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:46 AM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagee View Post
LMAO ok old timer, where did this magical # of 5 years come about?

Anyways, enough kool-aid for you tonight old timer.

For all the posters who think like this old timer please see NFITO's post, mkay?

thanks.

You are laffing you ass off at me????????? you were a sperm in my thoughts when i watched the Leafs win the 4 stanley cups in the 60's

Old
02-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
You are laffing you ass off at me????????? you were a sperm in my thoughts when i watched the Leafs win the 4 stanley cups in the 60's

Finkle is Einhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:51 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
I'd expect a bit more maturity out of an "oldertimer"

it's usually the kids that feel the need to turn discussions into insults.

Old
02-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
29 teams passed over Versteeg 4 times each....

I believe by your logic that means Hodgson > Versteeg?

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:54 AM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
I'd expect a bit more maturity out of an "oldertimer"

it's usually the kids that feel the need to turn discussions into insults.
Please tell me where i Insulted him?....All I said was the truth!.....I have seen the Leafs win 4 cups....I was born in 1955

Old
02-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Moore Money

Versteeg is an overpaid marginal talent like so many other Leafs. You don't get top prospects for that.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 01:33 AM
Kagee*

Quote:
Have you ever been a GM????30 GM's right now have a choice of Versteeg....or Hodgeson!

Sorry that I think like a GM...not like an HFer
Thanks for being sorry.

30 GM's, OK obviously that includes Gillis, gee I wonder why he hasn't traded his first pick and best prospect already for a already well paid WINGER (whose making $3+M per, and is going to get a raise after next season) & that we DON'T NEED? As we already have similar priced and age scoring wingers.

Plus GM's and teams that are in re-build mode, and have a modest cap ceiling should be going for a top prospect CENTER like Hodgson, not a already well paid WINGER, whose going to make more money/cap hit per season quite quickly.

Quote:
you were a sperm in my thoughts when i watched the Leafs win the 4 stanley cups in the 60's
Honestly who thinks about sperm? lol

I mean really, your coming off quite adolescent like instead of a matured almost 60 year old!

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 01:35 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
You kidding? LOL

My team is in the middle of ta rebuild. Well... yours is too... but they aren't willing to face that fact. I sleep very well at night knowing that the 1st or 2nd overall pick will soon be joining Hall, Eberle, Omark, Petry, Roy and MPS.

Are you sleeping well without a first rounder?
I dont get this the bolded are not really that impressive....

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 02:26 AM
Eytinge

Quote:
Gotta love Leaf fans!

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 02:28 AM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
I dont get this the bolded are not really that impressive....
Roy is not that special but Omark and Petry are legit. Especially Petry, the one Oiler rookie no one talks about. Probably because you don't notice him, but that's a good thing.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote