HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kirk Muller As Nhl Coach.

View Poll Results: Would Kirk Muller Be A Good Nhl Coach?
Yes 21 80.77%
No 2 7.69%
Maybe 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-12-2011, 07:40 AM
14hockey14

vCash: 500
Kirk Muller As Nhl Coach.

Kirk Muller as a head coach would be a great idea for the Canadiens, if Jacques Martin Doesn't work out. He is a type of coach that you cant him slip away from the organization. Montreal better not let this guy slip away like they did with Guy Boucher. Top coach recipe(Kirk Muller has in common with the last 20 Jack Adams award winners as NHL coach of the year. 19 were Canadian/9 were from Ontario/15 played in the NHL/11 were forwards and 12 were NHL assistant coaches first.

According To TheStar this article:

Quote:
MONTREAL—Kirk Muller — star player turned role player turned assistant coach — has paid his dues.

There’s no question he will be on any general manager’s short list when a full-time coaching position comes open. Understandably, Muller isn’t talking about it. The Montreal Canadiens, in the heat of a playoff race, declined to allow the ex-Leaf be interviewed for a story on his coaching future.
Read the rest of the article here.

If you ever watch a game when it is the 3rd period and they are down a goal or 2 and they called for a time out Kirk Muller is the one that is doing all the planing to score.

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze*: 02-12-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Not allowed to post entire articles
14hockey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Next Best Thing*

An other rookie coach?

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:33 AM
DuRoux

I would personally like for kirk muller to take his place slowly to be the head coach after Jacques Martin, but not before the end of martin contracts... make sure he learns the rope before jumping the big step.

So for now No. But I'm guessing this summer he will be named Headcoach somewhere.

DuRoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Shadyone33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuRoux View Post
I would personally like for kirk muller to take his place slowly to be the head coach after Jacques Martin, but not before the end of martin contracts... make sure he learns the rope before jumping the big step.

So for now No. But I'm guessing this summer he will be named Headcoach somewhere.
I agree. I just hope that it's not Toronto. That would sting. At the time I remember the sting from Komi leaving us. I could see Kirk being a good guy and at least going to the other conference and seeing Nieuwendyk's quote makes me wonder if Dallas is interested. I know they're doing well this year but who's their coach?

Shadyone33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:56 AM
ruski17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyone33 View Post
I agree. I just hope that it's not Toronto. That would sting. At the time I remember the sting from Komi leaving us. I could see Kirk being a good guy and at least going to the other conference and seeing Nieuwendyk's quote makes me wonder if Dallas is interested. I know they're doing well this year but who's their coach?
I heard New Jersey would be the best fit. Lou likes his former players ans Kirk played there ad Lemaire is only there as an interm.

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote