HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yandle to Boston

Old
02-13-2011, 01:11 PM
hao chi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
Agreed. It seems you could offer the Coyotes the moon and the fans would want more.

Bruins should just go get Liles, and try and pick up Yandle after next season. Who wouldn't want to sign their first unrestricted contract with their hometown team?
Leafs fans often ask the same question.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Snarky Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
quit it with Yandle. he's the best player on the Coyotes and one of the top few young defensemen in the NHL. he's not available and if he was to become available it would take a ton to get him. the only reason you people think you can come up with your lowball offers is because of the Coyotes questionable ownership. go bother Kings fans for Johnson or Doughty. he's just as available as those two are.

the worst of this is that you offer crappy then when a Coyotes fan comes back with more you scream oh your overrating him. if he's so overrated why do you want him?

if Yandle were to be traded to the Bruins the price starts with Seguin and the Leafs #1 this season and builds (and it would build) from there. anything else get you hung up on.
Keep in mind if we were offering Yandle, which we arent - Boston wont be the only team we would deal with. I know this is a shock to a lot of you but us sun belt teams arent a minor leauge for Boston New York and Toronto. Take a look at GMDM's dealings - He hasnt shown an bad trade yet - and he is a frugal shopper with a keen eye for value. If you want to offer sheet him fine, we will either match, or take 4 1st rounders depending on the offer. He, at this point is problably value wise at Doughty - And to be honest if the bonds sell and MH gets a 230 million payment for this team and spends like 170 million there will be enough money to do whatever. So keep in mind that IF Yandle were to become availible you would be competing with 10 other teams and we would be looking to maximize our value I dont see Boston even having the best assets to get him.

Just not really likely to happen, The only way I see any person on the yotes moved is if they can be replaced and the team made better this season. We are in win now mode, because we need the butts in the seats now.

Snarky Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:44 PM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky Coyote View Post
Keep in mind if we were offering Yandle, which we arent - Boston wont be the only team we would deal with. I know this is a shock to a lot of you but us sun belt teams arent a minor leauge for Boston New York and Toronto. Take a look at GMDM's dealings - He hasnt shown an bad trade yet - and he is a frugal shopper with a keen eye for value. If you want to offer sheet him fine, we will either match, or take 4 1st rounders depending on the offer. He, at this point is problably value wise at Doughty - And to be honest if the bonds sell and MH gets a 230 million payment for this team and spends like 170 million there will be enough money to do whatever. So keep in mind that IF Yandle were to become availible you would be competing with 10 other teams and we would be looking to maximize our value I dont see Boston even having the best assets to get him.

Just not really likely to happen, The only way I see any person on the yotes moved is if they can be replaced and the team made better this season. We are in win now mode, because we need the butts in the seats now.

If he gets an offer sheet, it will be from a contending team. At most it will be 4 firsts in the bottom half of the draft. There are teams out there that would offer more than that right now, in terms of picks and prospects.

I also think value is a terrible word to use seeing Yandle will get a hefty deal. He is a value now but going foward he will have a market level contract.

RunFromTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 250
Stick to talking about the proposal itself, please and thanks.