HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs win 3-0! Saved by the buoyancy of citrus!

Old
02-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
I was watching the game on tv and saw that some seats and somthing white covering them. Anyone know what they are?
Per Twitter this morning, they're ads for some new golf club. They covered all the seats in the reds with them before tonight's game. Not sure if they just did the ad for one game, multiple, or permanent.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:03 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well if so, it would have turn out as "Well he deserved it...". I know I'm not listening to myself, but I can't believe what the general board has become. It's an anti-Habs all over the place with french canadian remarks that are totally going unnoticed and unpunished 'cause it still goes on and on and on....Seems that the Habs are just a big reason to regroup as fanbases of every team in 1 common goal....It's incredibly pathetic....
If French-Canadians would all be Black or Jewish, it would had been solved...

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Just found this:

Quote:
#Leafs Lupul says on Subban:" I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time, but eventually he's going to stop getting the benefit of the doubt . ..
“He's got a lot to learn.”
http://twitter.com/kevin_mcgran/stat...30460360564737

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:06 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Well if so, it would have turn out as "Well he deserved it...". I know I'm not listening to myself, but I can't believe what the general board has become. It's an anti-Habs all over the place with french canadian remarks that are totally going unnoticed and unpunished 'cause it still goes on and on and on....Seems that the Habs are just a big reason to regroup as fanbases of every team in 1 common goal....It's incredibly pathetic....
I said the same thing in a thread on the main board earlier. It seems as though the Habs are the team that everyone has chosen to hate.

I don't really understand why they get hated on so much. The PK hate is ridiculous though. It's so hypocritical because if any of these fans had him on their team they would love the kid to death. Yes he has his warts, but he's as hot a prospect as their is right now. Mark my words, he will lead the league in rookie scoring for a defenseman before the end of this year.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Leo Getz

Quote:
I agree, it is ridiculous how many habs threads show up on the main board (Granted more than a few are started by habs fans) but still I wonder what it would be like to be fans of a team where people only talk about your team on the main board when something significant happens, instead of just regular hockey.

Leo Getz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Shadyone33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
Anyone else notice CBC cut away from the Price/Subban celebration and return after they were done?
I actually commented to my wife before the celebration happened. I said watch them cut away when they go to do their celebration and sure enough it happened.

Shadyone33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Video of his comments is up on tsn.ca

Sebaldian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
Video of his comments is up on tsn.ca
Yup.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:13 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Meaning what? Benefit of the doubt for not taking off his helmet?

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Schooner Guy

This may have already been mentioned but has there been any update on the Pacioretty injury? We really can't afford to lose him....he's been fantastic since his call-up.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:20 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
Per Twitter this morning, they're ads for some new golf club. They covered all the seats in the reds with them before tonight's game. Not sure if they just did the ad for one game, multiple, or permanent.
okay
Thanks

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:24 PM
sheed36

Quote:
The PK bashing thread has been deleted.
Thanks that's what I figured.. The PK and Habs hating is still alive and well on HF and like Whitesnake said it's incredibly pathetic..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

http://twitter.com/#!/BrianWilde/sta...43005783875584

Max seems okay.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
How ironic that the Bell Centre is pasted with ads for new golf clubs when the Leafs are in town.

Old
habspinner

Brian Wilde BrianWilde

Pacioretty upon leaving the building tonight did not have his arm in a sling, did not seem to have pain and looked comfortable.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommallionta View Post
Butt rubbing doesn't mean anything.

Price and Subban are pretty much just Troy and Abed from Community.
Great comparison, glad to see someone else is a fan of that show

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't know what he means by "the Benefit of the doubt"

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Schooner Guy

Great news!

Old
googlymoogly

It looks like they were both going to take off their helmets then Lupul looks like he is coming at Subban and he suddenly changes his mind maybe Subban thought Lupul was going to start throwing. We get to see it on video replay but on the ice facing each other you have to think quickly. It makes Subban look bad because he guessed wrong at how it was going down.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:35 PM
BigNumber1Centre
Heart of Gallagher

I thought I saw one of the opposing players shoot the puck at one of the Habs defensemen after the whistle but I wasn't paying close attention. Can anyone confirm this?

BigNumber1Centre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:35 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Anybody remember that Leafs blog that kept track of the last time Price won a game at the Bell Centre?

Was it DownGoesBrown?

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post

It looks like they were both going to take off their helmets then Lupul looks like he is coming at Subban and he suddenly changes his mind maybe Subban thought Lupul was going to start throwing. We get to see it on video replay but on the ice facing each other you have to think quickly. It makes Subban look bad because he guessed wrong at how it was going down.
This is EX-AC-TLY what happened

its unbeleivable that lupul would turn it into what he did, i CANt beleive people do this ****

your 100% right, BOTH are trying to take off the helmet, but lupul got WAY too close and it appeared as though hed start throwing early, so subban protected himself just in case and ends up swinging first

Lupul has lost all my respect, although you can say that happened the moment he became a leaf anyway

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lafleurs Guy

I love the fact that the Leafs haven't scored in Montreal this year. So awesome.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SonOfGom

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post

I said this in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfGom View Post
Ok, let's put it this way. You are about to fight but you are holding a beer can and you want to safely place it on the ground, but you do so by approaching the other guy and leaning down to put the can on the floor, the other guy doesn't know what the **** you are doing and whacks you over the head as a result. Who's the idiot in this situation?
If anything it makes Lupul look stupid. "I'm going to take this moment of 'cease fire' to get in my opponent's face, and the whine that he punched me, afterwards"

SonOfGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
I don't know what he means by "the Benefit of the doubt"
hes trying to make it look like "im not buying into the fact that subban is this disrespectful rookie" so im giving him "the benefit of the doubt" that hes not and its just a coincidence, see hes trying to make it look like hes not just another mike richards, but in reality, hes doing the EXACT same thing

"but you keep hearing his name being brought up in the media" , because of people like YOU who make a big deal out of stuff that happens every single game, but you jump on this little bandwagon thats alrdy been created by richards n cherry n such and so you just feed into it because it makes you feel better, your such a ****ing idiot lupul

i noticed alot of these things happen after canadiens victories, its sore loser syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfGom View Post
I said this in another thread.

Ok, let's put it this way. You are about to fight but you are holding a beer can and you want to safely place it on the ground, but you do so by approaching the other guy and leaning down to put the can on the floor, the other guy doesn't know what the **** you are doing and whacks you over the head as a result. Who's the idiot in this situation?

If anything it makes Lupul look stupid. "I'm going to take this moment of 'cease fire' to get in my opponent's face, and the whine that he punched me, afterwards"
your analogy, is 100000000000000% spot on, i couldnt of said it any better then that

if your gona take your helmet off, then dont charge into the guy, if ANYTHING, it also appears as tho subban simply jumped the gun and beat lupul "literally" to the punch, id go as far as to say thats exactly what lupul was "trying" to do to get an advantage in the fight, and it backfired on him

its not subban that charged into him while trying to take off his helmet, it was lupul, u got in his face? prepare to get popped, he doesnt know what you were gonna do

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote