HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zach Parise as RFA

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2011, 08:25 AM
  #1
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,912
vCash: 1000
Zach Parise as RFA

Say a team throws out an offer sheet to him, what kind of dollar value will be attached to it?

How much more than 5 million? I would say somewhere in the 6 million dollar range is his value.

__________________
Scout based in Western Canada - find me on Twitter:

@DubFromAbove
@Avs_Tweets
R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:36 AM
  #2
NorthlandPro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Suwanee GA
Country: United States
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
He could get a $6M or $6.5M sheet. NJ would be hard pressed cap wise should they accept. The picks they would get would be nice, but to lose a player that young is not good because there is no guaranty that you get a player of his ability back from one of the picks.

NorthlandPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:52 AM
  #3
SpeakingOfTheDevils
Formerly PADevil3034
 
SpeakingOfTheDevils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,039
vCash: 500
He could get an offer sheet for up to $7M, but he wouldn't re-sign in NJ for that much. Tops $6M

SpeakingOfTheDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:57 AM
  #4
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.
 
njdevsfn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
his salary this year is $5M, just so you know.

the Devils also wouldn't be "hard pressed" to accept a $6.5M salary for Parise.

his cap hit is $3.125M and with Langenbrunner gone, that bumps a potential salary really close to $6M and with Arnott either gone or returning at a much lower hit next season, that could bump it up to the $7-7.5M range.

it would mean another season tight against the cap, but the Devils have basically always been really close to the ceiling.

njdevsfn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:10 AM
  #5
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,401
vCash: 500
I could see a team throwing him 7. And he would be worth it.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:16 AM
  #6
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,276
vCash: 500
I'd think 7 per is the starting point of where NJ hesitates to match. They probably still match unless they think its a team that could flop and give them 4 quality 1st rders.

C'mon Burkie, you know you want to.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:17 AM
  #7
rajuabju
The One & Only
 
rajuabju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 2,219
vCash: 500
$7M offer sheet is very realistic.

I think NJ could match it... but would they? not sure. they clearly have a lot of holes right now, and the compensation picks they'd get might be worth letting him go.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:23 AM
  #8
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,675
vCash: 500
Boston will have Recchi, Ryder, Stuart and possibly Wheeler off the books. Savard is still an unknown and if he does indeed retire that would be a total of almost 14 million off the books, 10 million with Savard not retiring. Boston would have the cash and the picks to get a done deal for Parise if the Devils don't have the cap to do so.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:26 AM
  #9
Shaun
Registered User
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareoftheBear View Post
Boston will have Recchi, Ryder, Stuart and possibly Wheeler off the books. Savard is still an unknown and if he does indeed retire that would be a total of almost 14 million off the books, 10 million with Savard not retiring. Boston would have the cash and the picks to get a done deal for Parise if the Devils don't have the cap to do so.
7yrs/49m get it done PC

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:30 AM
  #10
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,912
vCash: 1000
What kind of picks go the other way if NJ doesn't match an offer sheet of 7M+?

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:32 AM
  #11
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
What kind of picks go the other way if NJ doesn't match an offer sheet of 7M+?
4 1st rders. Boston probably wouldn't flinch at that thought.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:48 AM
  #12
Shaun
Registered User
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
4 1st rders. Boston probably wouldn't flinch at that thought.
I'd still do it we got a ton of young talent and if PC decides to hold onto this Toronto pick thats another lottery pick and young player under control for a while. I found this for the 2009-2010 compensation chart so if we offer 7m its only 2 1sts, 2nd and a 3rd which isnt bad at all.

$994,433 or below - No Compensation
$994,434 - $1,506,717 - 2010 3rd round pick
$1506,718 - $3,013,433 - 2010 2nd round pick
$3,013,433 - $4,520,150 - 2010 1st round pick, 2010 3rd round pick
$4,520,151 - $6,026,867 - 2010 1st round pick, 2010 2nd round pick, 2010 3rd round pick
$6,026,868 - $7,533,584 - 2010 1st round pick, 2011 1st round pick, 2010 2nd round pick, 2010 3rd round pick
Over $7,533,584 - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 1st round picks.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:53 AM
  #13
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
4 1st rders. Boston probably wouldn't flinch at that thought.
No I doubt we would, we already have a young core of (Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron, Seguin, Kampfer and Rask + Tor's pick) and adding Parise would only strengthen it. Boston will most likely be a contender for the next four years so adding Parise would be like giving up four late first rounders which I would do in a hear beat, we need an elite talent on the forward group and he would complete it.

2011-2012 Boston Bruins

Parise-Krejci-Horton
Lucic-Bergeron-Marchand
Sauve/Knight-Savard-Seguin
Caron-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Kampfer
Seidenberg-Tor's pick
Ference-Boychuck
McQuiad

Thomas
Rask

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:54 AM
  #14
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,469
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
If someone actually tried to steal him they'd have to offer North of 7.5M IMO. 8 point something million wouldn't surprise me.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:02 AM
  #15
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!
 
EliasR8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 13,480
vCash: 500
Devils can keep him at 7mil next season.


Parise 7*/Zajac 3.887/Zubrus 3.4
Kovy 6.6/Elias 6/Palmieri .801
Tedenby .875/Josefson .9/Zharkov .850*
Rolston 5.062/Pelley .550/Clarkson 2.66

Volchenkov 4.25-Fayne .542
White 3.00-Greene 1.5*
Tallinder 3.375-Urbom .878

Brodeur 5.2
Hedberg 1.5*

*=Unsigned next season guesses at their cap hit
Buyouts:1mil
Total cap hit: 59.83

And if the cap does go up next season than we can still have some room.

EliasR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:18 AM
  #16
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,401
vCash: 500
A team that signs him to a 7 million dollar offer sheet A) is ballsy, and B) they have to have a pretty complete team and a solid prospect cupboard. A GM is not going to give up those kinds of assets if they have a pipeline that needs some restocking.

That being said, I'd wonder if Lou would rather have a mixture of picks and prospects, rather than just straight draft picks.

It's going to be interesting to see how everything plays out.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:24 AM
  #17
ducky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Home of Kokanee Beer
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,325
vCash: 500
Is he even skating yet?

I think teams might wait to see how he recovers before they offer upwards of $7 million for him.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:26 AM
  #18
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,469
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
A team that signs him to a 7 million dollar offer sheet A) is ballsy, and B) they have to have a pretty complete team and a solid prospect cupboard. A GM is not going to give up those kinds of assets if they have a pipeline that needs some restocking.

That being said, I'd wonder if Lou would rather have a mixture of picks and prospects, rather than just straight draft picks.

It's going to be interesting to see how everything plays out.
Mixture of picks and prospects made me considering Parise getting traded of Nashville for the rights to Weber+... but it would be the same drama all over again with the cap situation, i think.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:26 AM
  #19
TheZajac
Registered User
 
TheZajac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Regardless of Parise's price, Lou is going to keep him here in NJ. If he has to match 7.5 million, he is going to do it. I think he they can get a contract done, it may be in the 5 to 7 years, 6.5 million range.

TheZajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:32 AM
  #20
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,469
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZajac View Post
Regardless of Parise's price, Lou is going to keep him here in NJ. If he has to match 7.5 million, he is going to do it. I think he they can get a contract done, it may be in the 5 to 7 years, 6.5 million range.
6.5 would be a discount price for any multi year contract assuming the team expects him back at 100% next year.

If he doesn't want to give em a discount price, NJ is going to be a freakin paradox. For years on end they had a great team defense... but they won't have money to upgrade their defense and they're going to be up there for worst defense in the league.

It's beyond puzzling to me. When healthy I think they're pretty nasty past their 1st pairing. It happened so quickly. If you told me it was going to be like this 3 years ago I'd think you were crazy.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:36 AM
  #21
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 41,869
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
I'd still do it we got a ton of young talent and if PC decides to hold onto this Toronto pick thats another lottery pick and young player under control for a while. I found this for the 2009-2010 compensation chart so if we offer 7m its only 2 1sts, 2nd and a 3rd which isnt bad at all.

$994,433 or below - No Compensation
$994,434 - $1,506,717 - 2010 3rd round pick
$1506,718 - $3,013,433 - 2010 2nd round pick
$3,013,433 - $4,520,150 - 2010 1st round pick, 2010 3rd round pick
$4,520,151 - $6,026,867 - 2010 1st round pick, 2010 2nd round pick, 2010 3rd round pick
$6,026,868 - $7,533,584 - 2010 1st round pick, 2011 1st round pick, 2010 2nd round pick, 2010 3rd round pick
Over $7,533,584 - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 1st round picks.

every offer sheet is averaged over a max of 5 years. so your offer of 7 years, $49 million is really 5 years, $49 million, aka a cap hit of nearly $10 million/year, which equates to four first round picks

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:37 AM
  #22
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,469
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
I'd still do it we got a ton of young talent and if PC decides to hold onto this Toronto pick thats another lottery pick and young player under control for a while. I found this for the 2009-2010 compensation chart so if we offer 7m its only 2 1sts, 2nd and a 3rd which isnt bad at all.

$994,433 or below - No Compensation
$994,434 - $1,506,717 - 2010 3rd round pick
$1506,718 - $3,013,433 - 2010 2nd round pick
$3,013,433 - $4,520,150 - 2010 1st round pick, 2010 3rd round pick
$4,520,151 - $6,026,867 - 2010 1st round pick, 2010 2nd round pick, 2010 3rd round pick
$6,026,868 - $7,533,584 - 2010 1st round pick, 2011 1st round pick, 2010 2nd round pick, 2010 3rd round pick
Over $7,533,584 - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 1st round picks.
What's important to remember is there's a good chance the cap is going to go up another 1.5+ mill in the off-season... which means it's going to be a wee bit more expensive to have to cough up those 4 1st rounders.

Imagine if the Islanders offered max money to have to compensate with 2 1sts a 2nd an a 3rd?

New Jersey would be forced to match... but with the crazy contracts we've seen in New York... imagine if they offered Parise 7.5 million over 12 years?

I know Wang doesn't want to spend a lot of money, but Parise and Tavares would be gold. With enough length on the contract, NJ might not have to worry about their cap situation anymore.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:39 AM
  #23
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,469
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
every offer sheet is averaged over a max of 5 years. so your offer of 7 years, $49 million is really 5 years, $49 million, aka a cap hit of nearly $10 million/year, which equates to four first round picks
Wow... I actually didn't know that. Very important fact right there. Thanks.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:39 AM
  #24
Iceman78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bayonne, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
The Devils match anything up to the ~$7.5 million. Beyond that, the Devils take the 4 1st rounders.

HFBoards, please stop saying the Devils lack cap space to keep Parise. Lou will have us $1 under the cap if it means keeping Parise. We have enough coming off the books to keep Zach for next year, even if it means a subpar defense again.

Iceman78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:41 AM
  #25
Iceman78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bayonne, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
What's important to remember is there's a good chance the cap is going to go up another 1.5+ mill in the off-season... which means it's going to be a wee bit more expensive to have to cough up those 4 1st rounders.

Imagine if the Islanders offered max money to have to compensate with 2 1sts a 2nd an a 3rd?

New Jersey would be forced to match... but with the crazy contracts we've seen in New York... imagine if they offered Parise 7.5 million over 12 years?

I know Wang doesn't want to spend a lot of money, but Parise and Tavares would be gold. With enough length on the contract, NJ might not have to worry about their cap situation anymore.
I would say there's a better chance of the sun not rising tomorrow than Zach accepting an offer sheet from the Islanders.

Iceman78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.