HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Lindros comes back...

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
I just dont see us going out and signing him. And it looks like we are gonna need two top centermen

Old
06-29-2004, 10:10 PM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
I rather have Lindros who has shown class and desire to be here and hard work and kept his mouth shut when he had to play on the 4th line, then another greedy UFA.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:26 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
I really wouldn't mind it if Lindros came back for another year or two. There isn't as much at stake now. There isn't the "playoffs or nothing" mentality that has been around in previous years. So if Lindros does miss 20-30 games, it's not a disaster for the team.

Lindros was a good soldier when he was here, and he'd be a much better choice to captain a rebuilding team than Holik or Jagr. But I doubt that Lindros really wants to come back. He's more likely to go to Toronto or Detroit and make a run at his first Cup.
Sign me up for the 'bring back Lindros' club. I've been calling for it for months. I just dont see the risk here. Even if he does succumb to injuries again, who cares? Its not like this team is going anywhere anyway. He wouldn't be here to lead this team into the playoffs or make a run for the Cup. He'd be here for the sole purpose of veteran leadership and to fill a hole as a top line center. What is it about guys like Conroy and Rolston that make them so much better than Lindros?

Old
06-29-2004, 11:44 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Sign me up for the 'bring back Lindros' club. I've been calling for it for months. I just dont see the risk here. Even if he does succumb to injuries again, who cares? Its not like this team is going anywhere anyway. He wouldn't be here to lead this team into the playoffs or make a run for the Cup. He'd be here for the sole purpose of veteran leadership and to fill a hole as a top line center. What is it about guys like Conroy and Rolston that make them so much better than Lindros?
if we dont sign Lindros, we get a draft pick, I think 2nd round. just something to consider

Old
06-30-2004, 11:40 AM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
if we dont sign Lindros, we get a draft pick, I think 2nd round. just something to consider
Are you sure?

I think that it would be counter productive to have any line or defense pairing consisting of all veterans. I think there should be at LEAST 1 rookie on each line and each defense pairing to get the youth movement going.

Old
06-30-2004, 11:44 AM
TKLOOCH22

Quote:
We only get the pick if we don't sign anyone of significance. Thats why Lindros, Bure, and maybe Mironov will be traded by tonight in one of "those" loophole deals.

Old
06-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Blueshirt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
I see it more as -

Green-Lundmark-Balej
Murray-Holik-Ortmeyer
xxx-xxx-xxx
I could see us trying something like...

Lundmark-UFA-Jagr
xxx -UFA or surprise camper-Balej
Murray-Holik-Ortmeyer
Moore-Betts-Green/Giroux

Tyutin-Kasparitus
Pock-Rachunek
Poti-Kondratiev

I agree with Prucha that you need to have kids on each line and pairing if we truly are going with a youth movement. The only way for them to get the experience is to play them and they only way to teach them and build up confidence is to have someone with experience there beside them.

Old
06-30-2004, 12:05 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKLOOCH22
We only get the pick if we don't sign anyone of significance. Thats why Lindros, Bure, and maybe Mironov will be traded by tonight in one of "those" loophole deals.
Pavel Bure?

His career is finished

Old
06-30-2004, 12:06 PM
Fotiu22

Quote:
we are not picking up the option on his contract, thus making him an unrestricted free agent.

as far as i know, there is no draft pick compensation for UFA's, correct?

Old
06-30-2004, 12:08 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:

It all depends on the salary and whether or not that team signs other free agents

Old
06-30-2004, 12:10 PM
Fotiu22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
It all depends on the salary and whether or not that team signs other free agents
i thought that was for restricted free agents.

Eric will be an unrestricted free agent. I still don't think there are any picks involved.

Old
06-30-2004, 12:10 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotiu22
we are not picking up the option on his contract, thus making him an unrestricted free agent.

as far as i know, there is no draft pick compensation for UFA's, correct?
Lindros becomes a group III free agent since he is 31 years old

Old
06-30-2004, 12:13 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Are you sure?
Compensation is determined by a complicated formula based on the value of UFA's you sign versus the value of UFA's you lose. The league has a fair bit of discretion in determining what to award. If we lose Lindros and sign a scrub to replace him, we'll likely get a 2nd or 3rd, I imagine. If we sign Rolston, we probably get nothing.

Old
06-30-2004, 12:21 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
Compensation is determined by a complicated formula based on the value of UFA's you sign versus the value of UFA's you lose. The league has a fair bit of discretion in determining what to award. If we lose Lindros and sign a scrub to replace him, we'll likely get a 2nd or 3rd, I imagine. If we sign Rolston, we probably get nothing.
yes but i think if you don't pick up an option you get nothing.

Old
06-30-2004, 04:52 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
lundmark has had his most success at the nhl as a winger, he stunk this year and he played most of the season and the last 20 so games as a center, as oppossed to the year before where he netted 8 goals and 11 assists playing as a winger

also he doesnt have the size (his weight is not more than 200 pounds and he is listed as 195 on the ranger site and 174 elsewhere) or defensive awareness to be a good center, plus he still cannot consistently win faceoffs

he should be moved back to lw, where he can use his speed and focus more on offense
Sorry for taking so long to reply.

I think that although Lundmark is small, he looks more comfortable as a centre to me. I think he plays better off the puck in that position. He is small, but then again, so are Joe Sakic and Steve Yzerman. You could say that Lundmark isn't on these players' level, either as a skater or in intensity, but those were exactly the two qualities he displayed once-upon-a-long-time-ago and led to his being drafted.

I think that one of the main things that has hindered Lundmark is his own inability to bring his junior game to the NHL. I don't think it's a lack of ability, I think that it's partly confusion (as in over his own position in the organization) which has led to nervousness. He's expressed a preference for playing center himself, and I would like to see the Rangers give him the opportunity to play major minutes at the beginning of the season and say "Here you go, Jamie, you have nothing to lose, go out there and raise hell." In return, I would like to see him move his legs and get feisty again. He could also benefit from a big winger to open a forecheck.

Closed Thread