HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - St.Louis

Old
02-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Makaveli

vCash: 500
Toronto - St.Louis

To Blues:
Kris Versteeg

To Maple Leafs:
Patrik Berglund

Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:37 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Awful for St. Louis. They have plenty of Versteeg's, while they need more Berglund's.(big center, natural goal scorer).

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:39 PM
SLAPSHOT723
QU 2014 - Isles Fan

The Blues have so many right handed forwards it's a little ridiculous. If they were to trade Berglund (which they shouldn't because they lack quality centers), they should trade him for a LW with potential to be a top-6 forward.

I could definitely see a trade of Berglund for Kulemin, but I doubt the Leafs would bite on that. And no, MacArthur isn't what I was talking about.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:40 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

I don't understand these threads about Versteeg. If he was only worth Stalberg and a mid level prospect, why do many posters now believe he is worth so much?

Please explain why St. Louis does this deal.

TaketheCannoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:42 PM
QMJHLfollower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
The Blues have so many right handed forwards it's a little ridiculous. If they were to trade Berglund (which they shouldn't because they lack quality centers), they should trade him for a LW with potential to be a top-6 forward.

I could definitely see a trade of Berglund for Kulemin, but I doubt the Leafs would bite on that. And no, MacArthur isn't what I was talking about.
And no, we wouldn't trade MacArthur for Berglund.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:43 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 50
Versteeg is what he is, Berglund is 22 yo big center who is just starting to find his game, no thanks ill keep my younger more promising center

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs4ever View Post
And no, we wouldn't trade MacArthur for Berglund.
If I were a leaf fan, I would in a heartbeat.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
I don't understand these threads about Versteeg. If he was only worth Stalberg and a mid level prospect, why do many posters now believe he is worth so much?

Please explain why St. Louis does this deal.
It was stalberg and 2 mid level prospects. 1 of them being a first round pick in the previous draft albeit a bit of a reach. Stalberg has also dropped in value since the trade. If you add up the value of the pieces they got at the time they were definitely worth a first round pick.,

That return was also what Chicago got when they had to trade him and everyone knew it. Toronto is extremely happy with Kris Versteeg and doesnt need to trade him unless someone wants to pay a good price to get him.

Cyris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:53 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
seems pretty fair

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:54 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
seems pretty fair
Of course it does.

BrianBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:56 PM
SirPaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
seems pretty fair
Fair for who?

Old
02-14-2011, 01:57 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Fair for who?
for me and brian burke

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 1269
This trade is definitely tilted in the Leafs favor but it is alot closer than it is being made out to be.

Cyris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:00 PM
SirPaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
This trade is definitely tilted in the Leafs favor but it is alot closer than it is being made out to be.
Not really, your not thinking of STL's needs. We would be left without a number one C, trading away our young goal scorer when goal scoring is our biggest concern

Old
02-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Dooblahaach

No.

Berglund is bigger, younger, cheaper, more talented, and fits an organizational need.

Yet another Toronto fan trying to **** and pillage other teams of their young, talented players for unwanted assets.

Dooblahaach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:11 PM
QMJHLfollower

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor7777 View Post
If I were a leaf fan, I would in a heartbeat.
Why? I like Berglund, but he's a little bit overrated. Yes he's big, but a goal scorer(with no more goal then Versteeg) center is not the better fit with Kessel. I'd rather have a playmaking center to play with Kessel, and then find a big winger (or put Lupul there if he can be back to his old form). MacArthur is our points leader, good scorer, good playmaker, good two-way game, gritty, etc. Our second line is set for the future (Kulemin-Grabovski-MacArthur) and I hope that we will keep it like that.

Old
02-14-2011, 02:15 PM
SirPaste

Quote:
Why? I like Berglund, but he's a little bit overrated. Yes he's big, but a goal scorer(with no more goal then Versteeg) center is not the better fit with Kessel. I'd rather have a playmaking center to play with Kessel, and then find a big winger (or put Lupul there if he can be back to his old form). MacArthur is our points leader, good scorer, good playmaker, good two-way game, gritty, etc. Our second line is set for the future (Kulemin-Grabovski-MacArthur) and I hope that we will keep it like that.
Bergys stats are what they are because due to injuries half of the season he was centering Crombeen and Winchester

Old
02-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Quote:
Why? I like Berglund, but he's a little bit overrated. Yes he's big, but a goal scorer(with no more goal then Versteeg) center is not the better fit with Kessel. I'd rather have a playmaking center to play with Kessel, and then find a big winger (or put Lupul there if he can be back to his old form). MacArthur is our points leader, good scorer, good playmakers, good two-way game too, gritty, etc. Our second line is build for the future (Kulemin-Grabovski-MacArthur) and I hope that we will keep it like that.
MacArthur's are a dime a dozen. You can grab players like him easily enough. He's having a good year but he's not something that can't be replaced.

Big, young, talented centers are far harder to come by. That's why you make the trade.

Oh, and the C position happens to be a Leaf (and most other teams BTW) need.

Old
02-14-2011, 02:27 PM
QMJHLfollower

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor7777 View Post
MacArthur's are a dime a dozen. You can grab players like him easily enough. He's having a good year but he's not something that can't be replaced.

Big, young, talented centers are far harder to come by. That's why you make the trade.

Oh, and the C position happens to be a Leaf (and most other teams BTW) need.
It's not that easy to find a winger on pace for about 67 points, that is a good goal scorer and a good playmaker, that has good two-way game and is gritty too, that can play either wings, that have a very good chemistry with Kulemin and Grabovski, etc.

I know the Leafs are not very good at center position, but we have a very good second line center (Grabovski), a very good third line center (Bozak), and the fourth line center is good too, (one of Brent, Boyce, or almost ready prospects like Hanson or Irwin) or it's not too hard to find one. The only need is a first line center, and Berglund is not necessarily one, yes maybe he has the potential, but I'd rather give good asset to find a playmaking one.

Old
02-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Dark Knight
Draft Jared McCann!

If size is the only reason why Berglund is worth more than Versteeg, then I suggest everyone reconsiders.

I've been Berglund play plenty, and I don't think "natural goal scorer" and him belong in the same sentence. Most of his goals are a result of a slap shot. He hasn't got great speed or stickhandling, but he has the size to be pretty effective as a 2nd line C.

Versteeg has the speed and stickhandling aspect, but needs to work on his shot. I can fully expect Versteeg to improve even further if only he practices on his wrist/slap shot.

As a Leafs fan, I might do this deal, but I may not as well.

02-14-2011, 02:37 PM
SirPaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Fuss View Post
If size is the only reason why Berglund is worth more than Versteeg, then I suggest everyone reconsiders.

I've been Berglund play plenty, and I don't think "natural goal scorer" and him belong in the same sentence. Most of his goals are a result of a slap shot. He hasn't got great speed or stickhandling, but he has the size to be pretty effective as a 2nd line C.

Versteeg has the speed and stickhandling aspect, but needs to work on his shot. I can fully expect Versteeg to improve even further if only he practices on his wrist/slap shot.

As a Leafs fan, I might do this deal, but I may not as well.
you sure about that?

Old
02-14-2011, 02:42 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Not happening.

As a Leaf fan, i make that trade in a heartbeat, but what is the point for St. Louis?

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Quote:
It's not that easy to find a winger on pace for about 67 points, that is a good goal scorer and a good playmaker, that has good two-way game and is gritty too, that can play either wings, that have a very good chemistry with Kulemin and Grabovski, etc.

I know the Leafs are not very good at center position, but we have a very good second line center (Grabovski), a very good third line center (Bozak), and the fourth line center is good too, (one of Brent, Boyce, or almost ready prospects like Hanson or Irwin) or it's not too hard to find one. The only need is a first line center, and Berglund is not necessarily one, yes maybe he has the potential, but I'd rather give good asset to find a playmaking one.
We'll have to agree to disagree. Talk to me about MacArthur in one year's time.

Old
02-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Regina Pat
Captain Burroughs

YES from Toronto!

Regina Pat is offline   Reply With Quote