HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Schenn (LA) available for a top line forward?

Old
02-13-2011, 08:12 PM
vindogla

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
What funny is every team in the league would love to have Schenn arguably the best prospect right now and will still be after the draft.

LA loves having Schenn also. Sure if LA can get Parise or someone of similar high end talent they would trade Schenn in a package but outside of that no.
Thanks, Hooli - but right now even Parise is recovering from an ACL injury/surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Unless that "something else" was substantial, we'll just have to disagree. Teubert and Voynov don't have near the value around the league they apparently do to King fans. We could get a better return for Penner, if we decide to move him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
maybe you could, what are you realistically expecting for Penner? Voynov is 21 and leading his AHL team in points which is pretty impressive.
Teubert is very interesting considering who we traded down for to get him. He's been injured, too, but is now playing in the AHL. Voynov is in the AHL, too. He's a defenseman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Barr View Post
Please trade Vanek for Schenn. It's not that Vanek is bad, but Buffalo is in desperate need of a team overhaul. Other than last year, they've been toiling in mediocrity and clawing at 8th place (failing to reach on two occasions, about to be 3) ever since Drury and Briere left. And the one time that they actually did make the playoffs last year, they couldn't make it out of the first round.

The team just needs to start fresh. Hoping and praying to squeeze into 8th place every year won't get you anywhere.
Sorry, no to Buffalo fans, too. But I feel your pain. However, maybe we could do something about Vanek?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
to L.A. - versteeg , kadri

to tor - schenn
2nd round pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
Since the LA system is ridiculously deep in prospects, lets try a quantity for quality deal:

To LA: Spezza, Kovalev and Ruutu (only Spezza remains after this season)

To Ottawa: Voynov, Deslauriers, Jones, Toffoli, and Clifford
2 1/2 players for 5 blue chips, and one is a roster player already! No.

"Since the LA system is ridiculously deep in prospects" is exactly how we feel about our club and why we are in a position of power when it comes to trades/deals. And also why I even respond to your post. We aren't dumb out here in La La Land. Get over it. SJS fans aren't dumb either. Ducks fans not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Agreed.

And finally, if Gaborik and Hemsky are such wonderful talents (and they are) then the Rangers and Oilers should have no interest in trading them.

Seriously, they have been peddling Penner, Hemsky, and Gaborik to us for quite a while now. Why? Our team is gooder.

vindogla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Parise09*

Schenn +1st/Hickey for Penner

Parise09* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:25 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise09 View Post
Not in this lifetime. Look someone else had it right. Schenn is not going to be traded unless he is included in a package that nets the Kings a young #1 LW (like Parise, notice I did not say Parise).

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:29 PM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise09 View Post
It seems like Edmontonís fans can not comprehend rejections of their offers.
Kings do not want/need Penner.

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:31 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Not in this lifetime. Look someone else had it right. Schenn is not going to be traded unless he is included in a package that nets the Kings a young #1 LW (like Parise, notice I did not say Parise).
That's fair, but we realistically can't afford to trade Penner for less than a 1st + Forbort/Hickey/Teubert/Toffoli (whichever our scouts like the most...)

For less than that, it just doesn't make sense long-term for us IMO.

Obviously Schenn+ is never going to happen, but there were other ones like Muzzin + a 3rd as well, which is equally insulting.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:15 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
That's fair, but we realistically can't afford to trade Penner for less than a 1st + Forbort/Hickey/Teubert/Toffoli (whichever our scouts like the most...)

For less than that, it just doesn't make sense long-term for us IMO.

Obviously Schenn+ is never going to happen, but there were other ones like Muzzin + a 3rd as well, which is equally insulting.
Agreed. I think Lombardi is kicking the tires on quite a few deals for a winger and just hasn't made up his mind.

Old
02-13-2011, 09:24 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Agreed. I think Lombardi is kicking the tires on quite a few deals for a winger and just hasn't made up his mind.
Ya, I have a feeling he might pull off something smaller, but that's just a gut feeling. I also am skeptical that either Penner or Hemsky is moved, though I wouldn't mind seeing one of them go this year. There are only so many top 6 spots on the wing, and right now we have Omark, Penner, Hemsky, Hall, Paajarvi, and Eberle.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:27 PM
93gilmour93

unreal how overrated b.schenn is. great young prospect but you would swear we are talking about crosby.

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Tyler Myers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Buffalo should trade Vanek for Schenn, Simmonds, and a Dman.
done done done. we even take some salary back if it is needed

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:36 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
unreal how overrated b.schenn is. great young prospect but you would swear we are talking about crosby.
I don't think we overrate him. He is not the second coming, but he fills a very important slot for the Kings going forward. That being #2 center, or perhaps a Jordan Staal-like #3. That's a pretty valuable asset.

Lombardi isn't including an asset like that in a trade for Penner.

Old
02-13-2011, 09:41 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
I don't think we overrate him. He is not the second coming, but he fills a very important slot for the Kings going forward. That being #2 center, or perhaps a Jordan Staal-like #3. That's a pretty valuable asset.

Lombardi isn't including an asset like that in a trade for Penner.
for sure but i made the offer of kadri/versteeg for schenn and a 2nd. is this not close considering schenn was pick 5 , kadri was pick 7 and versteeg for a second is a steal. its a weak draft to begin with and the kings add a stanley cup winner 20-25 goal scorer with great speed.

Old
02-13-2011, 09:43 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
Schenn isnt going anywhere.

If the Kings wants a top 6 forward, which they so desperately need, then trading for one of penner or hemsky makes the most sense.

The Oilers need defencemen so a deal around Hemsky and Tuebert makes alot of sense. But Hemsky is simpy worth more and thats 100% undisputable.

To LA
-Hemsky
-Smid

To Edmonton
-Tuebert
-Simmonds
Not fan of Hemsky but I'd do that deal as a Kings fan. Of course I still hold out hope that Smid could turn into a little more of the dman he was touted to be, but he's still a solid player.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:52 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
for sure but i made the offer of kadri/versteeg for schenn and a 2nd. is this not close considering schenn was pick 5 , kadri was pick 7 and versteeg for a second is a steal. its a weak draft to begin with and the kings add a stanley cup winner 20-25 goal scorer with great speed.
Kadri is not the prospect that Schenn is, sorry, it's that simple regardless of where they were picked.

And I wouldn't trade a 4th for Versteeg, he becomes invisible without astounding linemates.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:52 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
The problem is IF the Kings are going to give up Schenn they are going to do it for a proven goal scorer, not someone who might be. Now I know this might sound hypocritical because Schenn has done nothing in the NHL, but the Kings place a ton of value in Schenn (as do most of the NHL at this point). Players like Hemsky, Penner, and your package are just not going to return Schenn. Like it or not, the sooner everyone realizes this, the less cluttered this board will become.

As for people saying Schenn is overrated by Kings fans....yeah I feel he is a little as well. But posters here are not helping his overvalued status when fans from almost every team have posted trade requests for Schenn over the last year.

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:54 PM
no name

Quote:
Schenn is a top 3 prospect in hockey. Kadri probably doesn't crack the top 40 if scouts and GM's did a prospect ranking today. Your offer isn't bad but I don't think it's overrating the kid to assume that the difference in level of prospect and a second rounder isn't Versteeg.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:59 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

To LA: David Booth and Nick Bjugstad

To FLA: Brayden Schenn, Oscar Moller, Colten Teubert, and conditional 3rd*

*Upgrades to 2nd with advance to second round of playoffs, upgrades to 1st with advance to conference finals

Fair?

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:01 PM
JSBach

I think the Kings would rather wait for Schenn to turn into the top six forward he is supposed than trade him and look like idiots.

JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:05 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsleafs4life View Post
I think the Kings would rather wait for Schenn to turn into the top six forward he is supposed than trade him and look like idiots.
We have a winner!!!

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:05 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsleafs4life View Post
All silly trade proposals aside, I agree.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:08 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Schenn is a top 3 prospect in hockey. Kadri probably doesn't crack the top 40 if scouts and GM's did a prospect ranking today. Your offer isn't bad but I don't think it's overrating the kid to assume that the difference in level of prospect and a second rounder isn't Versteeg.
i can't agree with this statement at all but to each there own.

Old
02-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Canuck and Bills Fan

Quote:
HF boards strikes again
So you keep coming back on here because? Oh right your a Leaf fan you like torture

Canuck and Bills Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:25 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck and Bills Fan View Post
So you keep coming back on here because? Oh right your a Leaf fan you like torture

Old
02-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
We'd rather wait and see how Schenn will develop and the player he will become rather than take on some of the name's being offered who won't help the Kings much now nor would they be wearing a Kings uniform within the next three plus years.

Schenn is a long term asset that could pay dividends. Trading him for a Hemsky or some of the other names being bandied about is not. They're temporary solutions. The Kings aren't close to a Cup, and the only reason to trade a prospect at the level of Schenn is if you are adding the pieces to contend for a Cup, just as the Rangers did in 1994 when they dealt away Doug Weight and Tony Amonte.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:23 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Guys, I think some of the other Rangers fans in the thread have perhaps been a bit, shall we say, overenthusiastic, but some of the comments re: Gaborik are a bit crazy.

1) Gaborik vs. Hemsky. Look, I like Hemsky. A lot. He's got great moves and is a fantastic passer. I would love him on the Rangers. But he's never scored more than 23 goals in a season. Gaborik has scored 42 twice and also has a 38 goal campaign. That's simply a different echelon.

2) Precisely because of that goal scoring talent, to say that Gaborik isn't worth Schenn is silliness. I will grant you that a proposal including Schenn is one of the few I would consider in exchange for Gaborik from a Rangers point of view. But if I were on the other side, well, Crosby and Ovechkin (hell, maybe only Crosby) are the only 2 prospects in the last ten years that I wouldn't have flipped for a multiple 40 goal scorer under the age of 30 in a, pardon the pun, New York minute. You say you would only move Schenn for a top line winger? Gaborik's pretty much the definition of who you're talking about. It would take Schenn plus other assets to get it done.

Now, there are plenty of other reasons why the deal might not happen (the Kings don't feel they're close enough to the cup, Slats isn't dealing Gabby, Gabby is primarily a RW and Lombardi focuses on acquiring a natural LW, etc.), but would people please stop shortchanging Gaborik in the discussion?

Last edited by BrooklynRangersFan: 02-13-2011 at 11:30 PM.
BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:31 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Schenn is SOOOOOOOO overrated WOW

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote