HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade around Versteeg and Van Riemsdyk

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2011, 07:56 PM
LolungoReboundo
LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs

vCash: 500
This is such a misrepresented article there is no source stating there could be a trade its just Burke wants him well I'm sure the remaining 27 GMs in the league also want him

Old
02-13-2011, 07:58 PM
BringBackStevens

No. Do not want To trade JVR

Old
02-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Todds Chiropractory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
nothing but the core of the team should be CANADIAN seeing as it's a CANADIAN team with CANADIAN fans for the most part
You're right, In Vancouver we are all very displeased with our core of the Sedin's, Kesler and Edler. They should all be replaced with some rock em sock em Canadian boys.

Old
02-13-2011, 08:13 PM
CandiedBacon
Seguin and Hamilton

I love JVR and would s**t Haterade everywhere if he went to Toronto.

Old
02-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Jumping

[QUOTE=Sergei Berezin;30896074]What? No it doesn't ...

Second, your comments are completely off base, and your example is not even close.

T.P. said that Flyers are probably interested in Versteeg and that the price could be JVR. He doesn't say that that is what Burke has specifically asked for, but he does insinuate that the price would probably be JVR, or something around that. Do you get it? To get Versteeg, you'd probably have to give up JVR is what he's saying...

By the way Versteeg is no slouch either, he's a 24 year-old 50 point scorer who plays the PP, PK, is solid defensively, gritty and has already won a cup.

Anyways, the Crosby example isn't even close. First of all, you are comparing the two because you're saying the G.M. of the player's team has the same reaction to Burke's demands for Versteeg. Burke isn't stupid enough to think of asking Crosby for Versteeg, nor would he ask for Tavares. However, seeing as the Flyers already have a solid core going forward for the next 5-10 years, there isn't much room for a somewhat underwhelming JVR to develop and grow as a player. This leads to the widely accepted rumour that JVR is available.

What I'm saying is that no way does the Holmgren drop the phone when Burke says JVR.[/QUOTE]

You'd have better luck if Holmgren drops the soap.

Old
02-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
Not saying that there's any truth to this, but if there is, this might be what the Flyers Management staff is considering...

JVR's playoff stats

21 GP 3 G 3 A 6 Pts -4

Versteeg's playoff stats

39 GP 10 G 16 A 26 Pts -1 1 Stanley Cup Ring

That's a pretty sizable difference.

Now, I don't think that Philly would trade JVR straight-up for Versteeg, but I could easily see a deal centering around JVR, Carle, Versteeg, and Kaberle.

It would be an "All-in, let's get the Cup this year boys!" trade for Philly, while it would be Burke's kind of "seller's" trade where his team isn't set back that much in the short-term by it, and might actually get a jumpstart from it.
I still think Leafs would have to add a little more but yeah the deal would make sense if Philly are pushing all in. Versteeg is still a pretty young player that can play in all situations and could be a key player in the playoffs.

I am seeing some people throw in Carle and Kaberle as well... I don't know if Philly would still want Kaberle or maybe he would be attractive as a rental. Go all in this year and you save some cap getting rid of Carle.

JVR + Carle for Versteeg + Kaberle is something I would do... heck maybe even take Laperriere off their hands as well.

Old
02-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Jumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothertucker16 View Post
so whats the flyers excuse for not winning in 37 years ? lay off the philly cheese steaks....hahahaha

Probably following the Leafs example too closely.

Old
02-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Sergei Berezin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
Do you ever stop? Just shutup already and move on haha holy, it's like I have a stalker. You have an excuse for everything, people agree with my logic and all of a sudden "oh you're immature, you're not in University, people think EVERYTHING Leafs fans do are a joke". Really? It's people like you who give them a bad name.
Excuse me? This is forum. I have every right to stand up for what I believe and your responses are really too much for me to not respond to.

You really are immature, eh? Telling someone to shutup and calling them a stalker on a forum.

It's people like you who make me hate these boards. God, it's like you're hyped on too much sugar or something. Take a step back, take the finger off caps lock and sensibly respond to what someone has to say even if it doesn't agree with what you have to say. Everyone has an opinion, if you don't like hearing it, then don't come on these boards.

Also, funny you conveniently ignored my post which broke down your assessment of the rumor...

Old
02-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Sergei Berezin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
You'd have better luck if Holmgren drops the soap.
Ouuuu... that's nasty

Old
02-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Excuse me? This is forum. I have every right to stand up for what I believe and your responses are really too much for me to not respond to.

You really are immature, eh? Telling someone to shutup and calling them a stalker on a forum.

It's people like you who make me hate these boards. God, it's like you're hyped on too much sugar or something. Take a step back, take the finger off caps lock and sensibly respond to what someone has to say even if it doesn't agree with what you have to say. Everyone has an opinion, if you don't like hearing it, then don't come on these boards.

Also, funny you conveniently ignored my post which broke down your assessment of the rumor...
Yep, stalker, get off me kid.

Old
02-13-2011, 08:30 PM
NiL8r87

Quote:
Aww, you mad?

Old
02-13-2011, 08:30 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
I don't think Philly has the cap space to add Kaberle and Versteeg. Only one of them. I do think Versteeg could put them over the top though... Weather or not they would want to give up JVR is another question.

If anything it would be a Versteeg for JVR swap with Toronto adding in a prospect.

I no we just traded for Jake Gardiner but for value purposes how do philly fans feel about JVR for Versteeg and Gardiner?
No. No JVR for Versteeg. Not interested in that at all. Nor Kaberle for Carle, either. Leafs fans are acting like they are doing a favor taking Carle for a UFA Kaberle. That's insane.

Old
02-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Sergei Berezin

Quote:

Old
02-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseV87 View Post
Aww, you mad?
You mad? What people say when they have no structured argument.

Also, use something more recent, Cam'ron said that in 2006

I said my point, still haven't gotten a response to it yet.

Old
02-13-2011, 08:32 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
The Leafs don't own a third in this upcoming draft.
next years, or this years 2nd. But phillies 2nd or 3rd will be coming back to toronto

Old
02-13-2011, 08:33 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
I still think Leafs would have to add a little more but yeah the deal would make sense if Philly are pushing all in. Versteeg is still a pretty young player that can play in all situations and could be a key player in the playoffs.

I am seeing some people throw in Carle and Kaberle as well... I don't know if Philly would still want Kaberle or maybe he would be attractive as a rental. Go all in this year and you save some cap getting rid of Carle.

JVR + Carle for Versteeg + Kaberle is something I would do... heck maybe even take Laperriere off their hands as well.
Laperriere is on LTIR and will mostly likely never play again. He is immaterial. And adding Carle and Kaberle makes that deal WORSE. Kaberle is a UFA and no one (outside of a few haters within Philly) is trying to get rid of Carle. You'd have to add big time to that, or lock up Kaberle at a low hit first. Never in a million years does Holmgren trade JVR and Carle for Versteeg and a UFA Kaberle. That's brutal asset management.

Old
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Quote:
Now this kid is crying. I proved my point, people agreed with me, you said I don't go to University. Let's get back on track instead of spamming up this thread.

What was your rebuttal, to me saying...that some Leafs fans draw too many conclusions regarding trades, and this is point in case. The author said Burke might be interested in JVR, just like Philly is interested in Versteeg. Then in the Leafs forums, "Versteeg exchanged for JVR"

Now what's your point. Try not to go off on a tangent this time.

Old
NiL8r87

Quote:
You mad? What people say when they have no structured argument.

Also, use something more recent, Cam'ron said that in 2006

I said my point, still haven't gotten a response to it yet.
You know what else people say when they have no structured argument?

"STALKERRRRRRRR"

derp.

Old
02-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseV87 View Post
You know what else people say when they have no structured argument?

"STALKERRRRRRRR"

derp.
Yeah, read the entire thread before you herp n derp.

Old
02-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Sergei Berezin

Quote:
What? No it doesn't ...

Second, your comments are completely off base, and your example is not even close.

T.P. said that Flyers are probably interested in Versteeg and that the price could be JVR. He doesn't say that that is what Burke has specifically asked for, but he does insinuate that the price would probably be JVR, or something around that. Do you get it? To get Versteeg, you'd probably have to give up JVR is what he's saying...

By the way Versteeg is no slouch either, he's a 24 year-old 50 point scorer who plays the PP, PK, is solid defensively, gritty and has already won a cup.

Anyways, the Crosby example isn't even close. First of all, you are comparing the two because you're saying the G.M. of the player's team has the same reaction to Burke's demands for Versteeg. Burke isn't stupid enough to think of asking Crosby for Versteeg, nor would he ask for Tavares. However, seeing as the Flyers already have a solid core going forward for the next 5-10 years, there isn't much room for a somewhat underwhelming JVR to develop and grow as a player. This leads to the widely accepted rumour that JVR is available.

What I'm saying is that no way does the Holmgren drop the phone when Burke says JVR.

There - I quoted my response to you a while back, which you ignored.

Quote:
Now this kid is crying. I proved my point, people agreed with me, you said I don't go to University. Let's get back on track instead of spamming up this thread.

What was your rebuttal, to me saying...that some Leafs fans draw too many conclusions regarding trades, and this is point in case. The author said Burke might be interested in JVR, just like Philly is interested in Versteeg. Then in the Leafs forums, "Versteeg exchanged for JVR"

Now what's your point. Try not to go off on a tangent this time.
Do you even know what tangent means?

Old
02-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Quote:
There I quoted my response to you a while back which you ignored.

Do you even know what tangent means?
First I didn't ignore it. Second, as far as the tangent comment.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/go+off+on+a+tangent

Something called idioms, research some more when you're free Sergei.

Now for your post. I agree with the insinuating. But how much would you bet, if that name was Jeff Carter, or Claude Giroux, there would be a trade thread called "Giroux in exchange for Versteeg!" in the Leafs forum. There's a reason why the Flyers forum doesn't have a Versteeg for JVR thread yet the Leafs does. Unrealistic optimism and hope vs. Realistic perspectives.

Old
02-13-2011, 08:44 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
No. No JVR for Versteeg. Not interested in that at all. Nor Kaberle for Carle, either. Leafs fans are acting like they are doing a favor taking Carle for a UFA Kaberle. That's insane.
To play along, what would you expect to get in return if JVR was on the table? From Toronto specifically.

Old
02-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Sergei Berezin

Quote:
First I didn't ignore it. Second, as far as the tangent comment.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/go+off+on+a+tangent

Something called idioms, research some more when you're free Sergei.

Now for your post. I agree with the insinuating. But how much would you bet, if that name was Jeff Carter, or Claude Giroux, there would be a trade thread called "Giroux in exchange for Versteeg!" in the Leafs forum. There's a reason why the Flyers forum doesn't have a Versteeg for JVR thread yet the Leafs does. Unrealistic optimism and hope vs. Realistic perspectives.
Why do you keep replacing JVR with other players names? It's no where near the same thing because there is no way in hell that Giroux gets moved by the Flyers. He's a real gem and has beyond what they expected out of him. I don't understand why you keep replacing JVR with names of people who are untouchable. JVR isn't untouchable. He's very much out there and available for the right deal if it helps the Flyers towards a cup.

First of all, I'm going to say it again - the Leafs forum doesn't say JVR in exchange for Versteeg...

Second - the Flyers forum actually did have a thread titled 'Versteeg in Flyers future plans', but it was moved to a thread dedicated to deadline deals talk... seriously... go check for yourself.

Old
02-13-2011, 08:50 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
To play along, what would you expect to get in return if JVR was on the table? From Toronto specifically.
I think I speak for all Flyers fans when I say we fully expect to hold on to JVR. Stating what we would expect is just going to cause trouble.

Old
02-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Sergei Berezin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Laperriere is on LTIR and will mostly likely never play again. He is immaterial. And adding Carle and Kaberle makes that deal WORSE. Kaberle is a UFA and no one (outside of a few haters within Philly) is trying to get rid of Carle. You'd have to add big time to that, or lock up Kaberle at a low hit first. Never in a million years does Holmgren trade JVR and Carle for Versteeg and a UFA Kaberle. That's brutal asset management.
I think if you acquired Kaberle, he'd re-sign with you. In fact, at this point, it's almost inevitable that he's going to re-sign wherever he's traded to.

Closed Thread