HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers - Kings

Old
02-14-2011, 12:12 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=I am the Liquor;30910561]
Quote:
I just find it funny that a fan of a team that has done nothing for 42 of their 43 year existence would poke fun at a struggling team.
Once again, who cares about 43 years? Get into this milennium already.

Quote:
How old were you when the Kings went to the finals?
16. Why?

Quote:
Fact is your team has done squat, pretty much ever, so spare me the tee time talk, until you have something to brag about ok?
How about the fact my team has a very good chance at making the playoffs? I'm quite comfortable bragging about that, regardless of your opinion. Maybe you can go brag about another 1st overall pick?

Quote:
As far as trading Schenn goes, if I were a Kings fan, I would be dead set against it. If Lombardi trades Schenn, he needs to go, straight up. That being said your core is kind of spread out demographically. If it were up to me the core would be pared down to Kopitar, Schenn, JJ, Doughty, along with pieces like Clifford, Simmonds and Quick/Bernier. The rest of the team is expendable.
You'd have to add in Brown I think. I don't think he's a star or anything, but he's the type of guy you need to win.

Quote:
Going for it now at the expense of those prospects and/or Schenn would be stupid.
Agreed. Most Kings fans want to see us make a push starting next year, the biggest reason we don't want to see Schenn go. We'd rather let the kids develop one more year, then make a big push.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:44 PM
zeus3007*

[QUOTE=kingsfan;30912003]
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post

Once again, who cares about 43 years? Get into this milennium already.
It can be 5 years or 43 years, the point is those with a history (and currently) have a mediocre team should probably not be the first to crack jokes at how bad another team is. Glass houses and stones friend.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Jamin

Havent read the thread but based on the last two comments glass house sounds about right. Minus last year didnt the oilers beat kings in attendance. but the kings were rebuilding so their allowed to suck but then they go make fun of teams following the exact same team blue print

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:01 PM
northernKing

Posters need to remember that sometimes teams don't make good trading partners. IMO EDM's main question is what they plan on doing with Penner and Hemsky AFTER next season. If these guys are in the plans then they don't move them for prospects/draft picks. However when they become UFA's in 2012 guys like Hall, Eberle and MPS will be one year away from RFA and a new CBA should be in place.

Plus you need to factor in possible UFA EDM may sign this off season and next. The fact that these guys have been rumored to have been offered leads me to think that EDM management has already decided to move at least one of them this year.

LA on the other hand wants/needs to make the playoffs this season and not take a step back in their rebuild progression. They will likely move their 1st rd pick in 2011 and maybe even a mid level prospect like Teubert/Hickey/Voynov for a player that is 23-27 yrs old and has some term on their contract after this season. Players like Booth,Versteeg or Weiss. LA should be eying next season as the one were they take the next step and consider themselves true Cup contenders.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:11 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Havent read the thread but based on the last two comments glass house sounds about right. Minus last year didnt the oilers beat kings in attendance. but the kings were rebuilding so their allowed to suck but then they go make fun of teams following the exact same team blue print
You should read through the thread then, why would you even consider making a comment based on such a small sample?

As to the entire silly debate I don't think that many Kings fans are trying to disrespect what the Oilers used to be and wouldn't love to have had even half of their success but then at some point when all of the management and players have changed you have to start basing your opinion on something more relevant or recent.

Lets hold this debate for a couple of years and then see what the outcome is, success will be the best and most telling way of having an actual conclusion.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:28 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
You should read through the thread then, why would you even consider making a comment based on such a small sample?

As to the entire silly debate I don't think that many Kings fans are trying to disrespect what the Oilers used to be and wouldn't love to have had even half of their success but then at some point when all of the management and players have changed you have to start basing your opinion on something more relevant or recent.

Lets hold this debate for a couple of years and then see what the outcome is, success will be the best and most telling way of having an actual conclusion.
The question needs to be asked....Why take shots at another fanbase/team at all? I cant really think of a good reason unless it is playful ribbing between friends which doesnt apply here.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:58 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

[QUOTE=zeus3007;30912769]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post

It can be 5 years or 43 years, the point is those with a history (and currently) have a mediocre team should probably not be the first to crack jokes at how bad another team is. Glass houses and stones friend.
That's your opinion. Mine stemmed from reading fans of the worst team in the league taking shots at our line up. It can go both ways.

Old
02-14-2011, 01:59 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Hemsky for Schenn straight up?

02-14-2011, 02:00 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Wow, attendance figures now? Can't we stick to on ice stuff at least? Or should we delve into merchandise sales too? At this rate, the Leafs will be the greatest team ever.

Old
02-14-2011, 02:02 PM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauser View Post
Hemsky for Schenn straight up?
I got these quotes from Edmonton board regarding Hemsky next contract:

1. Good question, how much do you pay an injury prone 2nd line RW?

Because that is what he will be for the duration of the deal. That is why he should be dealt.

2. If they sign Hemsky for 5.5 mil for 5 years I will murder the entire Oilers organization with a chair.

3. I am thinking zero dollars over no years.

We would have to be moronic idiots to sign an injury prone floater to a long term big dollar deal.

4. Better than a thousand hollow words, is four words that brings peace. "Hemsky has been traded". Amen my flock

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:08 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post

Because that is what he will be for the duration of the deal. That is why he should be dealt.

2. If they sign Hemsky for 5.5 mil for 5 years I will murder the entire Oilers organization with a chair.

We would have to be moronic idiots to sign an injury prone floater to a long term big dollar deal.

4. Better than a thousand hollow words, is four words that brings peace. "Hemsky has been traded". Amen my flock
I guess not.

Honestly, I don't think the Kings should make a move at all. You guys have a good young core of players at every position and have the potential of becoming one of the most complete teams in hockey in the next couple of years. I know it's easy and tempting to move some of those pieces to try to speed up the process, but I wouldn't if I'm Dean Lombardi. Let the players continue to grow together and develop and ride that dynasty to multiple championships.

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:14 PM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauser View Post
I guess not.

Honestly, I don't think the Kings should make a move at all. You guys have a good young core of players at every position and have the potential of becoming one of the most complete teams in hockey in the next couple of years. I know it's easy and tempting to move some of those pieces to try to speed up the process, but I wouldn't if I'm Dean Lombardi. Let the players continue to grow together and develop and ride that dynasty to multiple championships.
Thank you for this.

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Angelus
Smile Time!

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I just find it funny that a fan of a team that has done nothing for 42 of their 43 year existence would poke fun at a struggling team.
If you really want to hit them where it hurts, mention how sad it is that even a franchise like the Ducks won the Cup before them.

"Recent success matters" is the lament of the loser.

Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post

We have hundreds of regular posters on HFOIL. Your bound to find a few people who don't like a player.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:57 PM
markisonfire

Can we just close this thread or something? There is no need to bash either franchise, or any franchise for that matter. I want them all to succeed, simply because I want the NHL to succeed.

Anyway, the original proposal is an absolute no from the Kings. I'm sure Edmonton would love to receive that, but it just isn't happening. There really isn't anything more to say. I could see a defensive prospect heading to Edmonton and a non-first-round pick, but other than that, I don't really see a deal. Even then, I don't think Penner is the answer.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
hey this one is still open ?????

I didn't read the last 400 pages but
No, we don't trad Schenn.

But i think the Hemsky for Schenn straight offer was really entertaining and made my day.

Why don't we try to make some realistic things......

Edmonton needs defense and the KIngs have a glut of defense.
Why is a Penner for defense deal out of question ???????

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I think the best I'd offer for Hemsky is a 1st round pick, a promising prospect like a Teubert or Hickey and an up and coming roster player like a Moller. Maybe a conditional 2nd or 3rd round pick in addition, dependent on how Hemsky holds up.

There are too many uncertainties with him and his health. He hasn't appeared in 80+ games in a season since 2005-06. While we're all aware he is a good player, what we don't know is how many games he'll be able to appear in. It is just as risky trading for Hemsky as it would be to trade him for prospects and picks.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 04:33 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChill View Post
Why don't you just not read the proposal then and move onto something else.... crazy idea I know.
Because I'm crazy enough to hope to see the awareness level of the average user on these boards evolve.

I want to see the entire group leave things like "1st line winger + 2 1st rounders for Malkin" or "Something some team can't afford to give up for 3-5 players who's value is equal to that single player."

Being Canadian, I'd like to see the average hockey fan take their hockey talk as serious as hockey itself.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 04:35 PM
whitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
hey this one is still open ?????

I didn't read the last 400 pages but
No, we don't trad Schenn.

But i think the Hemsky for Schenn straight offer was really entertaining and made my day.

Why don't we try to make some realistic things......

Edmonton needs defense and the KIngs have a glut of defense.
Why is a Penner for defense deal out of question ???????
Serious trade offer if we were interested which I myself am not. Hemsky and a 3rd and 4th for Schenn and LA's 1st. You may think I am crazy in junior Schenn looks pretty good but I picture him as an eventual 2nd line NHL center as I think Gagne is which means we don't want him. We would be smarter to go after both Forbert and Hickey. Defence prospects are what we need/want.

whitty is offline   Reply With Quote