HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Ryan White going to stay?

View Poll Results: Is he going to stay?
Yes 79 84.95%
No 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Gary320

vCash: 500
I see him going down once Cammalleri returns, but I'd send Eller down as well. It's not a knock on Eller, but Eller can gain alot more confidence by playing 1st line minutes in the AHL then playing in the NHL right now.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Megaforce

He was slowed by injury. And I mean, really slowed. My grandmother skates backwards faster. He looked like Gordie Howe in that gimmick game he played when he was 50 years old. But then Ryno took a day off and ate peyote with the native Cree elders in a reservation outside of Hamilton and re-visualized. Now he's smokin' hot.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:54 AM
Dekar

Not this year. In the off-season, we'll shed one of our 3rd or 4th liners and White will replace them. Looking at the free agent list, I'm guessing Pyatt won't be returning.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 03:43 AM
Komarov47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Definitely send Eller down until we really need him and/or he is ready for the NHL.

Keep White.
I fear Gauthier won't do it, just to not hear the "St-Louis won this trade" sentence. Eller had a very good first AHL with Peoria last season BTW. So send him down would be the perfect answer, let him have a blast in AHL, score a bunch of goals, even if we have to not see him until next season, a la Pacioretty.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 07:13 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
I fear Gauthier won't do it, just to not hear the "St-Louis won this trade" sentence. Eller had a very good first AHL with Peoria last season BTW. So send him down would be the perfect answer, let him have a blast in AHL, score a bunch of goals, even if we have to not see him until next season, a la Pacioretty.
Nah.

PG isn't that stupid. If he decides Eller would be better served by spending time at the AHL, he'll send it to the AHL. He won't risk misfiring somebody with as much talent as Eller.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:38 AM
neofury*

Just wanted to mention that if White does indeed make the leap the habs will have developed five AHL players into NHL players in one year.

Two are somewhat exceptions and it's understandable they're exceptional players:

1) Subban - was with us 2 games last season + post season, is only a real rookie now though.
2) Pacioretty - Played many NHL games but as totally ineffective. Went back down tore it up came up and is having a promising year. Since he never truly stayed up in the past and was sent down I'd consider this his true rookie season.
3) Desharnais - Clearly this guy is NHL ready.
4) Weber - Clearly this guy is NHL ready.
5) White - Could potentially stay up this year!
6*) Eller - will likely be sent back down next year and even if he hasn't, clearly he needed a bit more time a la Latendresse. That being said if he has an impressive playoff maybe we change our minds.

So really 4 were up, potentially 5 could be staying and there's even hope a 6th will be staying up with the team.

I think it's safe to put two rumors to rest:

1) Habs don't develop players properly
2) Habs suck at drafting - only in the first round but overall we're actually one of the best at later round drafting. We're no Detroit but still Subban and Halak say "Hi!".

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:57 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I think it's safe to put two rumors to rest:

1) Habs don't develop players properly
2) Habs suck at drafting - only in the first round but overall we're actually one of the best at later round drafting. We're no Detroit but still Subban and Halak say "Hi!".
I would like to add a 3rd one that needs to be put to bed and smothered in its sleep:

3) Jacques Martin can't help his young players develop properly.

The fact that the people on our team who are producing the most are our younglings, it's a testament that Martin do, in fact, know how to coach young talents.

Old
02-14-2011, 10:16 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Asking this in the nicest way possible I swear, but I figured you guys would know the story.

I caught an interview of Ryan White on TV yesterday....is he deaf? Or have some kind of condition with his ears?

I couldn't tell clearly from where I was standing compared to where the TV was but it almost looked like he had tubes or a hearing aid of some sort.

I just figured I'd ask.

I swear Im not trying to be ignorant or rude in anyway Im honestly just curious.

Thanks guys!

LoneWolf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Habitants

yes i think so, he has looked good in the last couple games. with Darche out, they need white in the lineup.

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:05 PM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
Asking this in the nicest way possible I swear, but I figured you guys would know the story.

I caught an interview of Ryan White on TV yesterday....is he deaf? Or have some kind of condition with his ears?

I couldn't tell clearly from where I was standing compared to where the TV was but it almost looked like he had tubes or a hearing aid of some sort.

I just figured I'd ask.

I swear Im not trying to be ignorant or rude in anyway Im honestly just curious.

Thanks guys!
It was probably just an earpiece to hear the interviewer, or a microphone.

Old
02-14-2011, 01:14 PM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
It was probably just an earpiece to hear the interviewer, or a microphone.
I said that too, but it just looked more complex, thats all.

Old
02-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
I said that too, but it just looked more complex, thats all.
Could be, but some headsets are complex looking too. Sometimes I wonder why broadcasters look like they're hooked up to the Matrix.

Old
02-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
Is he going to stay this time?
None of the above.

The correct answer is, it depends on his play. He'll need to bring it every night because he won't win you games on skill, so he has to play with a lot of energy.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Giontatas

Like most said already. I personally believe that the best situation for the Habs today and future would be to send Eller down and let him play top minutes while Whitey sticks.

Will that happen? Probably not. I believe mainly the same reason why Pyatt is still in the roster on a regular basis. Because PG does not want to admit that he made a bad deal in Eller.

And trust me, I love tommy pyatt. Hard worker, great PKer... but thats it.

Giontatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:30 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giontatas View Post
Will that happen? Probably not. I believe mainly the same reason why Pyatt is still in the roster on a regular basis. Because PG does not want to admit that he made a bad deal in Eller.
PG ain't that stupid.

Old
02-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Giontatas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
PG ain't that stupid.
Digging the Guardian Avatar btw...

I certainly hope you're right. But I see him going back upon Cammy's return sadly

Old
02-14-2011, 02:40 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Digging the Guardian Avatar btw...
edit1: Thanks, my love of comic books helps me forget the siliness of the whole Guardian business. I'd rather laugh and have fun at it than myself to death over it

edit2: However, I gotta say I have no idea who added these two girls to the Canadien picture. Nor do I have any idea WHO these girls are. But I like it, as it fits the Canadien's lady's man reputation.

Quote:
I certainly hope you're right. But I see him going back upon Cammy's return sadly
He'll probably send Eller.

Look, PG knows when to cut his losses. He initially believed Eller with the Habs would make him develop optimaly, and that's what he believes if he's gonna keep him up.

On the other hand, if he beleives top minutes in the AHL is better for Eller, so be it. Either way, "pride" won't have anything to do with it. PG ain't the kind of man who will keep making bad decision just to prove that a past decision was the "right" one.

And I seriously wonder who's gonna go at him if, indeed, it's become proven that Eller is a fluke. I mean, seriously, who? The Fans? When was last time they came in his office to chew him out?

the owner? I don't think Molson will go put his fingers there. PG has done a good job overall, and one bad trade that, overall, still was beneficial for the club is not the kind of decision you chew your GM for.

The Halak trade was good, 'cause it put Price on the spotlight with no safety net, and it paid of. Whatever we got in return for Halak was merely a bonus.

Old
02-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
He'll probably send Eller.

Look, PG knows when to cut his losses. He initially believed Eller with the Habs would make him develop optimaly, and that's what he believes if he's gonna keep him up.

On the other hand, if he beleives top minutes in the AHL is better for Eller, so be it. Either way, "pride" won't have anything to do with it. PG ain't the kind of man who will keep making bad decision just to prove that a past decision was the "right" one.

And I seriously wonder who's gonna go at him if, indeed, it's become proven that Eller is a fluke. I mean, seriously, who? The Fans? When was last time they came in his office to chew him out?

the owner? I don't think Molson will go put his fingers there. PG has done a good job overall, and one bad trade that, overall, still was beneficial for the club is not the kind of decision you chew your GM for.

The Halak trade was good, 'cause it put Price on the spotlight with no safety net, and it paid of. Whatever we got in return for Halak was merely a bonus.
This is 100% correct

But sending eller down, is not necesarily "cutting his losses" or "it was a bad trade", i really dont see it like that at ALL, i rly just see it as bringin up a 21 yr old kid too early, such as pacioretty, and that they should send him down NOW to play some top end minutes in AHL, especialy replacing desharnais' spot whos with the big team now and SHINING, eller has 2 goals in 50 games, desharnais has 5 goals in 18 games... so simply replace desharnais in the AHL with Eller, and keep someone like White up, whos made for bottom 6 role ANYWAY, soon as cammy returns to replace eller next to plekanec, this is what SHOULD happen

will it happen? no idea, seeing as how when darche returns, white or pyatt have to go anyway

But it seems clear that the odd men out are white, pyatt and logically eller, i dont see them rushing to send desharnais back down anytime soon over the other 3, when darche AND cammy come back

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:54 PM
BLONG7

White should stay, and Pyatt needs to go down...or be dealt...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Giontatas

Quote:
edit1: Thanks, my love of comic books helps me forget the siliness of the whole Guardian business. I'd rather laugh and have fun at it than myself to death over it
Tell me about it. I ordered the graphic novel as soon as it was available .... More for my little cousin and the occassional lulz that will ensue.

Don't get me wrong man. I loved the deal immediately. I always supported Price (my couple of posts spanned over 6 years will atest to that), I had always believed Price will succeed when he has no worry about losing the role. I had a strong feeling shipping Halak out would both help Carey's development as well as reinforce his sentiments towards Montreal down the line.

When many said "Eller WHO" I remembered the kid from his draft day. Big, strong, and a CENTER! I loved the deal. And you know what? I still do. I still think Ian Shultz can fill a Halpern-esque role down the line. I also believe the jury is still out on Eller.

There was this kid who played for the habs one season as a call-up I believe. Was supposed to be our next big body scorer. Had a less-than remarkable time with the club and then spent the next year developing in Hamilton. I THINK that guy may have been Max Pax!

Thats what I want. That's what I think we will see soon. Whether its this season, or Eller stays the rest of the time and starts in Hamilton next year, I'm okay with that. Because I know it will only help him to develop into the player that we all want, more importantly, the player that PG saw when he traded the goalie that brought us to the ECF...

I still feel it too early to call it a bad deal. There's never a bad deal I feel in hockey. There are steals, granted. But a BAD deal? Somehow down the line, I feel the deals balance out. Call me crazy, but I'm not ready to call the St Louis deal a loss for us. It takes more than a year to have a verdict in the League. From your posts, you and I seem to be on the same page.

But the gomez deal.... ehhhhhh... there's only so much one can defend THAT trade

Old
02-14-2011, 03:17 PM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:

edit2: However, I gotta say I have no idea who added these two girls to the Canadien picture. Nor do I have any idea WHO these girls are. But I like it, as it fits the Canadien's lady's man reputation.
Solka!! You are one of them! I knew it...

Old
02-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Dekar

Quote:
So much for the great avatar. If there needs to be any more proof that HF as a whole hates the Habs...

Old
02-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

If we don't deal a forward and not acquire one, he'll stay. Otherwise, he'll probably be sent back down.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Montreal Typical

I don't see what others see in White. He's nothing more than a band-aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
He looked like Gordie Howe in that gimmick game he played when he was 50 years old.
Gordie Howe had 41 points in 80 games as a 50 year old.

You meant the game he played when he was 69.

Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote