HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/13/11 vs NYI

Old
02-14-2011, 01:45 PM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Miller did answer the questions.

And when a Sabres rep said the interview was over, he said no and stayed.

He's not obligated to give the answers people want.
No, but "I feel fine" is an open ended answer. What is fine? A good answer would've been, "There's nothing wrong, I had a bad game...it happens."

msm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:11 PM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by htsportplaya View Post
No, but "I feel fine" is an open ended answer. What is fine? A good answer would've been, "There's nothing wrong, I had a bad game...it happens."
If he had admitted bad game, it might have been a better answer and more controlled. Again, maybe he was just pissed off with himself and Vogl took the brunt of it.

Sully still would have been all over him for being pedestrian and showing cracks.

"I feel fine" is not open ended. It is a closed statement.

He isnt going to say.."I feel burned out" to the media. That would be selling his coach up the river.... (maybe..... after the season is long over, he willsay something after looking back and in a manner so that it fell on his shoulders.).

He isnt going to say, "My left ankle is kiling me" if he has an injury .... opposing teams will pick up on it.

flyingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:44 PM
PuckSim8

Listening to the podcasts today, there seemed to be a concerted effort by the media to ask more direct questions. Seems like they took Miller's outburst to heart.

I could be reading too much into it, but the questions just seemed more pointed to me.

Last edited by PuckSim8: 02-14-2011 at 03:06 PM.
PuckSim8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by htsportplaya View Post
I don't think it's open ended, if you're fine it means nothing is wrong, end of story right there. And even if it was open ended, there is literally nothing else he can say, he followed it up by saying he was frustrated, etc. But as was pointed out, he can't admit to being worn out, he can't admit to an injury, even admitting to playing like **** is going to end up worse then him saying he's fine.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:42 PM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
I don't think it's open ended, if you're fine it means nothing is wrong, end of story right there. And even if it was open ended, there is literally nothing else he can say, he followed it up by saying he was frustrated, etc. But as was pointed out, he can't admit to being worn out, he can't admit to an injury, even admitting to playing like **** is going to end up worse then him saying he's fine.
I guess saying he "feels fine" isn't a good answer when he clearly isn't playing fine. Sure, Vogl could've come out and asked what went wrong, but that's a leading question that you don't really want to use.

Both could've done better work, but Miller's dealt with the media before and probably let his frustrations get the better of him.

msm29 is offline   Reply With Quote