HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your new prospects list

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2004, 09:15 PM
Fat Elvis

vCash: 500
Your new prospects list

This is my Opinion on how I'd rate our prospects now, flame away but come up with a better one of your own.

1. GREBS- Standout D-man who showed no reason he is not the real deal.
2. TUKS- Top 5 talent in draft showed he could play with big boys, has all around skills
3. BROWN- Showed he has the heart to play with the club, needs to show scoring touch next time around.
4. KANKO- Speedy pest able to get on score sheet, see if he can crack line-up and how affective is he in Manchester.
5. PUSH- Might be most offensively talented forward in organization, needs to show it in super league.
6. TAMBS- Has top end offensive talent, needs to rebound in junior year and be more consistant.
7. PETIOT- Toughest Dman in system plays strong defensive style stay at home.
8. HOGEBOOM- Says to have top 2 line talent with great overall skills, needs to show it in Manchester next season.
9. CLARKE- Showed he can put up numbers in AHL my longshot to make opening night roster.
10. BOYLE- Had average freshman year, needs to show he can use huge frame better and show he can make teammates better.
11. KARLSSON- Needs to show intensity of playoffs during regular season, needs to step up this season to show he's ready to come over.
12. JAMES- Showed improvement each year of collage and needs to carry it over to Manchester or even big club as energy line.
13. MUNCE- IMO top goalie on prospect list, needs to show steady improvements in all aspects of game.
14. ZABA- Surprise of our new draftees of 2003, had great freshman year needs to carry over to show it was no fluke.
15. ZISKA- This is his make or break year and needs to improve everywhere and show he can play at next level.
16 LEHOUX- Read Ziska.

That's it, only 16 because the rest don't make my list and in fact 15 and 16 probably should not be there but they need to show it This year.
My boarderline guys:
FLINN- Needs to be a better hockey player which includes skating, until he can learn to skate he won't crack an AM lineup.
Guerin- If he has a good sophmore year he will make my list next time.
The Goalies: Marsters, Brust and Chouinard- Needs to show improvements and are capable of being a difference maker on a winning team.
Euros- Eriksson, Juntunen, Tenkanen and Mantyla--Three may not have the size to intrigue organization to bring them over, Juntunen needs to step up this year in a big way.
New Draftees-- They're new, let's wait a little while so we can get a chance to look at what we have.

Flame away!

Old
06-29-2004, 09:52 PM
Peter James Bond

good list.

>>>6. TAMBS- Has top end offensive talent, needs to rebound in junior year and be more consistant.<<<

In one of Al Murray's interviews on lakings.com, Al revealed that Tambellini had a broken bone in his hand for the second half of last season that he was playing thru. This explains his production dropoff.

I fully expect him to bounce back and have a Hobey Baker type season. Tambellini's skating, skills, and shot are all top end.

Old
06-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond
good list.

>>>6. TAMBS- Has top end offensive talent, needs to rebound in junior year and be more consistant.<<<

In one of Al Murray's interviews on lakings.com, Al revealed that Tambellini had a broken bone in his hand for the second half of last season that he was playing thru. This explains his production dropoff.

I fully expect him to bounce back and have a Hobey Baker type season. Tambellini's skating, skills, and shot are all top end.
I did not know that!

Old
06-29-2004, 10:00 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond
good list.

That makes me feel a lot better about his lackluster season last year.

Old
06-29-2004, 10:50 PM
Peter James Bond

I just found this post on hockeysfuture from a poster (IFK) from Finland. He is keenly aware of ALL of his countrymen's players / prospects.
Heres what he wrote about Tukonen:

>>I think he was big steal and i think he was top 5 in this draft. I think some teams (Atlanta, Anaheim?) was take tey choice who they going to wanna take first when draft start so they think keep they choice, but i say that they make big mistakes. Tukonen was youngest player in the whole draft and he's fall was little miracle and early christmas present for Los Angeles. Tukonen is much better what many understand yet and i think he is real deal who can make big impact in the NHL. Tukonen and Nokelainen look very much same, but Tukonen has more upside and he is much better offensively. Nokelainen is better defensively, but Tukonen is also good in the defensive zone.<<<

HERES THE THREAD THAT HE STARTED:
(he lists Tukonen as Finland's #2 overall prospect)

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=87570

Old
06-29-2004, 11:02 PM
maximil

Nice list. Here's mine:

1)Grebeshkov - high-end talent, might be ready to step in as early as next season
2)Tukonen - apparently very talented and is physically mature enough to get a shot at next years roster
3)Brown - excellent skills, very smart player, and a hard worker. could earn a spot on the team again
4)Cammalleri(sp?) - elite skills, very smart around the net. very small. i think he'll get his shot next season and he'll stick.
5)Zizka - further along than any of the other defense prospects below him. i'm not sold on him as an impact defenseman.
6)Kanko - from what i understand he's a lot like tyson nash. good skills and a pain to play agains. probably a year or two away
7)Tambellini - from what i understand world class skills and a good work ethic. might be a better scorer than kanko but kanko is closer to the NHL right now.
8)Puskarev (sp?) - wild card prospect and i have no clue about him. ask someone else
9)Clarke - excellent skills, hard working, small size. the size keeps him in the AHL for next season.
10)Munce - from what i understand he is one of the best goalies in the OHL.
11)Hodgeboom - great numbers in college don't necessarily translate to the AHL.
11)Petiot - don't know much about him. i will say i like what i have read. he's a couple of years away.
12)Boyle - huge size/potential. improvement comes with time. he's got plenty of it. you can't score points when your not on the ice.
13)Karlsson - it is weird to me he hasn't been over here yet. what do you think he would look like against Tukonen?
14)Brust - good numbers in the WHL. he'll be in competition for the #1 job in manchester.
15)Zaba - he might be better than Munce, i just don't know.
16)Lehoux - this guy is probably more talented than a bunch of guys on this list. it's too bad he's running out of time.
17)Baier - He sounds good to me.
18)James - i just don't see him in the NHL.

Basically, I'm taking into consideration how NHL ready these players are and what their potential might be like to be an impact player in the NHL. Neither factor alone decided this list.

Keep in mind I've barely seen any of these players play and I'm basing my opinion on what I've read.

Old
06-30-2004, 01:49 AM
Saprykin Fan

hey

bad list dude, no way zizka is that high, my as well put mantayla up there as well :lol n e who, heres my list from what i have heard about the players from certain people

1. Brown- he will be a star
2. Tukonen- should have taken swartz though.
3. Tambelenni- will have a huge year, brother said he looks solid, way better away from the puck
4. Kanko- i wanna see him live to see what he can do.
5. Pushkarov- maybe higher
6. Grebeskov- maybe even lower from what ive heard.
7. Petiot- steal, not that far away, from hittin the big's, and no im not being biased
8. Murray- huge,huge,huge, steal. anyone watch nort dakota vs colorado college game, hehe richard got burnt. just awsome brady is.
9. No Dogg(clarke)- only if he had size, im pulling for ya buddy, he is the reason why i think Sejna did so well.
10. Guerin- this kid's stock is rising fast, i told richard before the draft, he was goin to be the steal of the draft in the late rounds.
11. Karlsson- huge project but will turn out solid, bring him over to north america
12. James- same as noah, needs more size.
13. Munce- solid goalie here but not enough to be a starter.
14. Zaba- same as munce, im not to sold on this guy yet, he is very quick, and fast from what ive seen in practise.
15. Boyle- i knew kings shouldnt have picked this guy, never liked him from day one.
16 Hogeboom- solid third or fourth liner.

Old
06-30-2004, 02:04 AM
maximil

I totally forgot about Brady Murray.

Old
06-30-2004, 02:22 AM
Saprykin Fan

hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saprykin Fan
bad list dude, no way zizka is that high, my as well put mantayla up there as well :lol n e who, heres my list from what i have heard about the players from certain people

1. Brown- he will be a star
2. Tukonen- should have taken swartz though.
3. Tambelenni- will have a huge year, brother said he looks solid, way better away from the puck
4. Kanko- i wanna see him live to see what he can do.
5. Pushkarov- maybe higher
6. Grebeskov- maybe even lower from what ive heard.
7. Petiot- steal, not that far away, from hittin the big's, and no im not being biased
8. Murray- huge,huge,huge, steal. anyone watch nort dakota vs colorado college game, hehe richard got burnt. just awsome brady is.
9. No Dogg(clarke)- only if he had size, im pulling for ya buddy, he is the reason why i think Sejna did so well.
10. Guerin- this kid's stock is rising fast, i told richard before the draft, he was goin to be the steal of the draft in the late rounds.
11. Karlsson- huge project but will turn out solid, bring him over to north america
12. James- same as noah, needs more size.
13. Munce- solid goalie here but not enough to be a starter.
14. Zaba- same as munce, im not to sold on this guy yet, he is very quick, and fast from what ive seen in practise.
15. Boyle- i knew kings shouldnt have picked this guy, never liked him from day one.
16 Hogeboom- solid third or fourth liner.

what are peoples thoughts on my list? u can be critical to if ya want.

Old
06-30-2004, 03:16 AM
OC Kings Fan 24

I think its safe to say that the past few prospects and training camps, Kanko hasnt shown much. Anybody agree with me? I cant wait til prospect camp. anyword on the roster ?

Old
06-30-2004, 04:13 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Well, I disagree with what you have to say about Boyle. Granted, I would rather they would have taken O'Sullivan, but Boyle is not a slug. He got third/fourth line plus power play ice time on one of the best hockey schools in the United States. He is a project, but if you're willing to label Karlsson a solid player, you should at least consider giving Boyle the same potential. They are in similar circumstances, after all.

Just hope this kid can skate well and learns to play with an edge. And be glad we didn't pick him #5 overall a la Blake Wheeler.

Old
06-30-2004, 10:43 AM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
I forgot about Murry and would place him 10th which isn't bad, but I want one more year just like his first. I'd disagree with Grebs being so low and possibly lower on your list, not sure what he has done to deserve being lowered. Guy got hurt, took him a little while to adjust to NA, new language and culture, after that adjustment period the guy played solid hockey for us and Manchester. Showed nothing to me to lower him on lists, would like to see how he does this season. From all scouting reports Hogeboom has top 2 line talent, you would know better than I, what do you see in him that says 3rd-4th line? I have to agree with Guerin, loved picking him in the 9th (Think Parse can be the Guerin of this draft) but I held him back to see if he can repeat his freshman season. I should swap him for Ziska on my list. How far off am I?

Old
06-30-2004, 11:51 AM
tc

Send a message via AIM to tc
Quote:
I don't see how you can have Grebs that low. The guy is a bona-fide top prospect on just about any team in the NHL right now, at least IMO.

I would actually put your bro a notch or two higher.

I think your list would be great if size was not an issue on the NHL level. I just think Brady Murray and Connor James have Hubie McDonough written all over them.

Hope you are right though.

Old
06-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Jungle Boy

Tukonen
Brown
Grebeshkov
Tambelini
Pushkarov
Boyle
Petiot
Karlsson
Kanko
Baier
Murray
Hogeboom

I think that the Serbian guy and the Japanese goalie are two guys that could become great players.

If you stop and make the Kings organization Under 28 team

Frolov Boyle Tukonen
Tambs Push Brown
Karlsson Avery Kanko
______ _____ _____
Grebs Gleason
Petiot Baier
_____ _____

Garon
Munce

fill the blanks

Old
06-30-2004, 03:35 PM
Saprykin Fan

hey

on grebs, im just going on from what i have from good sources i cannot say due to team policy, but wish i could tell the reason but i think its best if i don't. just i wouldnt put him that high. kings have a very solid team in the future, and i see all players ahead of him from what ive heard and seen and been told by some guy from daysland, alberta.

Old
06-30-2004, 04:06 PM
palffytofrovlov

Interesting... since I we haven't heard anything negative about Grebs... But as far as impact with the Kings I would rate the players like this.

1. Tukonen
2. Brown
3. Grebs
4. Cams
5. Tambellini
6. Kanko
7. Petitot
8. Pushkarev
9. Boyle
10. Karlsson....

From what I saw from Grebeshkov was a smooth defender...

Old
06-30-2004, 04:23 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
1) Grebeshkov
2) Camms
3) Tukonnen
4) Brown
5) Kanko
6) Tamballeni
7) Pushkarov
8) Boyle
9) Petiot
10) Hogeboom
11) Karlsson
12) Murray
13) Clarke
14) James
15) Lehoux (young)
16) Munce (can be great)
17) Zaba
18) Guerin
19) Zizka
20) Steckle
21) Braier

Old
06-30-2004, 05:23 PM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
Quote:
on grebs, im just going on from what i have from good sources i cannot say due to team policy, but wish i could tell the reason but i think its best if i don't. just i wouldnt put him that high. kings have a very solid team in the future, and i see all players ahead of him from what ive heard and seen and been told by some guy from daysland, alberta.
It's his third nipple, isn't it?

Old
06-30-2004, 05:45 PM
Fat Elvis

First hand observations on Karlsson from a Swedish dude a respectable source. Not very flatering.
hehe yup a favourite prospect of mine. With that being said I realize Karlsson is not likely to ever become that flashy high scoring power forward he was projected to become at an early age.. scoring bunch of points with the Swedish junior team.

At this point I would rank Karlsson around 25-30th probably.. on a list that is based on how good the players are now. He is a pretty good agitator, plays physical/dirty and has a wicked shot. Lacks creativity (although at times you see him put up Huselius-like moves.. as those that saw Karlsson in the playoffs might remember), not a great skater and not the best playmaker. Once a great scorer Karlsson is still working to transition his sniper instinct to the SEL.
At this point it would be more realistic to think that he will be a role player if he moves to the other side of the pond. You can never be too sure though.

Old
06-30-2004, 06:11 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

My List, Sans Cammalleri and Zizka

1 Dustin Brown – potential power forward forced his way onto Kings last year; could be Deadmarsh replacement down the road; frequent hitter exactly what the Kings’ system needed; needs to show more offense next season but good WC alleviates some or most of those concerns
2 Denis Grebeshkov – lesser version of Niedermayer/Redden (less offense, not quite the skater those two are); should become number two defenseman; will be in the NHL when he adds strength
3 Lauri Tukonen – very good all around player has power forward potential; look forward to seeing him at the prospect camp (Dave Taylor, in his Day 1 video recap, stated that Tukonen said he would make it in the pre-draft interview)

4 Jeff Tambellini – giving Jeff the benefit of the doubt; needs to be around 45-55 point range for Michigan next year
5 Petr Kanko – “Tanko” should become quality third liner in NHL
6 Konstantin Pushkarev* – basing most of this on positive reports from last season
7 Brian Boyle – huge forward prospect got his feet wet at BC last year; needs to put up better numbers in sophomore season (around 18-20 points); given the benefit of the doubt
8 Richard Petiot – CC D plays tough defensive defenseman role

9 Jens Karlsson – followed his typical pattern: poor regular season with a strong playoffs; needs to put up ~25 points next season; like Tambellini, giving him the benefit of the doubt
10 Brady Murray – had terrific freshman year with WCHA ROY honors; won gold medal with USA at WJC
11 Ryan Munce – became number one when Sarnia traded Gherson and put up respectable numbers
12 Noah Clarke – has shown huge progression in the last two years (37 points at CC in junior season, 70 points his senior season, and 51 points in Manchester last season)
13 Greg Hogeboom – was very good at prospect camp two years ago and in his junior season; numbers a bit below expectations senior year
14 Marty Guerin – was very good at prospect camp last year and put up great numbers as a freshman
15 Paul Baier* – 6’3 defenseman will be making the jump from Deerfield to Brown next year
16 Yanick Lehoux – after poor first half, took a step with strong last 20-25 games and playoffs; needs to take next step now

17 Barry Brust* – butterfly goalie with good puck skills
18 Matt Zaba – had a good very good freshman season; will he be able to get as much or more ice time with Curtis McElhinney healthy?
19 Ryan Flinn – our only heavyweight enforcer prospect
20 Connor James – stagnant production the last two years a cause for concern

Notes: An asterisk next to the player's name means I have never seen the playerin action. Players given the benefit of the doubt for their lack of offensive production are noted as such. The extra line of space represents a perceived gap in talent/quality.

Last edited by Sam: 06-30-2004 at 08:49 PM.
Old
06-30-2004, 08:23 PM
Fat Elvis

Sam, Baier is going to Brown not Maine, big difference in programs.

Old
06-30-2004, 08:50 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
Sam, Baier is going to Brown not Maine, big difference in programs.
Whoops! Thanks for catching that. Don't know why I go them confused.

Last edited by Sam: 07-01-2004 at 12:44 AM.
Old
06-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Saprykin Fan

hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
1 Dustin Brown – potential power forward forced his way onto Kings last year; could be Deadmarsh replacement down the road; frequent hitter exactly what the Kings’ system needed; needs to show more offense next season but good WC alleviates some or most of those concerns
2 Denis Grebeshkov – lesser version of Niedermayer/Redden (less offense, not quite the skater those two are); should become number two defenseman; will be in the NHL when he adds strength
3 Lauri Tukonen – very good all around player has power forward potential; look forward to seeing him at the prospect camp (Dave Taylor, in his Day 1 video recap, stated that Tukonen said he would make it in the pre-draft interview)

4 Jeff Tambellini – giving Jeff the benefit of the doubt; needs to be around 45-55 point range for Michigan next year
5 Petr Kanko – “Tanko” should become quality third liner in NHL
6 Konstantin Pushkarev* – basing most of this on positive reports from last season
7 Brian Boyle – huge forward prospect got his feet wet at BC last year; needs to put up better numbers in sophomore season (around 18-20 points); given the benefit of the doubt
8 Richard Petiot – CC D plays tough defensive defenseman role

9 Jens Karlsson – followed his typical pattern: poor regular season with a strong playoffs; needs to put up ~25 points next season; like Tambellini, giving him the benefit of the doubt
10 Brady Murray – had terrific freshman year with WCHA ROY honors; won gold medal with USA at WJC
11 Ryan Munce – became number one when Sarnia traded Gherson and put up respectable numbers
12 Noah Clarke – has shown huge progression in the last two years (37 points at CC in junior season, 70 points his senior season, and 51 points in Manchester last season)
13 Greg Hogeboom – was very good at prospect camp two years ago and in his junior season; numbers a bit below expectations senior year
14 Marty Guerin – was very good at prospect camp last year and put up great numbers as a freshman
15 Paul Baier* – 6’3 defenseman will be making the jump from Deerfield to Brown next year
16 Yanick Lehoux – after poor first half, took a step with strong last 20-25 games and playoffs; needs to take next step now

17 Barry Brust* – butterfly goalie with good puck skills
18 Matt Zaba – had a good very good freshman season; will he be able to get as much or more ice time with Curtis McElhinney healthy?
19 Ryan Flinn – our only heavyweight enforcer prospect
20 Connor James – stagnant production the last two years a cause for concern

Notes: An asterisk next to the player's name means I have never seen the playerin action. Players given the benefit of the doubt for their lack of offensive production are noted as such. The extra line of space represents a perceived gap in talent/quality.

Where did you get the idea colorado college plays defensive hockey, if anyhting there far from that, almost all defence are offensive, 6 out 8 probably, and there forwards are loaded with offensive skill, lol, just wondering where you got your info from?

Old
06-30-2004, 10:10 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Where did you get the idea colorado college plays defensive hockey, if anyhting there far from that, almost all defence are offensive, 6 out 8 probably, and there forwards are loaded with offensive skill, lol, just wondering where you got your info from?
I didn't mean that Colorado College plays defensive hockey but rather that Petiot is a tough defensive defenseman. I guess I should have put D-man instead of D to make it more clear.

Old
07-01-2004, 09:07 PM
KINGLEWOOD

Here's my list, hopefully we'll know a bit more on our recent draftees after the summer camp.

1.Grebeshkov D 6'0 L :Highly skilled,+ championships & gold medals get him #1.
2.Brown RW 6'1 R :Showed he can play in NHL, scoring will come.
3.Tukonen RW 6'2 R :Might be our best prospect, still only 17 yrs. old WOW!
4.Kanko RW 5'9 L :Most likely will get some games with the Kings next year.
5.Tambellini LW 5'11 L :I'm not worried about his slump, too much skill.
6.Pushkarev LW/RW 6'0 R ure goal scorer, needs to get stronger.
7.Boyle C 6'7 L :Huge upside, we'll see if he can put it all together.
8.Petiot D 6'4 L :I think he's ready for a contract, moves well for his size.
9.Karlsson LW 6'3 R :Mr.Playoffs might be better suited for NHL.
10.Murray C 5'9 L :Were not surprised to see him scoring for North Dakota.
11.Munce G 6'2 R :Was just invited to Team Canada's summer camp.
12.Hogeboom RW 6'0 R :Will get to develop in Manchester next year.
13.Guerin LW/RW 6'1 R :He really is better than we give him credit for.
14.Lehoux C 6'0 R :All the skills to play in the NHL, needs to show up consistantly.
15.Clarke LW 5'9 L :A bit older than most prospects but he adds depth.
16.Brust G 6'2 R :Only 20 yrs. old played 4 years in WHL.
17.Zaba G 6'1 R: Played great for CC, will get more time next year.
18.Baier D 6'4 R :Kings seem to be high on him, he's a "great skater" and is 6'4.
19.Lukacevic LW 6'1 L :Al Murray says he's got top end talent.
20.Parse RW 6'0 R :Led Neb. Omaha in scoring!

Extras: Danny Taylor G 6'0 (Had good numbers in OHL)
Ryan Flinn LW 6'5 (With Brennan gone he should get time with Kings)

Last edited by KINGLEWOOD: 07-02-2004 at 01:18 AM.
Closed Thread