HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Development camp roster released

Old
06-29-2015, 02:14 PM
newfy

vCash: 500
Development camp roster released

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=772876

At a quick glance, they invited a Korean national team member. Didnt expect that

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 02:17 PM
Adityase

Send a message via AIM to Adityase
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post

At a quick glance, they invited a Korean national team member. Didnt expect that
2 members of the team! Huh.

And Michael Babcock!

Adityase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 02:21 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

That's Jim Paek's influence, I think.

Interesting that they brought Alex Kile. For most of the season, he was the third guy on the line with Larkin and Hyman. Scored a bunch of goals, but went somewhat cold when he got taken off the line.

Also: Lidstrom's kids will be there! I heard they don't really have pro potential, but that's still pretty cool.

Also: also: they've brought McNulty back. Wonder if they're letting him play for an AHL-level deal, a la McCollum.

Guru Meditation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 02:22 PM
Frk It
Thanks for Green!

Adam Lidstrom and Kevin Lidstrom... give those kid's a contract. Don't even need to see them play.

McNulty a camp invite but not Wheaton, interesting.

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 02:27 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

They've brought back some of the frequent flyers, too. (like Globke, Verrier, Greco, Spink, etc.) They must see something in these kids to keep bringing them back.

Old
06-29-2015, 02:27 PM
Frk It
Thanks for Green!

This Betz kid is 6'5" and 207 lbs. RH shooting forward.

from eliteprospects

Quote:
Betz has terrific size and a excellent net presence. He is not the best skater, but was a key contributor in Erie's secondary scoring group this season thanks to his powerful shot. He slowed down as the season went on, but could be an intriguing late round NHL draft pick. (Tyler Parchem, EP 2015) - See more at:
Jarrett Myer is a 6'8", 240 lb defenseman. Also shoots right.

From eliteprospects

Quote:
Meyer is a massive defensive defenceman. Meyer lacks an offensive game, but his massive size, reach and strength cannot be ignored. He is a project player, who only played 37 games this season, but being 6'8 240 at 18 is incredible.

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 02:31 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Check this out. Bryce Gervais scored a LOT of goals last year in the NCAA. 27 in 40 games. Undersized kid, though. Sounds like a solid AHL guy maybe.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=84736

Old
06-29-2015, 02:34 PM
WingsInRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Adam Lidstrom and Kevin Lidstrom... give those kid's a contract. Don't even need to see them play.

McNulty a camp invite but not Wheaton, interesting.
Let's just say if that came true, hearing the name Lidstrom wouldn't bring back good memories for people around here anymore..

WingsInRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 02:34 PM
rahuLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
This Betz kid is 6'5" and 207 lbs. RH shooting forward.

from eliteprospects

Jarrett Myer is a 6'8", 240 lb defenseman. Also shoots right.

From eliteprospects
jesus christ, i really missed out on the genes pool

rahuLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 02:41 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Grant Gabriele was ranked for this year's draft, but didn't get taken. Now he's on the way to WMU. I guess the Wings are looking around for the next DeKeyser.

ISS had him at #141, which is a 5th rounder.

Old
06-29-2015, 02:41 PM
ChadS

Too bad they didn't get Lazarev to pair with Svechnikov. Honestly, it seems like many of the guys they tend to invite are local guys with a slim to none chance of ever getting a contract. And a lot of same guys year after year.

From the CHL Betz and Meyer look interesting and might have a chance for a contract. Gabriele was ranked pretty high for this draft but he's heading to WMU so he won't be signed.

Good to see Melén there, 1st time in North America for him if he comes. McNulty getting another chance, I think he deserves it and could still earn a contact. No Kadeykin and McKee.

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 02:48 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Too bad they didn't get Lazarev to pair with Svechnikov. Honestly, it seems like many of the guys they tend to invite are local guys with a slim to none chance of ever getting a contract. And a lot of same guys year after year.

From the CHL Betz and Meyer look interesting and might have a chance for a contract. Gabriele was ranked pretty high for this draft but he's heading to WMU so he won't be signed.

Good to see Melén there, 1st time in North America for him if he comes. McNulty getting another chance, I think he deserves it and could still earn a contact. No Kadeykin and McKee.
McKee is on there. He's just listed as a forward.

Old
06-29-2015, 02:50 PM
Rzombo4 prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
That's Jim Paek's influence, I think.

Interesting that they brought Alex Kile. For most of the season, he was the third guy on the line with Larkin and Hyman. Scored a bunch of goals, but went somewhat cold when he got taken off the line.

Also: Lidstrom's kids will be there! I heard they don't really have pro potential, but that's still pretty cool.

Also: also: they've brought McNulty back. Wonder if they're letting him play for an AHL-level deal, a la McCollum.
Isn't Paek in charge of putting together Korea's Olympic team? I think I read that they have players in other camps as well.

I agree that it is odd to see McNulty there. I wonder what is going on with that.

Every year I hope to see Scott Savage and Gavin Bayreuther in our camp. If only they knew what was good for them.

Rzombo4 prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 02:52 PM
ChadS

Quote:
McKee is on there. He's just listed as a forward.
Oops, thanks. Pope missing because of NCAA rules and apparently can't afford it.

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 03:03 PM
Kyleftlx
twitter*****/kyle_ftl

Send a message via MSN to Kyleftlx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Oops, thanks. Pope missing because of NCAA rules and apparently can't afford it.
Kind of weird to hear... you'd think that, at the very least, the financial portion could be taken care of. The team wasted a draft pick on the guy, wouldn't they want him to develop at the best rate possible, and value something like the development camp?

Unfortunate for the guy, I don't know much about him, hopefully it isn't a huge blow to his future development.

Kyleftlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 03:08 PM
Flowah

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post

Two it seems. Maybe Paek wants them to pick up some skills so they can bring it back to Korea for their Olympic try.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 03:13 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Look at that forward group, though. This is going to be a really competitive camp. You can split it in half and have about 6-7 guys on each side with professional hockey upside.

Old
06-29-2015, 03:19 PM
Kyleftlx
twitter*****/kyle_ftl

Send a message via MSN to Kyleftlx
Quote:
Look at that forward group, though. This is going to be a really competitive camp. You can split it in half and have about 6-7 guys on each side with professional hockey upside.
The forward group has been stacked for a few years at camp it seems. It's alarming the number of forwards this year with rights owned by Detroit vs. defense. I think we're in for a year pretty soon, 2016 or 2017, where Detroit drafts really defense heavy - somewhat like the center heavy draft of 2014.

Kyleftlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 03:24 PM
Rzombo4 prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleftlx View Post
Kind of weird to hear... you'd think that, at the very least, the financial portion could be taken care of. The team wasted a draft pick on the guy, wouldn't they want him to develop at the best rate possible, and value something like the development camp?

Unfortunate for the guy, I don't know much about him, hopefully it isn't a huge blow to his future development.
To retain NCAA eligibility, NCAA draft picks must pay the full freight of attending these camps. They technically can't even accept a discount on lodging. This is a very long-standing rule.

Pope could also have some summer class obligations we don't know about. I wouldn't worry about this impacting his long-term development.

Rzombo4 prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 03:32 PM
SimplySolace

Meyer guy is interesting, but I'm more intrigued in how he managed to get 0 pts in 34 games..

SimplySolace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 06:44 PM
TheOctopusKid

The Wings seem to always be the market leaders to unearth unmined and under scouted hockey talent...

Hold your breath, cause here comes The Korean 5...

On a more random note, I didn't realize that Paek has 2 Cups as a player to go with his Calder as a coach.

TheOctopusKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 07:18 PM
SimplySolace

@Bill_Roose

Notables on Team Howe at RedWings camp: Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi, Saarijarvi, Turgeon, Nastasiuk, Vahatalo, Babcock Jr., Kevin Lidstrom

Notables on Team Lindsay at RedWings camp: Ehn, Hicketts, Holmstrom, Holway, Larkin, Marsh, McKee, Pearson, Svechnikov, Van Pottelberghe.

SimplySolace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 08:09 PM
BinCookin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySolace View Post
Meyer guy is interesting, but I'm more intrigued in how he managed to get 0 pts in 34 games..
THey dont actually give Meyer a stick... He levels people and his partner grabs the puck.

LOL

BinCookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 08:27 PM
DatsDeking
Don' trade me bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySolace View Post
@Bill_Roose

Notables on Team Howe at RedWings camp: Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi, Saarijarvi, Turgeon, Nastasiuk, Vahatalo, Babcock Jr., Kevin Lidstrom

Notables on Team Lindsay at RedWings camp: Ehn, Hicketts, Holmstrom, Holway, Larkin, Marsh, McKee, Pearson, Svechnikov, Van Pottelberghe.
Team Howe looks a little stacked in comparison.

DatsDeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2015, 10:57 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Axel H (Flashy G)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsDeking View Post
Team Howe looks a little stacked in comparison.
But Larkin with Svechnikov tho.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote