HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting Detroit? Read This Thread!

Old
03-22-2017, 10:52 AM
Bongo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
Henry Ford Museum/ Greenfield Village will burn an entire day. Take a drive around Belle Isle, it's a mile from where you're staying. Eat at Hop Cat or Jolly Pumpkin. Check out 3rd Man Records if you eat at either of those places. Check and see if Detroit Bus Tours is running, Punch Bowl Social, Fowling Warehouse, stroll around Greektown, find a parkind area there and take the People Mover (to the game and for a tour)..that outta keep you occupied.
Thanks. I didn't want to spend the day in a bar. What's the weather going to be like? Here in Atlanta it was 86 yesterday and it's going to be 50 tomorrow.

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 06:59 PM
RabidBadger
Babcock swallows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Thanks. I didn't want to spend the day in a bar. What's the weather going to be like? Here in Atlanta it was 86 yesterday and it's going to be 50 tomorrow.
Not sure when you're coming. If it's soon, it will be chilly. There was still a fair amount of ice flow in the Detroit River yesterday. You lose about 10 degrees near the water, so layer up.

Speaking of, you'll be close to the river. The Milliken State Park River walk is close to you. That makes for a nice outing downtown.

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2017, 11:21 PM
LorenzoVonMatterhorn

In Windsor for a few weeks (from Vancouver) for work starting April 3. Looking to catch a ball game in Detroit Sunday April 9. 3rd game of the season, opening weekend, against the redsox .Will it be hard to get tickets day of, should i buy in advanced?

Thanks. Also any tips/suggestions while im there catching the game? Cheers

LorenzoVonMatterhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2017, 12:46 AM
silkyjohnson50

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoVonMatterhorn View Post
In Windsor for a few weeks (from Vancouver) for work starting April 3. Looking to catch a ball game in Detroit Sunday April 9. 3rd game of the season, opening weekend, against the redsox .Will it be hard to get tickets day of, should i buy in advanced?

I really don't know the answer to your question, but I just wanted to comment on your legendary username.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2017, 08:44 PM
FireBird71

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoVonMatterhorn View Post

Buy in advance...Red Sox fans come in droves to Detroit

FireBird71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2017, 07:55 AM
Bongo

I'm really jazzed up about my visit to the Joe on Saturday. If that game is half as good as the Leafs game I'll be satisfied.

Does anybody know anything about Steve's Soul Food?

Old
04-10-2017, 12:41 PM
Bongo

Thanks Detroit for a near perfect hockey weekend. I'm glad i got to see the Joe before it's gone. I only wish I'd come sooner.

Old
06-10-2017, 04:11 PM
Govment Cheese
Puppet Pooper

2017 preseason ticket prices?

I have a Michigan trip planned for September. Anyone have an info on preseason ticket prices?

Govment Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2017, 08:54 AM
guinness
swedish milkmaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govment Cheese View Post
I have a Michigan trip planned for September. Anyone have an info on preseason ticket prices?
Late reply, but they're were about a 1/3 of the face value on stubhub last I went to a game. Went last year, paid about $100 for 3 lower bowl seats, but then again, first at year the pizza palace could be a bit higher, but it's still pre-season.

Tigers tickets should be cheap too. Although if they're playing Cleveland, expect lots of Indians fans.

guinness is offline   Reply With Quote