HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halischuk reassigned

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2011, 12:55 PM
  #1
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,323
vCash: 500
Halischuk reassigned

http://admiralsroundtable.com/2011/0...ws-from-cincy/

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:04 PM
  #2
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Well, this was likely expected when Trotz didn't give Dumont and Halischuk any ice in the 3rd last night. Also means Goc is healthy enough to play (no one is 100% at this time of the year). Lastly, I can't help but think that Dumont becomes a healthy scratch this week when Svatos returns...

Kostitsyn - Goc - Erat
Wilson - Fisher - Svatos
Sullivan - Legwand - Hornqvist
Spaling - Smithson - Ward

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:57 PM
  #3
cleangene
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful Bellevue
Posts: 963
vCash: 500
Expected but sad, IMO.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:17 PM
  #4
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
I hope Dumont is a healthy scratch once Svatos returns. Now all we need is for Sullivan to be scratched as well.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 05:31 PM
  #5
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,575
vCash: 500
are we expecting Svatos on Tuesday or Thurs?

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 05:46 PM
  #6
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bburton86 View Post
are we expecting Svatos on Tuesday or Thurs?
I know hes been skating for a week or 2. Its him or Goc

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:56 PM
  #7
kivaerijo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: EastNashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,372
vCash: 500
wish halischuk could have stayed up..but good to know he is there in the future.

this team is going to look very different from what it was a week ago. have to say i am a little concerned.

sully better get his game back on track soon..i think he should be scratched before dumont. there are times where it looks like sully is completely scared out there, has 0 confidence and at times looks like he doesnt care.

what happens when o'reilly and tootoo come back? gonna be interesting finish

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:17 PM
  #8
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by bburton86 View Post
are we expecting Svatos on Tuesday or Thurs?
I'd say Goc on Tuesday, Svatos on Thursday. Svatos has been skating since last Sunday.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:56 PM
  #9
Reviled
Partisan
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 523
vCash: 500
Tootoo and O'RLY won't be back until roster limits are removed later in the season, side-stepping that problem.

Everyone back at that time gives us a forwards bench of:
O'RLY
Tootoo
Dumont
Belak
and in Milwaukee, these forwards have at least seen NHL ice:
Halischuck
Mueller
Thuresson
Klasen

I feel better about forward depth for the playoffs this year than any previous year.

Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:24 PM
  #10
predwings
Registered User
 
predwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brentwood/Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post
wish halischuk could have stayed up..but good to know he is there in the future.

this team is going to look very different from what it was a week ago. have to say i am a little concerned.

sully better get his game back on track soon..i think he should be scratched before dumont. there are times where it looks like sully is completely scared out there, has 0 confidence and at times looks like he doesnt care.

what happens when o'reilly and tootoo come back? gonna be interesting finish
They are both equally scared to pull the trigger on shots. I'd say Dumont has had more production overall, however I'd rather see them both called out soon and if they don't respond...scratch em. I've seen multiple occasions where they are in the circle with a decent shot or a good shot and pass it off behind the net or ring it around the boards...It frustrates me and I'm sure everyone else when we pass up on perfectly good scoring chances to pass it off and then turn it over.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:46 PM
  #11
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveTheTeamAlready View Post
Tootoo and O'RLY won't be back until roster limits are removed later in the season, side-stepping that problem.

Everyone back at that time gives us a forwards bench of:
O'RLY
Tootoo
Dumont
Belak
and in Milwaukee, these forwards have at least seen NHL ice:
Halischuck
Mueller
Thuresson
Klasen

I feel better about forward depth for the playoffs this year than any previous year.
Depth for forth line, third at best...
I dont see how it is gonna help us in PO...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:50 PM
  #12
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Well, this was likely expected when Trotz didn't give Dumont and Halischuk any ice in the 3rd last night. Also means Goc is healthy enough to play (no one is 100% at this time of the year). Lastly, I can't help but think that Dumont becomes a healthy scratch this week when Svatos returns...

Kostitsyn - Goc - Erat
Wilson - Fisher - Svatos
Sullivan - Legwand - Hornqvist
Spaling - Smithson - Ward
How about:

SK - Fisher/Goc - Erat
Wilson - Goc/Fisher - Hornqvist
Sully - Leggy - JP/Svatos
Spaling- Smithson - Svatos/JP

I feel like Ward is gone by DD.... Maybe I saw a dream...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:10 PM
  #13
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
How about:

SK - Fisher/Goc - Erat
Wilson - Goc/Fisher - Hornqvist
Sully - Leggy - JP/Svatos
Spaling- Smithson - Svatos/JP

I feel like Ward is gone by DD.... Maybe I saw a dream...
Ward isn't going anywhere. Beside you couldn't get that much for him anyways but he's valuable on this team. He's on a checking line and checking don't score but he's a beast and is valuable on the pp down low

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:29 PM
  #14
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Ward isn't going anywhere. Beside you couldn't get that much for him anyways but he's valuable on this team. He's on a checking line and checking don't score but he's a beast and is valuable on the pp down low
Ward is bringing goal to his net more recently then opposition.
And with Fisher I dont think we will see him on PP anymore...

He is one of the few with minus on this team... And UFA...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:44 PM
  #15
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Ward is bringing goal to his net more recently then opposition.
And with Fisher I dont think we will see him on PP anymore...

He is one of the few with minus on this team... And UFA...
Ward,Smithson and Spaling are all minuses. That has less to do with how good they are playing and more to do with the fact they are getting tons of ES time on the other team's best offensive lines and there main job is to shut them down. Any scoring they do is considered a plus. It's not surprising they are a minus.

I'd bet money Ward isn't gong anywhere. He is a big part of the PK and a good player on the grind line. Plus he is versatile enough to play anywhere (even if you would rather not see him on the PP) He's one of the strongest player's along the walls on the team. Yeah, he will probably walk at season's end but he has been a good player for us. Rather go to war with him for the rest of the season and let him walk then trade him just because he is going to be a UFA. I think Halischuck has been groomed pretty well to take his spot for next year. But that can wait till next year.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:10 PM
  #16
SilasAdams
Registered User
 
SilasAdams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Deadwood
Country: United States
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
guess im the only one doesnt want dumont scratched. i feel like if he had more ice time that he would produce more and also i would hate to see him scratched in the playoffs should we make it cause that would be a loss imo

SilasAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:51 PM
  #17
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,528
vCash: 500
I'd much rather play Dumont than Svatos.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:58 PM
  #18
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Ward,Smithson and Spaling are all minuses. That has less to do with how good they are playing and more to do with the fact they are getting tons of ES time on the other team's best offensive lines and there main job is to shut them down. Any scoring they do is considered a plus. It's not surprising they are a minus.

I'd bet money Ward isn't gong anywhere. He is a big part of the PK and a good player on the grind line. Plus he is versatile enough to play anywhere (even if you would rather not see him on the PP) He's one of the strongest player's along the walls on the team. Yeah, he will probably walk at season's end but he has been a good player for us. Rather go to war with him for the rest of the season and let him walk then trade him just because he is going to be a UFA. I think Halischuck has been groomed pretty well to take his spot for next year. But that can wait till next year.
Do you really have that mentality in Nashville, to stay put and get kicked out in first round, then try to upgrade and brake through.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:26 AM
  #19
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Do you really have that mentality in Nashville, to stay put and get kicked out in first round, then try to upgrade and brake through.
I don't really understand this comment. Trading Ward for a pick or something at the deadline upgrades us how? Ward is a piece to the puzzle. With the acquisition of Fisher Poile finally has the forward corps built as he has envisioned it. Three scoring lines with good 2 way centers and a very solid grind and bang line. I think Halischuck could do a decent job right now in Ward's spot but right now at this point Ward has more experience and is better in that spot. I want this team to be at full potential going into the playoffs and that includes a team with Ward.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:41 AM
  #20
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I'd much rather play Dumont than Svatos.
I'm the opposite.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:01 AM
  #21
kivaerijo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: EastNashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I'd much rather play Dumont than Svatos.
and i would play both of them over sully right now

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:03 AM
  #22
SilasAdams
Registered User
 
SilasAdams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Deadwood
Country: United States
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post
and i would play both of them over sully right now
id play all 3 over ward tbh

SilasAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:03 AM
  #23
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,984
vCash: 500
I take Svatos over Dumont...He puts the puck on net from anywhere and creates chances. Plus he has speed. Dumont doesnt have speed, always trys to pass first. And anyone can read what he is about to do he makes it so obvious...

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 05:20 AM
  #24
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi
 
CantbeatzPekka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: gamehendge
Country: Somalia
Posts: 4,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I take Svatos over Dumont...He puts the puck on net from anywhere and creates chances. Plus he has speed. Dumont doesnt have speed, always trys to pass first. And anyone can read what he is about to do he makes it so obvious...
Yea, IMO JP Robots offensive skill doesnt really make up for his overall play. Svatos, most importantly, has the speed and enough creativity to play on our top 9 effectively. But I would think Trotz puts in Dumont over Svatos but then again, you never know what he'll do.

Nothing against JP btw. Hes put too much into this team to be dismissed.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:50 AM
  #25
SilasAdams
Registered User
 
SilasAdams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Deadwood
Country: United States
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
Yea, IMO JP Robots offensive skill doesnt really make up for his overall play. Svatos, most importantly, has the speed and enough creativity to play on our top 9 effectively. But I would think Trotz puts in Dumont over Svatos but then again, you never know what he'll do.

Nothing against JP btw. Hes put too much into this team to be dismissed.
this. there is no reason why svatos should be scratched if healthy.

SilasAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.