HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Senators-Canucks

Old
02-14-2011, 11:19 PM
EkLOLund

vCash: 500
Senators-Canucks

To Canucks:

Chris Philips

To Senators:

Jordan Schroeder
2nd round pick

EkLOLund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

can't see vancouver giving up one of their better prospects for rental.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:23 PM
MISC*
Negged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EkLOLund View Post
To Canucks:

Chris Philips

To Senators:

2nd round pick

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:24 PM
BlamBlam

How about just the second for Neil?

BlamBlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:26 PM
gongshowmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlamBlam View Post
How about just the second for Neil?
done

gongshowmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Sensored

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gongshowmonkey View Post
done
I'd rather keep Neil, the team needs some toughness going forward.

Sensored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:29 PM
gongshowmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS4EVER View Post
I'd rather keep Neil, the team needs some toughness going forward.
going where?

gongshowmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Blarginator

I think Vancouver could take a look a this deal if they run out of defensemen lol. I can't believe how unlucky you guys are. With Salo's history of being injured often, the nucks could have only 2 regular D on the main roster. If you want to go all the way that won't be nearly enough..

Blarginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

No way, Gillis likes his 2-way defenders

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:38 PM
LostMyGlasses*

No chance.

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:38 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
going where?
As in icing a competent an NHL team who will not get ran out of the rink?

Me thinks Neil and Carkner are keepers in Ottawa.

At any rate, Neil would cost at least 1st because he is very effective at what he does i.e. probably most physical NHL forward and lead the league in hits among forwards every year, can play the game 12-15 min a night on your 3rd line (regular season or playoffs, on a loaded cup contender or not) and of course fight. He is also signed for multi years. A late 2nd rounder is not even worth a discussion.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
done
This.

OP: No tanks.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:50 PM
Blarginator

Well Phillips is good defensively and, while not being a PMD, he's not useless outside the defensive zone. He's got decent speed and first pass. He as also a good hockey IQ which allows him to pinch in the offensive zone at the right time. Sure he's more defensively minded but he's a very serviceable 3-4 defensemen.

Also, even if some of your guys come back from injuries, they won't be a 100%. They'll probably be rushed to come back and that's not an ideal situation to go far in the playoffs. With the pressure that's on your team to win the cup this year, they will need to trade for a good/decent defensemen and Phillips is one of the best options. Maybe his true value isn't that high but with vancouver's needs and pressure to win this year, they might not have the choice to pay a high price for a rental.

Old
02-15-2011, 12:02 AM
Peter Griffin

Lets see what Hamhuis' health status is in a couple weeks before declaring the Canucks need to add a good defenseman at the deadline. Ballard will be back in less than a month, Edler is slated to be back in early April and from all accounts Hamhuis' concussion symptoms are quite minor. I know a concussion is a can of worms, but his situation seems very similar to Samuelsson and Ballard who missed a handful of games and not Willie Mitchell who couldn't even be out in public weeks after his concussion because of the symptoms.

As it stands, I wouldn't touch this deal. If Hamhuis isn't showing signs of returning in two weeks, Phillips is a player that could be considered.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:21 AM
Blarginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Lets see what Hamhuis' health status is in a couple weeks before declaring the Canucks need to add a good defenseman at the deadline.
Yeah for sure they'll wait closer to the deadline no doubt. But in the event of needing a defensemen, I could see Phillips being dealt to the Canucks.

Quote:
Ballard will be back in less than a month, Edler is slated to be back in early April and from all accounts Hamhuis' concussion symptoms are quite minor. I know a concussion is a can of worms, but his situation seems very similar to Samuelsson and Ballard who missed a handful of games and not Willie Mitchell who couldn't even be out in public weeks after his concussion because of the symptoms.
April is fairly late for someone coming back from injury. I'm not sure if Edler could be as efficient as he is normally. I'm not saying he wouldn't be good but you need a guy to play at his best to go far in the playoffs. We'll see how Hamhuis recovers. Sidney Crosby is still out with a concussion and it didn't seem too serious at first. Also, Salo is still very injury-prone. But it's only speculations at this time.

Quote:
As it stands, I wouldn't touch this deal. If Hamhuis isn't showing signs of returning in two weeks, Phillips is a player that could be considered.
I'm not too familiar with your team's prospect so I can't comment on this one. If you needed Phillips at the deadline what do you think Vancouver would offer for him? I don't think a late 2nd round pick is enough.

Old
02-15-2011, 12:22 AM
SENSational Sens Fan

I wish...

SENSational Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:25 AM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

So when healthy going into the playoffs our D would be

Ehrhoff Edler
Bieksa Hamhuis
Ballard Phillips
Salo

That's nasty.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarginator View Post
Yeah for sure they'll wait closer to the deadline no doubt. But in the event of needing a defensemen, I could see Phillips being dealt to the Canucks.
Considering his cost capwise and asset wise, I think he'll be fairly low on Gillis' radar.

Quote:
I'm not too familiar with your teams prospect so I can't comment on this one. If you needed Phillips at the deadline what do you think Vancouver would offer for him? I don't think a late 2nd round pick is enough.
Depends on what the Sens need. I know they'd have interest in Schneider, but he's not going to get moved for a UFA rental. In fact, I highly doubt he's moved this year at all, the insurance he provides is to valuable.

The Canucks' 2nd will definitely be in play at the deadline IMO, as well some prospects I'm sure. I can see Schroeder possibly being moved, but for Chris Phillips? Not so sure. I really think Gillis' is going to address the team's forward group if he feels Hamhuis' will be ready to go before the post-season, he's really the team's only question mark at this point.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:53 AM
Blarginator

Quote:
Considering his cost capwise and asset wise, I think he'll be fairly low on Gillis' radar.
If Gillis is trying to fill hamhuis' spot at the deadline, it will be with a good defender and not a cheap 6th or 7th defensemen. Hamhuis is a guy who plays a big role on his team so if you want to replace him effectively, you need someone who can log a good amount of icetime and can contribute to the team. Phillips also has a lot of playoffs experience. He went to the SCF as one of our top pairing defensemen so I think it adds to his value.

Quote:
Depends on what the Sens need. I know they'd have interest in Schneider, but he's not going to get moved for a UFA rental. In fact, I highly doubt he's moved this year at all, the insurance he provides is to valuable.

The Canucks' 2nd will definitely be in play at the deadline IMO, as well some prospects I'm sure. I can see Schroeder possibly being moved, but for Chris Phillips? Not so sure. I really think Gillis' is going to address the team's forward group if he feels Hamhuis' will be ready to go before the post-season, he's really the team's only question mark at this point.
Well Ottawa is/will be looking for picks and prospects. I think Phillips can at least return a 2nd round pick but I wouldn't mind packaging him with someone to land a good prospect with it (or other picks). I know Gillis and the nucks fans like ruutu. He would bring grit and depth to your team and he's a UFA at the end of the year so if it doesn't work out he's gone at the end of the season.

I'm pretty sure a Phillips + Ruutu package would return something good for Ottawa

Old
02-15-2011, 05:32 AM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarginator View Post
If Gillis is trying to fill hamhuis' spot at the deadline, it will be with a good defender and not a cheap 6th or 7th defensemen. Hamhuis is a guy who plays a big role on his team so if you want to replace him effectively, you need someone who can log a good amount of icetime and can contribute to the team. Phillips also has a lot of playoffs experience. He went to the SCF as one of our top pairing defensemen so I think it adds to his value.

Well Ottawa is/will be looking for picks and prospects. I think Phillips can at least return a 2nd round pick but I wouldn't mind packaging him with someone to land a good prospect with it (or other picks). I know Gillis and the nucks fans like ruutu. He would bring grit and depth to your team and he's a UFA at the end of the year so if it doesn't work out he's gone at the end of the season.

I'm pretty sure a Phillips + Ruutu package would return something good for Ottawa
I don't think packaging the two together helps Vancouver more n would return less, do to the cap implications. Ballard nor Hamhuis have been put on LTIR yet.
We don't really have a salary dump on our team, more pressing is a decent sized forward who plays a grind game with some skill. Atleast someone consistently willing to drive the dirty areas n make life difficult for defenders.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 06:20 AM
The King of Town

Too much from the Canucks.

As for dealing Neil for a pick, no. Neil's a bit overpaid, but cap space is not an issue and we still need to ice 12 skaters. Picks don't skate that well.

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 08:52 AM
SensFan26

I doubt we even get Jordan Schroeder for Chris Phillips.

SensFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Hmm.. As of right now no.

Ofcourse, there's always the very real possibility that Salo will contract the bubonic plague soon and pass it along to Ehrhoff and Bieksa taking out our last few non-AHL defensemen... When this happens, which is more likely then most of you think, I'd consider this.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:13 AM
SpezDispenser

I wish.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Hmm.. As of right now no.

Ofcourse, there's always the very real possibility that Salo will contract the bubonic plague soon and pass it along to Ehrhoff and Bieksa taking out our last few non-AHL defensemen... When this happens, which is more likely then most of you think, I'd consider this.

Okay, we'll stay in touch.

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote