HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Fla/Nyi

Old
02-14-2011, 12:30 AM
Erick*

vCash: 500
Fla/Nyi

NYI: G Jacob Markstrom + 2 '11 2nd round picks
FLA: C/W Josh Bailey + '11 1st round pick

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

No thanks.

We are fine with Poulin IMO.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Grabner for free

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:48 AM
boredmale

Goaltender prospects generally have low value no matter how good they are

Even if we need a goaltender I would trade a potential top 5 pick(more likely top 3) for Markstrom or 2 2nd rounders for Bailey

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:52 AM
Erick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Goaltender prospects generally have low value no matter how good they are

Even if we need a goaltender I would trade a potential top 5 pick(more likely top 3) for Markstrom or 2 2nd rounders for Bailey
Would or wouldn't?

Old
02-14-2011, 12:53 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Would or wouldn't?
sorry I ment wouldn't

Old
02-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Erick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
sorry I ment wouldn't
Markstrom/1st rounder aside, what's Josh Bailey's value, at the moment? I think he's a good young forward who would fit in here, and it seems like he's on the Isles 3rd line (?) right now because of the good group of core forwards in Long Island.

Old
02-14-2011, 01:01 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Markstrom/1st rounder aside, what's Josh Bailey's value, at the moment? I think he's a good young forward who would fit in here, and it seems like he's on the Isles 3rd line (?) right now because of the good group of core forwards in Long Island.
I don't think it's worth trading him for what he would fetch on the open market. His value is basically low right now so it would be stupid to trade him unless somebody overpays.

If I had to guess his value if he was on the open market, I am guessing the highest his return in terms of draft picks would be 20-25 range(in the weak 2011 draft)

Old
02-14-2011, 01:09 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

No interest in Markstrom.

If I want anyone on the Panthers it's Gudbranson.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:03 AM
JT 91 NYI*

Why would we give up a top 3 pick for a goaltender that is not as good as Kevin Poulin, and then throw in a talented young center for 2 garbage draft picks in a weak draft?!

Gross proposal

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 05:11 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Nah.Isles will wait and let Koskinen,Poulin and Nilson keep developing.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 05:19 AM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHockey View Post
Why would we give up a top 3 pick for a goaltender that is not as good as Kevin Poulin, and then throw in a talented young center for 2 garbage draft picks in a weak draft?!

Gross proposal
lol

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:15 AM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
lol
Why is that funny? Poulin is the same age as Markstrom, and put up significantly better numbers this season in both the NHL and AHL than Markstrom put up in the AHL.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:40 AM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Why is that funny? Poulin is the same age as Markstrom, and put up significantly better numbers this season in both the NHL and AHL than Markstrom put up in the AHL.
Markstrom had to get used to NA ice and since december he's been absolutely spectacular on a horrendous Rochester team. Poulin is a good prospect but markstrom is the best goalie prospect as of now by a longshot. I understand you saying no to the proposal though as I would have.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:38 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Quote:
Florida doesn't do this trade. Markström is not getting moved unless it's an absolutely lopsided overpayment.

Seems like you're not so high on Markström Erick. Boy, have Markströms value dropped if Tallon would do this trade. Best goalie prospect should fetch that without having to add the second round picks. Look what people are asking for Schenn, Markström is Schenn in goalie version.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Hipster Doofus

So a lottery pick for a goalie when we already have Poulin? And Josh Bailey tossed in for good measure? Isles get destroyed.

Only way that pick gets moved is for a blueline anchor, a first line winger, or a 2nd line center. Goaltending can be found every year and we have an ace prospect as it is so thats would be terrible asset management given our other needs.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:13 AM
mkearney913
Bob Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHockey View Post

Gross proposal
Markstrom has a far higher ceiling than Poulin, not to mention that Bailey's potential is being quelled because he can't find a place in your lineup right now.

Snow never does this trade (also because Koskinen has played above his potential this year), but I don't think it's gross.

mkearney913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkearney913 View Post
Markstrom has a far higher ceiling than Poulin, not to mention that Bailey's potential is being quelled because he can't find a place in your lineup right now.

Snow never does this trade (also because Koskinen has played above his potential this year), but I don't think it's gross.
based on what? your opinion ? Poulin was far superior to markstrom on a much worse AHL team, it wasnt even close

oh yes its gross

and koskinen was considered the best goalie in the draft last year so who you trying to fool

Markstrom lost to NJ in his first game so hes not better than Poulin, as kevin vastly out played Markstrom this year in both the AHL and NHL, oh and Poulins younger too

nice try though

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 02-14-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:42 AM
kasper11

Without getting into a Marsktsom v. Poulin debate, this simply makes no sense for the Isles.

Not only has Poulin played well this year, but prospect Anders Nilsson has played well in Sweden and Koskinen has shown flashes at times.

If the Isles bring in a goaltender, it would need to be a proven vet, not another prospect. To trade two of the teams best assets to (possibly) upgrade at a deep position (at least as far as prospects are concerned) doesn't make sense.

kasper11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:42 AM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Florida doesn't do this trade. Markström is not getting moved unless it's an absolutely lopsided overpayment.

Seems like you're not so high on Markström Erick. Boy, have Markströms value dropped if Tallon would do this trade. Best goalie prospect should fetch that without having to add the second round picks. Look what people are asking for Schenn, Markström is Schenn in goalie version.
You're insane.

Proven NHL goaltenders on GOOD CONTRACTS get moved for less than that. Goaltenders who have not proven themselves in the NHL don't have much value. When is the last time a goaltending prospect got more than another goaltending prospect? Thibault to Montreal?

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:31 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
You're insane.

Proven NHL goaltenders on GOOD CONTRACTS get moved for less than that. Goaltenders who have not proven themselves in the NHL don't have much value. When is the last time a goaltending prospect got more than another goaltending prospect? Thibault to Montreal?
Markström has proven more than enough in the SEL. He just needed time to adjust to the small NA rinks. He is described as the next Lundqvist, who wouldn't give up that for a player like that. You clearly don't know much about Markström and his potential. He's numbers in the AHL has increased a lot after Christmas, and he plays on a team with poor defense. Rochester isn't exactly one of the powerhouses in the AHL.

Old
02-14-2011, 11:37 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
based on what? your opinion ? Poulin was far superior to markstrom on a much worse AHL team, it wasnt even close

oh yes its gross

and koskinen was considered the best goalie in the draft last year so who you trying to fool

Markstrom lost to NJ in his first game so hes not better than Poulin, as kevin vastly out played Markstrom this year in both the AHL and NHL, oh and Poulins younger too

nice try though
You couldn't be more wrong. Markström carried a SEL on his own at the age of 18. Markström has a way higher potential than Poulin. He is described as the next Lundqvist.

He let in two goals against the Devils, Clemmer started the game.

You don't judge players after one game. Markström has just gotten used to the smaller rinks and his numbers are increasing drastically.

Old
02-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Erick*

Quote:

I'm high on Markstrom, but I think you're overrating his value. Bailey is a solid NHL player already at the age of 21. He'd basically replace Frolik's offensive production on our team. Plus, the Isles 1st rounder is a lottery pick. We'd have, at worst, 2 of the top 10 picks in next year's draft.

I was actually thinking the deal might be slightly lopsided in our favor...

Old
02-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Markström has proven more than enough in the SEL. He just needed time to adjust to the small NA rinks. He is described as the next Lundqvist, who wouldn't give up that for a player like that. You clearly don't know much about Markström and his potential. He's numbers in the AHL has increased a lot after Christmas, and he plays on a team with poor defense. Rochester isn't exactly one of the powerhouses in the AHL.
Last time I heard this kind of hype is when there was a bidding war for Jonas Gustavsson. And before that, Fabian Brunnstrom so forgive me if I take the wait and see approach. Not to mention that Jaro Halak returned Lars Ellis and a second round pick and he's more valuable than Markstrom is, by a long shot.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:31 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
Last time I heard this kind of hype is when there was a bidding war for Jonas Gustavsson. And before that, Fabian Brunnstrom so forgive me if I take the wait and see approach. Not to mention that Jaro Halak returned Lars Ellis and a second round pick and he's more valuable than Markstrom is, by a long shot.
Gustavsson and Brunnstrom isn't even close to Markström. Not sure if you read all of my post, but Markström carried a SEL team ALONE at the age of 18.

Habs was kind of forced to move one of him and Price, and they received a highly tout of player like Eller and a prospect.

Not saying Markström is worth more, but it would take a MASSIVE OVERPAYMENT to get him out of Florida. He has sky-high potential. Look what people are asking for in return of Schenn (played 10 NHL games and 2 assists), Markström shouldn't fetch a lot less. Markström is the goalie version of Schenn at this point, maybe you will see that one day.