HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal set to scout Nashville for 3 games this week

Old
02-14-2011, 09:28 AM
MM425

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Would love to trade for Shane O'Brien. He would be exactly what we would be looking for.

Dumont + SOB = Spacek + AK + Kristo

(way out there?) lol
I'm not even sure I'd trade AK for Dumont + O'Brien straight up.

Dumont is having an awful year and has a bad cap hit and O'Brien really isn't that significant of an upgrade over what we already have.

Kostitsyn still has pretty decent trade value. He's been in JM's dog house all season and still should hit 20 goals. He's still relatively young and is at a decent cap number. Like I said before, the second he leaves the Montreal fishbowl, I fully expect him to play to his potential.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Patty Roy

Well AK going to Nashville makes sense.

Montreal looking at Dumont and O'Brien makes sense.

Any chance Nashville would be interested in taking Spacek as part of the deal?

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:32 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM425 View Post
Same here.

But what about AK + Spacek for Dumont + O'Brien?

Old
02-14-2011, 09:32 AM
predfan24

Can't see a roster D-man not named Sulzer or Boullion going anywhere this late into the season. Yes we are loaded with young D-men but they are inexperienced.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:34 AM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM425 View Post

Dumont is having an awful year and has a bad cap hit and O'Brien really isn't that significant of an upgrade over what we already have.

Kostitsyn still has pretty decent trade value. He's been in JM's dog house all season and still should hit 20 goals. He's still relatively young and is at a decent cap number. Like I said before, the second he leaves the Montreal fishbowl, I fully expect him to play to his potential.
Dumont's cap-hit would be tough to swallow, but with Hammer and Gill coming off the books we could take it. We also need to replace Hammer/Gill and Franson or SOB would help. Although i can't see Nashville trading Franson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Can't see a roster D-man not named Sulzer or Boullion going anywhere this late into the season. Yes we are loaded with young D-men but they are inexperienced.
That's where Jaro Spacek comes into play. He would be a positive influence on your D-corps. And he can even drop the gloves and eat punches.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Don't be fooled by Dumont's low point totals. It's purely because Trotz refuses to give him ice time and line mates. He is still a 50-60 point 2nd line winger IMO. A change of scenery would do him wonders.

Would Hamrlik be available?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:37 AM
odishabs

If Pierre Gauthier does Dumont for Kostitsyn, he deserves to be fired. Plain and simple. They need to target someone who is not over the hill ala booth or penner

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Don't be fooled by Dumont's low point totals. It's purely because Trotz refuses to give him ice time and line mates. He is still a 50-60 point 2nd line winger IMO. A change of scenery would do him wonders
That's what the Habs would be banking on. Of course the same thing can be said about Andrei Kostitsyn, only i believe his upside is much greater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
If Pierre Gauthier does Dumont for Kostitsyn, he deserves to be fired. Plain and simple. They need to target someone who is not over the hill ala booth or penner
Sure if you can get either one of them for AK...but do you really think there is any chance of that??

Old
02-14-2011, 09:38 AM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Don't be fooled by Dumont's low point totals. It's purely because Trotz refuses to give him ice time and line mates. He is still a 50-60 point 2nd line winger IMO. A change of scenery would do him wonders
That kind of logic doesn't really hold water. If Dumont had 50-60 point capability this season then Trotz would have him on your first line. Because lets face it, your most productive forward to date is Sergei Kostitsyn with 33 points (and 52pt pace)!

You can't sell a 32 year old Dumont as a guy with 60 point potential anymore when he's grossly under-performing this season.

Old
02-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
No...but Spacek would.

Old
02-14-2011, 09:44 AM
odishabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
Sure if you can get either one of them for AK...but do you really think there is any chance of that??
no not at all, what im saying is if the habs acquire dumont, than there would be no room for another forward, meaning he would be our "upgrade"

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Cammalleri -Desharnais - Pouliot
Moen - Gomez - Dumont
Darche - Halpern - White

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
That kind of logic doesn't really hold water. If Dumont had 50-60 point capability this season then Trotz would have him on your first line. Because lets face it, your most productive forward to date is Sergei Kostitsyn with 33 points (and 52pt pace)!

You can't sell a 32 year old Dumont as a guy with 60 point potential anymore when he's grossly under-performing this season.
Normally I would agree with you, but if you haven't been following the situation closely, you wouldn't know the whole story.

After Dumont refused to waive his NMC, Trotz said Dumont would be playing bottom line minutes (this was in June). Even when Dumont is playing great, he never gets moved up to a scoring line. In my eyes, he plays exactly the same as he has been for the past 3 seasons. I actually think he looks much better compared to last season. He's in better shape, hustles, and drives to the net. My theory is that Trotz has been giving him bad minutes in hopes that he would cave on his NMC. This of course is my own speculation.

But besides my crazy conspiracy theories, Dumont doesn't fit our system anymore. We've changed quite a bit, especially once Arnott left. He and Arnott were line mates for a long time and had great chemistry together. JP can't seem to find chemistry with anyone else.

Old
02-14-2011, 09:45 AM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Unfortunately no. Not with Markov and Gorges out for the season (and Gill currently injured). Hammer has turned into a work-horse and an important player despite being overpaid.

Old
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

You don't understand how Trotz works. In his system you limit turnovers and play solid defense and forecheck aggressively. Dumont is not a good forechecker and isn't the most solid defensive player so he's not going to get big minutes in this system.

Kostitsyn started out with like 2 points in his first 20 games and has been a point per game player since. He had a broken foot to start the season but played through it.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

My offer

Dumont
Sulzer or Blum
our 2nd

for
AK
Weber
5th round pick

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:47 AM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Normally I would agree with you, but if you haven't been following the situation closely, you wouldn't know the whole story.

After Dumont refused to waive his NMC, Trotz said Dumont would be playing bottom line minutes (this was in June). Even when Dumont is playing great, he never gets moved up to a scoring line. In my eyes, he plays exactly the same as he has been for the past 3 seasons. I actually think he looks much better compared to last season. My theory is that Trotz has been giving him bad minutes in hopes that he would cave on his NMC.

It would be difficult to sell that excuse on another team. Would your GM really state that he was "sweating" Dumont out in order to get him to waive which is the direct cause of his low production? This tactic would only lower Dumont's value (in this case bottom it out). Its not exactly good asset management. I don't see Trotz being that stupid.

Old
02-14-2011, 09:49 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
My offer

Dumont
Sulzer or Blum
our 2nd

for
AK
Weber
5th round pick
Not horrible, but i think the Habs will keep Weber unless he can be used with another asset to get an interesting top 6 player.

I would counter with:

AK
Spacek

for

Dumont
O'Brien

Old
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
it must be big, you're not going to scout someone three times this week with 2 weeks to go at the deadline without getting a serious look.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FanHabtic

Quote:
My offer

Dumont
Sulzer or Blum
our 2nd

for
AK
Weber
5th round pick
So you are proposing we take Dumont's 4 million dollar cap-hit AND Sullivan's 3.75M caphit? We don't have the cap-space even with the long-term injuries. Also Sullivan is another smurf (5'8).

Can't see the Habs sacrificing Weber to get a 2nd in return. Makes no sense. (Blum adds little value)

Old
02-14-2011, 09:51 AM
BigHabs

Quote:
Same could probably be said about Kostitsyn. I know some Habs fans are in the same boat, of him leaving Montreal and he will shine. Look at what it has done for his brother! His brother came with attitude on and off ice issues and distraction. He has turned it around given the chance.

Andrei who is quiet off the ice, is a physical winger on the ice and can pot some. He has seen 1st-4th line minutes this year as Martin hasn't him kept him on a line for a set period time all year. I don't think he will get it togetherin Montreal as everything is magnified.

Dumont and Kostitsyn if dealt will produce, I can gaurentee it. Andrei IMO has a way better all around game than his brother, he just has too much pressure I think here wanting him to shine all the time. Everyone can not score every night. he is getting the kind of the pressure that he has to or he is a failure right now in Montreal.

I think a Dumont and Kostitsyn deal would be like a Pouliot-Latendresse type deal. The only problem is salary.

One poster actually came up with a good solution.

Dumont
O'Brien

for

Spacek
Kostitsyn

We know the situation about Kostitsyn and Dumont. With Spacek 1 year left after this season the same with Dumont. It would be a little easier to swallow the salary of Dumont as it would be only 200k extra for next season. Kostitsyn and O'Brien both on their final year of their contracts, give the teams their needs. The salaries would work.

Nashville upgrades offensively as they get more production as of now from the players going back compared to going out. Spacek would definetly help a young blueline and stabilize the backend either on a 2nd pairing or 3rd pairing. Good +/- and has offensive upside. When playing on his good side, he plays very good.

O'Brien is what the Habs need IMO and Dumont could help fill Kostitsyn's role, maybe to the same or lesser extent.

So a deal around

Kostitsyn
Spacek

for

Dumont
O'Brien

makes sense and is fair.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
It would be difficult to sell that excuse on another team. Would your GM really state that he was "sweating" Dumont out in order to get him to waive which is the direct cause of his low production? This tactic would only lower Dumont's value (in this case bottom it out). Its not exactly good asset management. I don't see Trotz being that stupid.
It's not really an excuse, I'm just stating the current situation. But that's why you have scouts here Poile doesn't need to sell him, they will see for themselves.

If Dumont's ice time suddenly goes up this week, we'll know for sure lol

Old
02-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
So you are proposing we take Dumont's 4 million dollar cap-hit AND Sullivan's 3.75M caphit? We don't have the cap-space even with the long-term injuries. Also Sullivan is another smurf (5'8).

Can't see the Habs sacrificing Weber to get a 2nd in return. Makes no sense. (Blum adds little value)
where did I say Sullivan? I said Sulzer lol.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Darth Joker

Quote:
My offer

Dumont
Sulzer or Blum
our 2nd

for
AK
Weber
5th round pick
That's a fair offer.

The Habs could always try to flip Nashville's 2nd for a veteran D and have Sulzer become an insurance policy.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FanHabtic

Quote:
That's why you have scouts here Poile doesn't need to sell him, they will see for themselves.

If Dumont's ice time suddenly goes up this week, we'll know for sure lol
LOL! That would be pretty funny (and obvious) if his ice-time was dramatically increased.

I like the idea of a:

Spacek + AK for Dumont + SOB trade. The Preds get some experience on the blueline. They get an underperforming AK who still has potential (26 years old). Habs would be hoping that Dumont rebounds from a miserable season. They get a big, tough stay at home d-man which we are sorely needing. Its a win-win.

Preds have the cap-space to absorb the extra capspace. Spacek's contract has 1 more year it (as does Dumont's).

Quote:
where did I say Sullivan? I said Sulzer lol.
I thought Sulzer was his nickname!

Who is Sulzer? That trade is looking better now. hahaha

Old
02-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
Not horrible, but i think the Habs will keep Weber unless he can be used with another asset to get an interesting top 6 player.

I would counter with:

AK
Spacek

for

Dumont
O'Brien
I would counter with

AK
Spacek

for
Dumont
Sulzer/Blum