Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames 9 Avalanche 1

Old
02-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Roughneck

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Kipper driven from the net, Hagman held pointless and Jokinen was relegated to the bench for most of the game. What is wrong with our Finns!?

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:50 PM
CoRD
Shots Fired

vCash: 50
What a game! Sure hope Jokinen and Jackman are ok! Considering the score I'm sure Jokinen was just for safety purposes. Jackman looks like he might be out for a bit. ****.

Staois was a turnover machine tonight. We could definitely use another 5/6 d-man. I have a feeling that will be Feaster's first move.

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:53 PM
mustange70

now tied for fourth overall in goals for . . . . . . not bad, way to come back with a big F U comeback game, good job boys, hope to see a similar effort when i go to see the Dallas game ob wednesday.

mustange70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:53 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

Jackman is going to be so hard to replace if he's out for an extended amount of time. Glencross and Moss will definitely have to step it up. Glad to have Tangauy back too.

Tanguay out, Flames lost. Tanguay in, Flames win. Hart?

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:59 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

I'm just putting this out there, but does anyone else think that we should trade Glencross right now? I know he would be key in making the playoffs and he is a HUGE reason for the Flames turn around. But several, reputable media sources that are close to the Flames say its an unlikely scenerio that he will back with the team next year. He will likely want a hefty pay increase and might want top 6 minutes which the Flames probably cannot offer him.

Right now I think with how Glencross is playing he can either get us a 1st round pick, or a very good prospect from a team that is looking for depth for a playoff run. Hell Glencross may even fetch someone like a Colborne caliber prospect all on his own with his play as of late. It is better to trade a player when they are hot, not when they are in a slump and their value is low. The main objective of this team should still to be successful long term, and if it is unlikely that Glencross will not be back next year, why not look at moving him if we can get a premium for him now?

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:06 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

Send Glencross to Pittsburgh or Dallas at the Deadline.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:06 AM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
I'd rather have him a part of this run, wherever it will end and lose him for nothing than just trade him. If teams want to way overpay obviously you'd have to look at it.

I'd rather re-sign him, unload Bourque and give him those minutes instead.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:07 AM
WhereIsIt
#gift

No, don't want to. Don't mess with what we got now, a first rounder is not worth it at this point. Our prospect situation is not that bad.

And if we can move somebody else in the offseason (Stajan or Hagman?) then there's a chance we can resign Glencross. I wouldn't say hope is lost for resigning him.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:07 AM
CoRD
Shots Fired

Resign Glencross. I'm sure Feaster can make room for him. **** trading him. Anaheim and Edmonton both regret losing him.

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

A while back, there was a bet between two people saying that Glencross would score 20 before Stajan. Don't remember who it involved, but Glencross is sitting at 19 now

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:10 AM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by C For Choke View Post
Tanguay out, Flames lost. Tanguay in, Flames win.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:13 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Sure hope Jokinen and Jackman are ok! Considering the score I'm sure Jokinen was just for safety purposes. Jackman looks like he might be out for a bit. ****.

Listening to Jokinen's post-game comments, it sounds like he was kept out of the 3rd period more for pre-cautionary reasons and it's nothing too serious.

Jackman however, no word. It would suck to lose him for any amount of time. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Resign Glencross. I'm sure Feaster can make room for him. **** trading him. Anaheim and Edmonton both regret losing him.

Agreed. Glencross is a keeper. I want to see him re-signed.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:13 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
A while back, there was a bet between two people saying that Glencross would score 20 before Stajan. Don't remember who it involved, but Glencross is sitting at 19 now
I was saying Stajan, I was clearly wrong. Oh well.

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:25 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

I'd keep Glencross unless a team was willing to offer a 1st round pick in the 12-15 range or better. Re-signing him won't be easy since he'll be looking for at least 3M a season, but if we can move two of Hagman, Sarich, Kotalik, or Stajan, it should definitely be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustange70 View Post
now tied for fourth overall in goals for . . . . . .
10th in goals per game though. Still, it's a remarkable turn around from last season.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:36 AM
Triple Deke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
I'd keep Glencross unless a team was willing to offer a 1st round pick in the 12-15 range or better. Re-signing him won't be easy since he'll be looking for at least 3M a season, but if we can move two of Hagman, Sarich, Kotalik, or Stajan, it should definitely be possible.

10th in goals per game though. Still, it's a remarkable turn around from last season.
I've always liked GlenX. However this hot streak is really driving up his value. Could get a very good return through a trade, seeing how it's a seller's market right now.
Would be tough to see him go, but Feaster would be a fool not to entertain some offers.

Triple Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:38 AM
Lunatik*

Glencross, not GlenX... we are not as stupid or as lazy as Oiler fans

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:45 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I'm just putting this out there, but does anyone else think that we should trade Glencross right now? I know he would be key in making the playoffs and he is a HUGE reason for the Flames turn around. But several, reputable media sources that are close to the Flames say its an unlikely scenerio that he will back with the team next year. He will likely want a hefty pay increase and might want top 6 minutes which the Flames probably cannot offer him.

Right now I think with how Glencross is playing he can either get us a 1st round pick, or a very good prospect from a team that is looking for depth for a playoff run. Hell Glencross may even fetch someone like a Colborne caliber prospect all on his own with his play as of late. It is better to trade a player when they are hot, not when they are in a slump and their value is low. The main objective of this team should still to be successful long term, and if it is unlikely that Glencross will not be back next year, why not look at moving him if we can get a premium for him now?
Your getting way over your head and even if Glencross got us a first, which is highly unlikely, this draft is suppose to be pretty weak. You don't trade a player like him especially where we are in the standings.

Last edited by FLAMES666: 02-15-2011 at 12:56 AM.
FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:47 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
It was me and Lunatik. There was no bet I just thought Glencross was a 20 goal scorer before Stajan was considered one. Stajan is still younger and could still be a 20 goal scorer in the future.

Old
02-15-2011, 01:19 AM
mustange70

I would leave this team together as much as possible,only thing i would do at this point would be trade a few players that are not regulars, reason beings that the last two months everyone is getting along and gelling, that is what makes a great team, add that and the fact this years draft is crap (for all those thinking we would get the next Crosby or something needs to give their head a shake as something of that level of talent is not an every year occurrence, closer to every ten). good to see stajan score, but him, borque and hagman need to make it happen more often, they are all hard workers, but they need to mke their work count for something.

mustange70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 02:49 AM
Boomstick

vCash: 495
I wish I didn't work tonight. Would have loved to see this game.
Hope Olli's alright, that looked painful.
9-1, that's awesome!

Boomstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 08:06 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by C For Choke View Post
Staios will never have trade value.
He did last year he got a third and aaron Johnson

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:42 AM
The Gnome

This is Bizzaro land and Jokinen is the mayor! What the hell is going on with this team.

Nothing could wipe the smile off my face. Even those stupid Canucks losing to the blues.

Lets hope for some devastating loses from other playoff hopefuls.

No to trading glencross, unless we got a top porspect back as overpayment. Move some dead weight salaries on this team and give him the money he deserves. Even when he's not scoring the guy leaves it all on the ice and is huge on the PK. Now that he's stopped his whining and stupid penalties, he's money in the bank.

A brief list of players I'd rather see gone then Glencross:

Hagman
Sarich
Staios
Kotalik (minors anyway, but would be nice to have him gone)
Stajan

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:45 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
A brief list of players I'd rather see gone then Glencross:

Hagman
Sarich
Staios
Kotalik (minors anyway, but would be nice to have him gone)
Stajan
I think of those players Hagman is the most expendable in the off season to free up cap space and sign Glencross. Has been pretty bad this year and he isn't getting any younger, Stajan still has lots of prime hockey years left.

Old
02-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Wags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
I'd rather have him a part of this run, wherever it will end and lose him for nothing than just trade him. If teams want to way overpay obviously you'd have to look at it.

I'd rather re-sign him, unload Bourque and give him those minutes instead.
This.

With Glencross, you may never see the 30 goal mark, but IMO you see a more honest effort night in and night out. If we could just eliminate his brain-fart penalties...mind you with Bourque you get a lot of lazy penalties, so i guess that is the trade-off.

That being said, Hagman is still the best option.

Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Your getting way over your head and even if Glencross got us a first, which is highly unlikely, this draft is suppose to be pretty weak. You don't trade a player like him especially where we are in the standings.
How is it unlikely? Versteeg got a 1st and 3rd. Yes is 4 years younger and has 5 more points than Glencross this season, but Glencross has 5 more goals and has a lot more intagibles than Versteeg. Glencross has been called the best 3rd liner in the NHL and is a perfect addition to a team looking to make a cup run, and I think a team would overpay for him for sure.

There are a bunch of players on the Flames I would rather trade over Glencross first, I really like what he brings to the team. I am just saying that Feaster would be stupid not to listen to what other GM's would offer for him. If a team wants to give us something like a 1st mid round pick or a promising prospect then we should consider it if management does not think Glencross will be back next year. If King wants to resign him next season, then I agree that we should keep him this year. But if we walks for nothing in the offseason, and we have a chance to get a good asset for him now, then I think you have to look at it and do whats best for your team long term.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote