HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Shameless (Season 5)

Old
01-31-2012, 04:19 PM
NeilYoung

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Spoil:
She supposedly hasn't had sex with anyone else
Frank also...

edit ***nevermind

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

I thought the last couple episodes were some of the best of the series with the exception of Frank and the beeper. That was over the top even for me.

Well, that was another in a long series of regrettable life choices
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 11:02 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Spoil:
She supposedly hasn't had sex with anyone else
Actually:

And I know it's TV, but Frank would make absolutely no sense. Him and Karen ****ed at the end of winter and it's the middle of summer right now.

EDIT:
Quote:
Showtime is feeling pretty confident about its Sunday lineup: The network has issued early renewals to sophomore drama Shameless, rookie comedy House of Lies (Kristen Bell, FTW!) and the five-year-old Californication.
http://www.tvline.com/2012/02/breaki...lifornication/

Last edited by nevermore: 02-01-2012 at 12:43 PM.
nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Frank: Thank you

Karen: Thank you for taking out my dad

Frank: *Shrugs*

Old
02-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

OK, I must have missed something. Can someone help me out? May be a spoiler so I'll sue the tags.

Spoil:
Who was the guy in prison that got stabbed and why was he stabbed?

Old
02-06-2012, 12:11 AM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
OK, I must have missed something. Can someone help me out? May be a spoiler so I'll sue the tags.

Spoil:
He was the old guy Ethel was "married" to. The kid (malek?) was pissed when he heard about her being held down for sex with him and asked his father to look after him.

kducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:20 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post

Spoil:
That was Clyde. Malik told Ethel he would have his father take care of him.

Speaking of, I'm glad they're doing more with Ethel.

Sounds like it is Lip's kid, but the Lip-Karen dynamic is great, and I think Jody is underrated. Good character. Waiting for that to fall through though. From the dialogue that it could be Frank's kid. If that was March when they had sex, it sounds like it's August now, it's conceivable that she's not showing and could still keep it a secret.

I wasn't sure if Karen was sad or not about her dad. She looks like she's glad he's dead, but she also looks sad in very short moments. Like when she goes to talk to her mom, and then standing over the grave before, she did what she did.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post
He was the old guy Ethel was "married" to. The kid (malek?) was pissed when he heard about her being held down for sex with him and asked his father to look after him.
Thanks. Yeah, I've kinda tuned out when her character is on quite often, but I got it now. I even had to look her up to realize who she was in the show lol.

Old
02-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
That was Clyde. Malik told Ethel he would have his father take care of him.

Speaking of, I'm glad they're doing more with Ethel.

Sounds like it is Lip's kid, but the Lip-Karen dynamic is great, and I think Jody is underrated. Good character. Waiting for that to fall through though. From the dialogue that it could be Frank's kid. If that was March when they had sex, it sounds like it's August now, it's conceivable that she's not showing and could still keep it a secret.

I wasn't sure if Karen was sad or not about her dad. She looks like she's glad he's dead, but she also looks sad in very short moments. Like when she goes to talk to her mom, and then standing over the grave before, she did what she did.
I think most kids who hate their parents still love them somewhere in there. I know I did. Thankfully mine have been resolved or healed with time. Probably some serious mixed emotions going on there for her.

That Jody dude just freaks me out. He's either dumb as a rock or something else dark is going on there.

Old
02-07-2012, 01:02 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

I think Jody is just really dumb. Really good episode. Lip & Ian fighting, Carl a pimp, Frank still Frank, & Emmy Rossum is still smoking hot.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

I have to believe at some point Emmy's going to want off the show. She has movie prospects and there's only so much character she can work into taking her top off.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 05:51 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
I have to believe at some point Emmy's going to want off the show. She has movie prospects and there's only so much character she can work into taking her top off.
The show has become about her & how she compensates with raising abandoned family. If she leaves the show will sink fast.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:15 AM
bob8880

I thought that last episode was one of the best yet. Franks mom is awesome.

bob8880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
The show has become about her & how she compensates with raising abandoned family. If she leaves the show will sink fast.
Maybe. I think it's still an interesting concept without her.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Deficient Mode
Step with me

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Maybe. I think it's still an interesting concept without her.
Yes, although the majority of the people here seem to watch it for Rossum and her nudity, it's really an ensemble.

Glad Sheila finally kicked Frank out. He treated her the whole time like she couldn't tell he was gold-digging. Don't like Frank's mother either. She's worse than Frank.

Deficient Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 05:33 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deficient Mode View Post
Yes, although the majority of the people here seem to watch it for Rossum and her nudity, it's really an ensemble.

Glad Sheila finally kicked Frank out. He treated her the whole time like she couldn't tell he was gold-digging. Don't like Frank's mother either. She's worse than Frank.
I don't think anyone watches to see Rossum nude? I'm pretty sure you can just find clips of that with out an hour long show. It's her character that has made the series interesting for a lot of people. She's definitely the hero of the story.

And for the record she has one movie planned for 2013 & seems to relish the role so I don't know why she would leave. If you check out her twitter she does a DVD type commentary while the show is going on.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:03 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Carl is becoming my favorite character. He reminds me of me when as was little but a little less killy & meth lab making.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:37 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
Jody was hilarious.

How many times has Emmy Rossum taken off her shirt? Twice? Three times? People may be wanting it, but I don't think that's the ultimate appeal of the show. It's not like she's walking around topless half the time.

I like the Frank-Shelia dynamic, so I hope it returns.

Also, good to see that Lip is having tension.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:52 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Last episode was really good. Featured comedy with a lot of emotional attachment to the characters as well. Wish the entire season would have been as good.

Old
03-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Deficient Mode
Step with me

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Last episode was really good. Featured comedy with a lot of emotional attachment to the characters as well. Wish the entire season would have been as good.
Agreed. Monica really made the episode. The writing was bad at times earlier in the season. Jody's marriage to Karen unwound incredibly quickly, as did Jasmine's storyline. (Why exactly was she even there in the first place?)

Deficient Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 05:37 AM
The Imp

I don't think I've ever had more sympathy for a tv character than I did for Fiona at the end of Sunday's episode.

She had a sliver of hope that she could make something of herself, and was clearly thriving, only to have it all thrown back in her face (squirrel fund issues to boot). Add to that the guilt she's gotta be feeling for putting her siblings in the hole... Yeah.

The Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:26 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
I don't think I've ever had more sympathy for a tv character than I did for Fiona at the end of Sunday's episode.

She had a sliver of hope that she could make something of herself, and was clearly thriving, only to have it all thrown back in her face (squirrel fund issues to boot). Add to that the guilt she's gotta be feeling for putting her siblings in the hole... Yeah.
That's why the show couldn't go one without her. Has nothing to do with her boobs. She is the main character. When I saw her eyes start tearing up I felt for her in a way that I almost never do because I know in real life Emmy Rossum is probably in LA in some Mansion but for some reason her character pulls you in.

Old
03-20-2012, 05:31 PM
RayP

I've only seen a few episodes here and there so don't know all the details about the show and stuff... What's the idea behind the squirrel fund exactly?

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
I've only seen a few episodes here and there so don't know all the details about the show and stuff... What's the idea behind the squirrel fund exactly?
They are able to work (or hustle) during the summer (no school, more opporunity, etc.), so much like a squirrel who hides nuts to get through the winter, they hide money to get through the winter, when there isn't as much work.

Last edited by Renbarg: 03-21-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:33 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
They are able to work (or hustle) during the summer (no school, more opporunity, etc.), so much like a squirrel who hides nuts to get through the winter, they hide money to get through the winter, where there isn't as much work.
Gotcha, makes sense... thanks. Haven't actually seen any episodes that take place during the summer.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote