HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We're about as consistent as you get.

Old
02-15-2011, 10:28 PM

vCash: 50
We're about as consistent as you get.

I noticed something around Christmas that i've paid attention to ever since, and that's that we always seem to immediately bounce back from a defeat. Tonight was a classic example after the harsh LA defeat.

Looking at the schedule in full, we've only lost more than 1 in a row 4 times all season, and one of those was thanks to 2 shootout games. Long gone are the days of Stevens' regular losing streaks in the double figures.

That's pretty amazing.

Last edited by 1865: 02-15-2011 at 10:42 PM.
1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:39 PM
AaronTrieu

vCash: 500
the past couple years under stevens we were always plagued with those 10 game slumps. I think it was a group effort to avoid that. Coming into the season Pronger said good teams don't lose 2 in a row.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Last season Briere said the team was built for the Postseason... and IMO he was correct.

Sadly I feel this team has a fault in that they seem to look ahead and to also lose focus when there is not a solid schedule in progress... That is bad, but they are human will never come close to being perfect, so we must live with it.

That said, IMO this fault gets taen care of naturally in the Postseason when the stakes are high and the competition ratchets up... I believe the long layovers after short series will not be much of a factor and Lavy & Co. can keep them sharp and they will stay focused with what is at stake staring at them... I think the bitter taste of coming so close but failing will push them this coming playoffs... If they have health and no major slump by all their key players at the same time I think that they can go all the way... If they get beat hopefully it is by another talented team with just as much hunger. There are talented teams out there... but IMO none with this hunger... and the depth precludes major individual slumps having disastrous effects and major injury short circuiting.

But I understand that there is a long way to go with hard work... and I have put the cart before the proverbial horse... and I have also exhausted many cliches.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
I noticed something around Christmas that i've paid attention to ever since, and that's that we always seem to immediately bounce back from a defeat. Tonight was a classic example after the harsh LA defeat.

Looking at the schedule in full, we've only lost more than 1 in a row 4 times all season, and one of those was thanks to 2 shootout games. Long gone are the days of Stevens' regular losing streaks in the double figures.

That's pretty amazing.
Oooh... that last edit there was a jinx maker... Shoulda quit as you had it. I thought I may have jinxed the in my post, but you, sir, may have given a big, fat, juicy one.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
the past couple years under stevens we were always plagued with those 10 game slumps. I think it was a group effort to avoid that. Coming into the season Pronger said good teams don't lose 2 in a row.
I think you mean over the past decade the Flyers have had prolonged slumps. I'm 21, and for as long as I can remember the Flyers offense would go bye-bye for a stretch in January or February. So it wasn't just a phenomenon with Stevens, I know hes a popular scapegoat around here, but come on.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Cartsiephan*

They have not lost more than 3 games in a row, huge step in the right direction.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote