HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky now that 2 1sts have been traded

Old
02-14-2011, 06:25 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

vCash: 500
Hemsky now that 2 1sts have been traded

Now that Fisher and Versteeg have been traded for a 1st rounder with conditional picks... what does this make Hemsky's value worth now?

Last edited by Live Breathe Hockey: 02-15-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:42 PM
Oates2Neely

Mid to late 1st. Neither Fisher or Versteeg are as injury prone as Hemsky. I say a pick in the 15 to 30 range.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

You can edit your own title, y'know.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:43 PM
GDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Mid to late 1st. Neither Fisher or Versteeg are as injury prone as Hemsky. I say a pick in the 15 to 30 range.
he's worth more, top 15 pick and prospect or top prospect and a pick...

simmonds, prospect and a 1st for hemsky and a 3rd kind of thing...

GDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:44 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Horton-like return.

02-14-2011, 06:45 PM
HopelessOilFan

I honestly believe hemskys value to his team is far greater than his value in the trade market, and unless we get a deal that blows us out of the water, there is no reason to trade him.

If i'm looking to trade hemsky, i want a top 10 pick or some sort of package to get a top pairing or even top 4 Dman / center.

There is just no motivation for us to trade him or penner for that matter, and unless we get a great offer, we shouldn't move either.

Its a good position to be in imo. We have two good players, one who hovers around a ppg and the other a 30 goal scorer who is the only guy on the team with size, there is no reason to be tossing them away for nothing.

I'm not sure why people seem to think we will just give them away for any picks. Yes the oilers are rebuilding, but its not like penner and hemsky don't have plenty of hockey left in them. They also both apparently want to stay.

TL;DR

I want a top 10 pick+ /top pairing Dman/ top line center. If we can't get that, then don't move him.

Edit: I did not mean top 10 pick plus a dman plus a center. I just meant a center, or a dman, or a top 10 pick + more. I feel hemsky is worth more than a top 10 pick.

HopelessOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:46 PM
HopelessOilFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
This is exactly why i don't believe he will get traded. Sure he has been injured quite a few times, but i'd rather have a sure fire 70 point player when healthy over a 15-30 pick in a draft that doesn't look very promising.

Old
02-14-2011, 06:48 PM
static80

I know these 2 trades (Fisher and Versteeg) make a playmaking Center like Connolly now worth a 1st for sure.

Odd on Versteeg though.
Burke is like kryptonite to the Leafs roster. I really feel empathy for Leafs Nation now.
They need to get rid of this guy or they may not see the playoffs for another 6 to 8 seasons. It must be scary for them.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
I honestly believe hemskys value to his team is far greater than his value in the trade market, and unless we get a deal that blows us out of the water, there is no reason to trade him.

If i'm looking to trade hemsky, i want a top 10 pick or some sort of package to get a top pairing or even top 4 Dman / center.

There is just no motivation for us to trade him or penner for that matter, and unless we get a great offer, we shouldn't move either.

Its a good position to be in imo. We have two good players, one who hovers around a ppg and the other a 30 goal scorer who is the only guy on the team with size, there is no reason to be tossing them away for nothing.

I'm not sure why people seem to think we will just give them away for any picks. Yes the oilers are rebuilding, but its not like penner and hemsky don't have plenty of hockey left in them. They also both apparently want to stay.

TL;DR

I want a top 10 pick+ /top pairing Dman/ top line center. If we can't get that, then don't move him.
Yea.... you're not getting that for a player that is a little over a year away from UFA status and has been unable to stay on the ice the past 2 years.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:

TL;DR

And I want a magical unicorn.

That being said, I can see LA ponying up a bit for Hemsky.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Quote:

TL;DR

It doesn't make sense to have:

Hall - X - Eberle
Paajarvi - X - Hemsky
Penner - X - Omark

Mainly due to the fact that HOPE will want more money, and Hemsky/Penner might ask for more as well. No point in having 5 (arguably 6) top six wingers. It gets too expensive especially if we get a good center, who demands a lot of money.

Hemsky for Colbourne anyone?

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:50 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post

Hall - X - Eberle
Paajarvi - X - Hemsky
Penner - X - Omark

Mainly due to the fact that HOPE will want more money, and Hemsky/Penner might ask for more as well. No point in having 5 (arguably 6) top six wingers. It gets too expensive especially if we get a good center, who demands a lot of money.

Who is this Colbourne person Edmonton fans keep talking about?

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Bruins1993

I think a first and a second would be resonable for him.

Bruins1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HopelessOilFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
And I want a magical unicorn.

That being said, I can see LA ponying up a bit for Hemsky.
yes because a top 10 pick or a top line center/dman are just as rare as magical unicorns.

My point was, if you don't get a significant upgrade, or at least what might turn into one, then why do you trade a guy who loves to play here and has shown he can put up with the city and rebuilding.

It is a very tight race, which is the only reason i think they would even dangle hemsky/penner. If there was ever a time for someone to knock our socks off with a trade, it'd be this trade deadline. However if that can't be done, we lose nothing and retain a great player.

Old
Oates2Neely

Quote:
This is exactly why i don't believe he will get traded. Sure he has been injured quite a few times, but i'd rather have a sure fire 70 point player when healthy over a 15-30 pick in a draft that doesn't look very promising.
If Hemsky could string together a few (injury-less) seasons Im certain he'd get more than a mid to late 1st. But then again Edmonton probably wouldnt trade him if he played close to 82 games regularly. Fact is Hemsky is injured quite often, he's a great player, just a huge risk to give up more than a mid-1st pick to acquire.

Old
02-14-2011, 06:53 PM
HopelessOilFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post

Hall - X - Eberle
Paajarvi - X - Hemsky
Penner - X - Omark

You are penciling in eberle and omark as our top guys already? Remember when cogliano was going to be our top line center in a few years?

These guys are rookies, and you can never have too much depth.

If in 3 years you see omark and eberle turn into top 6 players consistently, then you consider moving one, but you don't trade away your best player right now because you think these 2 rookies can potentially take his spot. I understand we're rebuilding, but you need proven players.

Old
Luck 6
\\_______

I see a team desperate to make a splash over paying for Hemsky. Heck, I could see the Pens trying to put together a package to grab both him and Penner, although I'd wonder what they'd do in the offseason as they wouldn't be able to retain everyone.

LA is obviously the (seemingly) most obvious destination. As a Vancouver fan, I wouldn't hate it if we took a chance on him to play with Kesler and Samuelsson. Trade Raymond and a 1st maybe for him.

Luck 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Dick Whitman

Quote:
TL;DR

Edit: I did not mean top 10 pick plus a dman plus a center. I just meant a center, or a dman, or a top 10 pick + more. I feel hemsky is worth more than a top 10 pick.
I'd agree with your assessment of his value. He's a very good player when he's healthy. What's his contract like and for how long?

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:56 PM
HopelessOilFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
I'd agree with your assessment of his value. He's a very good player when he's healthy. What's his contract like and for how long?

he's signed for this year and the next for 4.1 mil cap hit.

I believe hemsky is one of the most exciting players in the league to watch when he's healthy. I'm sure my opinion is biased because of my blind love for the oilers, but i see no reason to ship off a proven player for a lesser return when he wants to stay.

Old
02-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Soundwave

Hemsky honestly would be a great fit for Pittsburgh, not just this year (however that ends up for Pitt) but long term too.

He brings a lot of the same things they were willing to pay Hossa $8 million for.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Who is this Colbourne person Edmonton fans keep talking about?
Funny.

Either way, I would hope he could bring back more than just Colborne.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

To NYR:
Hemsky

To EDM:
1st round pick
2nd round pick (WAS)
Matt Gilroy
Eric Christensen

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Funny.

Either way, I would hope he could bring back more than just Colborne.
Colborne & MIN 2nd?

Old
02-14-2011, 07:10 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

no one with a top 10 pick is going to acquire hemsky.

The only teams shopping right now are in the 15-30 range.

So maybe you get a mid-to-late first + a prospect. Maybe a mid-to-late first + a young forward ready to play now.

You wont get a top 10 pick though, because it makes no sense for a non-playoff team to acquire a guy right now when prices will be lower in the offseason.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Rafters

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
no one with a top 10 pick is going to acquire hemsky.

The only teams shopping right now are in the 15-30 range.

So maybe you get a mid-to-late first + a prospect. Maybe a mid-to-late first + a young forward ready to play now.

You wont get a top 10 pick though, because it makes no sense for a non-playoff team to acquire a guy right now when prices will be lower in the offseason.
not necessarily .......the playoff race is so tight that a team that misses the playoffs by 5-6 points could be a top 10 pick....Atl...Buff..NYR...could all have top 10 picks....and so could a team like Dallas if things dont go well....and they are 3rd in the west

Rafters is online now   Reply With Quote