HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky now that 2 1sts have been traded

Old
02-15-2011, 12:56 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
not necessarily .......the playoff race is so tight that a team that misses the playoffs by 5-6 points could be a top 10 pick....Atl...Buff..NYR...could all have top 10 picks....and so could a team like Dallas if things dont go well....and they are 3rd in the west
Bingo, I would be targeting clubs that maybe fighting for a spot but fighting a losing effort. Trading him to a team in the West would be our best bet of having this happening IMO. You surely don't trade him to a top contender so that you draft 24th-30th.

02-15-2011, 08:28 AM
MPStoEberletoHall

Im guessing Hemsky gets us a pick in the 12-15 range, plus a prospect

MPStoEberletoHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:29 AM
zeus3007*

I am actually guessing (hoping?) that they Oilers don't trade Hemsky. The biggest reason being that this is a weak draft (obviously the GM's agree, considering how first round picks have been thrown around), and the Oil have a lot of youth right now, they should be either keeping guys like Hemsky, or packaging him with depth guys (Smid towards a top line d-man, Omark + towards a top line center, etc.). The Oilers are almost too young right now, I don't want the average age of their team to be 23 years old, they need some veterans on the roster, so unless an offer for a top pair d-man or center comes up, don't trade Hemsky yet.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:09 AM
rangersfan111

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
You are penciling in eberle and omark as our top guys already? Remember when cogliano was going to be our top line center in a few years?

These guys are rookies, and you can never have too much depth.

If in 3 years you see omark and eberle turn into top 6 players consistently, then you consider moving one, but you don't trade away your best player right now because you think these 2 rookies can potentially take his spot. I understand we're rebuilding, but you need proven players.
Eberle is a top 6 forward now and forever... you could pencil that in

rangersfan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:32 AM
oilsands
NHL Supertar

Hang on to Hemsky unless he can be used in a package to grab a top 10 pick or young player.

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:44 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDU View Post
he's worth more, top 15 pick and prospect or top prospect and a pick...

simmonds, prospect and a 1st for hemsky and a 3rd kind of thing...
No freaking way, Hemsky has never scored over 23 goals and that was the only time he scored over 20. All he has proven thus far is that he cant play a full season and cant score over 20. Maybe if he could stay healthy but that is to much of a gamble. Prospect and a 2nd at best.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
No freaking way, Hemsky has never scored over 23 goals and that was the only time he scored over 20. All he has proven thus far is that he cant play a full season and cant score over 20. Maybe if he could stay healthy but that is to much of a gamble. Prospect and a 2nd at best.
If you are looking for a goal scorer then perhaps make an offer for Penner. Hemsky as you note is not a goal scorer but a set up man that averages around .9 ppg in his career. Some of the reasons he can't stay healthy is that he is not a soft player that is willing to take abuse to make a play and because the Oilers have no clue how to protect their skill players.

Your offer of a 2nd plus a prospect does not fit the market that has been established with the Fisher/Verstegg trades. You may as well just say you have no interest in the player at all, which is your right to do.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Kid Dynamite
Pro Scout

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
Brad Richards has never scored over 26 goals, over the past 3 seasons he has missed almost 100 games guy just can't stay healthy. He is worth a decent prospect and a 2nd at best

Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 11:12 AM
shao01

Habs could offer something like:

A.Kostitsyn+1st+Carle/Maxwell

shao01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 11:15 AM
SirPaste

vCash: 50
If Hemsky does get moved i think EDM fans are gonna be real dissapointed in the return

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by shao01 View Post
Habs could offer something like:

A.Kostitsyn+1st+Carle/Maxwell
A problem as noted before is the Oilers have no need at all for a skilled winger like Kostitsyn. He is a good player but if the Oilers are taking a player back he better be a defenceman or a center.

Old
02-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Ryno
BEHOLD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
If Hemsky does get moved i think EDM fans are gonna be real dissapointed in the return
Not likely. If the return isn't somewhat significant, he won't be dealt.

Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Certainly a possibility but I can't see any way in the world he wouldn't fetch more than what Verstegg/Fisher brought. I would think the Oilers will not trade him this year if they deem the offers too low.

Old
02-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

I still would like the Bruins to get him. He'd look great with either Krejci or Bergeron.

Lucic - Krejci - Hemsky
Marchand - Bergeron - Horton

I'd give Boston 1st, Colborne, and ... I don't know. I'd say Stuart because everyone throws him in there. Is that enough?

Last edited by Jack Donaghy: 02-15-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 11:39 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Hemsky >>> Fisher

Hemsky >> Versteeg
only if he is in the lineup which in the past 2 or 3 years he hasnt been very much

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejickler View Post
I still would like the Bruins to get him. He'd look great with either Krejci or Bergeron.

Lucic - Krejci - Hemsky

I'd give Boston 1st, Colborne, and ... I don't know. I'd say Stuart because everyone throws him in there. Is that enough?
That would certainly be enough to get some attention. I don't know just how much Tambellini values Hemsky but the Boston 1st, Colborne and something else would draw interest.

Old
02-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:

Lucic - Krejci - Hemsky

Even tho the Boston Pick will be pretty high I'd think that would be a perfect deal.(IE reasonable) Plus Hemsky would then be on my second favourite team.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 11:49 AM
P U L L H A R D
Picca Slice

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
It doesn't make sense to have:

Hall - X - Eberle
Paajarvi - X - Hemsky
Penner - X - Omark

Mainly due to the fact that HOPE will want more money, and Hemsky/Penner might ask for more as well. No point in having 5 (arguably 6) top six wingers. It gets too expensive especially if we get a good center, who demands a lot of money.

Hemsky for Colbourne anyone?
Tell that to the Philidelphia Flyers.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
only if he is in the lineup which in the past 2 or 3 years he hasnt been very much
That is the tough thing to project that is for sure. Many good players this year have had injury spotted pasts such as Franzen, Briere, Brad Richards, Vanek, Havlat, Brendan Morrow.

Old
02-15-2011, 11:52 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

I don't think Hemsky is that attractive to teams. He's not a proven playoff performer, actually not a guy built for the playoffs, and has proven to be injury prone. I would save my assets for guys that step up in the post season and can be a difference maker or guy who fills an obvious hole. Hemsky just doesn't fill many holes.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:

Horton - Krejci - Hemsky

I'd be interested in a package of Boston's 1st, Colborne, and maybe another pick (2nd would be ideal but maybe a 3rd would be more realistic?).

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:00 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
That is the tough thing to project that is for sure. Many good players this year have had injury spotted pasts such as Franzen, Briere, Brad Richards, Vanek, Havlat, Brendan Morrow.
most def
but is it worth the chance... what if he never shakes it

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:00 PM
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
It doesn't make sense to have:

Hall - X - Eberle
Paajarvi - X - Hemsky
Penner - X - Omark

Mainly due to the fact that HOPE will want more money, and Hemsky/Penner might ask for more as well. No point in having 5 (arguably 6) top six wingers. It gets too expensive especially if we get a good center, who demands a lot of money.

Hemsky for Colbourne anyone?
Trading a player today because you MIGHT be tight against the cap in 3 years is beyond stupid. If in 3 years, all 4 of Omark, Hall, Eberle, and Paajarvi are still here, AND if they've all proven they deserve big raises, AND if those raises are going to put the Oilers into cap trouble (who knows what the cap will be by then), then you can look at moving Penner/Hemsky. Until then, they're probably better off keeping them, rather than trading them for question marks (who, if they're any good, will need new contracts at the same time).

If the Hawks traded Byfuglien, Versteeg, and Ladd 2 years ago because Kane, Toews, Hjarlmarsson, and Keith needed new contracts in 2010, then they wouldn't have had the depth that allowed them to win the cup last year.

Keep the players when you can, and move them when you have to. Even if it means getting a slightly lesser return.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
I don't think Hemsky is that attractive to teams. He's not a proven playoff performer, actually not a guy built for the playoffs, and has proven to be injury prone. I would save my assets for guys that step up in the post season and can be a difference maker or guy who fills an obvious hole. Hemsky just doesn't fill many holes.
Hemsky 24GP 6G 11A 17Pts .70PPG isnt exactly choking either

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:08 PM
missinthejets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
so you totally ignored 2006 did you? Hemsky was perfectly fine in the playoffs. sure he doesn't have a lot of years to go by in the playoffs but based on the most recent one there shouldn't really be any concerns about his ability to play playoff hockey.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote