HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trotz calls out a few players after today's practice

Old
02-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Trotz calls out a few players after today's practice

Link

Quote:
“The guys who have been the most con*sis*tent are Ser*gei Kos*titsyn and Shea Weber,” Trotz said. “Where’s (David) Leg*wand? Where’s (Mar*tin) Erat? Where’s (Patric) Hornq*vist? Where are guys who are sup*po*sed to score?”

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Bully for Trotz!!

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Light some fire underneath them. Scoring less than 3 goals doesn't work in the playoffs.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 05:25 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

TY Trotz

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 06:46 PM
glenngineer

I find this somewhat interesting that he bashes Hornqvist when he already takes enough of a beating on the ice. How about bashing some guys that don't Hornqvist up when he's getting his arse handed to him in front of the net. He's the only guy on the roster that goes there and we're gonna bash him? Go figure.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 06:49 PM
token grinder

so the barry trotz has no fire crowd will go away for a while yes?

blasted the refs during the game
blasted the refs after the game
blasted his players after practice.

i would bet he peeled some paint off the walls after we booed their effort off the ice last night.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Milly79

I don't understand what he wants when his system generates zero offense and he shuffles line more than a woman changes purses.

And maybe it's because I watch the Preds year round, but I don't see how we're praised for being a "defensively solid" system. I see way more odd man chances, broken plays, etc than watching other teams play that result in either a goal or a great scoring chance.

I know we're ranked 4th in GA/A, but is that more of a testament to Rinne or the actual system?

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly79 View Post
I don't understand what he wants when his system generates zero offense and he shuffles line more than a woman changes purses.

And maybe it's because I watch the Preds year round, but I don't see how we're praised for being a "defensively solid" system. I see way more odd man chances, broken plays, etc than watching other teams play that result in either a goal or a great scoring chance.

I know we're ranked 4th in GA/A, but is that more of a testament to Rinne or the actual system?
On first glance, I would say Rinne, but after watching Mason and Ellis look like phenomenal goalies here and being pretty much awful for their next teams, as well as Lindback looking like a stud, I think our system is just very goalie friendly.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 07:58 PM
shootthepuck

When he was bashing players he forgot Dumont.... I actually think Legwand has been playing better of late and not expecting him to suddenly become a goal-scoring minded forward defensively Legwand is still our best forward. Hornqvist is our best overall forward and he plays hard just about every night. I do not get calling him out. I'm actually glad we play Detroit tomorrow they always seem to get up for them, we might not win but we should atleast get on the right track with big games vs Colorado and San Jose coming up.

shootthepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:01 PM
MarkMM

Remember when the Preds picked SK and all the chatter about his character and commitment? Who would've thunk he would be held up as the model of consistent effort, good on him, guess he did just need a change of scenery, and/or a testament to Trotz's coaching.

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:09 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMM View Post
Remember when the Preds picked SK and all the chatter about his character and commitment? Who would've thunk he would be held up as the model of consistent effort, good on him, guess he did just need a change of scenery, and/or a testament to Trotz's coaching.
The problem was Dumbo, not SK... A lot of players left Habs since Martin took over because of some sort of problems....

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:15 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
On first glance, I would say Rinne, but after watching Mason and Ellis look like phenomenal goalies here and being pretty much awful for their next teams, as well as Lindback looking like a stud, I think our system is just very goalie friendly.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:48 PM
predfan24

Trotz is known as a player's coach, For him to come out and name specific players he must really not like what he is seeing in game and behind the scenes from some of these players. It sounds like from his comments maybe some of the guys are too loose and comfortable. A little urgency and pressure never hurt anyone. Hopefully he can light a fire in the locker room.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:57 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Mason was always a solid but unspectacular goalie. Ellis was only phenomenal in the 2nd half of 08-09 and in the Detroit series. Other than that he was very up and down. Honestly, Rinne might be the best goalie we've ever had. Personally I think he's already a little better now than Vokoun ever was. But it's close

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:09 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
so Trotz calls out two highest paid guys, that both have NTCs, and are in the midpoint of their contract.

Their response? K, whatever coach.

Trotz did the same thing last year with calling them out... *yawn*

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeyh View Post
so Trotz calls out two highest paid guys, that both have NTCs, and are in the midpoint of their contract.

Their response? K, whatever coach.

Trotz did the same thing last year with calling them out... *yawn*
This is what I was thinking, he calls out the guys who have been called out before. They have both heard it, so it's "been there, done that" to them. Then he props up his young captain and the newcomer who has known issues with taking criticism... the only odd part is Hornqvist, he's almost always the hardest working forward IMO and his style is more dependent on his line mates than any other forward on the team, so if he isn't getting it done it's usually time to look at whoever he's skating with.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:01 PM
deanwormer

so we got a group of guys bellyaching bout Leggy and Marty, then Trotz gets on them and it's "ho, hum, nothing here".... Guess he could bench them and play Belak and Mueller. Good grief.....

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:16 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
so the barry trotz has no fire crowd will go away for a while yes?

blasted the refs during the game
blasted the refs after the game
blasted his players after practice.

i would bet he peeled some paint off the walls after we booed their effort off the ice last night.
He should have thrown some sticks on the ice when that third goals was allowed. Then he would have been thrown out and maybe that would have lit a fire under a team that played badly they would have been shocked that Trotz went off and tow the line then.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Chris Mason did quite well in St. Louis - to the point that his performance in Atlanta so far has me rather shocked and appalled.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:33 PM
predfan98

Horngvist seems to spend very little time in front of the net lately..........maybe he should drift on back in that direction.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:45 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Its not hard to understand why Trotz is calling any of them out. Those players make the bulk of there money for the offensive part of the game. And there just not doing it. Its about time he called a few players out, including Horny. They simply arent doing what they are paid to do.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
Horngvist seems to spend very little time in front of the net lately..........maybe he should drift on back in that direction.
I've noticed that as well

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:28 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Vokoun is flourishing in the hockey black hole known as Sunrise, Florida, and he played in the same system as Mason and Ellis when he was here.

Ellis and Mason were both remarkably inconsistent goaltenders when they were here, and like most streaky goalies, they split starts based on form. You can't depend on those guys to be starters because they could go a full month at a time where they're just not feeling it. Thankfully, we didn't really have to learn that the hard way because we had both of them, and one was generally hot when the other was off, plus Rinne was ready by the time we dealt Mason.

Rinne has much more in common with Vokoun than he does with Ellis and Mason. He would be a star anywhere.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Jarnberg

Trotz should save his breath. You are seeing all that you will be getting from Legwand and Erat.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

So your coach calls a couple guys out! This team has always struggled offensively, so not much has changed.
I do find it interesting after reading 33's Blog this morning that he is now skating with 29 and 25?
Trotz calls out a few guys, and Wilson gets moved. With Sullivan back, someone had to be moved, and it seems like 33 is getting shuffled again.
There is someone who needs consistency, but not in his play.
Hope your team can start back on the "up side" of the rollercoaster, starting tonight.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote