HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dennis Wideman

Old
02-14-2011, 10:56 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Dennis Wideman

Seeing as though there are now rumors out there that McCabe wants to stay in Florida, how likely is it that Wideman would be traded, and what would Florida be looking for?

I imagine the price would be a tad steep since he's for all intents and purposes the #1 defenseman down there at the moment, although if they truly are rebuilding I don't expect that status to last.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:59 PM
Erick

Wideman's not our #1 but all things considered, he's worth a 1st round pick, at least.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:03 PM
Edgeworth*

Late 1st ideally.

He's only 27 and he's got 8 goals this season which is anything to scoff at, 30 points and the only major flaw is his defensive game. Put him with a responsible defender and you got a great pairing.

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

He'd be a good fit with San Jose. Sharks could add some offense from the back end and bring in someone that is young. Boyle isn't getting any younger and Vlasic is the only other offensive threat on the blueline.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:49 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl2VinceNeil View Post
He'd be a good fit with San Jose. Sharks could add some offense from the back end and bring in someone that is young. Boyle isn't getting any younger and Vlasic is the only other offensive threat on the blueline.
Came here to post this... wouldn't suprise me at all to see SJ throw up their first+ for Wideman. He's got a $3.8m contract that works well for them next year too.

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Came here to post this... wouldn't suprise me at all to see SJ throw up their first+ for Wideman. He's got a $3.8m contract that works well for them next year too.
I'd be pretty interested in Wideman - paired with Vlasic, they'd make a solid pair

1st + a prospect for Wideman + low draft pick? Something like that?

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:28 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by spozm View Post
Late 1st ideally.

He's only 27 and he's got 8 goals this season which is anything to scoff at, 30 points and the only major flaw is his defensive game. Put him with a responsible defender and you got a great pairing.
You must have missed when he played with Zdeno Chara....

he's worth a good prospect and a 2nd rounder if you ask me

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 02:54 AM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by spozm View Post
Late 1st ideally.

If he's dealt, it's likely to a team headed for the playoffs, so a mid-late 1st is implied.

Also, he has made very few defensive mistakes this year. Maybe Boston fans just lowered our expectations right after the trade, but he's definitely impressed in that regard.

But i don't see him moving. I guess it depends on the offers and what happens with McCabe. I think only one of those two gets moved.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 03:25 AM
luiginb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl2VinceNeil View Post
How about Joslin and a 2nd from the Sharks?

luiginb is offline   Reply With Quote