HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline Speculation 2 (Zipay: Prospect and a 2nd rounder in play for rental)

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2011, 10:46 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Much like Zherdev (Who may go on waivers today, by the way) Kovalev is the kind of player who we don't get under Torts. Thats the sacrifice we make.

We get more out of guys like Prust, Cally, Dubi, and less out of floaters.
You're right but I think this team needs at least one more floater to add to gaborik.

I think we will lose out on Kaberle because we wont pay the hefty price as we shouldnt.

I see sather making a couple other deals then:

3rd rounder and a mid level prospect for McCabe

5th rounder and low level prospect/roster player (EC, Gilroy) for Kovalev.

Though part of me thinks that if we dont get Kaberle Sather might look at Hemsky. I dont know the cap figures, just rattling off ideas.

Old
02-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
u dont get sens channel? seems like its ur closest team up there.
It is, only about an hour to Ottawa, but we don't get Canadian tv.

We're technically part of the Buffalo market, I think, because every time the Sabres play at home our Ranger game is blacked out.

Of Kovy, I think Wolski is our new skilled "floater" as it is.

Would Zherdev be a nice addition for free? Yes. Would he play well for us or maybe even report? Questionable.

02-16-2011, 10:49 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Speaking of the senators...

Kovalev has been playing very well of late. He would make for a cheap acquisition to add a little more scoring punch.
Didn't Kovalev say he'd never come back to play in NY again? Then again, a coach like Keenan was able to get the most of out Kovalev... maybe a coach like Tortorella could do the same, with albeit a much older version.

Old
02-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Gardner McKay
Niles, Pls.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Bogo is a local legend around here, but you're talking about an "offensive"defenseman who hasn't put up more than 23 points yet. And will carry a hefty price tag.
Imo he is worth it.

His potential is well worth the risk and dare I say it the Rangers have done an exceptional job with alot of reclamation projects. Of course there have been a few that didnt work out but if Bogosian even reaches 3/4ths of his potential it will be a steal for the Rangers.

I would be hesitant to give up Girardi because while I feel Bogosians ceiling far exceeds Girardi's, right now Girardi is playing like a # 2 defenseman on a very reasonable contract.

Due to Del Zotto's complete drop off in play I doubt he would be a big enough center piece to get us Bogosian but considering Bogosian is a huge upgrade from DZ defensively, would any one here be willing to center a trade around Del Zotto and a 1st?

Old
02-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
Imo he is worth it.

His potential is well worth the risk and dare I say it the Rangers have done an exceptional job with alot of reclamation projects. Of course there have been a few that didnt work out but if Bogosian even reaches 3/4ths of his potential it will be a steal for the Rangers.

I would be hesitant to give up Girardi because while I feel Bogosians ceiling far exceeds Girardi's, right now Girardi is playing like a # 2 defenseman on a very reasonable contract.

Due to Del Zotto's complete drop off in play I doubt he would be a big enough center piece to get us Bogosian but considering Bogosian is a huge upgrade from DZ defensively, would any one here be willing to center a trade around Del Zotto and a 1st?
DZ and a 1st for Bogosian? I think thats overpayment based on what DZ was able to achieve last season.

Also, I don't know if anyone has mentioned Mikhail Grabovski but with Toronto being sellers is there any chance he will be traded? He has 9 PP goals, on pace for over 60 points, and has a manageable cap hit of 2.9 million.

Last edited by Stugots: 02-16-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old
02-16-2011, 11:12 AM
NYR Viper

I wonder what Atlanta would be looking for. I would move MDZ + for him depending on what the + is.

MDZ + Kundratek/Valentenko + Prospal?

Old
02-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Lot's of talk & rumour's this time of the year..

Not that i'm complaining...

Old
02-16-2011, 11:40 AM
DekeR

Giving away Girardi would be a mistake in regards to Bogosian. Defense is the prime skill set of a defenseman and Bogosian doesn't even come close to tying Girardi's laces. I am almost even hesitant in giving up on MDZ for a defenseman who also struggles in his own zone at times. Maybe his best foot is not forward and we are not seeing the best he has to offer but I am not impressed with his defensive play nor his offensive side of the game. He just doesn't seem to engage, JMO.

Old
02-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Apparently the Canes may be dealing Ian White?

Old
02-16-2011, 11:42 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeR View Post
Giving away Girardi would be a mistake in regards to Bogosian. Defense is the prime skill set of a defenseman and Bogosian doesn't even come close to tying Girardi's laces. I am almost even hesitant in giving up on MDZ for a defenseman who also struggles in his own zone at times. Maybe his best foot is not forward and we are not seeing the best he has to offer but I am not impressed with his defensive play nor his offensive side of the game. He just doesn't seem to engage, JMO.
You obviously don't know Bogo that well.

Old
02-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Gardner McKay
Niles, Pls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
You obviously don't know Bogo that well.
While I agree with you that his perception of Bogosian is way off, I would not give up Girardi for Bogosian either. Girardi's solid play + cheap contract make him more valuable to the Rangers then plenty think. Hes not your prototypical #2 defenseman but has done an outstanding job as a #2 dman.

I would give up alot for Bogosian but Girardi's stout defensive play will not be easily replaced.

Old
02-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

I'll admit I don't know much about Bogosian either. What is his upside as far as offense goes? Is he not getting PP time because of Enstrom and Buff?

Old
02-16-2011, 11:59 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I'll admit I don't know much about Bogosian either. What is his upside as far as offense goes? Is he not getting PP time because of Enstrom and Buff?
He's an extremely smart hockey player. Very nice skater, who has an above average shot. He's going to be a captain somewhere in a few years. His PP minutes have disappeared because of Buff and Enstrom. If we can get this kid, I'd be all over it. He's a future star. He's a blue chip. Being Armenian I've been following his foot steps for a very long time. He has the brains of a Lidtsrom on the back end.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Gardner McKay
Niles, Pls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
He's an extremely smart hockey player. Very nice skater, who has an above average shot. He's going to be a captain somewhere in a few years. His PP minutes have disappeared because of Buff and Enstrom. If we can get this kid, I'd be all over it. He's a future star. He's a blue chip. Being Armenian I've been following his foot steps for a very long time. He has the brains of a Lidtsrom on the back end.
This right here. Ive met the kid, hes got the right attitude, he would do well with this Rangers team.

I would have no problem giving up alot of quality assets. Only think IMO thats off limits is Kreider and McIlrath only because if they pan out, they will fill two glaring holes that the Rangers have had for many years.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:23 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Myself, I'd be willing to part with Girardi for Bogosian because I love his upside. If he fully develops, he's a natural fit next to Staal on the top pair, with much better offensive ability than Girardi. However, I don't see the Rangers as being willing to make that kind of move, especially as they are in a playoff race.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Myself, I'd be willing to part with Girardi for Bogosian because I love his upside. If he fully develops, he's a natural fit next to Staal on the top pair, with much better offensive ability than Girardi. However, I don't see the Rangers as being willing to make that kind of move, especially as they are in a playoff race.
If you could do it without dealing Girardi it would be sweet Staal, Bogosian, Girardi, Sauer, McDonagh, Del Zotto... Hawtness.

Now realistically speaking you probably have to move one of them to get him.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:28 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
If you could do it without dealing Girardi it would be sweet Staal, Bogosian, Girardi, Sauer, McDonagh, Del Zotto... Hawtness.

No realistically speaking you probably have to move one of them to get him.
Start with Del Zotto.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:30 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:

Now realistically speaking you probably have to move one of them to get him.
You would have to split up McDonagh-Sauer. Can't have two offensive defenseman paired together.

Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Bogosian
Del Zotto - Sauer

That being said, they would definitely ask for Girardi/Del Zotto +.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
You would have to split up McDonagh-Sauer. Can't have two offensive defenseman paired together.

Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Bogosian
Del Zotto - Sauer

That being said, they would definitely ask for Girardi/Del Zotto +.
Those weren't combinations just a list lol.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Those weren't combinations just a list lol.
I know. I was stating fact!

Old
02-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
I know. I was stating fact!
Facts are lame

I honestly don't see the Rangers making a play for him even though they should he's still going to be a hell of a d-man.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Bogosian keeps being mentioned for his untapped offense but wasen't the reports on him earlier that he was a physical defenseman? I swear I remember reading that from ISS ans Redline in his draft year. Has that part of his game not transferred over to the NHL yet? I thought the comparisions were to Kevin Bieska type of player?

Interesting to see his name being brought up in trade rumors as he is so young still. No idea if he would be a good fit here or not though.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

No, Bogo is a sort of a skater, a Brian Campbell type.

He creates offense not exclusively on the power play, but at even strength.

Good at carrying the puck. That is why he was drafted where he was.

Old
02-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Ola

I am not sure what Bogo's value is.

Natrually you start with offers like Gilroy& Grachev or something like that.

Looking at our depth chart, if we are to give up a lot for a non-rental in general, guys like Kreider, Sauer/McD and Anisimov should be explored first IMHO. Kreider -- we have Cally and Gabby on the right side. AA -- Step is a top 2 for the future. Boyle a 3rd line center. Does AA compliment those two? Step could become a no 1 but not in the coming 2-3 years. At the same time, we are creating a hole that's not filled unless we get a center in return. McD/Sauer kind o takes out each other.

I am not saying that I'd deal the guys above for Bogo. But if JD called an offered EJ, I'd offer like those guys before guys like Staal, McI, MZA, Dubi, Cally and Girardi (experience).

Old
02-16-2011, 01:06 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I would not deal a very reliable, solid defenseman in Girardi who is 26 years old with a good contract for Bogosian. I like Bogo a lot but there are question marks otherwise his name wouldnt be popping up in the rumor mill.

Closed Thread