HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline Speculation 2 (Zipay: Prospect and a 2nd rounder in play for rental)

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2011, 06:26 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Tootoo another Ryan Hollweg NO NO NO

id love Steve Downie from the Bolts but doubt they move him
id love Boll or Dorsett from the Jackets though.
Tootoo is a much better player than Hollweg.

If anything he is a younger version of Neil.

Old
02-15-2011, 06:29 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
A caller just called into the "Power Play" and made a very solid point that I have been trying to get across for a while now. He stated that the Rangers have been linked to a few different defensemen in which the hosts agreed. And then he went on to ask if they had heard anything regarding the Rangers being linked to a player who can drop the gloves and play the game. Specifically asked about Chris Neil.

They said that there will be quite a few teams who will line-up for the services of Chris Neil because he is the type of player who can give you quality minutes and can be a difference-maker in a longer series because of the way he plays. I agree.

Pure speculation on my part:
With the acquisition of Fischer, some Preds fans were saying Tootoo may be the odd-man out of their line-up and may be semi-available depending on what is coming back. He would be a player I would LOVE the Rangers to get a hold of. He is a top-tier middle-weight just like Prust and still young. Perfect fit for this system.
We don't need him when we have Prust... Neil makes $2 mil a season up through the 2012-2013 season... $2 mil is too much to pay for his services, especially when we already have a good middleweight fighter in Prust....

Old
02-15-2011, 06:30 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

D-men
1A. Kaberle
1B. Pitkanen

Forwards
1A Hemsky
1B Sezza (not happening)
2. Weiss

Those are my targets come deadline.

Old
02-15-2011, 06:33 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
We don't need him when we have Prust... Neil makes $2 mil a season up through the 2012-2013 season... $2 mil is too much to pay for his services, especially when we already have a good middleweight fighter in Prust....
Neil at 2 million has value in the league for a reason.

Old
02-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdl5e...eature=related

no way i want this guy on the rangers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SZwb...eature=related

Old
02-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Why are we so insistent on targeting people at all?

Old
02-15-2011, 06:38 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
D-men
1A. Kaberle
1B. Pitkanen

Forwards
1A Hemsky
1B Sezza (not happening)
2. Weiss

Those are my targets come deadline.
id rather have Bieksa over Pitkanen. i doubt Canes trade with Rangers since both teams are fighting for the bottom spots of the playoffs. two dman i wouldnt mind who i can see be dealt is Klesla or Hedja from the Jackets. both dman are underrated. another is Methot, he would add some toughness. rather go with the 25-29 year old range. dont want Kaberle unless its for a 2ed other than that no thanks...

id also Weiss Bieksa Ehrhoff etc dont want Spezza and Hemsky not too crazy about those players.

Old
02-15-2011, 06:39 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Neil at 2 million has value in the league for a reason.
Where is the value on our roster?

We are already paying $1.9 mil for Avery through next season
$1.6 mil on Boogaard for 3 more seasons
$800K for Prust through next season

We'd be spending $7.5 mil on our 4th line players alone... That's a waste.... With Prust/Avery/Boogaard on this roster, Neil is irrelevant...

Last edited by wolfgaze: 02-15-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old
02-15-2011, 06:40 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Why because he is aggressive? Robidas was charging him and he swung and caught him just right. Without watching the games prior to those and that entire game you cant judge the move.

Avery did the same thing to Smid.

Old
02-15-2011, 06:59 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
id rather have Bieksa over Pitkanen. i doubt Canes trade with Rangers since both teams are fighting for the bottom spots of the playoffs. two dman i wouldnt mind who i can see be dealt is Klesla or Hedja from the Jackets. both dman are underrated. another is Methot, he would add some toughness. rather go with the 25-29 year old range. dont want Kaberle unless its for a 2ed other than that no thanks...

id also Weiss Bieksa Ehrhoff etc dont want Spezza and Hemsky not too crazy about those players.
Bieksa sounds good too, but w/ the defensive injuries I'm not sure that's somebody VAN will trade now.

Old
02-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:

Isn't he a fan favorite in Nashville? Hollweg was never here.

Just saying because being fan favorite means you do things the fans appreciate. Hollweg was never deserving appreciation... Always a thorn at the side that would hurt the team on the ice.

Old
02-15-2011, 07:07 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

All I want are one of Kaberle/Pitkanen or Richards if he's available. Hell no to Hemsky, Spezza, or Weiss.

02-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

We're definitely not getting Pitkanen. No way do I think Carolina's gonna be giving guys away when they're in the mix.

Old
02-15-2011, 07:13 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Isn't he a fan favorite in Nashville? Hollweg was never here.

Just saying because being fan favorite means you do things the fans appreciate. Hollweg was never deserving appreciation... Always a thorn at the side that would hurt the team on the ice.
Yep. The same way Prust was a fan-favorite in Calgary.

Old
02-15-2011, 07:15 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
We're definitely not getting Pitkanen. No way do I think Carolina's gonna be giving guys away when they're in the mix.
As do I, but they've been struggling of late, so hopefully they fall out of contention and are open to trading Pitkanen, who I'm a big fan of. Pair him with Sauer and you have a top-notch defensive pair.

Old
02-15-2011, 07:32 PM
NYR Viper

I know last year and earlier this season Sabres fans were saying Stafford was available. I wonder if they will look to move him at the deadline.

Old
02-15-2011, 08:05 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I'm quite shocked Burke would be talking to Boston after how they fleeced him in the last trade. But hey if he wants to run the toronto organization into the ground then so be it because he has absolutely no leverage in any trade talk with boston. Chiarelli isnt going to get fleeced after he fleeced burke.

Ridiculous to hear the rumors that burke wants a young top 6 forward. He needs to get off fantasy island. He just traded Versteeg for a 1st round pick (basically a 2nd round pick) and a 3rd rounder from Philly. Versteeg was having a very good year for them. As good as Kaberle was having and he is younger. And he wants more for kaberle. Just pure stubbornness.

Old
02-15-2011, 08:06 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
I know last year and earlier this season Sabres fans were saying Stafford was available. I wonder if they will look to move him at the deadline.
I doubt it with his play this year. 23 goals in 36 games, 50 goal pace over 82.

Old
02-15-2011, 08:06 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
If he was he'd top my list of forwards and I'd definitely be willing to pay the price for him. He is a good forward. I'd value you him higher than weiss and hemsky.

Old
02-15-2011, 08:51 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

no kaberle ! please no no no

Old
02-15-2011, 09:26 PM
NYR Viper

Here are some descriptions of some of the players who I have heard of being available this trade deadline. Obviously I have missed some players and I left out Kaberle as everyone has talked about him so much. Enjoy and copy and paste additions as new posts if you want. I think it will be a good way to put together some solid scouting reports for when the are all dealt.

Rental Options:

Connoly is a super skilled center who plays for Buffalo. He has injury concerns and has not been known to up his game in the playoffs due to the style that he plays but he is a PP wizard and his passes are simply unbelievable. Cheap due to contract and injury concerns

Booth is a younger winger from Florida who has good hands and good size. He has some injury concerns from last season when Richards came across the middle and gave him a very serious concussion. Before the injury his deal would have been at the worst fair for what he brings on a nightly basis. Afterwards his deal could go either way as he is making 4.25 million dollars/year until 2015. Expensive due to his age, skills and the fact that he isn't just a rental.

Weiss is a younger center on a sweetheart of a deal in Florida. He has put up around 60 points the past couple of seasons playing for the Panthers and is a skilled, but undersized center. From what I have seen, he is weak on the puck and not overly fast but he has been consistent in putting up points in the NHL on a terrible team. Expensive as he is signed for a few more years at less than 4 million/year

Gaustad would be a solid 4th line center who can take the important draws, he is somewhere around 58-60% in the face-off circle. He also PK's. Cheap, paid 2.3 million for this year and next.

Neil would be a solid addition if Torts feels his team needs someone else to bring energy and add toughness to his lower lines. Cheap because he is paid 2 million/year for the next 2 years.

Tootoo would be a solid addition for both now and in the future as he and Prust on a line would add a dynamic this team hasn't had in a while with two hard-working, no nonsense grinders who will do the dirty work and drop the gloves to change the momentum or protect his teammates. Not 100% sure he is available. Cheap because he has been a healthy scratch and with the addition of Fischer will be the odd-man out.

Allen I think would be a very smart, economical addition for the Rangers bottom pairing. He is a big guy who likes to bang bodies and would add experience. Not 100% sure he is available. Medium because he is signed at 2.9 million for this year and next(not just a rental).

Phillips has been talked about already. Solid 2nd pairing defensive defenseman with a lot of experience. He would help solidify the entire defense pushing either McDonagh or Sauer down to the 3rd pairing allowing Torts to play that pairing more. Physical, rugged shut-down defenseman. Expensive due to market and multitude of teams who will want him.

Hejda. Same as Phillips.

Carkner would be a very inexpensive option for now and in the future. The guy blocks a ton of shots and is a good PKer with his long stick and battle-level in front of the net. He is a bottom-pairing defenseman with some playoff experience(last season). Great locker room guy and will drop the gloves with anyone in the league. Cheap as he is a bottom-pairing defenseman without a ton of experience.

McCabe is a player who would help the PP. He has a rocket of a shot and is not afraid to use it. He is the oldest of the players I have discusses here and has a ton of experience in the playoffs from his time in Toronto. Expensive due to the market.

Montador is another rugged mainly defensive defenseman who would bring experience to the Rangers young defense. He has had a good season by his standards in Buffalo, playing in their top-4 and at times, being their best defenseman. He can play in all situations but is not ideal for the PP. He will drop the gloves to protect himself and his teammates. Not 100% sure he is available. Medium as he has been a top-4 defenseman this season and has quite a bit of experience.

Wideman is a younger defenseman who is very mobile but can have lapses in his defensive coverage. He has a good shot from the point and when he is on his game, he is a good puck-mover and a player who will throw some solid hits. Not 100% sure he is available. Medium as he is a younger defenseman with playoff experience and is signed for next season, although at a high price of close to 4 million.

White is a defenseman who has bounced around the past couple of years from Toronto to Calgary and now with Carolina. He is a offensive defenseman who is a bit undersized but he battles very hard. He has a great shot and would most likely help the PP quite a bit with his great mobility on the back-end. Medium as he is a younger defenseman and is good in most facets of the game.

Pitkanen is a very good, younger defenseman for Carolina. He logs a TON of minutes and plays in all situations. He was bounced around for a few years at the beginning of his career due to some attitude problems. He has a great shot and can run a PP with his mobility on the back-end. He is the type of defenseman many teams will be lining up to sign on July 1st. He does have some lapses at times where he gets running around a bit too much though. Expensive due to his age and the fact that he has been Carolina's #1 defenseman for a couple of years.

Old
02-15-2011, 09:26 PM
E Nixson