HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nashville/San Jose

Old
02-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Jesus Toews*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR10 View Post
1. Yes 2. Yes
Let me guess, you were one of the people screaming trade marleau a few years ago. Heatley is still an elite talent, not a salary dump, it's in the sharks best inerested to ride it out and hope he rights the ship along with every other forward not names couture, clowe or setoguchi. Also, if we are giving up vlasic, a first +, suter or weber better be coming the other way or there's no point to sharks making the move. Our team needs top 2-3 d, franson is not a 1st+ better than vlasic, and we have no need for kosnitsyn.
No, I wasn't. Ever.

Marleau is a homegrown talent with incredible, game-breaking speed and excellent defensive awareness. Heatley was a terrible acquisition; Doug Wilson once again being enamored with a "name" over a fit. He's the kind of slow forward who if he isn't scoring he isn't contributing that Stanley Cup champions are no longer using. He's already 30 and he's just going to go downhill from here. It's time to get rid of him; should have never been acquired in the first place. He's no longer an elite talent and his contract is not only an albatross but its ludicrous cap hit hamstrings the Sharks for the forseeable future.

Jesus Toews* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:35 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstyles View Post
First of all, I'm a Sharks fan.

Heatley has always been a terrible fit and his acquisition is singlehandedly the worst deal Doug Wilson has made and likely shut our window for good. If he hadn't pulled the trigger, we would still have Michalek and Ehrhoff (given Cheechoo was waived). The Sharks main issues are a lack of speed up front and mobile, two-way defensemen on the back end. This deal would solve both issues and free up cap space. Again, if the Predators don't want to part with Kostitsyn, I'd love to add Hornqvist to the team but I'm guessing the Predators won't want to give up on him.

I tried to look at Nashville's needs as well and there's a good chance Heatley could be that game-breaker they need to add, although he might not be fast enough for Trotz's liking. Financially it shouldn't be a big deal because Heatley's contract was front-loaded so the dollars won't match the cap hit ever again on his deal.
Thank you San Joseeeeeeee!

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 12:22 AM
wraith985

vCash: 500
This proposal is disgustingly stupid. Franson and Kostitsyn aren't even worth Heatley on their own, to say nothing of the Sharks giving up Vlasic AND a first rounder as well. If the goal is to move Heatley for a puck mover, then you can surely do better than Cody ****ing Franson.

Looking at it another way, I wouldn't even trade Vlasic and a 1st for Franson and Kostitsyn. Adding Heatley on top just shows how much of a complete and utter joke this is.

wraith985 is offline   Reply With Quote