HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

If Richards is available next week:

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
If Richards is available next week:

Anisimov
Del Zotto
Grachev
1st 2011
2nd 2011 (NYR)
2nd 2011 (WSH)
Conditional 1st 2012 (if Richards re-signs with us)

for

Brad Richards

Drury healthy scratched if he ever returns from injury.
I actually think we're fine cap-wise with all the players we've had on IR and Frolov done for the year, plus the difference between Wolski and Rozy's cap-hits.

Prospal Richards Gaborik
Dubinsky Stepan Zuccarello
Wolski Christensen Callahan
Prust Boyle Avery

Staal Girardi
McDonagh Sauer
Gilroy Eminger
Valentenko as the injury call-up

The D is essentially the same, just without DZ, who should be in Hartford this year if he stays a Ranger anyway. If we could add a CHEAP veteran D who is set to hit UFA (ie: no Liles, yes Vandermeer) for a low-level prospect, we could make a nice run this year. But getting the only elite UFA available this offseason before he hits the market could potentially be HUGE, and although we give up massive amount in terms of draft picks, giving up Anisimov, DZ, and Grachev is not a huge blow to our core or prospect depth. We'd still be in fantastic shape. Much better shape than we'd be actually keeping Anisimov, Grachev, and DZ and eventually missing out on Richards this offseason.

Although, here's the flip side:

If Dallas is willing to trade him now, that means its even less likely that they re-sign him in the offseason. And since I think Dallas and NYR are the frontrunners, with Toronto being a darkhorse, if Dallas is trying to trade him now, we may be the #1 frontrunners to get him when he hits the market (if Dallas tries to trade him but fails). But if Toronto or Team X trades a big package for him, they're not going to let him go easily at all.

Old
02-17-2011, 04:16 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

vCash: 1050
I thinks that's way too much. You can just sign him in the offseason.

Old
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Holy overpayment batman!

Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
That is an abusive overpayment.

Take one of those first 3 players, 2 of the picks, and you're looking at likely the max Sather is gonna offer.

02-17-2011, 04:18 PM
ogie

he won't be available the Stars are in the hunt in the West and can't afford to give him up.

Old
02-17-2011, 04:18 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Good lord....No thanks...no f'en way with that proposal unless I know 105% he is resigning. Even then it's borderline.

Old
02-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Geez... **** that.

Old
02-17-2011, 04:21 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

That's a horrible proposal and would be a major steal for Dallas. No way would the Rangers give up that much for Richards. I'd much rather take a chance at signing him in the off season.

Old
02-17-2011, 04:26 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

These types of deals put an organization back...way back.

Old
02-17-2011, 04:26 PM
MSG the place to be*

A signed Richards once got...

Mike Smith
Jussi Jokinen
Jeff Halpern
4th

just some food for thought.

Old
02-17-2011, 04:27 PM
RyanBozak

Send a message via AIM to RyanBozak
Way too much to give up for a non-signed Richards, especially two of our firsts if he does re-sign with us. Not only will that cause us a giant gap in our prospects for the next few years, it also:

A) Puts us in a position where that yes, we do have Richards, but we're not cup contenders. We're moving our ONLY PMD in our entire system for someone that is a key piece to helping us move forward, yet, he's a band-aid overall. We'd be getting him only to push us into another round or two if that. If we're truly a few years away from being contenders, we now have a signed Richards (better believe it will be a long contract if we're giving up what you've suggested for him) growing older and definitely not getting better while the team "should be".

B) Giving up on a prospect that, while hasn't been very productive (or at least meeting expectations of many) still holds great value. Grachev has the pieces on the field; he just needs to put them together/get help putting them together.

C) Didn't even see Anisimov included in this list at first, but a big no-no IMO. Anisimov is off-limits.

I could see something more realistically (if we do not wait for him to become UFA) looking like:

Hagelin/Werek/Grachev
Valentenko
2011 1st
Conditional 2012 2nd if he re-signs.

Still a top notch prospect going the other way, Valentenko (who is replaceable due to the emergence of McDonagh's play), still giving up a first and a much more replaceable 2nd round pick if he does re-sign.

Old
02-17-2011, 04:28 PM
LotsOfHags
Hag You Much

Send a message via AIM to LotsOfHags Send a message via Yahoo to LotsOfHags
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Anisimov
Del Zotto
Grachev
1st 2011
2nd 2011 (NYR)
2nd 2011 (WSH)
Conditional 1st 2012 (if Richards re-signs with us)

for

Brad Richards

: No way Sather does that. Even if he does resign, don't feel like giving that much for him. Might as well just wait until the summer and sign him then...

Old
02-17-2011, 04:28 PM
UAGoalieGuy

That's almost more then what teams got in return for Hossa, Heatley, and Kovalchuk, combined. lol

Old
02-17-2011, 04:37 PM
ThisYearsModel

Sounds like what the Leaf fans think Kaberle is worth!

Old
02-17-2011, 04:47 PM
satrabyk

Why would u give up so much of our future for a centermen that is not a franchise player, atleast not for long. For all we know Stepan could become just as effective in a couple years. Dont get me wrong i know he is a skilled player and all, not anything like a Drury but still it just sends a negative vibe too this team, especially when are team once again does not look good enough to make it past the first round with or without Richards. Giving away all that youth and future just doesent make sense especiallly if we had to give up a 2012 first on condition he signs. So what if he doesent sign and we lose in the first round, were are we then. Lost 5 young potential pieces for nothing. The risk is not worth the reward at this point. Its time to put this Richards thing to bed if its going to take that much to get him.

Old
02-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

I almost spit my drink out when I read that. The guy is an UFA in a matter of months.

I am completely against making any sort of big acquisition at this deadline, but if we did, all I would dangle is a package centered around Anisimov, a prospect or two, and a pick.

People are way to quick to include Del Zotto in deals these days. The organization has nobody capable of QBing a powerplay anywhere and I doubt they're about to give up on a 20 year old with that kind of upside.

Old
02-17-2011, 04:51 PM
satrabyk

OMG you actually included Anisimov too, ya i didnt see that either. The only trade i would make would be 2011 1st, 2011 2nd(Wash), and a prospect(Grachev, and Del zotto) have still potential not that every young player does but if they both hit their stride they could be really good player imo.

Old
02-17-2011, 04:53 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
What the hell?

2 young roster players, a prospect, and 3 (up to 4) picks for ......... a 31 year old that may put up 2-3 more 90 point seasons if that?

Don't think it's April 1st quite yet.

edit: didn't even bother to mention that all this is for a rental which makes it even more insane.

Old
02-17-2011, 04:54 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I almost spit my drink out when I read that. The guy is an UFA in a matter of months.

I am completely against making any sort of big acquisition at this deadline, but if we did, all I would dangle is a package centered around Anisimov, a prospect or two, and a pick.

People are way to quick to include Del Zotto in deals these days. The organization has nobody capable of QBing a powerplay anywhere and I doubt they're about to give up on a 20 year old with that kind of upside.
Why would u want to trade Anisimov. The only way im trading a guy like that is if i am getting a serious good player in return, like Richards but otherwise lets not just get anyone and trade Anisimov. I just have a feeling Sather will do something stupid like that. He is a solid 2 way center, the best one we have 2 way.

Old
02-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Why would u want to trade Anisimov. The only way im trading a guy like that is if i am getting a serious good player in return, like Richards but otherwise lets not just get anyone and trade Anisimov. I just have a feeling Sather will do something stupid like that. He is a solid 2 way center, the best one we have 2 way.
I dont want to get rid of him. I like him as a player.

But as far as Im concerned, hes one of the more expendable players in the organization.

That becomes especially true if Richards becomes a Ranger (whether Anisimov is traded for him, or we sign him as a free agent)

Old
02-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Also, I dont think Sather would do it, and I hope he doesnt - he hasnt shown a propensity to do anything like that post-lockout.

I can see him spending a 2nd for a rental that will help bolster the blueline - but it better be someone whose contract expires this season.

Old
02-17-2011, 05:02 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
We have a trade deadline speculation thread where we've discussed Richards and thrown out proposals. Please use that.

It's just pain.
Closed Thread